IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: PIGS ARE FLYING! Luke is Engaged!

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. I think they’ve never found success before because any girl they casually dated in the past refused to be absorbed into the Borg and things were broken off. There’s no way this is the first girl any of them have dated. I bet there have been plenty of potential girlfriends that were shot down quickly by another family member.

Yeah, aside from that weird sing-song accent they got from Dad, the boys all present well. They're average to not-too-bad-looking-at-all and seem generally thoughtful and blandly nice. They've dated, I'm sure. But no sane woman is going to stick around for long, and if the recent videos of Paul and John are any indication, the manboys still have no clue why they can't attract long term partners. Luke's engagement may be causing even more confusion. "What's he got that we don't?" they're probably asking themselves. 

• Upvote 3

I wonder if spousal selection in the Arndt's is anything like those clubs who allow members to blackball new membership candidates. In which case, it may be a long time before there is another unfortunate woman who manages to run the gauntlet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, Smee said:

My prediction is that in 3 or 4 years time he’ll still be the only Arndt boy who “made it”, and his children will grow up with 12 weird uncles but no cousins. I think the others will be like “see! It’ll happen! God will make it happen like He did for Luke” and take this as a sign that they don’t need to question their approach to life, family & the cult, thus continuing to fly red flags for every woman they manage to encounter.

Well, according to the unmarried fundies thread I guess I have to eat my words. James too!

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

What in the love of all that’s holy is going on this year?! 

I don’t know if I should buy a lottery ticket or go hide under my bed in a blanket fort. Is this a good apocalypse or a bad one? I need to know!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 28

So if James proposes to this woman, will a bunch of Arndts be hiding in the bushes again? 

Also, I am very disappointed her name isn’t Catherine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

I forget, is James man boy number 5?  If so he must be 35 or so.  I'm curious to know how old both Paige and Catherine are.

• Upvote 4

As per Paige's Facebook, they've been in a relationship since October 25, 2022. Also, no surprise but James is a concealed and carry instructor as per his Facebook page.   She posted this photo with a few of the other Arndt siblings.

Screenshot_20221119-004544_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I forget, is James man boy number 5?  If so he must be 35 or so.  I'm curious to know how old both Paige and Catherine are.

He’s number 6 and Luke is number 4. I think the younger guys are probably fine with their older brothers being in relationships. But I wonder what numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 think. Are they jealous? Do they worry they will never marry? Is it hard watching a younger brother get engaged? The oldest brother is 42. So these thoughts must occur. 

• I Agree 4

As per the photo, it looks like she won't mind being part of the borg and doing "everything" with James and his siblings.  Not that there's anything wrong with sibling outings, but with the Arndts (and other fundies) it's almost like that's all there is.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s number 6 and Luke is number 4. I think the younger guys are probably fine with their older brothers being in relationships. But I wonder what numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 think. Are they jealous? Do they worry they will never marry? Is it hard watching a younger brother get engaged? The oldest brother is 42. So these thoughts must occur. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I forget, who is number 5, Jude?  I especially wonder how Mark feels, as I feel he is one of the brothers who really wants to get married, at least from his posts on the original Famteam blog.  Well, it's hard to know about some of the other man boys as he and Luke were the ones with diaries featured on that blog.  I also think John feels like the goal is to get married, but I never get that vibe from Paul.  John and Mark need a reality check in terms of their standards for finding a spouse.  Um, maybe follow Luke and Jameses examples??

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 4

I've always thought Luke and James sounded more "normal" than the other older manboys.  They have less of that slightly weird accent that Rick has and that is pretty pronounced with John and Mark. It's not regional. Cathy doesn't have it, so I assume it's some affect Rick acquired.  It has a strange sing-song quality to it. 

I hope there is a domino effect and some of the younger Arndts actually start breaking free, with our without partners. But I'm going to guess that a fair number of them will stay with their parents, and then with each other, for the rest of their lives. 

• Upvote 6

What's the probability that woman X will start "dating" Arndt kidult Y and then realize that she's actually way, WAY more attracted to Arndt kidult Z.  I mean, there are so many to choose from that it's a possibility! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

This is my only contribution to finding out another Arndt is dating:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 16

On 11/19/2022 at 10:44 AM, Howl said:

What's the probability that woman X will start "dating" Arndt kidult Y and then realize that she's actually way, WAY more attracted to Arndt kidult Z.  I mean, there are so many to choose from that it's a possibility! 

I'd pay Hallmark to make this movie. Well at least contribute to the Kickstarter.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

44 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'd pay Hallmark to make this movie. Well at least contribute to the Kickstarter.

It's already incredibly easy to see scenes playing out!  The music, the snow falling, a kidult in his parent's bedroom for his birthday...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's already incredibly easy to see scenes playing out!  The music, the snow falling, a kidult in his parent's bedroom for his birthday...

Romantic picturesque Alaska with penguins...

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

I can see the plot twist now... villain Cathy in her white shorty shorts working behind the scenes to convince "Kidult A" that "the girl" is not a good fit for him, only to have it backfire on her as it pushes "the girl" into the arms of "Kidult B"!  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

21 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I can see the plot twist now... villain Cathy in her white shorty shorts working behind the scenes to convince "Kidult A" that "the girl" is not a good fit for him, only to have it backfire on her as it pushes "the girl" into the arms of "Kidult B"!  

"VIPER IN MY BOSOM!"

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

This post by Paul suggests other Arndt man boys have girlfriends. 😉

Screenshot_20221126-073131_Facebook.jpg

Could this be like an internet fu, see we are really normal and we aren't man boys because we have girlfriends?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Guess it's open mating season on the compound. God must have laid this on their hearts to be fruitful and multiply.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

Guess it's open mating season on the compound. God must have laid this on their hearts to be fruitful and multiply.

It’s the Arndt March of the Penguins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31

On 11/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, JMO said:

If it's true that there are a "bunch of girlfriends" (and I don't see the Arndts as blatant liars, unlike some fundies we know) something has changed. Rick must have softened his stance on what constitutes an acceptable female friend for his otherwise safe-at-home boys. But I'll still be shocked if there ends up being many marriages.

I noticed in one of his reels Paul said that he Mark, and John live in the auxiliary house. No mention of Luke. I pray to the King of All Penguins that he's living in sin!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

On 11/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s the Arndt March of the Penguins. 

I saw a post in another forum saying that James is dating someone named Courtney. 😳

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1