IGNORED

It's Inauguration Day 2021!

GreyhoundFan

Just now, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Is she? I thought she was in her early 60's

She is 80.  It's crazy.  It annoyed me in the Leslie Stahl interview recently Stahl asked Nancy about the "dreaded 'A' word."  and Nancy was befuddled and asked what A word and Stahl said "age" and went on about the age of Nancy, McConnell, some others and asked if it was an issue.

One, "the 'A' word" is not a thing,  My first thought was 'asshole' so definitely not common parlance and two, Leslie Stahl is 79.  You'd think as she's still working competently at her age she would be less snarky when asking the question.

(Age can defintely be a legit issue, I just wtf'ed about how Stahl handled it.)

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Is she? I thought she was in her early 60's

Nancy at 80 looks younger and more beautiful than Melanoma does at 50.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Now Kamala Harris is making her walk to the White House.  Who is the little girl walking with her?

There's also a man walking along with them carrying a small child.

Edited by Flossie
  • Upvote 5

Well, the ceremonies are over, folks. After four years of chaos, we can all get back to our normal lives. 

About damn time.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Well, the ceremonies are over, folks. After four years of chaos, we can all get back to our normal lives. 

About damn time.

We can....right after the Senate votes to convict on the impeachment and strips Trump of his right to run for office ever again.  

And then I will consult my normal life and see if it wants me back.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

On CNN they said that when the Obamas left the White House they took down their personal pictures but left the frames. The Trumps took their pictures AND the frames. Just another small act that speaks volumes for what sort of people the Trumps are.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Now Kamala Harris is making her walk to the White House.  Who is the little girl walking with her?

There's also a man walking along with them carrying a small child.

I believe it is her great niece (per CNN.)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Watching Kamala walk to the WH I've decided my new life goal is to one day be as happy as she looks right now.

Not forever but to experience that much joy again, just once, would be awesome.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
commas are hard
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 7

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Watching Kamala walk to the WH I've decided my new life goal is to one day be as happy as she looks right now.

Not forever, but to experience that much joy again just once would be awesome.  

I'd like to be able to walk more than three steps with the shoes she was wearing. Nowadays I have to wear "comfort shoes".

If I win tonight's MegaMillions, I think I'd smile as much as Kamala did today.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.3ac79dfea8c65aa07390e41a6a603c46.png

I guess Trevor forgot the event from a few years back where Trump was signing bibles for his fans and gave an interview about how much he liked "Corinthians 2."

• Upvote 11

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not forever but to experience that much joy again, just once, would be awesome.  

I was just thinking how warm she seems, even with a mask covering most of her face. I read about her quite a bit before I saw her on video for any significant time (I'm way more into reading things than watching things usually) and the contrast between the way she's often portrayed and the way she actually comes off is stark.

• Upvote 13

33 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

About damn time.

Thanks for sticking by us. Now go get some rest. Tomorrow is a bright new day 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is it all just for Covid or are they looking for something else?

Trump cooties. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Ticklish said:

My daughter made a newspaper this morning. Her headline reads: "Joe Biden is new president. People are happy." 

IMG9581331.jpg

I want to know what the rumours are!

4 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

The Netherlands is cheering along with you! What a great moment!

And the world. I kept dreaming about it (inauguration was 3am local time), and woke at least once going "he's gone. Thank God."

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

The moment President Biden finished his oath, I felt hundreds of pounds lighter. Such a relief.

:group-hug: :group-hug: :group-hug:

Same. Waking up to pictures of happy people and a new, sane, reasonable President was a relief.

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The US is exhaling too

Not least due to that.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

IMO bibles shouldn't be part of government ceremonies, but given that they are it pained me to see him sworn on based on a book for which he had nothing but contempt.

I agree with you on the Constitution and if they want a text that has personal meaning to swear on too then great - Bible, Koran, UN Declaration of Human Rights, doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Release the krakens

Can someone tell me where this came from? I got a medal/t-shirt from a running challenge I did and it came with a sticker featuring a kraken looming over running people. Why krakens, why now?

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

GW and Laura were there, as well as the Clintons.

GW is probably as relieved as everyone, they weren't fans of the idiot.

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I hope he stays away from all important things, particularly the funerals. His attempts to steal all the attention would be awful.

He can go to his own funeral, and that's it.

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

The Bushes and Clintons and Obamas were there. The only ones missing were Trump (!) and the Carters (given Jimmy Carter's age/medical history I can understand not showing up for this).

Carter is probably holding on to outlive the idiot at this point. Or at least have someone decent organising his state funeral.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 9

They probably need to really sanitize the White House, and not just because of the Covid pandemic.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

I want to know what the rumours are!

We had a neighbor dog run through our yard yesterday, so that headline is "there have been rumors of dog sightings in the backyard" Breaking news, indeed. I'm a little surprised President Biden received the top headline spot. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Can someone tell me where this came from? I got a medal/t-shirt from a running challenge I did and it came with a sticker featuring a kraken looming over running people. Why krakens, why now?

It's from an unhinged lawyer named Sidney Powell who claimed to have some big news about the "election fraud" that she was going to release. She's never even been one of Trump's actual lawyers, to my knowledge, but was just trying to get in on the action.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Sidney Powell was at a presser with Rudy Giuliani so she was sorta kinda affiliated but the Trump peeps  were both trying to use her crazy and wash their hands off her crazy at the same time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

it pained me to see him sworn on based on a book for which he had nothing but contempt

Same (just realised I quoted the wrong bit in previous post, oh well). Trump should have been sworn in on a text that had personal meaning for him - his "autobiography", the faked Time cover, TV Week with The Apprentice on the cover, Playboy... not an actual religious text which he obviously held no beliefs from.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

That was a wonderful moment, I loved it.

And did you see how the President was able to walk, even jog, without falling down a ramp, unlike a private citizen from Florida who shall not be named

Can that please become his new name? pcff. Not even deserving of capital letters! 

Not deserving of capitols either. 

(My spelling is so bad I actually had to go check I got the pun right and opt to edit my original post rather than completely embarrass myself)

Edited by Mrs Ms
Spellcheck
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic