IGNORED

It's Inauguration Day 2021!

GreyhoundFan

9 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Can that please become his new name? pcff. Not even deserving of capital letters! 

"Oh, him? That's just Florida Man. Yeah, he's like that."

ETA: Jinx to @AmazonGrace

Edited by Coy Koi
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

I still prefer Bunker Baby or the Orange Fuckopotomus but pcff works for me too.  Even added it to my dictionary so my Mac wouldn't gripe about it.

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I still prefer Bunker Baby or the Orange Fuckopotomus but pcff works for me too.  Even added it to my dictionary so my Mac wouldn't gripe about it.

Orange Florida Senior Citizen. To distinguish him from the others.

• Haha 16

Release the kraken is from the movie “Clash of the Titans”. The kraken is a beast that is supposed to kill Perseus. Shouting “release the kraken” has become an internet meme. 

Also the kraken is a brand of rum. My friends and liked to joke that if we drank too much and had to throw up we would shout “release the Kraken” before we vomited.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

I keep thinking about how much work President Biden must be facing. It would be like moving into a house where 6 kids have been living by themselves for four years. Piles of laundry, mountains of dishes, and the floors! Ack! I’m glad he’s made a strong start and hope he is able to maintain the stamina to clean up the mess.

Edited by Kailash
Structure
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

Finally caught up. Thank you everyone for posting updates throughout the day. I felt terribly that I was unable to watch the inauguration and the festivities.

I love you all!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

My quiet, calm husband is rewatching the whole thing and whooping and cheering. I can't stop smiling. I will sleep SO WELL tonight.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 18

Having a cold one to celebrate!

FEDA10F3-6245-458B-A5DF-B905DAFBD2DE.thumb.jpeg.622aab5676764d14ee109f4b973d02ee.jpeg

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think new Trump threads should be Florida Man threads.

Donnie’s no good very bad horrible (presidency) day

• Haha 18

Did anyone who watched the inauguration catch sight of Senator Bernie Sanders? I was looking up various pictures from things y'all mentioned on this thread (Lady Gaga's look, the purple outfits, etc.), when I found this article about Bernie. I liked his look!

(And, hi everyone. Long time no see. :pb_redface: )

• Upvote 9
  • Love 25

4 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Did anyone who watched the inauguration catch sight of Senator Bernie Sanders? I was looking up various pictures from things y'all mentioned on this thread (Lady Gaga's look, the purple outfits, etc.), when I found this article about Bernie. I liked his look!

There are a few Bernie memes in the political humor thread 

• Thank You 6

13 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I need a YAY it's WWJCD reaction emoji!  Good to see you.  (info on Bernie's mittens are on one of the threads.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, clueliss said:

There are a few Bernie memes in the political humor thread 

Thank you! :my_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I need a YAY it's WWJCD reaction emoji!  Good to see you.  (info on Bernie's mittens are on one of the threads.)

Thanks to you, too! I've been lurking and reading for a few days, and (as usual) I finally just couldn't stay quiet. :my_shy:

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

First I got misty when the three (real) former presidents spoke, but it was Katy Perry that really did it to me. I love that song, and with the fireworks in the background and Biden and Harris with their spouses watching them, I feel so happy, so hopeful, I feel like I might burst. It’s a good feeling. 

Edited by Lillymuffin
Forgot three POTUSes
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

I really, truly honestly wanted to be wholeheartedly happy, but as a Canadian who is directly impacted by nixing the Keystone XL... my heart is heavy. Still better than the alternative, don’t get me wrong, just incredibly nervous about my loved ones. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

Question. How long til google responds with you goddamn well know who the President is and quit bothering me!

1E67E2BA-032B-4312-9133-F7075291E776.thumb.jpeg.307f5a5f91b3f6147327b02216d1abcf.jpeg

Edited by 47of74
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Stacey Abrams, who was robbed by the dubious activities of the GA legislature, of the GA governor’s seat. She is smart and determined, and needs a major role in the Democratic Party.

I can't help thinking that if Brian Kemp hadn't stolen the election from Abrams in 2018 by disenfranchising tens of thousands of voters, she might have been too busy governing to get involved in voter registration. Georgia might have ended up with Perdue and Loeffler as senators.

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is it all just for Covid or are they looking for something else?

I can't say for sure but Doug Emhoff's ex, who was invited to the inauguration, said she was going to tuck some sage into her purse, because she thought the White House could use a good smudging.

• Upvote 17

8 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

She bathes daily in the tears of butt-hurt bigots who feel emasculated in her presence. It’s her secret.

If only she'd bottle some of the tears and sell it to the rest of us.

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Nancy at 80 looks younger and more beautiful than Melanoma does at 50.

Not to mention how Ivana (the first first lady and don't you forget it, Melania) looks at age 70.

7 hours ago, Ticklish said:

We had a neighbor dog run through our yard yesterday, so that headline is "there have been rumors of dog sightings in the backyard" Breaking news, indeed. I'm a little surprised President Biden received the top headline spot. ?

I love your daughter and her newspaper!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

It's a good thing I'm not inclined toward conspiracy theories because Tuesday midmorning my internet went out and wasn't able to be fixed until this afternoon.

So this morning about an hour before the inauguration time I parked in front of the library with my ipad to use the wifi.  I connected just as the Bidens were introduced and entered the area.  Watched the swearings in and some of the music, then the livestream seemed to disconnect during Biden's speech.  I had other stuff to do so I didn't try to reconnect, but did a little catching up late afternoon when I was back in the house and the internet was on again.

13 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Kamala Harris looks great too. Purple seems to be the color of choice today.

Apparently purple is not just the color of political unity (red and blue combined) but it is also associated with Shirley Chisholm, the first black woman to run for president, back in the early 1970s.  For Harris, at least, that would have been part of her choice of it.

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

And it's good to see Grumpy Cat again.

I don't even recognize this avatar!  @Destiny, is grumpy cat what you had immediately prior to the unmentionable one?  

Because I know I joined well before 2016 (it was early 2013, I think) and I assume it didn't take me that long to recognize Destiny as a poster and admin.  When did this avatar swap that wasn't supposed to last long happen?  Maybe I was just oblivious...

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Release the kraken is from the movie “Clash of the Titans”. The kraken is a beast that is supposed to kill Perseus. Shouting “release the kraken” has become an internet meme. 

Also the kraken is a brand of rum. My friends and liked to joke that if we drank too much and had to throw up we would shout “release the Kraken” before we vomited.

Also the new NHL hockey franchise for Seattle.

• Thank You 4

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic