IGNORED

It's Inauguration Day 2021!

GreyhoundFan

As heartbroken as I was four years ago, I refused to shed a tear over anything Trump did, no matter how heinous.

Today? Tears of motherfucking JOY.

Seriously, I don't think I realized how much stress I'd been holding in until I heard "Let the Sunshine In" and just started SOBBING with happiness and relief.

Love to everyone ❤️ ❤️  ❤️ ❤️  ❤️ ❤️

• Upvote 9
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

She so deserves it.

As a writer, recognising the extraordinary talent and hard work that went into her words is so humbling and inspiring. She’s incredible, and deserves all the recognition. I wish I could have half her skill at twice her age.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Amy Klobuchar, master of cool understatement.

• Haha 27
  • Love 1

Some of my favorite images from the inauguration.

Also, currently looking for a new job. Seeing VP Harris BEAMING with joy while sworn in made me think: "if my new job doesn't make me look that happy right on day one, I don't want it"

20210121_093649.jpg

20210121_093729.jpg

20210121_093817.jpg

Edited by flowergirl
still getting used to posting after years of reading only
  • Love 29

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Did anyone who watched the inauguration catch sight of Senator Bernie Sanders? I was looking up various pictures from things y'all mentioned on this thread (Lady Gaga's look, the purple outfits, etc.), when I found this article about Bernie. I liked his look!

(And, hi everyone. Long time no see. :pb_redface: )

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

image.png.45ef355a95a7de485e6584b55b13eab6.png

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I missed the whole after show last night. A old friend of my called and we talked for a long time

I hope there is some kind of rebroadcast on YouTube. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I missed the whole after show last night. A old friend of my called and we talked for a long time

Search for "Celebrate America" on youtube. I don't want to put up any links since goodness knows the copyright status of what is there, but you should be able to find a video before it comes down. 

• Thank You 8

58 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

PBS NewsHour also has the full show on YouTube, just look for their channel.

I love Jon Bon Jovi, but he sounded strange. It was like he was trying to sound like George Harrison.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Did anyone who watched the inauguration catch sight of Senator Bernie Sanders? I was looking up various pictures from things y'all mentioned on this thread (Lady Gaga's look, the purple outfits, etc.), when I found this article about Bernie. I liked his look!

(And, hi everyone. Long time no see. :pb_redface: )

Hey lady! I’ve been missing you! Get your butt back here more, fj isn’t the same without you!
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I found one - I don't know how complete it is, because I haven't watched it yet - but I did start it, and it doesn't get going til several minutes in. I missed last night too and will not rest until I see it. Here's what I found.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I don't even recognize this avatar!  @Destiny, is grumpy cat what you had immediately prior to the unmentionable one?  

Because I know I joined well before 2016 (it was early 2013, I think) and I assume it didn't take me that long to recognize Destiny as a poster and admin.  When did this avatar swap that wasn't supposed to last long happen?  Maybe I was just oblivious...

It was just regular grumpy cat with a NO on it, though for a while it was marriage equality grumpy cat. It’s distinctly possible that you did not recognize me or my posts before the Trumpvatar though, because I was a very rare poster back then. I think before the Great Migration of 2015 (that I still have nightmares about y’all) to this new software started ramping up, I had under 150 posts, and the majority of those were in a helpmeet only area. I wasn’t an admin either, so, you may well have not even known I existed. 

The avatar swap was initially a bit of a joke, and a bit of expediency — It was intended to help me keep the test version of FJ I was using to test the Great Migration differentiated from my “real” FJ account with grumpy cat, and I kept it as a joke, saying I would get rid of it when Donald Trump finally admitted he wasn’t going to be president. This was right after he announced when we all thought he would never be elected. I thought I would have it maybe until Super Tuesday. More fool me.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

That was Jon Bon Jovi - the single artist.  Not Bon Jovi the band.  But still loved it.

And PopSugar is discussing Elle Emhoff's coat (which had me going ooooh and I'm 56)

• Upvote 9

@clueliss, I’m of a similar age to you, and I want that coat, too!  It’s spectacular!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I wish I could find a picture, but seeing Biden hold his grandson while watching the song Katy Perry sang... 

The image of Biden holding his daughters hand who was holding his wife's hand... 

I feel like there is a real human in the White House again.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

That was Jon Bon Jovi - the single artist.  Not Bon Jovi the band.  But still loved it.

And PopSugar is discussing Elle Emhoff's coat (which had me going ooooh and I'm 56)

I have a thing for coats and this one - oh my yes. 

• Upvote 6

Everyone I know from home (New Jersey) was so excited that two of our icons were a part the inauguration celebration. Especially our pride and joy Bruce.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

Hey lady! I’ve been missing you! Get your butt back here more, fj isn’t the same without you!

I'm going to try to get on FJ on a somewhat regular basis, and balance it with all my real life fuckery. Like, I get some FJ time after I get x number of things crossed off my to do list(s). For example, I took out the trash/recycling, cleaned the litter box, and started washing some cloth masks this morning before I logged in to FJ. :pb_biggrin:

I think before the Great Migration of 2015 (that I still have nightmares about y’all) to this new software started ramping up, I had under 150 posts, and the majority of those were in a helpmeet only area. I wasn’t an admin either, so, you may well have not even known I existed.

My account was one of the ones re-evaluated and activated during the giant software upgrade, so thank you for all that hard work! (And of course, all the other hard work you and all the FJ volunteers do!) I think I remember your Grumpy Cat avatar from before the nasty Cheeto one? :think:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

It was just regular grumpy cat with a NO on it, though for a while it was marriage equality grumpy cat. It’s distinctly possible that you did not recognize me or my posts before the Trumpvatar though, because I was a very rare poster back then. I think before the Great Migration of 2015 (that I still have nightmares about y’all) to this new software started ramping up, I had under 150 posts, and the majority of those were in a helpmeet only area. I wasn’t an admin either, so, you may well have not even known I existed. 

The avatar swap was initially a bit of a joke, and a bit of expediency — It was intended to help me keep the test version of FJ I was using to test the Great Migration differentiated from my “real” FJ account with grumpy cat, and I kept it as a joke, saying I would get rid of it when Donald Trump finally admitted he wasn’t going to be president. This was right after he announced when we all thought he would never be elected. I thought I would have it maybe until Super Tuesday. More fool me.

Ah, soon as you mentioned the regular grumpy cat with the NO, I remembered that avatar.  I just visually didn't connect that grumpy cat with this grumpy cat!

You were diligent to keep your promise when it turned out to be for so long.  So happy it's now gone.

And -- welcome back @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?!!   ?  Was thinking of you recently and wondering if you still checked in now and then.

@Kailash has started a wonderful tradition of occasionally posting her day's to do list in her status, and several of us join in and list our own goals for the day, and then share successes at the end of the day.  Keep an eye out for it in the status column!  I too try to use FJ, or internet time in general, as a reward after doing other life tasks.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Her jacket is nice and all but what I really love about our vice president and her stepkids is how she is their "Momala". I have a stepdad who I love as a parent and have a special name for too :D.

• Upvote 17

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic