IGNORED

It's Inauguration Day 2021!

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Having a leader who thinks we can be better...a leader who sees the good.

And who actually plans to do the job he's been elected to do.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 11

Just now, fraurosena said:

First act: remembrance for the Covid deaths. 

Tears in my eyes.

I didn't realize how much I needed my president to acknowledge covid and its deaths until Biden did it last night. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 26

I love being able to share this with you guys.  I live in DEEP RED Trump land.  My neighborhood still has Trump flags.  I'm a hermit who rarely leaves the house any more.  You guys mean A LOT to me.  ❤️

• Upvote 3
  • Love 43

It's such a pleasure to have a president I want to watch, rather than one I feel I have to watch like a hawk, for fear of what dangerous thing he'll do next.

Amazing Grace, for the third time in two days.

Brother Gary will be so pleased!  :angelic-cyan:

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 20

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

The most surprising things to me in the article quoted above about the Bibles is that 1) Trump actually owns one and 2) Trump graduated Sunday school (presumably without using his allowance to bribe someone else to do it in his place).

And I'm going to try not to even think about the cheeto at all for at least the rest of the day. He's gone, past, irrelevant, buh bye. 

I have such a blind spot where that person is that I totally read that as CLINTON using the two bibles.  I had to go back and re-read the article because I was so sure you were wrong.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

I'm just handing out hearts like the sluttish heathen I am.. what a great day.. I watched the subbed version though, and the translator was terrible.. Have to look it up later. My parents don't speak english and they said he seems philosophical.. had to explain that he was quoting the bible and an anthem among others..

• Upvote 6
  • Love 18

Thank you FJ for being here for me for the last four-odd years, for being here crying with me when the unthinkable happened in 2016, to marching for me when I was too snowed in to do it myself at the Women's March; to sharing my utter rage and disgust at the Muslim bans and the babies in cages; to Charlottesville; to the loss of RBG; to the election that never seemed to end. I love you all. 

Now, let's all figure out how to help America become the country President Biden thinks we can be. 

• Love 40

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That guy sanitizing the podium between speakers looks so much like Barr it's freaking me out!  

Hard same. I thought it was him for the first several times he came up. 

I'm here for this badass poet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

I love Amanda Gorman's poem. I thrill at her play with words and the beauty of the message it contains.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

Just now, Destiny said:

I'm loving her, and I generally don't care for poetry.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

Dangerous sentiment.  Well intentioned, but yikes.  

(The sentiment that democracy can't be destroyed.  I wish that were true, but it's not.  If the last few weeks have shown us anything it's that we need to actively protect it and hold traitors and seditionists (especially those holding office) accountable to the fullest extent of the law.)

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I'm loving her, and I generally don't care for poetry.

I've always said I hate poetry unless in the form of lyrics - but this is beautiful.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I don't post regularly on FJ's political threads (because I do my political stuff on other sites), but today is a beautiful day and I wanted to celebrate with all of you.  I went into work a bit late today so I could watch Kamala Harris and Joe Biden be sworn in.  I was so moved by Officer Goodman being part of the inauguration ceremony.  I've watched the inaugurations of Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama but today was the most meaningful because our democracy has been under attack for four years.  Lots of work to do but we did withstand all the horror that Trump and his enablers threw at us.  Now to begin the massive cleanup, but today is a day of joy .

• Upvote 8
  • Love 21

I watched all of that doing steps on my rebounder (mini trampoline).  Which is dangerous when you’re tearing up.  

It was nice to see one of my Senators (Blunt), nit acting like an ass.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

Just now, clueliss said:

I watched all of that doing steps on my rebounder (mini trampoline).  Which is dangerous when you’re tearing up.  

It was nice to see one of my Senators (Blunt), nit acting like an ass.  

Roy Blunt looks like an old John Mulaney.  

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dangerous sentiment.  Well intentioned, but yikes.  

What did I miss? My phone rang. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Hard same. I thought it was him for the first several times he came up. 

I'm sorry but I'm LOVING not recognizing @Destiny by avatar.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

I'm so Happy! Finally, our country is on its way up, instead of down! Here's to a hopeful future! 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

It was nice having a coherent speech given again by an adult. That, and that the glass ceiling has been broken.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 10

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic