IGNORED

Sidney Powell: Is Anyone on Trump's Legal Team Sane?

Cartmann99

21 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I can't read this story due to GDPR.

Basically, the article shows that Lin Wood is batshit crazy.  He's estranged from his adult children and his grandchild and has alienated his former law partners.   He "found Jesus" in 2018 at the age of 66. 

'On Feb. 10, about three weeks after his speech at Mercer, Wood called his colleagues around 1 a.m., begging them to come to his house on a matter of “life or death,” according to court papers. Two of the lawyers say they sat with Wood until almost dawn.

The following day, Wood fired all three lawyers by email — and, hours later, left them voice messages rescinding the terminations. Then, in a lengthy conference call with two of the lawyers, Wood referred to himself as “Lin almighty” and threatened both of them, the lawyers allege.'

He found a certain amount of fame by defending Richard Jewell and continued to fight for Jewell after the man died.  (Still interested in collecting his percentage, I guess.)  He lost a case against Tesla and his partners think that's what broke him.

He thinks that China wanted to take over the USA in 2020 and use our land for food production for their large population.  He thinks China is behind the "fraud" of the Georgia elections.  

'He says “hard evidence” shows that China’s Communist Party is a financial backer of Dominion Voting Systems, which made Georgia’s voting machines. But he has not shared any evidence publicly, and Dominion denies any ties to China or other foreign governments.

He says Kemp, Raffensperger, Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan and other state officials accepted bribes and are headed to prison. “Listen carefully, Governor Kemp,” Wood said at the Alpharetta rally. “Brian Kemp, I state as a matter of fact that you’re a criminal, that you took money from Dominion, you took money from China.” '

Yes.  He thinks we're headed for a war with China.  And he believes that God is directing him to spout this nonsense.  He's exactly the kind of person Trump likes to use.

'He says “masterminds” rigged voting so Loeffler would beat U.S. Rep Doug Collins for a spot in the Senate runoff.

He says “a day of judgment is coming” for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and that Chief Justice John Roberts is “corrupt & should resign immediately.” '

Totally nuts.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmazonGrace

• Cartmann99

• thoughtful

• Howl

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well, her grifting potential just increased exponentially. :roll:

image.png.8c4143299d910fabc0f06bc74f335272.png

:head-desk:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

In response to that:

• Haha 11

20 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Well, her grifting potential just increased exponentially. :roll:

image.png.8c4143299d910fabc0f06bc74f335272.png

:head-desk:

Many are now saying it is statistically impossible. Have any of then actually explained how it statistically impossible? Does it use fake counties or counties from different states? As a math teacher, I am slightly curious about their math. I am sure I would be quite annoyed if I actually looked at it and saw the errors. 

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

16 minutes ago, Ali said:

Many are now saying it is statistically impossible. Have any of then actually explained how it statistically impossible? Does it use fake counties or counties from different states? As a math teacher, I am slightly curious about their math. I am sure I would be quite annoyed if I actually looked at it and saw the errors. 

From what I gathered they were calculating the odds that the first votes that showed Trump winning and the last votes that had Biden take a lead were randomly selected from a uniform pool of votes. I don't know if the math was correct there but the premise is BS in any case. Nobody else was expecting that the votes from all counties and areas have a similar random distribution because that's not how elections work.

Another BS math issue how on earth could Trump lose if he got more votes than last time. Not taking the turnout into the account.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is going to end well...

We need @47of74's popcorn...

• I Agree 9

On 11/22/2020 at 3:24 AM, AmazonGrace said:

The Democrats could do this and they still lost seats?

Never count on the Democrats to get it right. If they had thrown their money at Charles Brooker instead of Amy McGrath, Mitch might have been a lame duck by now.

Seriously, that is something Trump's lawyers can't explain--why the Senate didn't flip and why the Democratics lost seats in the House.

• Upvote 10

14 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Never count on the Democrats to get it right. If they had thrown their money at Charles Brooker instead of Amy McGrath, Mitch might have been a lame duck by now.

Problem with the Democratic leadership is that they’re composed of milquetoast types who are afraid of their own goddamn shadows and won’t fight because they’re worried that guys like Hannity or Rush Limpdick will be mean to them or they wanna do the political calculus bullshit.  I’ve always said those two fuckmuppets will call us names no matter what so it might as well be for doing the right thing.  And they should shove the political calculus where the armor don’t reach.  I think if the Democrats had been a lot more hard ass when President Obama was in we wouldn’t have had the teabaggers getting in, let alone the Fuckmuppet in chief.  If Mrs. Clinton had been in we’d be able to have a somewhat normal Christmas now. 

And if my local Congress critter had won re-election I’d be advocating hard that Speaker Pelosi not be re-elected as speaker.  I cannot forgive her for punting on Bush.  There are 300,000 dead Americans and a majority of them might not have died if she wasn’t so milquetoast. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Problem with the Democratic leadership is that they’re composed of milquetoast types who are afraid of their own goddamn shadows and won’t fight because they’re worried that guys like Hannity or Rush Limpdick will be mean to them or they wanna do the political calculus bullshit.  

Not to mention they are mostly pretty rich, consequently they benefit financially from the GOP being in power. 

• Upvote 5

Apparently, Sidney Powell was back at the White House this evening and still wanting to seize the voting machines.  Maybe she snuck back when Giuliani and Meadows weren't around to yell her down.

One other thing from the article I read was that Patrick Byrne, the ex-CEO of Overstock who previously had the affair with a Russian agent, was also at the earlier meeting.  He said, "In addition, any suggestion if there was talk of a military coup or martial law is also a flat lie. 100% false. I was there for 4 1/2 hours, I heard the entire conversation, that is a 100% fabrication."  And:  "My involvement is I was in the room when it happened. The raised voices included my own. I can promise you: President Trump is being terribly served by his advisers. They want him to lose and are lying to him. He is surrounding by mendacious mediocrities."  (He  posted this on Twitter.  He's just as crazy as Powell.)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

It looks like she's planning something crazy.

My guess is Rudy knows it's illegal and wants to pretend he's not in it, in case it doesn't work.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 6

If they aren't planning anything, why does she keep going up there to talk to him?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

53 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

If they aren't planning anything, why does she keep going up there to talk to him?

So I’m confused. Is she siding with Flynn or not?

• Upvote 7

Well, if Giuliani has cut her loose, about the only thing left is a coup.  I think she's parsing words with the "no military coup" language.  It's a coup but not strictly military.  I think she still wants to get the voting machines and she'll have Donald do an executive order for a "legal revote".  Yeah -- it's illegal as hell and that's why Rudy has jumped clear.  Even he's not dumb enough to walk into a sedition charge.

• Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Of  course Twitler listens to her more than he listens to others, maximum crazy is always going to attract him.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 12

The Orange Butt Plug’s main legal nut case won’t be special counsel after all. 

Donald Trump informed the conspiracy-theory-driven MAGA attorney Sidney Powell on Monday that he does not intend to appoint her “special counsel” to investigate “election fraud,” according to two people with knowledge of the matter and another source close to the White House.

Trump had met with Powell and others in the Oval Office on Friday to discuss, among other items, the possibility of appointing her to such a position. The president has been captivated by Powell’s extreme views and anti-democratic ideas for nullifying this year’s presidential election that Joe Biden won—to the point that Powell continued to be given an audience at the White House and with Trump in the subsequent days.

But Trump has now buckled at the prospect of giving her such a formal portfolio for pursuing her conspiracy theories around voter irregularities and fraud, which include a supposed Venezuelan plot to rig the election. Asked whether Trump told Powell that she wouldn’t be “special counsel,” Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani—who leads the president’s post-election legal team—told The Daily Beast on Tuesday: “Yes,” adding, “she is no longer part of [our] team. She is on her own.”

Powell and White House spokespeople did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Tuesday afternoon. President Trump, it should be noted, is notorious for changing his mind on a whim.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 12/21/2020 at 6:01 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Seth Abramson has some things to say about this.

Pretty damned scary, but he makes a good case. Remember back when that Flynn ditched his very competent counsel and hired Sydney Powell. 

Unroll of the full thread HERE

First three tweets in the unrolled thread to get the gist of it: 

Flynn is represented by Powell. Flynn just told Lou Dobbs that "we"—apparently, he and Powell—had just gotten "evidence" from "foreign nations and partners" who'd been "watching" our election for digital intereference. Such surveillance would require intelligence capabilities.

Flynn indicated that his intention was to ensure that this "evidence" be given to Trump directly. Thereafter he went to the White House once and his lawyer Powell went three times. Once she was seen with an article about an alleged Iranian attack on the election under her arm.  [this may have been the CISA document noted by alert observers]

Flynn's closest intelligence ties are to the intelligence services of—and cyberintelligence firms connected to—the following five nations: Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates. The last of these four countries all want Trump to go to war with Iran. 

This right here is some kraken-level shit. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

The law twitter are saying that this is the dumbest election lawsuit so far. I don't think it has anything to do with Sidney Powell but I'm putting this here because if you were entertained by the #squidigation  you will love this too. Somebody sued Mike Pence, the congress and the ELECTORAL COLLEGE, and Brian Kemp in his original capacity, whatever that means.

According to this lawsuit every presidential election has been unconstitutional since forever, because state legislatures weren't in session and certified the results, but it only matters in the swing states that Trump lost.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

The court did it sua sponte which I'm learning means that nobody asked them to, the judge got worried on their own time.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The court did it sua sponte which I'm learning means that nobody asked them to, the judge got worried on their own time.

Yeah, sua sponte means of his/her/its/their own accord which basically means the judge wasn't gonna wait around for the defendants to call these disgraces out on their dumb fuckery.

I remember another time that a Delaware court called out an attorney from another jurisdiction.  It was for Joe Jamail of Texas style deposition fame

One particular instance of misconduct during a deposition in this case demonstrates such an astonishing lack of professionalism and civility that it is worthy of special note here as a lesson for the future--a lesson of conduct not to be tolerated or repeated. Paramount Commc'ns v. Qvc Network, 637 A.2d 34, 52 (Del. 1994)

That was a whole addendum about how the court wasn't gonna put up with any further bad behavior from Mr. Jamail and that if he had been a Delaware attorney he would have almost certainly been sanctioned.

• Upvote 7