IGNORED

Sidney Powell: Is Anyone on Trump's Legal Team Sane?

Cartmann99

Sidney Powell, Facing Legal Sanctions, Says Trump Election Fraud Claims Just Her 'Opinion'

Earlier this month, Attorney General Dana Nessel, who's seeking to sanction Powell, asked a federal judge to consider Powell's strategy in a $1.3 billion Dominion defamation suit in deciding the state's push to sanction her.

In a Friday court filing, Powell's defense attorney Stefanie Lambert Junttila argued that "based on case law, Ms. Powell's statements are not legally considered 'fact.' Rather, by placing her statements in the broad and specific context of political debate, there are legally considered 'opinion.'"

"No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact," Junttila wrote, in reference to Powell's election fraud remarks. "Powell's statements would not be actionable for defamation because she disclosed the underlying facts supporting her statements, and her statements were legally opinion."

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmazonGrace

• Cartmann99

• thoughtful

• Howl

"Abject" fraud?

"Obtaining a coup"?

These are all certainly words, but they mostly seem to indicate issues with her speech.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Florida's top Democrat files complaint against former Trump attorney's charity

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Democratic Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried said Friday she is going after a charity run by Sidney Powell, a former attorney for former President Donald Trump who amplified conspiracy theories in the wake of the 2020 election cycle.

Fried’s office alleges that the Powell-run charity, known as Defending the Democracy, did not properly register with the state and has been deceptively soliciting donations on its website, which lists a West Palm Beach address. Fried is currently running for governor in Florida.

The organization was set up under the guise of raising money to fund legal challenges to the results of the 2020 election, which saw a Trump loss spin off a host of conspiracy theories about voter fraud, many of which were started by Powell. She became known for saying she would “release the Kraken” before filing a failed lawsuit to overturn Georgia's election results.

“Defending the Republican is an affiliate with Sidney Powell, former attorney for former President Donald Trump, and established as a legal front involved in conspiracies in the so-called rigged presidential election,” Fried said during a press conference.

“If you take advantage of Floridians, if you think the rules do not apply to you, we will release a Kraken of our own,” Fried added.

:popcorn2:

• Thank You 6

18 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I liked this reaction:

image.png.45607e2ba2c5cc623e0d89ddc232aa60.png

• Upvote 13

Made me think of this thread:

image.png.44dc6f67872a593d0878ab1723478944.png

• Haha 13

14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Made me think of this thread:

image.png.44dc6f67872a593d0878ab1723478944.png

This. Is. Amazing. 

The judge ordering every single attorney who signed to appear is pretty interesting.  My guess is Judge Parker got pretty fed up with the attorneys' b.s. and is eager to make a point.  I doubt it will be jail but I predict some pretty big monetary sanctions are going to be ordered.   

• Upvote 9

Sidney Powell Suggests 2020 Election Can Be Overturned by Recalling Electors for Fraud

Speaking to conservative commentator Brannon Howse, Powell claimed that state legislators have the power to "recall the electors for fraud," which she argues would "undo" President Joe Biden's election win.

"I think it's certainly important for people to understand what happened here and the more information we can get about that the better," Powell said. "It's particularly important for our state legislators to understand it because they have the power to recall the electors for fraud. Fraud officiates or disposes of everything, undoes everything that wrongfully happened as a result of that fraud."

Powell's remarks came five months into Biden's presidency and amid continued efforts by Trump allies to push unverified claims of widespread election fraud.

Howse, her interviewer, recently directed MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's 2021 "docu-movie," Absolute Fraud, which claims without real evidence that a Chinese cyberattack "flipped" the election against former President Donald Trump.

Click here if you want to watch Powell's interview with Howse. At 10:50, Howse claims that vendors don't want to business with him anymore because of his association with Mike Lindell. Sidney's response:

"It's a combination of pure fascism, I mean, that's exactly what it is when corporate America starts enforcing the policies of The Left to turn us into an authoritarian totalitarian communist regime. That's the basic essence of it. They have turned away from God in every respect because God hates deceit; he loves the truth."

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 6

Things are going awesome when your lawyers need lawyers. 

• Thank You 9

Things are going awesome when your lawyers cry at hearings.

Mike Dunford did  livetweeting from the hearing.

Thread2

Thread 1

• Thank You 7

On 6/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, Cartmann99 said:

"It's a combination of pure fascism, I mean, that's exactly what it is when corporate America starts enforcing the policies of The Left to turn us into an authoritarian totalitarian communist regime. That's the basic essence of it. They have turned away from God in every respect because God hates deceit; he loves the truth."

When you max out all of the scary fear words in one sentence....then follow up with God as the ultimate authority for a one-two punch. 

Today I'm going with Sidney Powell (and Lin Wood and Mr. Pillow Guy) are delusional or at least suffering from some type of mental disorder and I mean this literally. 

This is an absolutely brilliant take:

"Many lawyers were in a hole at the start. Some tried to climb up the shoulders of others to get out. They were harmed in these efforts because those people were still digging while the others were climbing."

The general consensus is this was a blood bath.  Defendants and their lawyers came in thinking it would be legal floof.  In reality, the judge started drilling down for details.

One example of the brazen lack of prep: "Law Clerk: Judge, you're referring to the complaint. It's going to take us a few minutes to get the affidavits due to the lack of indexing by the plaintiffs."

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...

Fascism  bad.  Antifa bad.  What's left to be good? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Upvote 10

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

And we know you’ll accept what they pay if you’re willing to work!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

It's not a good sign when a sanctions order weighs that much.

It turns out that the United States, where many still prefer the traditional ways of dealing with things like weights, measures, and coronaviruses, has its own rules for paper, too. As I learned on Paper Sizes, the website that tells you all about the sizes of paper, what most of the world calls “A4” is slightly bigger than the American “Letter,” and though the world uses “grammage” we use “basis weight.” Most basic printer paper, like the kind you’d use if you wanted to print out a sanctions order, is “20lb bond” paper (roughly equivalent to 75 gsm). One sheet of that stuff weighs 0.16 ounces, meaning that 110 sheets of it would weigh about 1.1 pounds.

This next part is less scientific, but I think still valid: if someone has moved to sanction you, and the judge’s order on that motion weighs more than a pound, that’s not good news for you. Not at all. In fact, I think you could save some time by just weighing it first; if it’s over a pound, you could just retire without reading it.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

And Larry Elders’s psychic claims of election fraud were apparently plagiarized from Lin Wood, so I guess they were trying to bring all the heavy hitters to their windmill tilt. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawstory.com/amp/larry-elder-lin-wood-plagiarizing-2655025317

No ballots had been counted by the time this was posted, so it is impossible for there to have been a statistical analysis done.

KRON reported Tuesday that the petition that Elder promoted is copied from Wood's petition circulated last year. 

"The language in the initial paragraph and final sentence of the petition is identical to that on petitions circulated online by attorney Lin Wood backing his lawsuit to overturn Biden's win in Georgia last year," said the report.

• Thank You 11