IGNORED

Sidney Powell: Is Anyone on Trump's Legal Team Sane?

Cartmann99

20 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

She should represent herself. Of course watching that would require  an extra large popcorn and jumbo Twizzlers

No drinking games, though. If you took a shot every time she went into conspiracy theory mode, you'd end up with alcohol poisoning. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

• Haha 7

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmazonGrace

• Cartmann99

• thoughtful

• Howl

On 1/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, Cartmann99 said:

No drinking games, though. If you took a shot every time she went into conspiracy theory mode, you'd end up with alcohol poisoning. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

If I took a shot every time fuck face or some branch trumpvidian groupie spouted off some conspiracy theory alcohol poisoning would have done me in a long time ago.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

If I took a shot every time fuck face or some branch trumpvidian groupie spouted off some conspiracy theory alcohol poisoning would have done me in a long time ago.

Nevermind a shot, at this point I think just a sip be enough to cause alcohol poisoning. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What are the chances this evidence actually shows Pence opposing something Trump suggested that is patently treasonous?

I mean, I think Pence is slimy, but he seems the sort to have a line somewhere he won't cross. Trump has none, and doesn't understand others who do. I could see this "evidence" actually being Pence refusing orders from "president" Trump... but the orders themselves incriminating Trump.

• Upvote 9

The Kraken tried to run: "Dominion Says It Chased Sidney Powell 'Across State Lines' After She Evaded Lawsuit for Weeks"

Conservative Texas lawyer Sidney Powell attempted to avoid being served with a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Services in January, court documents show.

Powell was instrumental in filing a number of lawsuits on behalf of former President Donald Trump, alleging voter fraud in certain battleground states helped President Joe Biden win the 2020 election. Among Powell's arguments were allegations that Dominion's voting machines were rigged to count votes cast for Trump as ballots for Biden. In January, Dominion sued Powell for her claims. Powell filed for an extension of time to respond to Dominion's suit on Monday.

In a response to Powell's motion filed Tuesday, Dominion attorney Thomas Clare said that Dominion would not oppose Powell's motion as a "professional courtesy."

"But the record should reflect that: (1) Powell refused to respond to requests from Plaintiffs' counsel about executing waivers of service of process (which would have extended the time to respond to the complaint); and (2) Powell evaded service of process for weeks, forcing Dominion to incur unnecessary expenses for extraordinary measures to effect service, including hiring private investigators and pursuing Powell across state lines," Dominion's response continued.

Newsweek reached out to Powell for comment.

Powell also claimed that Dominion was founded in Venezuela in order to make sure that the late Hugo Chavez was the presidency in that country. Dominion said Powell's "wild accusations" were "demonstrably false."

"Far from being created in Venezuela to rig elections for a now-deceased Venezuelan dictator," the company's January complaint against Powell read, "Dominion was founded in Toronto for the purpose of creating a fully auditable paper-based vote system that would empower people with disabilities to vote independently on verifiable paper ballots."

Dominion said that Powell's allegations had been harmful to the company's reputation. "For Dominion—whose business is producing and providing voting systems for elections—there are no accusations that could do more to damage Dominion's business or to impugn Dominion's integrity, ethics, honesty, and financial integrity," read Dominion's January suit against Powell.

Dominion also filed a $1.3 defamation lawsuit against Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani in January for making similar allegations against the company.

In a January statement, Dominion CEO John Paulos claimed that Giuliani's public support of Trump's baseless claims of voter fraud amounted to "actively propagated disinformation to purposefully mislead voters."

Giuliani said the amount of money asked for in the lawsuit was meant to "frighten people faint of heart."

"It is another act of intimidation by the hate-filled left-wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech," Giuliani said in a January statement, "as well as the ability of lawyers to defend their clients vigorously."

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Does that mean Powell and Wood won’t be available to the orange one when he next needs a new legal team, because they’re too busy bailing each others‘ arses out of their own fuck-ups?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

Does that mean Powell and Wood won’t be available to the orange one when he next needs a new legal team, because they’re too busy bailing each others‘ arses out of their own fuck-ups?

Why does he need them? He has such FABULOUS lawyers now!

:laughing-rofl:

• Haha 7

I'm putting this here since Ellis was part of Trump's legal shenanigans team:

• Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 3

Lin Wood shouldn’t be within 1000 miles of a law license. 

Lawyer Lin Wood used social media to enlist an "Army of Patriots" to investigate members of the State Bar of Georgia, after they threatened to suspend his legal license over his conduct related to the 2020 presidential election.

Using the social media app Telegram, Wood asked his followers on Saturday to research members of the State Bar's Disciplinary Board in order to dig up possible information that could be used against their case.

In the post, which has been viewed over 380,000 times since Saturday, Wood asked his followers to dig through "all relevant information that could form the basis of the challenge," including social media posts, personal life and affiliations, and client history.

Wood then posted the names of the Disciplinary Board's 18 members, along with their addresses. For at least four of the board members, Wood provided his followers with home addresses, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

• WTF 8
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Lin Wood shouldn’t be within 1000 miles of a law license.

Wood's estranged from his adult children, so he recently decided to post his son's personal email address so his fans could plead his case. Yeah, that'll help the situation. :doh:

• WTF 11

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:
  Hide contents

image.png.25e250d266b633849ad5591077b49398.png

image.thumb.png.4abdc4a4a3d08fc21b50ff441dbe2717.png

image.thumb.png.aad9590787cecdf1eed956609bf584b0.png

I hope the judge tells her to go fornicate herself.  I hope she doesn't have a law license for much longer.  One of the big things that licensing authorities really don't like is when one uses their license to harass other individuals or bring harm to them.

• Upvote 12

Thread with more about the Powell defense.

if this defense cuts it, how does it affect the credibility of any of her future court cases? "Your honor, the opposing counsel has previously declared that nobody sane believes her anyway."

"Oh but she has declared that she believes in it herself."

"Exactly my point, your honor."

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Michigan AG argues KrackenLawyer should be sanctioned.

Defending herself from more than $1 billion in liabilities from Dominion Voting Machines, lawyer Sidney Powell argued late last month that that “no reasonable person” would believe that her conspiracy theories were factual. Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) cited that concession to argue that the pro-Trump lawyer’s meritless litigation is sanctionable.

“These attorneys seemingly made statements they knew were misleading in an effort to further their false and destructive narrative,” Nessel wrote in a statement on Wednesday. “As lawyers, fidelity to the law is paramount. These individuals worked to further conspiracy theories in an effort to erode public trust in government and dismantle our systems of democracy. Their actions are inexcusable.”

On Tuesday, the attorney general filed a supplemental briefing on behalf of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (D), drawing a federal judge’s attention to Powell’s latest defense against the more than $1 billion in liabilities that she faces from Dominion Voting System’s defamation lawsuit.

• Upvote 10

Sidney Powell had a nice life as a regular ol' successful Texas lawyer.  Why she took this weird turn and became so deeply mired in the La Brea Tar Pits of Stolen Vote wack-a-doo is simply beyond me.

I have to admit that there's no crazy crazier than a crazy lawyer and maybe it was bubbling under the surface all along, but still...her reputation is shot, she'll be financially destroyed and will possibly/probably lose her law license and for what?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 11/23/2020 at 9:25 AM, Howl said:

This particular shit show is just getting off the ground.  

From page one: truer words have seldom been spoken.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:46 AM, SPHASH said:

Beat me to it!

Guess this is the end of this thread. 

Also from page one - you'd think, right?!

I read the whole thread in one hit commuting home from work. It is... still unbelievably bizarre. What the hell were they all smoking? 

• Upvote 5