IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 8: Adventures in Parenting While Possibly Denying Science

Coconut Flan

So let me get this straight:  it’s ok for Brigid, a woman, to open her yap on social media.  It’s also ok for other women to join in as long as they agree with her.  But the second anyone of a female persuasion disagrees with the apparently holier-than-thou Ms. Everson, they need to sit down and shut up like they used to do in the olden days.  
Well, Ms. Everson, I’m glad that you’re happy in your little bubble, having consciously chosen to be dependent on your husband to provide for you and your children.  I hope he stays healthy and able-minded and -bodied enough that he can do so for the next four decades or so, in order to let you stay in said bubble.  My only wish for you is that you could open your eyes enough to see beyond the end of your own damn nose and understand that not everyone is as privileged as you are, but that would require you to leave your bubble now and then, which you clearly don’t want to do, so that hope is futile.  But for someone who had the internet presence that you did at one time, you evidently didn’t learn much about how it works; if you did, you would have been better prepared for some of the negativity you apparently are getting.  People have opinions, and not everyone is going to be polite about them.

It’s ironic, Ms. Everson, that while you continue to make choices for yourself (you chose to marry when you did; you chose to have all those kids and probably still choose to have more; you chose to open a pattern business then chose to shut it down; you continue to choose to come and go on social media)—choices that suit yourself and your own preferences—you still want to deny everyone else the ability to opt for anything at which you’ve decided to turn up your nose.  Your way or the highway, right, my dear?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

So once again, Brigid makes a choice.  She questions her identity and ultimately makes a decision.  And the conclusion she makes for herself must be applied to everyone else.  It annoys me that she hides behind the cop-out of “God never makes mistakes” to justify it.  By that logic, her three miscarriages were pre-determined by God.  Does she believe that, too?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MomKB said:

In this post it sounds like she's LGBTQ in denial. (She explains in a comment that "female gay" is a typo and should be "female gaze")

I saw that when she posted it and found it really strange. almost as though she was experiencing gender dysphoria. 

3 hours ago, catlady said:

the conclusion she makes for herself must be applied to everyone else.

Canʻt imagine that attitude is going to go over well with her doula clients.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Brigid is mad Ohio is regulating doulas. She’s big mad. If you want to look at her Instagram stories, be prepared for an extremely unlikable person. I would never want her as a doula. I wouldn’t even want to sit next to her on a bus. She’s dreadful.