IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 8: Adventures in Parenting While Possibly Denying Science

Coconut Flan

44 minutes ago, catlady said:

Oh, Lotta.....you credit God’s Grace for your stellar life choices; so let me ask:  if left to your own devices, what sort of decisions might you otherwise have made?  
and I hope your “great” decisions include a backup plan in case your husband should ever be rendered unable to work, or you are unable to provide care for your child(ren).  Do you *both* have life insurance?  Do you have the ability to get a job on short notice that will cover all of your expenses?  Can you afford health insurance in the event of a job loss?  Do you have a backup plan for child care?  
I trust your thirteen months of living outside of your parental authority have given you all the insight you need to have achieved such a superior life.  S/

Let’s just all think about Emily Case Brower. She was cheated on and left by her husband when she had two young children and a baby on the way. She’s very lucky her parents support her like a spouse. Otherwise there is no way she could homeschool her daughters. If Charlotte’s husband left her, she would have to go live with her parents like Emily. Because she couldn’t be a stay at home mom with no husband to support her.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Oh, I wish I could go back to 21 when I knew everything. ?

When I knew everything *and* when I was immortal -- it was a great combination!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

When I knew everything *and* when I was immortal -- it was a great combination!

And I looked good. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Lauren of Wearing His Purity used to do this all the time too.  When she was still a teenager.  She would ask us moms and wives if we greeted our husbands all frowny and frazzled or if we made an effort to smell sweet and put on a fresh dress for them.  Meanwhile I'm thinking you've only been married for 3 months and ALIVE for like 180! Oh, she was something else.  

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2

Lotta Bullshit has declared herself to be on an indefinite break from social media. She updated her stories today since "everyone was wondering" where she was. (That she felt the need to do this boggles my mind. We have a whole-ass thread dedicated to Charlotte and her siblings, and even so, nobody here noticed that she was posting less, let alone "taking a break".)

Anyway, she's gotta figure out if God wants her to keep shitposting trump memes and heavily filtered pictures of her feet and white curtains from her bed. The world waits with bated breath to discover her decision.

• Haha 19

Yes, Lotta is one of those people about whom I completely forget until they reappear, and then I think “oh, you were gone?”  Sort of like the coworker you see once a week for fifteen minutes, and you don’t realize they’ve been on vacation until they come back.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica looks radiant. 

Charlotte keeps swinging back and forth between wanting to be a full-blown influencer and wanting her privacy. You can't have both honey. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Jessica looks radiant. 

Charlotte keeps swinging back and forth between wanting to be a full-blown influencer and wanting her privacy. You can't have both honey. 

Jessica looks incredibly happy and healthy. It's refreshing, and I hope she feels as revitalized as she looks in these pics.

I don't think Charlotte's really all that torn. She doesn't want privacy at all. What she wants is a consequence-free, unlimited opinion spewing platform so that she can sit at the top of a sizable pile of perfectly like-minded young women as their leader. The hitch is, that she can't have "unlimited opinion spewing" and "consequence-free" simultaneously. Her petty instagram fiefdom is tiny at this point, and she's got zero clout in the kinds of circles she wants to move in. But she's also lacking in the sort of intellectual and emotional resources necessary to handle basic levels of criticism. Without that, her influence can't expand much beyond what it is now.

Charlotte will end up (in about 10-15 years) terrorizing her way into running a multitude of committees in a baptist church. Until then, she's probably bored and frustrated, and unable to see that it's the fundylite bullshit holding her back, and not iNtErNeT mEaNieS.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Jessica looks incredibly happy and healthy. 

She does! And in shorts and a T-shirt, no less! It seems pretty clear that she didn't share her sisters' passion for vintage modesty and influence blogging. I'm glad she's doing her own thing.

• Upvote 7

On 8/15/2020 at 1:05 PM, Marionette said:

Charlotte must be extremely bored for her to be cloth diapering and potty training her baby/whatever else she’s doing. I guarantee she’ll give up when she has baby #2. She definitely wants to be like all those other mommy influencers she follows and gushes over. 

A lot of “crunchy mamas” seem to be super pretentious and like to brag about how “natural“ they are like their baby is gonna grow up to be some immuno-invincible (I just made that up...) human or something... To the point of mom-shaming moms who use disposable diapers, don’t make their own baby food, and whatever the hell else. You do you, Charlotte. But I’m exhausted.

She comes by it honestly, I’d guess. The church her family went to when she was little was full of crunchy mamas. The one who “won” for crunchiest of all at one get-together (probably a baby shower; as “untouchables”, those were about the only occasions where we were invited to someone’s house), where the hostess humble-bragged about her homemade bread: organic wheat bought from Azure, sprouted, then dried (dehydrated?), then ground into flour and baked into bread. I think she said the sprouted wheat was the only ingredient; so maybe she had made her own sourdough starter by leaving flour-water out to catch wild yeast, to begin with? I don’t remember, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Charlotte’s mom was very likely at that same baby shower and heard that same how-to explanation.

They were big into cloth diapering at that church, too, at that time. And Ezzos. And Richard Fugate. That was before the VF crowd took over the church, though there was a VF and Doug Wilson faction in the church for years before the takeover.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, divadivine said:

I can’t read Jessica‘s first & last name without giggling like a 12 year old. 

I had to say it out loud to my self , before I got what you were referring to .  When you blend the two names together , you wind up saying " Jessica's t*t " .  I suppose that this is true of any woman with this surname , " Stitt" , though .  P.S. If you want more immature laughs , there are videos on YouTube , highlighting names such as this .  For example , here are a few I know of .   

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, divadivine said:

I can’t read Jessica‘s first & last name without giggling like a 12 year old. 

I just hope she put a lot of thought into her son’s name since the last name is so unfortunate. Her husband is Chris Stitt so it blends and sounds like Chris Tit. Therefore any name that ends with S sounds worse. Let’s hope he isn’t Silas Stitt, Tobias Stitt, or Lewis Stitt. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just hope she put a lot of thought into her son’s name since the last name is so unfortunate. Her husband is Chris Stitt so it blends and sounds like Chris Tit. Therefore any name that ends with S sounds worse. Let’s hope he isn’t Silas Stitt, Tobias Stitt, or Lewis Stitt. 

Arguably, a name not ending in S will just sound possessive, e.g. Aidan Stitt sounds like Aidan's Tit. They can't win!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Jessica certainly looks incredible. I’m really happy for her, because she seemed to have a very tough time a few years back. Now it looks like she has a life she loves. 

Charlotte can’t stay away from the internet for too long. She’s reinvented/rebranded herself 5283 times in attempts to maintain an internet presence (Lotta the graphic designer, Lotta the fashionista, Lotta the curly girl, Lotta the snake oil shiller...and now Lotta the SAHM). It did baffle me, though, when she shared some post about protecting your child’s privacy, saying she agreed — even though it had several points she doesn’t even follow. I am all for children’s privacy, and would rather she not plaster her child’s face all over her Instagram, but why even share that? Maybe it had something to do with that #savethechildren trend where fundies are all the sudden concerned about human trafficking so that they can talk about something other than BLM (obviously human trafficking is bad, but I feel like it’s a cop-out on their parts). Otherwise, maybe Charlotte read/shared it, and that’s why she’s “reevaluating” her internet presence for the nth time.

Which version of Charlotte will we see next? Cooking blog? 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, katilac said:

Somebody remind me of who's who and age order, please!

I don't know any of their birthdays, but I'm pretty sure they're all 2 years apart. Charlotte recently acknowledged she's 21, so that would make Brigid 23 and Jessica 25.

• Thank You 2

17 hours ago, Marionette said:

Charlotte can’t stay away from the internet for too long. She’s reinvented/rebranded herself 5283 times in attempts to maintain an internet presence (Lotta the graphic designer, Lotta the fashionista, Lotta the curly girl, Lotta the snake oil shiller...and now Lotta the SAHM). It did baffle me, though, when she shared some post about protecting your child’s privacy, saying she agreed — even though it had several points she doesn’t even follow. I am all for children’s privacy, and would rather she not plaster her child’s face all over her Instagram, but why even share that? Maybe it had something to do with that #savethechildren trend where fundies are all the sudden concerned about human trafficking so that they can talk about something other than BLM (obviously human trafficking is bad, but I feel like it’s a cop-out on their parts). Otherwise, maybe Charlotte read/shared it, and that’s why she’s “reevaluating” her internet presence for the nth time.

Which version of Charlotte will we see next? Cooking blog? 

I can't agree with this enough. (Particularly the performative smokescreen that #savethechildren was a couple of weeks ago.) Charlotte's phases also included the "Vintage Capsule Wardrobe Lotta" nonsense where she donated most of her clothes because #minimalism, spent hundreds of dollars on fabric to recreate random 1950s pattern pieces, then presumably threw it all in a closet and started over, because the next phase was "MLM Colorstory and Accessorizing Lotta". That was when she got sucked into that "Dressing your Truth" nonsense where she learned how to wear the precise scarves and oversized earrings recommended by a retirement age mall fashion guru so that she could express her "unique" sense of style. This was all interlaced with at least 3 failed attempts to revamp the Boyer brand with Jessica, and a weekly wardrobe reinvention that was usually broadcast like breaking news. 

11 hours ago, katilac said:

Somebody remind me of who's who and age order, please!

Jessica (Boyer) Stitt- May 16, 1995 

Brigid (Boyer) Everson -July 21, 1997

Charlotte (Boyer) Brandyberry- June 30, 1999

Very condensed overview:

Formerly a vintage-themed singing trio, the sisters were originally lifestyle and fashion bloggers that abruptly quit blogging and singing around 5 years ago. Around that time, the family moved from the girls' childhood home due to financial hardship after her father lost his job, and both Jessica and Charlotte seemed to clash heavily with their mother (Kathleen) after the move. Brigid didn't move with the rest of the family due to her marriage. All three are now married with children, and seem to be homemakers for the most part. Jessica and Charlotte both have one child each, and Brigid has two. Jessica is the most reclusive of the three, and seems to be much happier now that she's married and out of her parents' home. Prior to the marriage, she was jilted by a suitor after accepting his proposal, only to then watch his best friend marry her younger sister. She suffered from what she called "spiritual attack" for years after the end of the relationship, and blogged honestly about her mental health for a while. Unfortunately, she chose to treat it with prayer and essential oils. Brigid maintains a blog to promote her pattern and sewing business, though she takes frequent breaks due to her growing family's needs. She only posts occasionally, and prefers to keep details about her personal life private. Her husband, Gabe, occasionally pops up here to explain to us how the world works. Charlotte really wants to be a christian mama lifestyle influencer, but she's been thwarted by a general lack of interest from her old Boyers Sisters fanbase, and a loathing of criticism for her patently ignorant posts. She recently flounced from instagram. It could be for any number of reasons, but I choose to believe that it's because nobody responded to her survey asking if anyone wanted to hear her thoughts on cloth diapering. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Most mainstream women her age would be in college figuring out who she is. I don’t think college is the only path. But age 21 is an age where many people are trying to figure out who they are and what they want in their future. It seems to me Char is still trying to figure out who she is even though she’s already been assigned “Christian wife and mother.” I doubt that will be enough for her. Brigid has her sewing outside of being a wife and mother. I just can’t get over how young she is. I can’t imagine pushing my daughters to get married young and start having children before they even know who they are or what they want in life. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Most mainstream women her age would be in college figuring out who she is. I don’t think college is the only path. But age 21 is an age where many people are trying to figure out who they are and what they want in their future. It seems to me Char is still trying to figure out who she is even though she’s already been assigned “Christian wife and mother.” I doubt that will be enough for her. Brigid has her sewing outside of being a wife and mother. I just can’t get over how young she is. I can’t imagine pushing my daughters to get married young and start having children before they even know who they are or what they want in life. 

Unfortunately, this is the entire point of early marriage. Girls yoked to partners young enough that their husbands can "continue forming" them. It's despicable, and the whole thing rests upon the dual edge of patriarchy enforcing hard limitations on opportunities for women, and teenage/young adult girls being assured that once they've formed the idea of becoming a helpmeet, they are now as smart as they'll ever need to be. This gives a little bubble of confidence that helps bolster them into believing that the one option they are offered in life is a choice they intentionally, rationally made. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

• Love 1