IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 3: Working Towards Financial Independence

laPapessaGiovanna

20 hours ago, omilona said:

It's going to be way less funny for Molotov and the Prince formerly known as Harry if the ATM at the Bank of Daddy shuts down. 

This comment is both sexist and nonsense. Also, now that Harry made his own life choices, he’s gotten rid of his name? Really? What you wanted to say was “Harry, formerly known as Prince Harry” I guess, but couldn’t get that straight. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

This comment is both sexist and nonsense. Also, now that Harry made his own life choices, he’s gotten rid of his name? Really? What you wanted to say was “Harry, formerly known as Prince Harry” I guess, but couldn’t get that straight. 

This isn't anything .  You should here the revolting  names she calls other female Royals.  Pretty much calling them  undeserving whores. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You should here the revolting  names she calls other female Royals.  Pretty much calling them  undeserving whores. 

And you know this how? Really. What are the sources for your statement?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

This isn't anything .  You should here the revolting  names she calls other female Royals.  Pretty much calling them  undeserving whores. 

Wow, I didn’t know. Thanks for the info. I don’t expect anyone to like the royals, but we should have a standard that’s a little bit higher than that on here. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

And you know this how? Really. What are the sources for your statement?

Uh, her past posting in the Forum?   All you have to do is look it up.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Uh, her past posting in the Forum?   All you have to do is look it up.  

Sorry -- your initial statement wasn't clear to me. Thought you were referring to Meghan. I see now what you were trying to say.

• Upvote 3

I can’t imagine wanting to move away from Canada and moving to LA during this global pandemic. Canada is at least taking this seriously ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

HELLO! magazine reported that the family arrived in LA by private plane.  I think it was People who said they are in a private compound.

Their move is surprising to absolutely no one. I think their timing is unwise though. IF the story is true - who knows with the tabloids. 

• Upvote 5

I agree that the move was coming. But honestly, I thought they were clever enough to stay in Canada (as they said they would in their statements) for at least 2-3 years. Wow. On the other side- is this confirmed (and not just a DailyFail article?) or might they just be on a longer work trip (you know renting a house for a 3 month work trip)?

I am still a bit confused how the whole move is organised. Will they just live somewhere with work visa? They wanted to divide their time between Canada (or did they say North America- great loophole if so) and the UK. Can they just move to the US, bring their own protection officers (employed by another countries government) and earn money? Will they have to pay taxes? They might be overplaying their hand. Charles wants to become King. He will need enough of the public’s sympathy to get the crown when the time comes. And he is on a disadvantage because of the whole Diana tragedy. Otherwise there will be a republic. He might have to cut them loose and only stay in a private relationship with no money at all funnelled to them. Just imagine questions arrive if the money has been used to finance something that wasn’t well researched and blows up. It can happen. But he will have to account for it and if he cannot prove his money didn’t go there it will be a mess. Parliament might use a change on the throne to introduce tighter reigns on the monarchy anyway. The BRF and money are a hot topic (for centuries) and many feel that they need to be more transparent.

It seems her voice over work for Disney has been confirmed. It’s great if the profit goes to charity. I wouldn’t even fault her if she split it. They have to earn money somehow and Harry’s speaking gig will not be successful for long if he cannot back it up with new projects. Woe is me, my mother died, Sentebale and Invictus are just not cutting it forever in my opinion. And the travel thing will not be good for another 3 months and will probably be met with cynicism. It will fall on Meghan to cash in. I do wonder if she is realising how removed Harry from real life is.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Will they just live somewhere with work visa? They wanted to divide their time between Canada (or did they say North America- great loophole if so) and the UK. Can they just move to the US, bring their own protection officers (employed by another countries government) and earn money? Will they have to pay taxes?

Meghan is a US citizen unless she renounced her citizenship when marrying Harry. I can't remember what she did. If she is still a US citizen, Archie may be one as well, since children born to US citizens abroad can be registered as such, if the parent(s) choose to do so.

What could be interesting is how Harry will be treated. To do any paid work in the US, he would need to get a green card first -- doubt that he already has one. There are other types of visas he could hold that would also allow him to earn money legally in the US but he'll want to be careful not to do a Melania tRump where he's getting $$ without the proper immigration status. 

Assuming Meghan would sponsor him as his spouse, I think he'd have to submit an I-485 application which would presumably be processed in the LA office. For that form, the current wait times are 6.5 to 21 months, though a wealthy Brit might be able to move that up a bit. 582699962_I-485inLA.thumb.png.30cb4241fcdf6efbfb22422bc36280ee.png

Meghan, as a US citizen, would certainly have to pay taxes. So will Harry if he earns any money in the US.

Who knows how they'd work out protection services? 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am still a bit confused how theCan they just move to the US, bring their own protection officers (employed by another countries government) and earn money? Will they have to pay taxes? 

I’m incredibly curious about the taxes, too. Will Harry have to pay UK and US taxes?

LA is probably used to private security teams but, it will be interesting to see if Meghan continues to think that the American tabloids aren’t as cruel as the British tabloids now that she finally has a high enough profile to be noticed by them.

• Upvote 1

It doesn’t surprise me.  The Canadian government has said that they were not paying for security for them after March, which, IMHO makes this a bit of a dickish move. 

Grifting, royalty style. 

• Upvote 8

This doesn't have to do with being Royal. It has to do with being incredibly entitled, defiant, out of touch  and determined to have ones one way.  

IMO Its also manipulative : LA is obscenely expensive. If we can’t make enough to live the way we and support all our whims Daddy’s ATM Will just have to support us till he passes or we just might make money our own way. Our choices might not be nice for the family. 

Plus why are you uprooting your Toddler son and moving him to Corona hotspot right now?  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Plus why are you uprooting your Toddler son and moving him to Corona hotspot right now?  

Better than with grandpa.

• Upvote 4

Yes. Moving him to one of the most infectious states in the country and into a city where literally anyone could get their baby sick Is very smart. He would not be seeing his grandfather soon anyway so your post does not make sense 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

He wouldn’t have been around grandpa much anyway? Firstly, because they all don’t seem to see each other a lot from what I can tell. Secondly, people have been advised to stay away from their older relatives before the lockdown. If anything- young children with a lot composure to other people/children are dangerous because they often spread the virus without symptoms. And this time of year (in Europe) many have a mild cold a lot, so in the beginning it was even harder to realise that something unusual might have bern going on.
Archie is not at high risk - if he doesn’t suffer from conditions we don’t know about. Bringing your child into a illness Hotspot is never a clever idea, but I don’t think he will have more contact to people then in Canada. The problem are the adults, that are out and about and might catch it. 
What I find baffling is the callous way they say one thing and then turn around and do another. But it’s never their fault if people complain or are disappointed and when they criticise it, they are haters. Many many have said from the start that this is what would be happening but were disregarded. This will turn off another load of people that believed in them. I find myself more and more in the camp that cannot support them anymore.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Most people are going to gravitate toward steady dutiful William and Catherine and their small adorable photo ready little family. Quixotic, unreliable unrelatable Harry and Meghan with  their invisible kid  Are losing whatever support they had.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I agree that the move was coming. But honestly, I thought they were clever enough to stay in Canada (as they said they would in their statements) for at least 2-3 years. Wow. On the other side- is this confirmed (and not just a DailyFail article?) or might they just be on a longer work trip (you know renting a house for a 3 month work trip)?

I am still a bit confused how the whole move is organised. Will they just live somewhere with work visa? They wanted to divide their time between Canada (or did they say North America- great loophole if so) and the UK. Can they just move to the US, bring their own protection officers (employed by another countries government) and earn money? Will they have to pay taxes? They might be overplaying their hand. Charles wants to become King. He will need enough of the public’s sympathy to get the crown when the time comes. And he is on a disadvantage because of the whole Diana tragedy. Otherwise there will be a republic. He might have to cut them loose and only stay in a private relationship with no money at all funnelled to them. Just imagine questions arrive if the money has been used to finance something that wasn’t well researched and blows up. It can happen. But he will have to account for it and if he cannot prove his money didn’t go there it will be a mess. Parliament might use a change on the throne to introduce tighter reigns on the monarchy anyway. The BRF and money are a hot topic (for centuries) and many feel that they need to be more transparent.

It seems her voice over work for Disney has been confirmed. It’s great if the profit goes to charity. I wouldn’t even fault her if she split it. They have to earn money somehow and Harry’s speaking gig will not be successful for long if he cannot back it up with new projects. Woe is me, my mother died, Sentebale and Invictus are just not cutting it forever in my opinion. And the travel thing will not be good for another 3 months and will probably be met with cynicism. It will fall on Meghan to cash in. I do wonder if she is realising how removed Harry from real life is.

They definitely said splitting their time between UK and North America. It was a good loophole, but I really thought they’d stay in Canada for at least a year. You’d think during a pandemic they would have stayed put. I agree the move was inevitable, I’m just genuinely surprised by the timing. Although if they self isolate I guess it doesn’t matter. And it’s genuine - People has had several articles about it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

You’d think during a pandemic they would have stayed put. I agree the move was inevitable, I’m just genuinely surprised by the timing. 

This is really bothering me. Why are they, and presumably the large amount of staff and security they employ, moving during a goddamn worldwide pandemic? There's no way they aren't forcing people to interact face to face unnecessarily. They didn't "need to get out." They have plenty of money and no real jobs, and could have waited this out in a Canadian penthouse nicer than anything most of us will ever live in. 

They just keep coming off as so tone deaf. Most average Americans and Canadians have been self-isolated at home for many days now, missing friends and family and often having to cancel important events. The less lucky among us are worried about paying bills now that they're out of work, or else are declared essential and forced to put their health at risk every day by interacting with a very stressed public. 

And these two are making yet another foreign move. For funsies. Their comments about wanting to be near their PR team, agents, and friends also shows how much they're not getting this, or at least what the rest of us are currently experiencing. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

@nausicaa right. That move made things worse. Everyone is advised to social distances themselves. Hello working and meeting digitally. If millions of people can do that, I don’t understand how they cannot do the same from Canada? Why not move after the pandemic is somewhat under control. I am very intrigued, if the BRF /Charles was in on this plan. They could very well be, but I do wonder. And yes, if Daddy pays the bills- I think he has a right to know what he is paying for, so he can decide to stop paying the bill. We have a saying here- who pays, purchases (don’t know if that’s an accurate translation).

Another thought: Harry and Meghan concentrated a lot on racism she had to face but they missed that actually a lot of the prejudices came from her being an US-American celebrity. Anti-Americanism has become pretty standard since the last Iraq war and celebrities are seen as not relatable, mercenary, to fond of themselves and sometimes pretty desperate to stay in the lime light in general. Sure you can notice talent but even the big names are seen as removed from reality. They ignored those issues and wrote those off as racism and sexism. Of course this happened but they mixed and simplified things in a way that will come back and hit them now. Moving to LA and her going back to her old business will confirm some of those prejudices. The BRF is not a bunch of celebrity humanitarians. We have those, we don’t need royals to fill in. Going in that direction will make them unnecessary. Their whole right to exist as royals is to sell an image filled up with vague ideas of tradition, dignity and national pride. Breaking out from this is never an option because it makes the royal factor obsolete. If celebrity humanitarian is what Harry and Meghan are going for they should do it in a private capacity.

I am very intrigued what one of my royal blogs is going to write about it. She is a big supporter and glosses a lot over not ideal issues. But I noticed a swing in the comment section lately and it will be interesting how she thinks about it.

Edited by just_ordinary
Checked the two articles and had to correct my post
  • Upvote 10

Frowning at this one because I’m seeing some of the Hollywood crowd actually remain in Canada because they were there working when sets shut down,  they didn’t high tail it back to LA.  They’ve remained in place because that is what is safe and responsible.  

• Upvote 11

Had I a choice like that, I would definitely have stayed in Canada. 

As I've said before, H & M are clueless, entitled brats AND M has faced relentless racism in the UK. Both things can be true at the same time.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

Guess this settles the question on paying for security in the US!

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic