IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 3: Working Towards Financial Independence

laPapessaGiovanna

On a different note- this pandemic couldn’t come at a worse time for them. Whatever they had planned in terms of engagements and the included travel is probably stopped. On the other hand, this break might give them the opportunity to rethink/plan their next steps. It puts a stop to the treadmill. No one expects them to deliver right now and I believe this will benefit them in terms of coming back with well thought out and coherent actions and a more professional and successful communication of said plans (because that’s was definitely lacking before).  But I suspect it will hurt them in terms of keeping the public interest a lot.

Another thing that highly annoys me, is that people still cannot discuss their actions separately from the BRF. I would have thought that their fans, that claim to be so very disappointed in the BRF, would make a point in supporting Meghan and Harry. But instead they are still harping on about the BRF. I hope they all succeed in their chosen role but I will point out what I think is shady/incoherent/could be done better in my opinion. No one of them is without faults and missteps (Kate is only portrayed as such since after the wedding of H&M). But so many are rigid and opinions are very polarised, it’s hard to find a middle ground in the comment section. I can only imagine all actually involved parties are mortified about what their respective fans are writing about their family members. I believe they will all make up as far as family relationships go eventually. Sometimes families need a bit of space to rekindle. There is absolutely no point in vilifying people when we have no real clue what happened behind the scenes. Neither the BRF nor Harry and Meghan came out publicly with accusations against each other. I have no idea who comes up with some of the ridiculous rumours (Meghan making Kate cry, Meghan having a fling for Wiliam, Wiliam placing the cheating rumour as test....). And all those secret palace sources. Either you believe them all, which brings a pretty inconsistent picture or non. Cherry picking is not bringing the truth.

Sorry for the rant...

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But I suspect it will hurt them in terms of keeping the public interest a lot.

I actually think it will benefit them quite a bit if they disappear for a few months. People will begin buzzing about them, and then when they do eventually re-emerge, I think people will be interested in seeing them, especially if they bring out Archie. I predict we won't see them again until Trooping of the Colour, and I think they, along with Archie, will steal the entire show. (If it happens at this point in time)

• Upvote 5

In the midst of all the fear and grief in the world at the moment, the UK Daily Mail still found time yesterday to have an article on the front page of their website talking about how Megan was obsessive about cleaning (in the wake of COVID-19) and insisting on rigid protocols being followed by the staff.

Errr......good? We all should be; it's a bloody global pandemic, right?

(Needless to say, the tone of the headline was neither supportive or approving of Meghan's actions. I can't speak about the content of the article as I didn't click on it)

• Upvote 6

I loved the Order of Splendor blog, and was sad when she stopped blogging.  She covered all the royals so very well; I keep hoping she will come back.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Yes. The Order of Sartorial Splendor mistress  always had a good sense of humor about Royal fashion foibles, quirks and when someone or something was a hot mess. No one was ever above side eye or fair criticism like on Royal Forums. I too miss the site.

On 3/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, just_ordinary said:

@Beermeet

Most of it stems from this blog:

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/?m=1

the author stopped blogging there but still covers the Queen’s jewel outings (the other blog can be find through the linked one). It gives a fantastic overview of the vaults of several European monarchies and appearances. At point there was was massive poll with the readers to pick the most popular tiara in different categories. It was very informative and so much fun.

I went over and checked that site because I have always been interested some of the royal tiaras.  Seems to be a treasure trove of information!   One of the these afternoons, I will have a good read even if, sadly, the author is no longer blogging.  

• Upvote 4

The sussexroyal IG, just read the comments.  Ooof.  

10 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

The sussexroyal IG, just read the comments.  Ooof.  

Someone asked why all the negative comments were removed. There are a few left and I agree, ooof.

• Upvote 1

Wow......I don’t think their post went over very well, lol. Doesn’t say much for the future of their “brand” does it. 

• Upvote 3

I was looking at the last 3 posts.  Tons of negative.  Doesn't look good for them moving forward.  

Neither of them are the least bit relatable To workaday people and when they try it sounds patronizing, a bit silly and out of touch. I know Harry really really wants to be just one of guys   but  it’s not natural to him and never works out well. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Neither of them are the least bit relatable To workaday people and when they try it sounds patronizing, a bit silly and out of touch. I know Harry really really wants to be just one of guys   but  it’s not natural to him and never works out well. 

On Twitter,  Harry posted a video.  I think this link will work....

Yay, I did it!  I don't Twitter :)

I don’t know why, but I do hate the way they phrase things. I am not against pathos but theirs always sound a bit too artificial/unreal/condescending? I don’t know. Take their first post. A true Testament to human spirit? I get the sentiment but the wording throws me off. And the paragraph of posting true and accurate information etc. just rubs me the wrong way. We do have very professional and renowned news agencies. We don’t have to repost this on a celebrity account. Please just link to the accurate sources. But that might be my personal problem and I hate all the celebrity who use the crisis to educate aka stay in the public eye. 
I liked the simplicity of the Mother’s Day Post but a selection of pictures (Meghsn-Archie, Meghan-Doria, Harry-Diana) would have been nice. Nevertheless it was nice and different. But it also makes me think they try a shift from a European/UK to a more US based audience. I bet there will be a picture based post on US Mother’s Day. Which might be smart, because I predict that’s were their future lies. There is no way back.

On another note: I wish Wiliam would address his stupid corona joke. It was stupid at the time (and yes, I expect a future king to be better educated- the experts were already talking about the seriousness for weeks and no, politicians and others being ignorant is no excuse) and it’s even more now. Just a passing sentence at the last engagement would have been enough. Being humble and able to correct mistakes is never a bad idea. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

On another note: I wish Wiliam would address his stupid corona joke. It was stupid at the time (and yes, I expect a future king to be better educated- the experts were already talking about the seriousness for weeks and no, politicians and others being ignorant is no excuse) and it’s even more now. Just a passing sentence at the last engagement would have been enough. Being humble and able to correct mistakes is never a bad idea. 

What was the joke?

Oh, and I saw a post on reddit this morning (corona virus thread) that one of the Queen's aides has tested positive, but I didn't read the article and don't know if it's true.  Just mentioning it for those of you interested.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I bet there will be a picture based post on US Mother’s Day. Which might be smart, because I predict that’s were their future lies. There is no way back.

There will definitely be a post on Mother’s Day in May. Meghan is American so it makes complete sense. They did it last year.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

But that might be my personal problem and I hate all the celebrity who use the crisis to educate aka stay in the public eye. 

I've been finding that more disturbing than usual this time.  Most of them end up sounding condescending to me.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 3/23/2020 at 4:31 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What was the joke?

Oh, and I saw a post on reddit this morning (corona virus thread) that one of the Queen's aides has tested positive, but I didn't read the article and don't know if it's true.  Just mentioning it for those of you interested.

It was part of the Northern Ireland Hello coverage for example. But as it was also cited by other reputable sources I believe it’s exactly what he said:

Spoiler

0F5A4D3A-1C1E-4AA5-968C-228A7855F7E2.jpeg.77cf2b276df47bb3153c6e7bccba0887.jpeg

Experts were already publicly talking about the effects in Europe. It was a stupid and cringy statement. And yes, making mistakes and misreading situations is only human but it would have been nice to acknowledge it. I guess they will be very successful with ignoring it forever though, it has been an almost unfailing strategy for the British monarchy. Diana’s death was the only time it didn’t work- and I still wish they wouldn’t have given in to a hysteric mob. They should have protected her sons and held them out of the public eye. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Diana’s death was the only time it didn’t work- and I still wish they wouldn’t have given in to a hysteric mob. They should have protected her sons and held them out of the public eye. 

I still don’t understand how the RF could do what they did to these two boys. And in the 90s at that!! Psychology wasn’t a novel concept, it was a known and studied scientific field. How anyone can drag out two children and parade them around for the entire world to watch after their mother passed so suddenly is beyond me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

It's going to be way less funny for Molotov and the Prince formerly known as Harry if the ATM at the Bank of Daddy shuts down. The Duchy of Cornwall exists solely to fund the heir to the throne and his wife and children. Right now, Harry can fall within those parameters. The second Charles dies or ascends, then the Duchy is solely to benefit William and HIS wife and children. Given William's body language this last weekend, I don't think he's inclined to fund Molotov and Harry's insanity. I think it's going to be a case of, Harry you can come home  to live quietly and bring Merchie, but that woman is out the door.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 3

55 minutes ago, omilona said:

It's going to be way less funny for Molotov and the Prince formerly known as Harry if the ATM at the Bank of Daddy shuts down. The Duchy of Cornwall exists solely to fund the heir to the throne and his wife and children. Right now, Harry can fall within those parameters. The second Charles dies or ascends, then the Duchy is solely to benefit William and HIS wife and children. Given William's body language this last weekend, I don't think he's inclined to fund Molotov and Harry's insanity. I think it's going to be a case of, Harry you can come home  to live quietly and bring Merchie, but that woman is out the door.

Wow.  Did Meghan key your car or something?

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Harry and Meghan would probably be supported through the Dutchy of Lancaster.  But it’s not as if they do not have millions of smart investments. Charles could easily give them one or two fonds and they are settled for life even with their standard of living. 

If he (or another family member) decides to support them privately that should be absolutely fine. Since when do we have a right to decide what people are allowed to do with their money (as long as it isn’t illegal)? Being supported through funds that are tied to their roles as royal family can be seen as different. They are not completely out of the picture yet, but even if, it is a bit of a grey area because he will ever be the son of Charles. 
And why are people so desperate for Harry to come back? He is the most to blame in my opinion but apart from that, people seem to forget that his military, fun, charming personality thing has only been going on for like 7 years? It’s a big PR project and I don’t doubt there wouldn’t have been another „incident“.

But being sponsored by Charles is definitely something I expect them to get rid off. Because their claims of financial independence and such don’t mix well with this. Either work or live inside your means but I am definitely not impressed and wouldn’t give money to them while they still live on his fathers paycheck. The Sussexes own millions. It’s ridiculous and pathetic to not pay your own bills. I wouldn’t give money to someone that isn’t able to budget their own life.

In my opinion there is no way back. The public won’t miss them (which would be true for everyone that would stop), they will protest to take more people on again. The BRF has to shrink their numbers. It inevitably. They will just have to shrink them faster. Apart from that: they left so very convinced of themselves, they will always look as if they couldn’t make it. I believe the 12 month period is a window the BRF left open for them but in the end they will decide what ensures the survival of the monarchy (the family doors will probably be open for as long as it takes). My guess is they will never return. If they are holding onto their titles I think it will be a sign that this may not be completely up their alley. Why hold onto it if you think the system that gave it to you held you back? Right now they have no real profile outside the royal fairytale but they should work towards being truly independent and just give up titles and step out of the line of succession. That would be a strong sign of two adults, standing on their own feet and ready to build their own thing. My feeling: Meghan can make it if she wants but Harry has no clue how not to be PRINCE Harry. I am not sure he can define himself outside this title. Obviously, as I don’t know them I might be completely wrong.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6

The Daily Fail is reporting H & M moved to CA just before the borders locked down:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have left Canada for good to set up a permanent home in to California, according to reports.

The couple are said to have flown to the United States by private jet before Donald Trump closed the border.   

A source told The Sun: 'The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.'

Harry and Meghan are said to want to be close to 'their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs'. The source added: 'Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria.'

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

Ahh.Now will come scores of Film and TV and interview offers she probably could never Have dreamed of in her pre Royal days. 

Well played Meghan. Well  played. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic