IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 3: Working Towards Financial Independence

laPapessaGiovanna

39 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Guess this settles the question on paying for security in the US!

Well that’s the first thing he’s ever said that I agreed with.

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 9

I’m not surprised; I figured they would just rename their account. I doubt they’ll be gone for long. 

• Upvote 2

According to the CBC, moving to LA was always the "master plan" for H & M:

"They were always heading to L.A. That was the master plan," Katie Nicholl, Vanity Fair's royal correspondent, said via email.

But as with so much else in the world right now, the coronavirus pandemic may have prompted a change in their plans, and moved up the timing of their departure from Vancouver Island, where they had been living with their young son, Archie, since November.

"I think with North America shutting down because of COVID, they decided to move to California sooner," said Nicholl.

"Meghan wants to be near her mum [who lives in Los Angeles], which is understandable at this time, and they clearly have projects in the pipeline and wanted to get to L.A. as quickly as possible."

On 3/30/2020 at 10:28 PM, WiseGirl said:

I hope that they give the handle back to it's original owner: A man in Sussex who was a Reading FC fan (which are nicknamed the royals)... they took it off of him! 

• Upvote 7

They are about as slick and subtle as brick to the head . Everyone could tell they were not going to stay in a Canada for long and they would move back to LA so she could be a “Star” With her new clout.  

Their new foundation name is Archewell. It has a backstory and served as the inspiration for Archie’s name~

The backpedaling from these two is unreal. 

• Upvote 8

I think the timing of their announcement is really unfortunate - perhaps they didn't mean to do it in an attention-seeking way but that's inevitably how it's come across. They should have had the sense to realise that this is not a time to announce anything that sounds like "Me!! Me!! Look at me!! Be interested in me and my plans!!!"

• Upvote 11

They just do.They they don’t think. Other people’s engagements/weddings, Pandemics , press releases. That’s why people are getting over them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They just do.They they don’t think. Other people’s engagements/weddings, Pandemics , press releases. That’s why people are getting over them. 

I’m even over them and I was rooting for them pretty hard. 

They just never seem to learn. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I honestly think Meghan didn't realise the differance between celebrity and royalty.There are standards to uphold as a royal. Maybe I'm wrong... just my 2c

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Could be but I tend think more a combination willful blindness, unrealistic expectations, a little arrogance about her popularity, Harry being besotted and Failing or being afraid to explain all the hard truths she should and/or would have been prepared for. 

Perhaps She saw ball gowns and antique jewels and foreign tours while being a Adored modern people’s Princess at the same time. In Reality a day to day schedule of visiting small charities and country towns and local businesses with little or no press coverage and knowing without your husband present with you you rank below teen and preschool girls on the royal pecking order.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, adidas said:

?

TLDR: They didn’t register their Archewell foundation as a domain name, so someone else snapped it up and made their website redirect to ‘Gold digger’ by Kanye.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/harry-and-meghans-website-gaffe-as-they-launch-new-foundation/news-story/979454e22bff36827e27fa9e567a4bdf

Gross. There is so much to criticize them for that people don’t need to stoop to sexist remarks. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I think they are floundering a bit, and really quite tone deaf, but I still don’t get and don’t like the Meghan hate.  I’m not saying she is an amazing person, and absolutely they have made mishaps, as a couple.  It is possible to not like them all that much, and still stand up against the sexist and racist crap Meghan gets.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Again the story goes, they had to announce earlier than they wanted because some tabloid was about report on half truths. Oh come on. You get criticised either way. The story of them registering trademarks on this and that item under this and that name wouldn’t have made them look worse as some people already like to see them. Just IGNORE it. Stick to your plan. Set something up and when you are finished, announce it. Now, again we have a situation of loose ends. Mere days after they said, they would concentrate on their family and take their time to think things through to come back with something well planned. Maybe don’t register trademarks - which is how all this was found out- before you got the domains you want.

Staying quiet can be a powerful tool. I do wonder at this point if they either jump at any possibility of publicity or if they actually set things up so they can put the focus on them while also looking like victims. 

Apart from this: poor Archie. People already assume he will somehow continue his parents humanitarian ways. Saying how smart the name is- „he can just take it over“. Talking about some serious pressure on a not even one year old here. I hope he has the freedom to do so or become a greedy asshole philanthropist if that is what he wishes. But what I find truly appalling is that some crazy fans set up #ArchieDay. While I do like the idea behind it- using his name is completely overstepping the line in my opinion. That’s pretty intrusive and if I were Harry and Meghan I would be proud to motivate people to help but also terrified that they feel it’s ok to use my child’s name. Some people just don’t know boundaries.

I am also very interested in how they will remark his first birthday. Obviously there is no obligation to remark it publicly at all. But will the go a more private route- publishing a photo/photo with a few nice lines or will we actually see a magazine spread? If so, I do hope the money will be put in a trust for Archie. Because he would be the one who earned it. If they need money or want to give to charity than they need to earn it themselves.

• Upvote 4

I would be very surprised if they did anything as public like a photo shoot. That’s something that Harry should have grown up hating~ 

6 hours ago, viii said:

Gross. There is so much to criticize them for that people don’t need to stoop to sexist remarks. 

Definitely.

But on the other hand - they are not new to this. For people who are so concerned with their privacy and safety, you would think they’d be a little more savvy with protecting the things they say are so important to them.

• Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, adidas said:

Definitely.

But on the other hand - they are not new to this. For people who are so concerned with their privacy and safety, you would think they’d be a little more savvy with protecting the things they say are so important to them.

False. No buts. You should have ended after you said definitely. There’s no excuse for misogynistic comments/articles/etc anymore. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 4/11/2020 at 8:36 PM, adidas said:

Definitely.

They don't seem to think anything through or do any actual research before they fire off whatever bomb.  I wonder if Molotov Mayhem actually knows that it has been the settled law sine the time of King George I, that the monarch has legal custody of all minor aged members of the BRF. So, no payday for 'giving him up' and certainly no child support. Not sure their Brain Trust got that far.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Edited - I don’t want people to misunderstand my thoughts, so I’ll post later when I have more time to give to my response ?

Edited by adidas

1 hour ago, omilona said:

They don't seem to think anything through or do any actual research before they fire off whatever bomb.  I wonder if Molotov Mayhem actually knows that it has been the settled law sine the time of King George I, that the monarch has legal custody of all minor aged members of the BRF. So, no payday for 'giving him up' and certainly no child support. Not sure their Brain Trust got that far.

It seems like the law is up to interpretation, with most agreeing the Queen would never actually pull rank and take custody. 
This article states she has no legal right to Archie at all: https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-does-not-have-legal-custody-over-great-grandchildren/%3famp=true

This article shows the ambiguity of the law: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latintimes.com/does-queen-elizabeth-really-have-legal-custody-kate-and-meghans-children-expert-442162%3famp=1

I think this was already discussed on this thread.

• Upvote 5

I suspect It would take Royal parents getting way off the  rails and actually endangering the child by their actions to make such a law still viable and give her a reason to act. And then it would Have to be a child that’s really up there the Cambridge children. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic