IGNORED

Duggars in 10 - 20 Years

raspberrymint

On 12/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, indianabones said:

Someone did predict that Josh would cheat on Anna! ?

That was me! ?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 4

On 12/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I have the sense that Josh & Anna will take over the TTH. JB & Michelle will eventually become the Grandma & Grandpa Duggars & move into whatever room was designated for such things.

They can live in the room over the garage.   Michelle will still be "joyfully available' but pained that she hasn't had any more kids.   

They will have name tags on all the grands and a spread sheet to help them remember who belongs to who.   

Jana will be babysitting while Jill goes to help out whoever is dropping a kid.   

On 12/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who would play them?

If this were the early 80's I'd say Kim Richards and Phillip McKeon.

Yes, I'm 100.

.... and for some reason, reading this made me picture in my head...

Jo and Toot(s)ie from The Facts of Life.  I can't remember that name to save my life, and now I'm so second guessing myself....  but yeah.  Them... probably Not-Jo as Derrick, and Jo as Jill, bc J.

I'm so pissed off at the way the Duggars have lived their lives (yes, all of them, though of course I don't blame the minor children), and so aghast at the degree of success they have achieved, that I have only fears about their future:

In ten years they will still be on tv, still cranking out babies for the camera, and starting to market the granddaughters for next-generation marriages.

They will continue to be financially very successful. This is due to three factors: the large sums of money they've made by selling the family on tv for two decades or more, savvy real estate investments by Jim-Boob, and maybe a little tax fraud or money laundering on the side.

Most of the women will be pregnant or breastfeeding, and raising alarmingly large numbers of children. Most of the men will be doing very little visible work, including Jeremy, Ben, Dwreck, Josiah, Josh, JD, Jed, and Jason.

Jim-boob and MEEchelle will continue to congratulate themselves on their large numbers of grandchildren, and the children will continue to introduce themselves by their birth order ("I'm number 15!").

Almost all of them will continue to engage in proselytizing for their misogynist, heterosexist religion, including anti-abortion propaganda. They will deny the existence of climate change even as the changes rock their own little patches of the USA. Most of them will be publicly supporting extreme right-wing politicians.

Most of them will continue to enjoy a degree of comfort, even luxury, that the vast majority of people on this planet will never have. And most of them will continue to be extremely wasteful, will fail to recycle, and will believe they have a god-given right to fill landfills with their garbage.

Unfathomably (to me) large numbers of people will continue to adore them, praise them, and defend them.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@GutenbergGirl,  Nancy McKeon played Jo Polniaczek and Kim Fields was Dorothy "Tootie" Ramsey.  Tootsie was the film that came out in the early '80s where Dustin Hoffman dressed in drag to get a part on a soap opera.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Josh and Anna - Lay low at the TTH 

Jana - Strikes out on her own and owns a small business that her brothers help with from time to time.

John and Abbie - A few kids, go through legal channels and helps with disaster relief.

Jill and Derick - Jill becomes a birth coach / aid... Derick still cant keep his mouth shut. 

Jessa and Ben - Jessa actually becomes a hair dresser and Ben becomes a coach of some sort, Go more mainstream southern baptist. 

Jinger and Jeremy - Only have Felicity, Jinger tries to be the Cool mom and hang out with Felicitys friends.

Joseph and Kendra - Happy doing their own thing away from the cameras. 

Josiah and Lauren  - Lauren tries to be the Fundy Kim Kardashian.... Josiah just runs with it. 

Joy and Austin - Create their own family camp and enjoy running it. 

Jed - Keeps trying and failing politics 

Jeremiah- ?

Jason - Helps Jana out 

James - Ciollege/ Helps Jana out 

Jackson - Goes to College, helps Johannah and Jennifer out from time to time. 

Johannah - Escapes with Jennifer and does a tell all style show like Leah Remini at some point

Jennifer - See above 

Jordyn - Goes to college 

Josie - Does everything to please her parents and be the golden child

• Upvote 4

JB&M - still at TTH, constantly surrounded by small children whose faces they recognize but only occasionally correctly guess the names of. 

Josh/Anna - 10 kids, and quiver is full (6 boys/4 girls is my guess). Josh is still an unhealthy douchebag, Anna still trying too hard to make the impossible happen. 

Jana - married, 4 kids. lives in a small house near the TTH, where she still supervises a hoard of GrandDuggs running through her garden. 

JD/AG - 5 kids. pregnancy #2 was much easier, but pregnancy #3 was twins that brought back the HG and took a huge toll on Abbie so there's a big gap between the twins and the youngest. He's still a pilot, she's still a nurse. 

Dills - Jill gets pregnant during Derick's 3L year and finally has a successful VBAC with a girl (i just want her to be happy ok? lol..). Derick and his law degree continue to be completely insufferable, and if Jill didn't love pregnancies and births so much she would have no reason to see anyone besides her buddy team. 

Benessa - 9 kids, including a set of twins, and their quiver isn't quite full yet. They finally moved to a bigger JB-supplied house when Ben finished school. Ben now works as a youth pastor. 

JinJer - still think they're hot shit for living in Los Angeles, still trying to be influencers on whatever the social media platform of the era will be. 3 kids, and done. 

Joe/Kendra - as cheerful and fundie as ever. 6 kids, 3-4 more to come. will inherit TTH later in life. 

Si/Lauren - miserably married, both *still* trying too damn hard. they have 5 earthly children + their ne'er forgotten heavenly Asa. 

Joy/Austin - still living in the house they just now bought, except with 5 kids and one on the way. Austin still doing shady house-flipping, while Joy can frequently be found running around Fort Rock trying to work with a small child (or few...) attached to her. 

Jed - marries a college student he meets while making his first political campaign (aka soon lmao). He fails this round, but does have one successful campaign a few years down the line before losing his seat in the AR House. Unfortunately good ol' Champion Motorcars was shut down for tax fraud, but luckily JB pays him to work for one of the zillion other Duggar ventures so he doesn't ever actually have to be humbled into relying on wifey's income as a schoolteacher to support their 4 young kids. 

Jer - Jed/Jason/James/Jana are married and the Duggs are in another wedding drought when Jer meets and courts his wifey. Now they're happily married with a toddler and #2 on the way. 

Jason - works with Austin. married, 4 kids, more to come. 

James - married to Lauren Caldwell. 4 kids, will have 3-4 more. I have no idea how they sustain themselves. 

Justin - working as a mechanic, married to the daughter of the man who owns the auto shop he's at. Set up to inherit the business. 2 kids, will have 2 more. 

Jackson - in a relationship (courting? engaged?) with a nice, kind-of-generic, maybe Kendra-ish young lady. Jackson is one whom I feel like had a bright personality as a kid and is just now being forced to squash it in favor of manly work with the older Howlers, so we'll see how that turns out. 

Hannie - decided to go to cosmetology school (they've said Hannie is a take-charge type right? lol). Now married, pregnant or maybe with 1 baby. This could go the Josie Bates Balka route, perhaps. 

Jenni - single, still in touch with Jill. Went to a Christian college with the encouragement of the Dills, where her parents hoped she'd meet a nice boy and pick up that MRS degree, but turns out Jenni actually loves it and is studying science education.

Jordyn - in a courtship (or maybe engaged) with a boy her parents *encouraged* her to get-to-know, whose fam have been Duggar-adjacent for years. She's going along with it. Luckily, he's completely head over heels for her, so maybe this will eventually be her way "out".

Josie - I agree that she'll be at home, unmarried, at age 20 with outsiders in aghast speculation that she's being FORCED to stay at home as Michelle's golden baby forever. However I also think golden-child rebellion could come true, sort of ala Susanna Keller, where all of a sudden Josie announces she has a secret lover. This is beyond 10 years, but I do worry (and I wouldn't wish this on anyone of course...) that Josie may struggle with infertility in the future, as a long-term complication of her own prematurity. 

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, indianabones said:

Found it!

It's more wishful thinking than realistic predictions, looking back. Lots of people hoping that Josiah would come out and do something fabulous, and that all the daughters would run away from home. Most people thought Jill would be in Jana's place and never get married.

A lot of posters assumed the show would be cancelled by 2012! One person disagreed, saying "Ratings will stall for the next season or two and then there will be a flurry of weddings..." which was pretty on the nose for 2011.

Someone did predict that Josh would cheat on Anna! ?

A bunch of people did predict that John David would become a pilot (did you know he's a pilot?)

As Nurie Rod would say... woooOoooOW thainkkkkk yewwwww!

I liked how very first poster got two things right - Jinger moves to California (wrong city though).  And Josh gets massively obese. 

Most of The predictions were bizarre... they reminded me of Hallmark movie plots.   Bananacat was closest i think - basically all stay in with variations of fundie lightness.

• Upvote 3

On 12/31/2019 at 11:15 AM, adidas said:

Realistically, McKynzee will be married with at least one child in 10 years :( 

I have hopes that, like her mother, Mackynzie will be at least 20 before she marries. Anna wanted to wait until she was 20 so I am optimistic that she will encourage her daughter to do the same. The “grand-Duggar’s “ may, as a generation, opt for slightly later marriage. This may be a trend in the future. Here’s hoping!

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Angelface said:

I have hopes that, like her mother, Mackynzie will be at least 20 before she marries. Anna wanted to wait until she was 20 so I am optimistic that she will encourage her daughter to do the same. The “grand-Duggar’s “ may, as a generation, opt for slightly later marriage. This may be a trend in the future. Here’s hoping!

20 is still way too young, IMO.  Thanks to science we now know our brains are still cooking in serious development until about 25.

Not to mention, whatever age, the example Anna has set for her children regarding marriage is so dysfunctional they would have to break out and develop critical thinking before having a shot at a healthy relationship.  "Dad is a child molester and Mom stayed with him and had more kids" is a hell of a thing to overcome mentally.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

20 is young. Think of the fundie families where most of their children didn’t get married at ages 18-21. They don’t have as many grandkids as you would expect from quiverful fundie families. I’m thinking of families like the Keilins, Wissmanns, and Staddons. The later they are to get married, the better.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 3

It is kind of scary that we consider being 21 at marriage as 'waiting a bit longer'.

That is still 10 years younger than the average age for women here in the Netherlands. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Just wondering, since age is brought up on this topic a lot and with a great deal of accuracy, do a lot of fundies consider freezing your eggs or adopting as not Biblical?  

I know there was an evangelical push towards adopting as Christian ministry, but I hardly ever see it actually happening in families like the Duggars (though I do know about infamous cases and I've known horrible evangelical adoptive/foster parents in my childhood, but they weren't fundie). 

There are ways to still have a large family if you don't naturally conceive young, but they seem implied off the table.  Freezing your eggs isn't losing embryos, but I know a lot of fundies including Catholic fundamentalists consider all fertility treatments outside of God's will, if I'm understanding that correctly.  

• Upvote 1

Gothard did not approve of adoption, something with sins of the father. Jessa did talk about it and Kelly Jo Bates has adopted siblings but I do think a lot of fundies do not want to go there for that reason.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Gothard did not approve of adoption, something with sins of the father. Jessa did talk about it and Kelly Jo Bates has adopted siblings but I do think a lot of fundies do not want to go there for that reason.

Didn 't the duggars have one of their famous "dinner parties" with this giant family of child collectors--huge amount of kids and they were different ethnicities.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kelly raised some type of Baptist as her childhood would have been before Gothard was a thing?  

And I really need one of these people to explain to me how what I bolded dovetails with being prolife?  So you have to carry to term no matter what, even if born to sinners out of wedlock...but these children should be denied what they think is the only proper upbringing in what they think are the only Godly families because of the sins of their parents.

Forget everything else, that brain teaser alone brings down their entire house of cards and proves complete lack of logic and critical thought.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Kelly was raised Southern Baptist although there were and still are different flavors of Southern Baptist.  Both she and Gil went to Anderson (SC) College which was a Southern Baptist junior college when they attended and then transferred to Lees-Macrae, a Southern Baptist 4 year school in Tennessee.  My parents went to a more progressive SBC when I was little.  The pastor actually wrote a letter to the Baptist Courier about the importance of racial justice back in the 60s.  He left our congregation to teach at Anderson so at least they had one progressive teacher there.  As for my folks, they both progressed out of the SBC altogether and into the UMC.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 1/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not to mention, whatever age, the example Anna has set for her children regarding marriage is so dysfunctional they would have to break out and develop critical thinking before having a shot at a healthy relationship.  "Dad is a child molester and Mom stayed with him and had more kids" is a hell of a thing to overcome mentally.

I wonder if other fundie families will tend to avoid having Anna and Josh as in-laws.  Imagine being a young, chaste man being "interviewed" by Josh to make sure he'd be a fit spouse for one of the M'girls...

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if other fundie families will tend to avoid having Anna and Josh as in-laws.  Imagine being a young, chaste man being "interviewed" by Josh to make sure he'd be a fit spouse for one of the M'girls...

Sadly as long as the money is there, there will be takers.  I think the only thing that will affect the girls getting married is if the money dries up (and/or JB and Josh are in jail.)  A young man would have to be crazy to take on the responsibility of financially providing for a wife, quiver, and Anna and however many kids are left at home.  

• Upvote 7

I'm just going to do one prediction:

Jana will conveniently get engaged right as the show is drying up. Everyone including FJ will be very interested in her wedding and newlywed life. She and her husband will announce a pregnancy 6-10 months post-wedding. She will be a fundie mother cliche, have 4 children, and disappoint everyone by not writing the tell-all book she is most suited for. THEN, once its apparent Jana will not break-free, the show will finally die. There will be one last remaining gasp of interest in the Duggars when Josie gets married (televised special), but other than that, marriage and baby announcements will be a TMZ side-story taking up a quarter-page at most. Jim-Bob will appeal for one "where are they now?" special that fails to revive the family brand. He never gets to 200 grandchildren. 

(I like many of you also hope Jennifer/Jordyn break free, together, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, GutenbergGirl said:

.... and for some reason, reading this made me picture in my head...

Jo and Toot(s)ie from The Facts of Life.  I can't remember that name to save my life, and now I'm so second guessing myself....  but yeah.  Them... probably Not-Jo as Derrick, and Jo as Jill, bc J.

Tootie.  :) 

• Upvote 1

If we had asked 10-20 years ago what they would be doing today, I would not have been hopeful it was something besides this. It’s infuriating and hypocritical but true to form.

6bc000f6f97a48af2ed38b625caaba1f.jpg

• Upvote 1

6First of all, I don't see the show ending anytime soon unless there's another major scandal.  I think the focus of the show will gradually shift to the younger girls, and that will keep the show going for at least 10 years.  The older girls is what kept 19KAC going.

I'm not going to make predictions for everyone, just these couples.  They seem to have have actual jobs/skills that will make it possible to live outside of Duggarland.

JD/Abbie:  Owns a flight school with Josiah.  Abbie wnursing home.  He and Abbie have 2 kids in public school.

Jill/Derick:  They have 3 kids in Christian school.  Derick has his own law practice that works for various conservative Christian groups and right-wing groups.  Jill gets it together and becomes a reasonably good social media influencer and maybe works with cousin Amy.

Jinger/Jeremy:  They stay in CA, and Jeremy becomes a pastor of a megachurch and small time televangelist.  Jinger is in the background being the perfect preacher's wife perhaps leading  a womens' group or charity.  They maybe have 2 kids in Christian school.

Joy/Austin:  They gradually take over Ft. Rock.  Maybe Austin works for JD part time as well.  They maybe have 3 kids homeschooling.

Josiah/Lauren:  Owns a flight school with JD.  They have 3 kids.  Lauren is a SAHM homeschooling doing some MLM.

The rest I see still relying on JB or working with their older brothers.  I also don't see any of the Duggars having kids in the double digits.  When the show ends, the Lord is going to lay it on some hearts to stop breeding.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to be the negative one, but my predictions are not that happy.

JB/Michelle: content elderly life. Money for healthcare, a maid, etc. JB controlling the family money. Lots of legal problems and financial arguments between their children when both JB and Michelle will die.

Josh and Anna: unhappy life. Never divorce. Never had a good job again. Lots of passive agressive situations.

Jana: maybe married. Very fundie SAHM. Not a lot of children (because her age), homeschooling. 

JD: content. Not a big quiver. Abbie SAHM, never will be a nurse again. She would probably regret quitting her career.

Jill: divorced and remarried? For some reason I see her taking the most shocking decisions. Working or volunteering. 4 kids, maybe at school.

Jessa: still a SAHM. A bit boring life. 4 or 5 kids. Homeschooling.

Jinger: a wannabe preacher wife mom of 2. Kids at school. Addicted to coffee and to pills to sleep. A 50's typical suburbs housewife.

Joseph: 7 kids. Happy but overwhelmed. Working hard, maybe with Kendra's family. Even living near them. Homeschooling awfully!!!

Josiah: Lauren left him. He eats junk food with Josh and talk crap about her former wife. She married a Christian doctor. 2 kids, maybe 3.

Joy: content. Working part time with her husband. 3 children. Homeschooling awfully!!! 

Howler monkeys... Maybe some of them will go to college. Another one will be a black sheep, I have no doubt. 

Johanna: forced courtship. Unhappy.

Jennifer: RUNAWAY. Maybe with Jill. 

Jordyn. Maybe college? (Following Jessa's advice?). Maybe a real job?

Josie. Waiting for the Prince Charming. 

• Upvote 3