IGNORED

Duggars in 10 - 20 Years

raspberrymint

10 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

By the time Josie is an adult, what do you see life as being like for the generations?

If there is a God we'll all have forgotten about them except when we see a clickbait ad for "where are they now?"

Like the cast of Mr. Belvedere.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 25
  • Love 2

December 2029 for the Duggars: 

JB and Michelle will often be updating how many grandchildren they have. That number is so important to JB so he has to constantly let everyone know he has 48 grandchildren. And counting! 

Josh/Anna have 9 kids Anna homeschools and they are likely done or close to done. 

Jana is single with a business selling home decor and giving decorating advice.

JD/Abbie: 5 kids, Abbie homeschooling and JD still obsessed with flying.

Jill/Derick: 4 kids total and they are done. The ages are pretty spread out but they have 3 boys and finally have a girl with #4. Derick actually graduates from law school but he’s a sub par lawyer against Christian persecution. Jill sends the kids to Christian school when they are older. But homeschools while they are little. 

Jinger/Jeremy: have 3 kids. Jinger and Jeremy try very hard to make themselves a brand like Chip and Jo but can’t seem to get it right and continue to be D list celebrity influencers on social media. They send their kids to a trendy Christian co-op for most of their schooling.

Jessa/Ben: They have 6 kids and still live in Arkansas not too far from JB and Michelle. But they have moved into a bigger house to accommodate their 6 kids. Jessa homeschools all the children while Ben tries to find some sort of vocation. He will go through a few more career changes after he finally graduates from school. They are often at the Duggar borg to visit.

Josiah/Lauren: 2 kids and divorced or on the brink of divorce.

Joe/Kendra: 7 kids without any signs of them stopping the baby train anytime soon. Kendra homseschools and Joe works and ordinary 9-5 job. Still living in NW AR.

Joy/Austin: 5 kids and working for Fort Rock every summer while doing construction during the rest of the year. Joy homeschools.

Jed: married with at least one kid and still trying his hand at politics.

Jer: married with at least one kid

Jason: married

I think some of the younger boys will put off marriage. So maybe James, Justin and Jackson will still be single in 2029. 

I think it will also be a mix of married and single for the 4 youngest girls as well. Johanna might be married in ten years but I doubt Josie will. Jordyn, Jennifer, and/or Josie will have rebelled some in the teen years. JB and Michelle don’t have the energy to fight it. So some of the rebellion is ignored or swept under the rug. No one outside the family will know about it until one or two of the daughters decides to move out on her own while unmarried. JB and Michelle will pretend like it’s completely fine with them when in reality, it’s not. 

None of them will marry a Bates. But it’s possible one of the younger Duggar siblings will marry someone from the Caldwell or Swanson families. 

Amy will only have 2 kids. Daxton and a girl she names something awful. Like Brynleigh.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it will also be a mix of married and single for the 4 youngest girls as well. Johanna might be married in ten years but I doubt Josie will. Jordyn, Jennifer, and/or Josie will have rebelled some in the teen years. JB and Michelle don’t have the energy to fight it. So some of the rebellion is ignored or swept under the rug. No one outside the family will know about it until one or two of the daughters decides to move out on her own while unmarried. JB and Michelle will pretend like it’s completely fine with them when in reality, it’s not. 

Precious Miracle Josie Duggar will not rebel. I think Jordyn will, but PMJD has it way too good in that cult. I mean she's the only one in like, 15 years her mother actually parented (said in the loosest sense of the term). She's paraded around and told she's a miracle, and - this is pure speculation because we don't see much of her on the show - I get the feeling she's seriously babied. The little clips we do see of her give me the impression that she probably acts younger then she is. It's probably pure manipulation, I have a cousin who does that. My cousin is 16 and her parents love the baby voice and the 'omg i'm just so little' act, I see Josie doing the same. She'll be campaigning viciously for the prolife agenda and trying to find herself a GYM who can deal with her holier then thou precious miracleness. 

Jordyn though, I think Jordyn will finally have had enough, she can't even have a birthday without someone bringing up PMJD or her niece and how close they are in age and everything. I'm sure it's kind a fun right now - hell I would've loved someone in my family I was that close in age to at her age. But having grown up with a sibling who demands everyone's attention in one way or another and still does as an adult it's gonna cause some issues. And my sibling wasn't even as babied and held up on a pedestal as Josie was. So yeah, I think Jordyn will rebel, maybe with Jennifer.

Brynleigh makes me want to throat punch them right now. 

If it's a boy he'll be called Braxton. 

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm imagining a chaotic Duggar catch-up special in 10 years, and FJ debating which of the guys made the best of his receding hairline.

I’m already calling it. 

Jeremiah hands down. His hairline is different from his older brothers. 

However I do think it will recede a bit. Just not as bad as the others.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Precious Miracle Josie Duggar will not rebel. I think Jordyn will, but PMJD has it way too good in that cult. I mean she's the only one in like, 15 years her mother actually parented (said in the loosest sense of the term). She's paraded around and told she's a miracle, and - this is pure speculation because we don't see much of her on the show - I get the feeling she's seriously babied. The little clips we do see of her give me the impression that she probably acts younger then she is. It's probably pure manipulation, I have a cousin who does that. My cousin is 16 and her parents love the baby voice and the 'omg i'm just so little' act, I see Josie doing the same. She'll be campaigning viciously for the prolife agenda and trying to find herself a GYM who can deal with her holier then thou precious miracleness. 

For these reasons I put her in the “wild card” category. I could see her enjoying her precious place of specialness but being the golden child can backfire on the parents so I could see her jumping ship over it, too. 

• Upvote 9

I have the sense that Josh & Anna will take over the TTH. JB & Michelle will eventually become the Grandma & Grandpa Duggars & move into whatever room was designated for such things.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

I always thought Jackson seemed young for his age, but I haven't seen him for a long time. He may well have matured in my absence.

• I Agree 4

One or more of them will have had continuing legal issues that will have been reported over the years. 

Nothing bad enough to result in jail time, but enough to have soured the publics' opinion of the family and have any future TV appearances off the table. 

One of the younger girls/guys will have met a non fundie in the real world (a la Whitney and Zach Bates meeting at Sonic) and they will have run off together. Pants wearing, no immediate wedding or grandchildren and private instagram profiles. They'll have a shaky relationship with the family. 

One of the younger girls will be a Christian social media star, youtube channel, merch/book deals and jesus themed motivational speaking tour. My money is on Josie. JB and Michelle will go on her tours as accountability buddies. 

Most of the married couples will have faded from public life. 

Jinger and Jessa will have tried to market themselves as influencers before giving up. Jessa out of lack of commitment and to focus on her family. Jinger from having her spirit broken from all the harsh criticism and rejections. 

Jinger will put all her energy into being Jeremy's adoring godly helpmeet and raising their 2 children. They will be allowed to participate in organised sports. Jeremy will still be a pompous ass. 

JoKen will not be heard from unless a fan spots them locally and posts a selfie. They will be happy and have a bunch of kids. 

SiRen will have either split or moved away from Arkansas. 

Jill and Derick will put their boys (and any future kids) in school. Jill will be working either in a Christian elementary school, she'll have gone to nursing school or she'll be deep into an MLM. Derick will be working for a small local firm/local government. His book (if released and at all interesting) will have driven a wedge between Jill and her family but she will be close with Amy and whichever sibling ran away with their gf/bf. 

• Upvote 7

I don’t think any rebellion or independent thinking will be tolerated among the Lost Girls or the remaining Howlers. Anyone who doesn’t conform will be sent off to JTTH or ALERT for however long it takes for them to go with the program. If ATI/IBLP isn’t around anymore, there will be plenty of other IFB homes for “rebellious” teens to pick up the slack.

At some point, the Howlers lack of education will catch up to them, and I think at least one will get in trouble with the law over something stupid (drugs, fighting, women/men) and they too will be sent off to adult Jesus Jail for reprogramming. After that, they’ll become an IFB preacher and use their legal troubles as part of their “testimony.”

Eventually one of the couples will divorce, since it’s not feasible to think that there won’t be divorces among nineteen offspring, especially when they barely know their respective spouses.

The show will come to an end and the Duggars will have to tighten their belts, meaning no more gifts of jobs, houses, cars, and electoral campaigns. Consequently, some of the couples will end up in poverty, but they’ll still keep pumping the kids out.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I have the sense that Josh & Anna will take over the TTH. JB & Michelle will eventually become the Grandma & Grandpa Duggars & move into whatever room was designated for such things.

Totally agree. In 10 years, Josh&Anna will most likely have at least 10 kids. At the same time, most of the (then) adult kids will have moved out. Josie will be 20. JB&M probably feel sorry for Josh&Anna (God has forgiven, he changed, people just don't understand, yada yada) and give them the TTH

• Upvote 8

I think the Duggars will come up with some new commercial enterprise to draw ($$s from) the leghumpers - some sort of "Duggar Holiday Camp", perhaps - and will have TV specials every now and then to refresh the boredom.

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I think Josh and Anna will take over the TTH but I don't see Michelle and Jimbob moving to the grandma and grandpa duggar suite (or where ever they'd go). It's not in their style

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I think Josh and Anna will take over the TTH but I don't see Michelle and Jimbob moving to the grandma and grandpa duggar suite (or where ever they'd go). It's not in their style

Yeah, and sure as shit Grandma Michelle won't be doing anyone's laundry.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 4

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yeah, and sure as shit Grandma Michelle won't be doing anyone's laundry.

Since the laundry fairy incident, I don’t think laundry has been Michelle’s jurisdiction. Wonder if Michelle has ever operated a front loading washer?

• Upvote 6

I think the TTH will be remodeled with 2 master suites.  One for JB and Mee and one for Josh and Anna.  The kids will be in the dorm style rooms.  Jana will move into the guest house and have some sort of shop/ business with the Duggar name on it. 

I don’t have the energy to think about the rest of them.  I have a lot more interest in the house.  Lol

Edited by Timetostoplurking
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I think the TTH will be remodeled with 2 master suites.  One for JB and Mee and one for Josh and Anna.  The kids will be in the dorm style rooms.  Jana will move into the guest house and have some sort of shop/ business with the Duggar name on it. 

I don’t have the energy to think about the rest of them.  I have a lot more interest in the house.  Lol

They could make some conversions pretty easily. It is a big house and there are quite a few smaller rooms and spaces in it. If they got creative, they could make a decent home for JB, Michelle, Anna, Josh, their litter of children, and any other young adult Duggars still at home. 

• Upvote 7

I predict that Johanna, Jordyn, Jennifer, and Mackynzie will all be married before their respective 21st birthdays to boys from other IBLP families. Pregnancy announcements within six months of their weddings. Josie might be a little older, but will still be married young.

I think at least one of the howlers will marry outside of the fold, similar to Zach and Whitney Bates.

All of the married kids will continue having babies at the same rate they are now, and Jill will have one girl after Derek finishes school and they'll call themselves done. All of the Duggar grandchildren within close vicinity of the TTH will have a homeschooling co-op, except for maybe Jill's kids (until Derick reconciles with Jim Bob.)

The show will still be airing in 2030, even if more scandals come out. ?

• Upvote 9

I don’t think Josh and Anna will get the TTH. He’s burned too many bridges. Plus the more fertile younger couples will pass them in family size before JB&M are ready to downsize. My guess is that Joe and Kendra will get the house.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Maybe Jessa & Ben? They have remained faithful to the Duggar brand and Ben is teaching all the children at the house. However I don’t see Jessa caring for her elderly parents...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

If Jana never marries, she will most likely be the one to care for JB and Michelle in their old age. If she does marry, I think some of the children will all pitch in to help. The ones still living in NW AR. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

By the end of 2029, I think that:

Josh and Anna will have ten kids. They will either be done or have only one more left before their quiver is closed. Josh will have another scandal but Anna will continue to stay by his side. Mackynzie (who will be 20 at this point) will already be married off and they will be anxiously waiting for her to make them grandparents.

I see Jana married (hopefully it's because she falls in love but I could also see JB and Michelle pressuring her if they believe a Jana wedding is the only way to keep Counting On going). I could see her with a few kids.

John and Abbie I see having five kids. Her Hyperemesis Gravidarum might slow them down a bit (especially if this occurs in subsequent pregnancies), but I doubt it will stop them.

Jill and Derick maybe have another kid or two. Despite the complications she's had with her first two births, they opt for a home birth and once again have to be transferred to the hospital for an emergency C-section. He graduates law school but doesn't do much with his degree before deciding he wants to do something else with his life.

Jessa and Ben will have seven kids and will still have a few more to go before their quiver is closed. We still aren't certain on what Ben does for a living.

Jinger and Jeremy have another two kids before going on some sort of birth control. After finishing at the seminary school, Jeremy becomes a pastor and Jinger relishes in being the paster's wife. They continue to live in a big city (whether they stay in LA permanently or not, who knows) far away from Northwest Arkansas.

Joseph and Kendra will have nine kids and showing no signs of slowing down.

Josiah and Lauren will have four kids. They will still be married, even if unhappily so, because they are too wrapped up in the Kool-Aid to show that their Godly marriage didn't work out.

Joy and Austin will have five kids. They will spend most of their time working at the Family Camp or flipping houses.

Most, if not all of the Howlers will be married with a few kids. Most of them will still work on Jim Bob properties but some will be forced to look for employment elsewhere.

A couple of the Lost Girls will be married. Another one will be unmarried and on her way to either becoming the next Jana or getting the hell out of this mess. Josie will not be married yet but when she does, her wedding will be super extravagant and way nicer than her siblings, which could lead to more resentment.

Jim Bob and Michelle will cling on to the TTH and any fam they still have for dear life. They will need a chart to remember all of their grandkids' names.

• Upvote 9