IGNORED

Duggars in 10 - 20 Years

raspberrymint

We had a discussion like this years ago, I think on the Yuku boards.  It's a pity I can't find it anymore because it would be fascinating to see which predictions panned out.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

Duggar 2029 Predictions:

(I'm saving this so I can look back on it in 9-10 years, haha)

-Michelle & Jim Bob will still be living in the TTH. It will function as the main house for the family, as there will always be plenty of people visiting, needing a place to stay for weeks/months/maybe years at a time when they face various scandals or crises. 

-Josh & Anna will still be married and will have 10 kids. Still living in Arkansas, still trying to redeem Josh, Anna still trying to make #littleduggars happen.

-Jana will be married with 2-3 kids. She'll be married to a younger man and they'll live very close to the TTH, if not on the actual property.

-JD & Abbie will have 4 kids. I have this weird idea that John-David will be a pilot. Idk where that came from, it's totally random and bizarre, but yeah. Abbie will maybe do some very part-time work or volunteer work as a nurse.

-Jill & Derick will have 3 kids and then stop permanently. Having graduated law school several years earlier and gone through multiple other career changes since, Derick will be writing a book that has been 'in-progress' for a decade and creeping out vulnerable people in some kind of ministry position. Meanwhile Jill will have gone back to school for nursing and basically have it way more together than #besthubbyever.

-Jessa & Ben will have six kids and the younger ones will all have fairly normal names. Ben will become a more "liberal/progressive" Christian (but still conservative by secular standards) and Jessa will reluctantly follow. Ben will become a vocal libertarian. His job will remain a mystery. They will not adopt.

-Jinger & Jeremy will be more obnoxious than ever and will have 4 children. They will no longer live in LA. Jeremy will be posturing to become a big name pastor and will have a podcast and YouTube channel. Jinger will be whatever Jeremy wants her to be.

-Joe & Kendra will still live near the TTH and will have 8 children. They will be the stable/favoured couple and will be in a good position to becoming the new JB and Michelle.

-Josiah & Lauren will still be together and Lauren will continue to be melodramatic, but they'll have mellowed somewhat with age and exhaustion. Along with Asa and Bella, they will have Caleb or Catalina, Deacon or Desiree, Elijah or Eden, Fletcher or Faith, Gabriel or Grace, and Hezekiah or Hosanna (not going to speculate on whether living children/miscarriages). Various other dramas, illnesses, crises, etc. will have arisen in the past decade so that Lauren will rarely bring up her firstborn son Asa.

-Joy & Austin will have 4 kids and everything else will pretty much be the same for them. They'll be living in an actual house.

-Jed! will be a failed politician and will be working for the Duggar family business, selling cars or something of that nature. But he'll still be insufferable and always be planning to run for office again. He'll be married with at least 3 kids.

-Jer will have gtfo'd somewhere. Maybe he'll be the first one to actually leave fundamentalism (but he will still be a Republican Christian and a generally nasty person). Or just do something somewhat different. He'll be dating a non-fundie, or married and divorced. No idea why I'm guessing this, just to mix things up, I guess. He'll still be on good terms with his family regardless because he'll still be a Republican.

-Jason will be married with 3 kids.

-James will be married to Lauren Caldwell and they will be on their 5th child.

-Justin will be married with 3 kids.

-Jackson will be in some kind of uncomfortable arranged-seeming courtship.

-Johannah will be married with 2 kids.

-Jenni will have taken off and will be in college, travelling, or something.

-Jordyn will be courting and will seem extremely unenthusiastic about it.

-Josie will be single and FJ will speculate that JB & Michelle are FORCING her to stay home with them, or that their standards/Josie's standards are impossibly high, and that she will never marry, despite the fact that she is only 20-years-old.

-Tyler will no longer be living with or much involved with the Duggars.

None of the GrandDuggars will be married yet.

There will have been at least one more big scandal on par with or worse than both Joshgates.

At least one Duggar will have run into some major legal trouble.

Counting On will no longer be on the air, but they'll have found some other way to keep their brand chugging along.

Either Amy or Derick will have written a Duggar 'tell-all' book that turns out to be extremely disappointing.

Jim Bob will still talk about having 200 grandchildren.

Edit: Oops, forgot - at least one Duggar couple will be divorced.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Either Amy or Derick will have written a Duggar 'tell-all' book that turns out to be extremely disappointing.

This is so true! If anyone does write a tell-all it will 100% be disappointing! And probably really poorly written.

@Buzzard will recap it for us. But she will only do it after everyone on FJ sends wine and snacks. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

Honestly the Duggars in 10-20 years will all just have more gray hair than they do now.  (Or less of it)

Edited by LilMissMetaphor
forgot something
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

JimBob/Michelle-I also believe they will remain in the TTH for the same reasons cited by singsingsing.

Josie-will remain at home, but I predict she will be the most impulsive Duggar and will likely run off with a boyfriend.

Jordyn-will marry quickly just to feel significant and special by someone.

Jennifer-probably gets CNA training and be the appointed caretaker of JB/Michelle as they age.  I would like to think she's in RN school but SOTDRT will be an obstacle.

Johannah-studies cosmetology and has her own business, is married with a small family.

Jackson-becomes a housepainter.

Justin-married and working for his father in law's business. 

James-will join the US Army and make it his career.

Jason-will become a long distance truck driver and have a small family.

Jer-will have some sort of civil service job that requires him to relocate from the compound.  

Jed-see Jer  He will make several unsuccessful attempts at public office.

Joy and Austin- will have 5 kids and live near the TTH.  Joy will miscarry at least one more time.

Josiah and Lauren-will still be married, have 5 kids, all girls.

Joe and Kendra-will have 5 kids and be pregnant with #6.

Jinger and Jeremy- will have 3 kids and on the verge of divorce due to Jeremy's infidelity.

Jessa and Ben-will have 5 kids.  Ben will aspire to be a Christian author and they will rely heavily on JB for support.

Jill and Dwreck-3 kids, one law degree completed, Derrick will manage to find gainful but not lucrative employment and will have moved his family away from JB.

JD and Abbie-3 kids and pregnant with #4.  They will live below the radar and will shy away from publicity. 

Jana-married and living near the compound. No kids.

Josh and Anna-9 kids, one of which will have a noticeable disability.  They will be heavily dependent on JB for income. Josh will have health problems due to weight issues.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • WTF 4

41 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Jinger and Jeremy- will have 3 kids and on the verge of divorce due to Jeremy's infidelity.

Sadly yeah, I can definitely see a 'I've been the biggest hypocrite ever, Satan built a fortress in my heart (now plz buy into my redemption arc, I have an insatiable need to be rich and famous)' statement from Jeremy in the future.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Yeah, out of all the married couples excluding josh and Anna, I think Jeremy is likely to cheat. 

Also, super gross to predict miscarriages. Don’t like that at all. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Josie will be single and FJ will speculate that JB & Michelle are FORCING her to stay home with them, or that their standards/Josie's standards are impossibly high, and that she will never marry, despite the fact that she is only 20-years-old.

LOL, so true!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

We had a discussion like this years ago, I think on the Yuku boards.  It's a pity I can't find it anymore because it would be fascinating to see which predictions panned out.

Found it!

It's more wishful thinking than realistic predictions, looking back. Lots of people hoping that Josiah would come out and do something fabulous, and that all the daughters would run away from home. Most people thought Jill would be in Jana's place and never get married.

A lot of posters assumed the show would be cancelled by 2012! One person disagreed, saying "Ratings will stall for the next season or two and then there will be a flurry of weddings..." which was pretty on the nose for 2011.

Someone did predict that Josh would cheat on Anna! ?

A bunch of people did predict that John David would become a pilot (did you know he's a pilot?)

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 20
  • Love 1

My inspiration for this thread was a 2034 prediction thread from around 5 years ago.  It's on this board, but old enough that I couldn't reply to it to start it up again.

• Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Jana never marries, she will most likely be the one to care for JB and Michelle in their old age. If she does marry, I think some of the children will all pitch in to help. The ones still living in NW AR. 

Even if she doesn't marry they should pitch in.  Caring for elderly family members is hard when it falls on one person and that's with normal elderly family members.  With Michelle you got a whole 'nother degree of difficulty involved.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Even if she doesn't marry they should pitch in.  Caring for elderly family members is hard when it falls on one person and that's with normal elderly family members.  With Michelle you got a whole 'nother degree of difficulty involved.  

I agree. But I think Jana will think it’s her duty as a single adult daughter to care for her parents. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. But I think Jana will think it’s her duty as a single adult daughter to care for her parents. 

Once Michelle zones out completely she should just toss her a cabbage patch doll and tell her it's her buddy - let her nurse it into her golden years.  Should be any day now.

(And that was 100% a shot at Michelle's spaciness and lack of concern for any one over 6 months old - not anything age related.)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

Ok, I'm not going to do everyone.  Here's mine:

Jill has been watching Welcome to Plathville and following Olivia's instagram.  She sees that it's possible to stand up to the older generation and be true to yourself while still retaining some of your faith and values.  The separation between the Dillards and the rest of the Duggars gets wider although Jill remains close with her former buddy team.  Jenni, who has never given any fucks about keeping sweet, goes to live with Jill as soon as she's 18 and Jordyn joins them in another year.   They still hang out with Austin and Joy, who also see the rest of the Duggars but don't take sides, but are mostly estranged from the rest of them, at least for a few years.

Jeremy finished his pastor training and got a position in a small church which he hoped to parlay into a much larger role but he and Jinger hit peak influencer in 2019 and it's been all downhill since then and they had to figure out how to go back to not living quite so large.  Jinger learned how to make her own coffee and ice cream.

Jana teased her instagram fans with a relationship with Lawson Bates on and off for another 5 years.  Neither of them really meant it - they were just friends - until one day they realized that what they were looking for was there the whole time.  Now they are expecting their 3rd child.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Once Michelle zones out completely she should just toss her a cabbage patch doll and tell her it's her buddy - let her nurse it into her golden years.  Should be any day now.

Maybe JRod will give Michelle one of those creepy Reborn dolls?  

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 5

My only prediction: Derick writes a tell all, he includes stories about Jill’s childhood that she told him in confidence. Lifetime turns it into a movie.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 10

15 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

My only prediction: Derick writes a tell all, he includes stories about Jill’s childhood that she told him in confidence. Lifetime turns it into a movie.

Who would play them?

If this were the early 80's I'd say Kim Richards and Phillip McKeon.

Yes, I'm 100.

• Upvote 5

I'm quite late but I'll bite. Also bookmarking to look back on on the future.

Jana: toss up as to whether she'll marry, but I'm going to go with married. 2-3 biological kids, probably more from her husband's first marriage. Otherwise still with JB and Michelle living her worst life.

Jabbie: 4 kids, pregnant with 5th. He will still be a pilot.

Josh/Anna: 9 kids before her fertility runs out. Oldest courting or married already.

The Dullards: I'm actually optimistic that they will have escaped fundamentalism (and indeed that they possibly already have) and that it will be obvious by then. I do think they will still be hateful wrecks of people and very conservative Christians at best but I'm more optimistic for their kids than any of the others. I do think they'll have 2-3 more by then, and that the older kids will be in an actual school of some kind. D-wreck will have had at least 2 more careers by then and trying a third.

Bessa: 7 kids. He'll be done with school and employed but still kind of drifting. Her hair will still look awesome.

JinJer: They'll have 4 kids maaaybe 5. They won't have said so but will be done procreating. He'll still be trying to become a famous preacher man. Sadly, as someone else already said, she will be whatever he wants her to be.

SiRen: They will still be married and still be dead inside. Of the current marrieds I do think they're most likely to divorce but don't think it will have happened yet. They will have 6 or 7 kids. It will still be unclear what he does for a living or or all.

JoKen: I actually think they'll have 9 kids, maybe even pregnant with number 10. They are the new Boob and Michelle, they'll never stop. They may even have their own show by then.

Joy and Austen: Will own a real house and, not being opposed to actual work, will be the most financially secure of the couples other than maybe Joken with their TV gig. I find their family size hard to speculate on as I think they could ultimately be QF or not, but think they'll have at least 4 by then.

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I was going to tap on the laughing reaction but then I felt sad because this is so devastatingly possible!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who would play them?

If this were the early 80's I'd say Kim Richards and Phillip McKeon.

Yes, I'm 100.

Did you see he died recently? I guess there is a Facts of Life movie coming out and Nancy wasn't able to be as involved due to her brother's illness. I don''t think it's been disclosed what happened. 

• Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3

Also, I was half joking about James + Lauren Caldwell, but I do think that Lauren Caldwell is going to marry a Duggar and is probably already courting one. They keep playing her up on the show.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Did you see he died recently? I guess there is a Facts of Life movie coming out and Nancy wasn't able to be as involved due to her brother's illness. I don''t think it's been disclosed what happened. 

I had no idea … that's too bad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

LOL, so true!

Mechille will be like Queen Victoria and not let one of her daughter's go and my bet will be on Jana or Josie 

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Mechille will be like Queen Victoria and not let one of her daughter's go and my bet will be on Jana or Josie 

And then one day someone will marry her, move into the TTH, and Michelle will dote on their kids more than the other grandchildren and completely deny that she was ever against the marriage. Just like Princess Beatrice.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Also, I was half joking about James + Lauren Caldwell, but I do think that Lauren Caldwell is going to marry a Duggar and is probably already courting one. They keep playing her up on the show.

My money is on Jason. I don't know why, but it's been a hunch. 

We should start a Guess Which Howler she will marry thread...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1