IGNORED

God's Daughter interviewed a real winner this time

Lady Elaine

That's something I've always wondered about also. If you are strong in your faith and beliefs you aren't going to take a 180 degree change. And you might learn something new. What a boring world if we all believed the same way.

I once left a comment on the Maxwell blog pretty much asking the same question. He never posted it. Not surprised.

Someone did. Read the comments by Millard. Raquel and her mom and others turn the tables on him, getting all hot and bothered that he would dare question her intentions. :roll:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/03/from-guys-viewpointcollin-mizell.html

Her entire blog is a dating ad.

These guy posts remind me of a teen magazine, only for fundie-is girls. And also, as you said, dating ads! For the boys and for Raquel.

As a former evangelical Christian, I used to get Brio Magazine from Focus on the Family and they would have a little profile like this of a "godly guy" in each issue. And he would encourage us to be modest and stuff. Did anybody else read Brio? And, if so, did Susie who ran Brio ping your les-dar as much as she pinged mine?

What about this fellow?

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/from-guys-viewpointjoshua-p.html

Right away, something about his pics pinged my gaydar. As I read on, I got to this answer...

Poor Josh :(

To quote him "8)   What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you?

For the most part, I find it sad; because I can’t fulfill her wishes of liking her. And I want her to be happy."

Totally pinged!

Have you looked at her charity site? There are *so* many pictures of herself on there, you can't even tell what her mission is about. She makes me laugh because she's so into modesty, but her websites are FULL of her own pictures.

firstnightoffreedom.org

Wow, it took me 15 minutes to figure out what the actual cause was! Why does she think her epiphany is more important than the story of the people the pillowcases/funds would benefit? The charity itself that she donates to is legit. I have a close friend who works for their office in Greece. I just don't get why someone would give her money to give them pillowcases, instead of donating to the charity directly?

Wow, it took me 15 minutes to figure out what the actual cause was! Why does she think her epiphany is more important than the story of the people the pillowcases/funds would benefit? The charity itself that she donates to is legit. I have a close friend who works for their office in Greece. I just don't get why someone would give her money to give them pillowcases, instead of donating to the charity directly?

This. She's so full of herself, relating her decision to help this cause. And she won't accept handmade pillowcases; they must be new, preferably from JC Penney or Macy's. :roll:

I have to say, I found the part where he referred to colleges as "pagan factories", just too precious.

I'm glad the extreme fundies don't believe in college. Let them keep thinking that way. They can landscape my lawn or fix my roof, but I don't want them anywhere near my body (doctor) because they're too ignorant to find a mole in clear view, or making laws in government positions.

I'm also a trifle annoyed at Collin saying that they shouldn't make modesty an idol. I mean, it shouldn't be, and a lot of fundies make it one, as we've discussed almost ad nauseum... but if you are a girl in that culture, it's almost impossible not to obsess about it All The Time. Everyone is so ready to jump on you if they think you aren't modest enough in some way, and you are told that you have to obsess about every detail of clothing and carriage so that you don't even accidentally defraud in all the ways that the Rebelution modesty survey have told you are possible... You can't possibly just throw up your hands and say, forget it, I'm not going to fuss about modesty today. So nice try, Collin, but you don't really get it.

I once left a comment on the Maxwell blog pretty much asking the same question. He never posted it. Not surprised.

NurseNell. Agreed! The world would be super boring. Besides, why would "God" have made as all so different if it wanted us to be exactly the same in all our thoughts, opinions and beliefs? I think it likes diversity. And agreed, people who are strong in their convictions will not just automatically do a flip over an opinion of a professor. When someone does, it tends to be because they aren't sure themselves and are easily swayed at that moment in time. I doubt many of these people are really ever challenged in their faith or beliefs and they just would not know how to respond to differences in opinion. They see persecution where there is none. Hence why they tend to assume "they are trying to make me lose my faith." No, they are trying to make you think critically and logically.

FormerGothardite: Not surprised either. Question, because it is driving me crazy ;) , who is on your avatar? I know I have seen that man before and the image looks familar. Is it from a film?

Archived