IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

I really hope Hannah has all boys from now on. It’s so sad that they have two girls who are being fed this garbage. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

@JermajestyDuggar quoted Tommy Washburn's post to Rebecca: The double standard that people hold is unbelievable, everyone else is sharing their emotions and excitement, why is it wrong to share my hurt. 

Hey Tommy, you spelled butthurt wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

And one of the daughters is a "breeder" and yes I'm going to use that term VERY loosely....because Beaglier isn't a fickin breed, neither are any other fancy named dogs that are essentially a mixed breed.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, saintmom said:

And one of the daughters is a "breeder" and yes I'm going to use that term VERY loosely....because Beaglier isn't a fickin breed, neither are any other fancy named dogs that are essentially a mixed breed.

All the girls have been dog breeders at some point. At least the mix of two breeds might mean there isn’t any inbreeding and malformations. But I really hate all the backyard breeding the fundies do. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

????????

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.16.57 PM.png

Hannah is very good at being smug and wrong at the same time. Like I said, she and James are quite the pair. They both think so highly of themselves and are so stubborn that I can’t imagine them being happy together in the long run. They will probably be too stubborn and proud to ever divorce. So they will probably just live unhappily for decades. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey James. Why don’t you not comment on a woman’s breasts at all? He’s disgusting. He chose the perfect wife though. They are quite the pair. His poor daughters. 

B045E93A-C214-4BDE-81AB-AE41666AFB4A.jpeg

James, you managed to use the word "breasts" 7 times in 6 sentences. Thinking about breasts much? Sounds like your problem, not hers. In other cultures, we could aptly substitute the word "ankles" or "shoulders" and get the same effect.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

Just now, livinginthelight said:

James, you managed to use the word "breasts" seven times in 6 sentences. Thinking about breasts much? Sounds like your problem, not hers. In other cultures, we could aptly substitute the word "ankles" or "shoulders" and get the same effect.

He’s definitely a boob man. I bet he gets so mad when he gets aroused by random women. He wants to shame them into covering up so he doesn’t have to hide his boner in public.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Whoa! This is a hell of a rabbit hole to fall down. Send ferrets,  wine, and chocolate. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the girls have been dog breeders at some point. At least the mix of two breeds might mean there isn’t any inbreeding and malformations. But I really hate all the backyard breeding the fundies do. 

Sorry but adding a designer breed name to a dog doesn't make them breeders.  It makes them backyard breeders.  I'm sure they charge an arm and a leg for them.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, saintmom said:

Sorry but adding a designer breed name to a dog doesn't make them breeders.  It makes them backyard breeders.  I'm sure they charge an arm and a leg for them.

Oh I know. I’m not even a huge fan of “responsible breeding.” There are just so many homeless animals put down each year. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Tom Washburn seems to like to play the role of grandfather. I wonder if the birth of Sarah and Stephen’s baby will calm Tom down. Or will his pride get in the way of having a relationship with some of his grandchildren.

• Upvote 3

One of Stephen’s Facebook friends shared the video of their wedding. And Tom Washburn reacted with a crying emoji. Cry me a river. You brought this all on yourself dude. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of Stephen’s Facebook friends shared the video of their wedding. And Tom Washburn reacted with a crying emoji.

I've long felt that FJ needs an "eyeroll" vote option.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 21

13 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

I've long felt that FJ needs an "eyeroll" vote option.

Kind of an eyeroll/oh ffs/SRSLY? combo. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Or, he could follow Jesus’s advice and pluck his eye out(which was part of the Gospel reading yesterday).

I vote for this option.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Tom only has 3 children left at home and I’m sure he didn’t allow them to go to the wedding. We know Tommy and Hannah disagree with the marriage. Therefore the only Washburns left to attend were Abigail’s family. I do hope hey were able to go. So at least someone from her family was there. Sarah walked herself down the aisle. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey James. Why don’t you not comment on a woman’s breasts at all?

Because he cannot fathom this concept. Based on the content I’ve seen about him, in his mind men have an innate aggressive authority over women, and women must answer for everything no matter how benign it is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I really have a hard time understanding fundies who insist on being divisive with these microaggresions. I will put my fundie thinking cap on for this, because I used to be one:

**please note I do not agree with these sentiments, I am simply using “biblical” logic**

He has not specified if the women he speaks of in the post are professing Christians or not. It is in fact implied that they are women of the world. His wife and daughter dress modest, and he guides that way because they are women of the Lord. Even if a woman’s baring of her cleavage causes a man to lust and sin, rebuking her will only give her more attention, she is a wordly woman, and she will not understand. You would be casting your pearls upon swine. Instead, show her the Gospel. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, saintmom said:

During the “Yanny/Laurel” debate, someone did a parody using “Labradoodle/Goldendoodle,” complete with one of those audio sliders—except that when you moved it in either direction, it said “mutt.”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

I've been lurking FJ for a pretty long time (mainly following Duggars and Rodrigueseses) but I just saw caught up on this thread and realized I was Hannah's penpal briefly a few years ago and I received a coffee mug from her lol.

About four and a half years ago, I participated in a "Teacup/Mug Exchange" (I was tangentially involved in the Christian-girl-blogging circle for a few months... ?). Hannah sent me a mug and stuff and we wrote letters back and forth a couple times and I JUST realized now who the Hannah being mentioned in this thread is.

Here is a screenshot of my (now private) blog when I posted about Hannah and the mug she sent me. Edited out some personal details.

Spoiler

tempsnip2.thumb.png.4199b7dfcbafe516d25a2425315e109c.png

(my author's profile is up-to-date because I now use Blogger to host my career portfolio website... the contrast is a little jarring with my old content lol)

I remember I got a note with my package and checked out their websites (Radical Femininity and Shining Stars) and I was VERY bewildered... But I sent a thank-you note and corresponded with Hannah a couple of times; here's her comment on my post:

Spoiler

tempsnip.png.c1d8ff9e8101c235b2384a5a6a6983aa.png 

I don't know why but the moment of ??????? I had when putting two and two together has me mindblown lol. For what it's worth the mug is holding up well and is now holding mine and my husbands toothbrushes on the bathroom counter. Sorry if this is a little off topic from the current conversation. Just thought someone might find it interesting!

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Killer said:

I've been lurking FJ for a pretty long time (mainly following Duggars and Rodrigueseses) but I just saw caught up on this thread and realized I was Hannah's penpal briefly a few years ago and I received a coffee mug from her lol.

About four and a half years ago, I participated in a "Teacup/Mug Exchange" (I was tangentially involved in the Christian-girl-blogging circle for a few months... ?). Hannah sent me a mug and stuff and we wrote letters back and forth a couple times and I JUST realized now who the Hannah being mentioned in this thread is.

Here is a screenshot of my (now private) blog when I posted about Hannah and the mug she sent me. Edited out some personal details.

Hide contents

tempsnip2.thumb.png.4199b7dfcbafe516d25a2425315e109c.png

(my author's profile is up-to-date because I now use Blogger to host my career portfolio website... the contrast is a little jarring with my old content lol)

I remember I got a note with my package and checked out their websites (Radical Femininity and Shining Stars) and I was VERY bewildered... But I sent a thank-you note and corresponded with Hannah a couple of times; here's her comment on my post:

Hide contents

tempsnip.png.c1d8ff9e8101c235b2384a5a6a6983aa.png 

I don't know why but the moment of ??????? I had when putting two and two together has me mindblown lol. For what it's worth the mug is holding up well and is now holding mine and my husbands toothbrushes on the bathroom counter. Sorry if this is a little off topic from the current conversation. Just thought someone might find it interesting!

Back when Hannah was just another smug SAHD writing about being a SAHD the right way! It is a cute mug. Was she incredibly smug and holier than thou in her writings to you?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Back when Hannah was just another smug SAHD writing about being a SAHD the right way! It is a cute mug. Was she incredibly smug and holier than thou in her writings to you?

Honestly, no, not that I remember - she wrote about her family and the things going on in her life, but we really had nothing in common, besides that we were both busy (in very different ways... I was a full-time college student by day/waitress by night lol). I was VERY curious about her lifestyle in a WTF? kind of way, but it felt disingenuous to keep up communication with her just to fulfill curiosity.

I think it's probably not unusual to have a bit of a difference between talking personally/privately with someone, versus getting on a soapbox on a public platform. But maybe any condescension just went over my head!

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, smittykins said:

During the “Yanny/Laurel” debate, someone did a parody using “Labradoodle/Goldendoodle,” complete with one of those audio sliders—except that when you moved it in either direction, it said “mutt.”

I think either doodle sound like something the dog leaves on the rug when you don't take it for a walk in time.

• Haha 6

On 2/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Also Sarah and Stephen had their big wedding this weekend. They’ve been married for awhile now but they had what looked to be a very nice valentines themed wedding. None of her family was in the wedding party and I imagine none of them went. Except for Silas and Abigail. They seem to be very supportive of the couple so they may have gone. 

BTW, Sarah looks to be about 6 months pregnant. 

@JermajestyDuggarWhere are you seeing their wedding pictures?I'm being dense and cant find them.

Edited by byzant
Added quote
  • Upvote 1