IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

8 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

Well, girls have a better track record of breaking free than boys.

Girls have a lot more reason to WANT to break free than boys do. Most dictators don't voluntarily give up power.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

On 11/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

Thank you. I now know what I’m doing this afternoon.

So weird when fundie Christians adopt ancient Judaism  

It is! From interactions with the people we know who have done this, it seems to me to be a way to be holier than holier-than-thou.

Coming late to the thread after spending the holiday season doing other things. Sadly, it appears that many of the social media posts are no longer available. Just lots of empty boxes and FJ reactions. Lol!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, refugee said:

It is! From interactions with the people we know who have done this, it seems to me to be a way to be holier than holier-than-thou.

Coming late to the thread after spending the holiday season doing other things. Sadly, it appears that many of the social media posts are no longer available. Just lots of empty boxes and FJ reactions. Lol!

I don’t know why some of the pictures aren’t showing up. Mine still are On this thread. I went to look at the original post where these pictures are from and it’s still there. But I think some posts are probably missing. But I did notice this from Tommy that I missed before. It is just beyond ridiculous. He just wants to share his feelings too. Lol! He just wants to publicly shame his sister. 

6BAC769A-3443-43F3-8838-2FB36A925A38.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know why some of the pictures aren’t showing up. Mine still are On this thread. I went to look at the original post where these pictures are from and it’s still there. But I think some posts are probably missing. But I did notice this from Tommy that I missed before. It is just beyond ridiculous. He just wants to share his feelings too. Lol! He just wants to publicly shame his sister. 

Sounds like typical abuser-speak to me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

Just now, refugee said:

Sounds like typical abuser-speak to me.

I’m sure Tom Washburn taught both of his sons how to be controlling and spiritually  abusive just like him. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

They showed up for me when I right-clicked and then "open image in new window".  All of them.

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Thank You 1

I just want to throw out there that I am so glad Hannah Washburn Manderino is not doing the whole L’aybe I’m pregnant with twins” bullshit this time around. It was ridiculous last time. Everyone knew she wasn’t having twins but she kept pushing the idea. Even a midwife said she was too small to be carrying twins and it wouldn’t sway her. I have no idea why someone who never got an ultrasound and planning a homebirth would want surprise twins so badly. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 11/19/2019 at 6:52 PM, FecundFundieFundus said:

You really see it come out when you're with a child who stims. The number of people who think you should be punishing them for acting differently is really quite astonishing. (And no, you can't "discipline" autism out of someone, so fuck off and let him rock in peace. I wouldn't let you even if it did, jeez louise let the kid live his life)

Sorry for the late reply but I'm just now reading this thread in January.  The above made me so sad and angry.

If anyone ever said a word to me about my adorable, smart as a whip great-nephew's stimming in public, they'd quickly find themselves in the ER to have my foot removed from their ignorant ass. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On 1/5/2020 at 4:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But, but he started  “with all due respect.”  Eyeroll.

Fun fact—according to Urban Dictionary, “With All Due Respect” is:

A polite way of saying "Kiss my ass."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, HereComesTreble said:

But, but he started  “with all due respect.”  Eyeroll.

Fun fact—according to Urban Dictionary, “With All Due Respect” is:

A polite way of saying "Kiss my ass."

According to my military family members, "With all due respect..." means "you're out of your fucking mind, but keep talking". 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Sorry for the late reply but I'm just now reading this thread in January.  The above made me so sad and angry.

If anyone ever said a word to me about my adorable, smart as a whip great-nephew's stimming in public, they'd quickly find themselves in the ER to have my foot removed from their ignorant ass. 

My 9 year old has autism and was stimming(quietly flapping his hands) in a restaurant.

This guy asked me to make him stop because it was “bothering” him. I explained that my son has autism and he’s excited.  The guy again said make him stop, it’s bothering me.

I replied that I can’t make my son stop, but I could stab the guy’s eyes out with a fork. That way he couldn’t see the stimming anymore and it would no longer bother him.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 21

Know how to tell a sea story from a fairy tale? The fairy tale starts "Once upon a time...". The sea story starts "no shit, this really happened..."

Yes..I'm a sailor's wife and have been entertained over the years by many sea stories...unfortunately they aren't that funny if I tell them...David could tell them and have me on the floor rolling!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 8

15 minutes ago, sableduck said:

My 9 year old has autism and was stimming(quietly flapping his hands) in a restaurant.

This guy asked me to make him stop because it was “bothering” him. I explained that my son has autism and he’s excited.  The guy again said make him stop, it’s bothering me.

I replied that I can’t make my son stop, but I could stab the guy’s eyes out with a fork. That way he couldn’t see the stimming anymore and it would no longer bother him.

Fuck ‘em up, mom. 
For real.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, sableduck said:

you can't see me, but I am giving you the ASD mom's salute of solidarity. 

Also, I love you.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

Sableduck, I’m so sorry that POS hassled you and your child.  People can be the absolute worst.  You’re child is blessed to have an accepting and protective parent like you.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, sableduck said:

I have two kids with special needs, my husband has decided he’s in love with someone else, and I have literally zero fucks left to give.

Cross me about my kid, and I will stab your eyes out with my fork. 

I salute you too. My brother has Autism, and my father was a complete narcissist so that did not help. My brother is 23 now, and when he was a toddler people would move their kids away from him stating they were afraid their kids would “catch the disease”. If I ever had a child with ASD, which the chance is high as it runs on both sides of my family (I am well aware that the fact of it being environmental or genetic is up for debate but the fact remains: it is very present in my family), I have no problem telling people to fuck off after seeing all that my mom went through. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

On 1/8/2020 at 12:22 PM, sableduck said:

So he was sitting quietly and moving his hands. WTAF is wrong with some people? Hell, my son would... not be sitting quietly, let's leave it at that. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

So he was sitting quietly and moving his hands. WTAF is wrong with some people? Hell, my son would... not be sitting quietly, let's leave it at that. 

I am not sure if your son has special needs, but a sad truth is that many ignorant people will excuse worse behavior in typical kids merely for the fact that they are typical :( I am glad that there is some more expectation here in the US to treat people with disabilities kindly than there was 15-20 years ago when my brother was a kid, but we all still have a long way to go. My family is lucky to live in the Seattle area, which is a very progressive area regarding disabilities. However, if you’re not on one of the coasts the experience is so, so much worse.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hey James. Why don’t you not comment on a woman’s breasts at all? He’s disgusting. He chose the perfect wife though. They are quite the pair. His poor daughters. 

B045E93A-C214-4BDE-81AB-AE41666AFB4A.jpeg

• Disgust 9
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 2

Also Sarah and Stephen had their big wedding this weekend. They’ve been married for awhile now but they had what looked to be a very nice valentines themed wedding. None of her family was in the wedding party and I imagine none of them went. Except for Silas and Abigail. They seem to be very supportive of the couple so they may have gone. 

BTW, Sarah looks to be about 6 months pregnant. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey James. Why don’t you not comment on a woman’s breasts at all? He’s disgusting. He chose the perfect wife though. They are quite the pair. His poor daughters. 

Or, he could follow Jesus’s advice and pluck his eye out(which was part of the Gospel reading yesterday).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

"Accessorize using your breasts"??  No thanks, James.  I think I'll take them off today and leave them at home.  By the way, nice balls!  Sorry but your pants are making it obvious that you have balls and if you're accessorizing with them, I get to mention them.

What an ass.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Xan said:

"Accessorize using your breasts"??  No thanks, James.  I think I'll take them off today and leave them at home.  By the way, nice balls!  Sorry but your pants are making it obvious that you have balls and if you're accessorizing with them, I get to mention them.

What an ass.

I wonder what he does when women are breastfeeding around him. Does he ask about their breasts or complement them while they are feeding their child? 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4

If he doesn't want to see them, then don't look. It's that simple, really. If he told me to cover up I'd tell him to mind his own damn business. 

What a dick. No man, especially no fundie, will have any say in what I do and/or don't do. I think they are incapable of acknowledging this - the world doesn't give a rat's arse what uptight fundies think!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3