IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to make it clear what I mean by calling them fake Jews. They are fundie Christians who have appropriated Jewish customs and holidays. Similarly to Gwen Shamblin Lara and some other Christian fundies. Tom and his wife were not born to Jewish parents. They were mainstream as is their extended families. They converted to this fundie religion when their oldest children were young. 

Thanks for the explanation @JermajestyDuggar

It’s hard to make sense when you interpret the Bible literally and use it as a guide on how to live your life. And how you think others should live as well. 

And when you leave out the whole entire New Testament.
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

n1m9AyJ.png?1

Douchebag, God didn’t make those rules, YOU DID. Or your cult, or your shitty father in law

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

My personal opinion is that Tom wants to be super duper special and that was probably a big reason why he decided to be this Jewish Christian combo. Of course he likely wanted to control his wife and children too. But I think that his narcissism plays a role in being part of this super special religion where he has it right. This way he gets to be better than both Christians and Jewish people. Because he’s ultra mega right in his religion. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 20
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

n1m9AyJ.png?1

Talk about blowing things out your ass.

What a fucking idiot. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This way he gets to be better than both Christians and Jewish people. Because he’s ultra mega right in his religion. 

It's like he perceives them as enhancing one another exponentially, not just adding one to the other. Self-righteousness, to the nth degree!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Talk about blowing things out your ass.

What a fucking idiot. 

Like I said before, his dad died last year but his mom still lives in another state and seems to keep up a relationship with them. I wonder if she is truly ashamed of his beliefs and just doesn’t say anything. Honestly if I were his mother, I would have to say something. But maybe he would then cut her off. He seems like the type that would. 

Basically if I was his mother I would tell him, “stay out of this. It’s none of your business. It is between your sister in law and your father in law. Don’t pick sides and keep your opinions to yourself on the subject.” But his mother is a woman. So her opinion likely means nothing to him. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Do the Washburns agree to state-issued marriage licenses for their fake Jewish-fundie weddings or are they like Michael Pearl and keep the state out of the entire business? 

Is Tom's whole point that because he didn't agree to the marriage, and he didn't give Sarah, his property, in marriage that the marriage is null and void? 

Because legally, the only people living in fornication are those people "married" without a marriage license.  Since Sarah and Stephen eloped and are living in "state sanction fornication" then they had a license and were married by someone authorized by the state to perform marriages.

(Yes I know that the Pearls and many of the fundies we follow here are anti-State and federal govt.)  

Tom and Tommy W  (and James M) are BSC, as well as mean and angry.  The crazy thinking they espouse is the kind that leads to honor killings.

Hannah is just smug, judge-y and acting holier than everyone else. Because she's so holy she also thinks biblical laws would be great for society and stoning/capital punishment for harlotry is A-OK peachy keen. I assume she thinks "state sanctioned fornication" falls under harlotry.

Edited to add:

If Stephen previously married in 1994, 25 years ago -- how old is he?  He doesn't look that old in the photo.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Wow, it's been a while since I checked on what was going on with the Washburns, and that's some serious drama. He thinks he's nullified their vows? Seriously? And literally comparing daughters to slaves is pretty shocking even for a fundie.

This is a family I haven't followed on fj, but i'm all in now.  What denomination of crazy are they? "Like a slave." LIKE A SLAVE.  Someone should tell him that he said the quiet part loud.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Honestly, is all for real?  I feel like it’s got to be very committed Fundy satire.  Like, really, discussions of adult daughters as slaves & stoning them to death?  C’mon now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

Honestly, is all for real?  I feel like it’s got to be very committed Fundy satire.  Like, really, discussions of adult daughters as slaves & stoning them to death?  C’mon now.

If it’s satire they are pulling the long con. With many many players involved. There’s just too many people involved to be satire. 

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If it’s satire they are pulling the long con. With many many players involved. There’s just too many people involved to be satire. 

Then, they are straight up insane.  I mean, to post that stuff publicly, they’re insane.  Insane.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

Then, they are straight up insane.  I mean, to post that stuff publicly, they’re insane.  Insane.

Like I said before, Tom is like Trump. Our current president posts the most insane shit on social media for millions of people to see. And he sees nothing wrong with it. Narcissists are like that.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Like I said before, his dad died last year but his mom still lives in another state and seems to keep up a relationship with them.

Dollars to donuts, she maintains ties in order to see her grandchildren. I can sort of understand that but, man, what a price to pay. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So basically

F6672355-315F-4B94-ADE0-EA32935364AA.thumb.jpeg.c7a2e5011ae4b0664be84fbff2f3a1f5.jpeg

I love this. I’m now picturing everything James Manderino says in Dwight Shrute’s voice. And it’s fucking gold ?

• Haha 7

fj, clarify for me -- James Manderino is married to one of the Washburn sisters and he's publicly shitting on his Jezebel of a fornicating sister-in-law on social media AND her new husband because something something something? I do sincerely hope that these two love birds are thoroughly enjoying their fornicating activities.  Sadly, it will probably result in early pregnancy. 

Pa Washburn, Tommy and J. Mandarino are the kind of horrible men who, under different circumstances, started religious wars and persecuted their enemies to the nth degree.  

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is Tom's whole point that because he didn't agree to the marriage, and he didn't give Sarah, his property, in marriage that the marriage is null and void? 

Yes, exactly this and now I'm worried about the two remaining sisters totally trapped at home by their insanely controlling father.  And you can be sure that Pa Washburn has gone into max control hyperdrive since one daughter has escaped his clutches.  Anybody know how old they are?

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

n1m9AyJ.png?1

So, um, its his opinion and can be changed with evidence, but there's plenty of evidence and he ignores it. Where is his "evidence" that slaves have more rights than daughters? It makes me sick to think they have a daughter. How can he actually look at that sweet baby daughter of his and think she deserves less rights than slaves did in the past? What is wrong with him? 

*Rhetorical questions obviously. I know some fundie fathers can be really controlling, but OMG comparing their daughters to slaves and that historical slaves have more rights is something I have never heard before. It's clear Tom Washburn sees his children as his literal property and nothing more and I think James Manderino may be worse. I am actually worried for Yael and I hope she does a 180 from her parents as an adult. I also hope they don't have any other daughters for James to treat as worse than a Biblical era slave. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love this. I’m now picturing everything James Manderino says in Dwight Shrute’s voice. And it’s fucking gold ?

3glq12.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 33

1 minute ago, dairyfreelife said:

I also hope they don't have any other daughters for James to treat as worse than a Biblical era slave. 

I'd think that situation would be ripe with potential for sibling abuse -- sons raised to be entitled to everything; powerless daughters with zero rights.  Uck. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

So, um, its his opinion and can be changed with evidence, but there's plenty of evidence and he ignores it. Where is his "evidence" that slaves have more rights than daughters? It makes me sick to think they have a daughter. How can he actually look at that sweet baby daughter of his and think she deserves less rights than slaves did in the past? What is wrong with him? 

They're talking about the idea of a Jubilee, in which every seven years slaves are released. There's no such thing for daughters, who in their view are never released until their father decides to release them to another man's authority.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

fj, clarify for me -- James Manderino is married to one of the Washburn sisters and he's publicly shitting on his Jezebel of a fornicating sister-in-law on social media AND her new husband because something something something? I do sincerely hope that these two love birds are thoroughly enjoying their fornicating activities.  Sadly, it will probably result in early pregnancy. 

Pa Washburn, Tommy and J. Mandarino are the kind of horrible men who, under different circumstances, started religious wars and persecuted their enemies to the nth degree.  

Yes, exactly this and now I'm worried about the two remaining sisters totally trapped at home by their insanely controlling father.  And you can be sure that Pa Washburn has gone into max control hyperdrive since one daughter has escaped his clutches.  Anybody know how old they are?

You are correct. James isn’t even blood related to Sarah. He likely only met her when he first met Hannah a few years ago. It’s just his wife’s younger sister. The two daughters still at home are young adults. I feel really sorry for them. Right now Tommy, Hannah, and Abigail each have one daughter. Abigail and Hannah are currently pregnant and due within a month of each other. Abigail is having a boy and I hope Hannah is too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

They're talking about the idea of a Jubilee, in which every seven years slaves are released. There's no such thing for daughters, who in their view are never released until their father decides to release them to another man's authority.

The land was left fallow every seven years, and every seven of those seven years was the jubilee where slaves were released and debts forgiven.  Though the slavery was indentured servitude, generally to pay off debts.

There's still some debate over whether it was a 49 year cycle or a 50 year cycle though.

Edited by CyborgKin
clarity
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

13 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

The land was left fallow every seven years, and every seven of those seven years was the jubilee where slaves were released and debts forgiven.  Though the slavery was indentured servitude, generally to pay off debts.

There's still some debate over whether it was a 49 year cycle or a 50 year cycle though.

Right, but they're talking about a seven year cycle. I don't think they know the Bible as well as they think they do. :pb_lol:

Tja3v1X.png?1

To be fair (?), James did say that overall daughters have more rights than slaves, just not in this instance.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1