IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Stephen Lagoy posted a couple of wedding videos on his FB page. 

Thank you 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does he even know how insane he sounds? I swear fundies sound downright delusional sometimes.

51CCEDEA-81B8-4CDC-8215-6560BEDA8537.jpeg

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 13

Trust a fundie to link coronavirus to abortion. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11

I'm eager to hear the (il)logic behind why the elderly are more at risk of death divine revenge than people who are still menopausal. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

Probably the standard fundie logic:  If bad shit happens to other people, it's a warning to the rest of us.  All of those old people must have hanging out collecting frequent flyer points at their friendly local abortion clinic (buy 6 abortions, get one free).  Or something.

But, no.  He really doesn't realise how absurd his argument is.  He sees life through a whole different paradigm where everyone else's logic doesn't apply.  

• Upvote 9

One of my more woo-y friends posted something like "maybe this is Gaia trying to shake off the human plague". To which my response was "well compared to smallpox, the black death, measles, typhus, the 1918 influenza strain, HIV, syphilis and Ebola it seems like a pretty low key attempt." 

What I think irritates me the most is that both she and I think this idiot are speaking from an assumption that they and their loved ones aren't likely to be in danger.  I'm sure he counts himself among the righteous heroes who survive to the end of the movie - if he was at actual high risk he might think a bit differently. Or maybe 1348 Europe was a hotbed of abortion and debauchery. Who knows.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Or maybe 1348 Europe was a hotbed of abortion and debauchery. Who knows.

They were Catholics!

• Haha 17

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does he even know how insane he sounds? I swear fundies sound downright delusional sometimes.

51CCEDEA-81B8-4CDC-8215-6560BEDA8537.jpeg

Is there a natural disaster of some sort brewing? Then time to bring gout the abortion tentacles and attach them at all points imaginable.

This guy is not only creepy and kinda' scary, he's off his rocker and that makes him seriously dangerous. 

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Is there a natural disaster of some sort brewing? Then time to bring gout the abortion tentacles and attach them at all points imaginable.

This guy is not only creepy and kinda' scary, he's off his rocker and that makes him seriously dangerous. 

And this is the guy Tom Washburn heartily approved of for Hannah. I’m not saying Stephen Lagoy is some awesome guy. But the fact that Tom approved of James makes me think his judgment is garbage and Sarah likely chose much better for herself than Tom would have. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Ok if a person truly believes that abortion is murder, I still don’t understand why it’s wrong to use aborted fetal cells to save lives through vaccines. Do they also rage against murder victims who are organ donors? Do they think that anyone who is murdered should just be buried and never donate any part of their body to science? I really don’t get why they are so against any good coming from abortion.

A1E1092B-9BA5-4FD7-A66F-3C91F1FCF997.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

So God, who is in charge of everything, prompted  Pharoah to murder Hebrew babies and visit plagues on the people, which certainly killed pregnant women, AND  it's OK for God to kill as many people as he wants now, including pregnant women and children,  because he's pissed and isn't particular about who dies when he wants revenge...because abortion?

Summary: I'll murder random people, including pregnant women, widows, the fatherless and the traveler, to make "us"  stop abortion.  Also, birth control bad. 

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still don’t understand why it’s wrong to use aborted fetal cells to save lives through vaccines.

@JermajestyDuggar,how this issue is parsed by the Vatican here.  Scroll down to read the Moral Reflections on Vaccines Prepared from Cell Derived from Aborted Human Foetuses

TL;DR for me.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

• 1 month later...

Oh, James, you sound so CHRISTIAN......not.....as you prostrate yourself on the altar of Fundy fascism. 

Also, from looking at his post, it's easy to see how much he despises those who don't share his beliefs.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oh, James, you sound so CHRISTIAN......not.....as you prostrate yourself on the altar of Fundy fascism. 

Also, from looking at his post, it's easy to see how much he despises those who don't share his beliefs.  

Same with Hannah. They are two of the smuggest, holier than thou, nasty fundie couples on all of FJ. 

I imagine they have zero friends in real life. No one could stand to spend more than ten minutes with them! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same with Hannah. They are two of the smuggest, holier than thou, nasty fundie couples on all of FJ. 

I imagine they have zero friends in real life. No one could stand to spend more than ten minutes with them! 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have a cohort of similar (non)thinking friends. I’ve been horrified at the overt racism some of my family members now feel comfortable spewing. The only “good” thing from it is that I now see who they really are and can stay as far away as possible. I’ve never before understood how families could fight against each other in the civil war. Hearing some of my family members, sadly I now understand. It’s absolutely vile the hate I see from them! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

Here’s another example of how superior he feels. 

DB26F151-8954-4EC0-AE50-81874B540BCB.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have a cohort of similar (non)thinking friends. I’ve been horrified at the overt racism some of my family members now feel comfortable spewing. The only “good” thing from it is that I now see who they really are and can stay as far away as possible. I’ve never before understood how families could fight against each other in the civil war. Hearing some of my family members, sadly I now understand. It’s absolutely vile the hate I see from them! 

I made sure to say “IRL” meaning in real life because I think they have “friends” online. I truly don’t think they can maintain true friendships irl. James may have had friends before his conversion, but I bet he lost them all when he moved across the country and became better than everyone else. Hannah never seemed to have too many friends. It’s hard to have friends irl when you are so closed minded and public about how much holier than thou you are. I think they have online friendships because they can find people who are just as crazy as them and you don’t have to put much effort into that kind of friendship. They just agree and pat each other on the back. 

• Angry 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

DB26F151-8954-4EC0-AE50-81874B540BCB.jpeg

? and WTF?!? aren’t nearly strong enough reactions to this!  He’s disgusting. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

DB26F151-8954-4EC0-AE50-81874B540BCB.jpegI made sure to say “IRL” meaning in real life because I think they have “friends” online. I truly don’t think they can maintain true friendships irl. James may have had friends before his conversion, but I bet he lost them all when he moved across the country and became better than everyone else. Hannah never seemed to have too many friends. It’s hard to have friends irl when you are so closed minded and public about how much holier than thou you are. I think they have online friendships because they can find people who are just as crazy as them and you don’t have to put much effort into that kind of friendship. They just agree and pat each other on the back. 

The sad thing is I caught the “irl” and know if they’re anything like some of my family members, they’ve found similar people irl. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6

Sarah Lagoy had her baby on June 2nd but Tom Washburn said nothing about it on his FB page. He usually mentions how proud he is when any grandchildren are born. But since he didn’t agree to let Sarah marry, maybe he doesn’t count this baby.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Lagoy had her baby on June 2nd but Tom Washburn said nothing about it on his FB page. He usually mentions how proud he is when any grandchildren are born. But since he didn’t agree to let Sarah marry, maybe he doesn’t count this baby.

I was going to react with the sad one but the baby might be really lucky not to be included!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I was going to react with the sad one but the baby might be really lucky not to be included!

The large extended Lagoy family seems to be very supportive of the couple. And of course Abigail is since she’s married to a Lagoy. I think it’s for the best that they aren’t around toxic family members like Tom, Tommy, Hannah and James.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4