IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

James Manderino has the most infuriating fb. I’ve been reporting a lot of his content as hate speech and fake news, because it is. I encourage others to do the same. 

4CD17AA5-9523-45BA-A061-16DE761B912E.png

Edited by dripcurl
ETA: I am starting a thread specifically for this
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

James Manderino has the most infuriating fb. I’ve been reporting a lot of his content as hate speech and fake news, because it is. I encourage others to do the same. 

4CD17AA5-9523-45BA-A061-16DE761B912E.png

I reacted WTF to him, not you. He is trash.

• Upvote 6

• 9 months later...

From Tommy Washburn’s wife:

So you are anti vaccine and anti hospital birth and your newborn gets very sick from vitamin K deficiency? I’m shocked (insert sarcasm). If this baby had gotten her routine vitamin K shot at birth then none of this would have happened. These hypocrites only want medical intervention when it becomes life threatening. Ugh. 

661B9CCE-4C34-4303-950A-2C79991D5275.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 5

I had to Google the name Tehilah. Unsurprisingly it’s a Hebrew name, same sort of style as Yael (Hannah Manderino’s first).

• Thank You 3

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

This makes me furious!!

And of course they have a go fund me for medical expenses. They wouldn’t have spent all that money on medical bills and their child wouldn’t have become ill had they followed basic medical care after the baby was born. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

This is what I can’t stand the most about the Washburns. They think they know everything. They are so holier than thou and smug. They know more than doctors. Until their baby almost dies. Then they rely on the doctors to save their child’s life.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

They conspicuously denounce things like Vitamin K shots and, you know, routine medical care, etc so that other people know they trust God to heal things.
Unless there’s an actual medical issue.
Then the doctors are okay. But immediately before and immediately after they’re necessary, doctors are terrible.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, bea said:

They conspicuously denounce things like Vitamin K shots and, you know, routine medical care, etc so that other people know they trust God to heal things.
Unless there’s an actual medical issue.
Then the doctors are okay. But immediately before and immediately after they’re necessary, doctors are terrible.

Exactly. And ironically, the medical intervention necessary to save this baby is now much much more extensive than the initial Vitamin K treatment would have been.

It reminds me of my anti-Vaxx friend who refused the whooping cough vaccine but accepted all the medical interventions to have her daughter treated when she got whooping cough. I don’t understand the cost-benefit analysis these people use.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had some interactions with Hannah online back several years ago.  She was completely unwilling to consider other points of view back then, too.  

There was a discussion a ways back about why they pick and choose which Judaic doctrines to follow.  

I know multiple families that have gone into the "fake Jew" type of thing.  I understand the thought process for how people get there, and it's not as clear-cut as it might seem on some things (though most of this is patently ridiculous).  

Christianity and orthodox Judaism share a lot of the same roots.  Most of the early Christians were also Jews.  A common theme through the New Testament is establishing what from Judaism carried over and what didn't - differences in how we treat the Old Testament, which is a shared text.  All these practices that families like the Washburns adopt *are* in the Old Testament (as far as I know - they may have picked up a few elsewhere that I'm unaware of).  

Most Christians understand the Old Testament, particularly the first five books of the Pentateuch, as being divided into three - ceremonial, civil, and moral law.  However, unlike Jews, we accept the New Testament as Scripture, and the NT speaks of the Law as being fulfilled.  What is meant by the law being fulfilled is debated.  The majority of Christians see the ceremonial law as no longer being in effect - that the sacrifices and feasts and all were just pointing forwards to the sacrifice that Jesus would make on the cross.  Since then, there is no longer any place for temple worship as it was, and no need for other ceremonial rites (such as circumcision, keeping the feasts, etc.) that were symbolic for things that are present realities in the New Testament.  Romans, Hebrews, and Galatians in particular talk about some of these things no longer being in effect, and Acts describes the early Christians dealing with dietary laws (also considered to be ceremonial by most Christians) and how those were to be handled.

There are also discussions in the NT of the church being Israel now in some sense.  "Israel" is frequently used to describe God's people.  In the OT, that was national, ethnic Israel (and included proselytes from other countries).  In the NT, now Christians are considered to be God's people, and national Israel is no longer considered to be the covenant people (Romans 11 discusses this).  

The Washburns (and others I know like them) take the view that the ceremonial law is still in effect, and that the church becomes Israel in more than just a spiritual sense.  They would believe that they are God's covenant people, and that therefore, they're the real Jews.  But most of them still believe that there are some things that were only for national Israel, or that were only supposed to happen with temple worship that they aren't able to participate in right now.  So there's actually a logic to their picking and choosing.  It's just terrible logic and requires conveniently explaining away significant parts of the New Testament.  Having had some of those conversations with Hannah once upon a time, she's not interested in having better logic.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

"Late vitamin K deficiency bleeding, which generally can occur up to six months old, is rarer but deadlier; the hemorrhaging nearly always occurs in babies’ brains but can also occur in the intestines and affects four to seven of every 100,000 infants without the shot. About 20 percent of the babies die and 50 percent sustain long-term brain damage." From the Scientific American. Same source, "Breast-fed babies are at the greatest risk for vitamin K deficiency bleeding because breast milk contains extremely low levels of the compound, regardless of the mother’s diet." 

I really hope their latest made it through the event with no lasting damage and they start getting their babies their shots. The chances of a baby being allergic to vitamin k are astronomically low- there's literally no downside

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I swear all of Hannah’s babies look so angry! They must be mad they are born to a pompous jerk father and a smug know it all mother. They deserve better and they know it!

0CE56169-1DC8-4684-AD4C-2D20A16D7160.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

• 5 months later...

Whew, they are somehow getting worse with age. 

Hopefully the juxtaposition of her two posts will give y'all an ironic chuckle and ease the bile taste in the mouth her #prayforkyle engenders

Screenshot_20211102-090503.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1

30 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Whew, they are somehow getting worse with age. 

Hopefully the juxtaposition of her two posts will give y'all an ironic chuckle and ease the bile taste in the mouth her #prayforkyle engenders

Screenshot_20211102-090503.png

Good riddance to her. I wish more horrible people would leave. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Oh yeah. I remember how a few years ago she was going to move to MeWe. I don’t know if she ever mentioned Parler. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

Sometimes people on FJ are interested in fundie names with all the same letter. The matriarch of the Lagoys recently passed away and all 15 of her children were listed so I can list all their S names here:

Spencer, Stacy, Samantha, Seth, Samuel, Suzanna, Sharon, Sandra, Shauna-Lee, Sarah, Silas, Stephen, Simeon, Scott, and Stephanie. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

My opinion: Samuel/Samantha and Stephen/Stephanie are too close for my taste. But they aren’t terrible names overall. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...

I was looking at the Washburn’s back yard breeding site. They’ve been dog breeders for a very long time. I was not surprised at all to see that they use an MLM dog food. Yes, there’s an MLM for even dog food! Lol. There’s an MLM for everything. Of course they feed their dogs this MLM food and then try to sell it to all the people who buy puppies from them. Along with supplements and formula. These fundie just love their MLMs 🙄

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

At Samuel Washburn’s wedding on Oct 30, Hannah was carrying around a newborn. So that’s 4 kids for her since getting married 5 years ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hannah is back on Instagram and her 4th kid is named Theodore Vincent. 

I'm glad it's a boy.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

This made me laugh out loud. She just described men AND women. Nothing she described is exclusive to men. It’s hilarious that she has no clue how ridiculous she sounds: 

3684A6D2-AA90-4899-8A78-55E043037B3E.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

Quick to apologise when convicted of any wrongdoing... so he has finally realised that his daughters are not to be treated as slaves?

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I feel bad for Abigail. Her sister is the one who eloped with her husband’s brother and made her family show their collective asses online. Her father, her brother, her sister, and her brother in law all made themselves look like fools publicly. And that’s why they were talked about on FJ. If they hadn’t posted it all on their public social media, none of us would have known about it. Of course she’s glad Jinger didn’t publicly speak out against her parents even though they were the ones who chose to live their lives by Bill Gothard’s rules. Abigail likely wishes her family would have kept their mouths shut about her sister Sarah eloping. Like Jinger kept her mouth shut about her parents. 

C937BAC0-798F-4FDF-87F8-C896EDD335B8.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

God, Hannah is insufferable. I just browser her twitter, thanks to seeing her come up on reddit. She's amazingly smug for being such an incredible moron. Anyway, here's the tweet I saw on reddit, someone said "Hannah's mom-shaming the virgin mary", which made me laugh...

hannah.png

• WTF 1
  • Haha 9