IGNORED

"A Very Duggar Wedding"

Burris

Yes, I know I'm behind the times: I only watched the Duggar wedding special last night. I have only two comments:

1) If Mr. Keller is a decent guy in real life, then TLC did a hack job on the man because he sounded like a leering, self-congratulatory pig in the special - and that isn't even touching the, 'Jesus turned water into grape-juice' nonsense.

2) Who pledges not to use birth control in their vows? That's just gross.

I don't think he's decent at all. Decent men don't "transfer authority".

And the birth control thing squicked me the hell out as well.

Modest nothing. These people are exhibitionist of the highest order.

Catholics do.

"(Name) and (name), have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

"Will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?"

"Will you accept children lovingly from God, and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"

Will you accept ANY AND ALL AND DON'T YOU DARE PULL OUT, BUDDY, I DON'T CARE IF THAT'S YOUR KINK children lovingly from God?

Without that, it's still open to interpretation. ;)

Will you accept ANY AND ALL AND DON'T YOU DARE PULL OUT, BUDDY, I DON'T CARE IF THAT'S YOUR KINK children lovingly from God?

Without that, it's still open to interpretation. ;)

Distinction well made, Sister cp!!!! :clap:

Catholics do.

"(Name) and (name), have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

"Will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?"

"Will you accept children lovingly from God, and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"

Yes, I will lovingly accept children from God if I end up pregnant - doesn't mean I have to make it easy for God to give them to me :angelic-cyan: As I've said before, if God really wants me to have a kid right now, no little pill is going to stop it.

Yes, I know I'm behind the times: I only watched the Duggar wedding special last night. I have only two comments:

1) If Mr. Keller is a decent guy in real life, then TLC did a hack job on the man because he sounded like a leering, self-congratulatory pig in the special - and that isn't even touching the, 'Jesus turned water into grape-juice' nonsense.

And let's not forget, comparing sex to Legos! :doh:

Can't believe that Josh had to be told how to put tab A into slot B, at his age lol.

-I love how JB referred to sex by comparing it to "lego" and the "birds and the bees". It was just so awkward that during their drive to the hotel, they popped in the "before your wedding night" tape and listened to it. They're so sheltered that they need a "sex how to guide".

-It bothered me that JB had to tell everyone that they waited until the day of their wedding to kiss. JB and Michelle have said they let their kids decide what they want to do, but I've already started questioning that.

-The sex talk was staged, according to one of Anna's BIL but it was still awkward.

-If I was at that wedding, I'd fall asleep. The same at the reception.

Can't believe that Josh had to be told how to put tab A into slot B, at his age lol.

Tv: Where modest parents give the "lego sex talk"

I honestly could not believe what I was seeing. No one will ever convince me that that boy had no idea where to put his lego. I just don't believe it.

Tv: Where modest parents give the "lego sex talk"

I honestly could not believe what I was seeing. No one will ever convince me that that boy had no idea where to put his lego. I just don't believe it.

Well this is Smuggar that we're talking about.. ;) But I do remember Anna's BIL giving the inside scoop about the wedding.

If I was at that wedding, I'd fall asleep. The same at the reception.

Josh's singing at the wedding would've been enough to make me head for the door, and the nearest toilet so I could throw up. Even now when I watch the wedding special, I have to skip over that part.

-It bothered me that JB had to tell everyone that they waited until the day of their wedding to kiss. JB and Michelle have said they let their kids decide what they want to do, but I've already started questioning that.

Michelle even says in one of the courtship episodes that Josh and/or Anna came to them and asked what they should do, if they should be able to hold hands or whatever, and she told them that they could hold hands. I don't think those kids know how to make a personal decision without parental input, even if they wanted to.

Michelle even says in one of the courtship episodes that Josh and/or Anna came to them and asked what they should do, if they should be able to hold hands or whatever, and she told them that they could hold hands. I don't think those kids know how to make a personal decision without parental input, even if they wanted to.

I want to know how Michelle and Jim Bob came to that decision (that they should have never been making in the first place).

Was it just something they pulled out of their asses, or do they have a specific Bible verse that they gleaned this knowledge from.

It could be worse. Isn't there some fundie girl blog out there where she and her husband prior to marriage had to hold a ruler between them so they always stayed 6" apart?

That would be Kristina with the "courting ruler".

Speaking of whom, I was on her mom's blog today and her sister Michelle, who just got married in March, has already had 2 miscarriages. :(

"It's just like Legos, son: you need more than two to have some real fun."

How did I miss the legos speech?!?!?! :doh: I am going to force myself to watch it again.

It could be worse. Isn't there some fundie girl blog out there where she and her husband prior to marriage had to hold a ruler between them so they always stayed 6" apart?

If there is such a blog, I NEED that link!

That would be Kristina, she posted as "Makestheduggarslookdirty" on the old board. The original thread about her involved that for its title. She was somewhat of a "pet fundie" but less so now, I think, after she came over to post about a multilevel marketing scheme she's involved in that she wanted jingerites to buy into.

I have a hard time watching people embarrass themselves. Like, I can't watch "Meet the Parents," it just makes me uncomfortable.

Needless to say, when Josh started crooning off-key at the wedding, I went " :( :shock: :o OH GOD, NO!" and changed the channel. It just... NO. Didn't Michelle say something about how it's every girl's dream to be sung to at her wedding? Unless I'm marrying Justin Timberlake (pleasepleaseplease), I would DIE if my groom did that.

I don't think I've ever seen Josh's singing extravaganza all the way through... too awkward. And no, I would not enjoy being sung to at my wedding, even if my husband was a professional singer. Because it's ridiculous! :lol:

Josh's singing at the wedding would've been enough to make me head for the door, and the nearest toilet so I could throw up. Even now when I watch the wedding special, I have to skip over that part.

While I thought the song itself was the musical equivalent of cheese in a can, I actually thought Josh had a nice voice. He probably won't be singing any operas any time soon, but I think he can sing pretty well for someone who has non-musical parents and (as far as I know) no vocal training. I think all the Duggar kids are pretty decent musicians, from what I have heard. I think the screeching violin effect comes from a combination of having all the kids of all ages play together and maybe the sound not translating very well through TV microphones. They certainly don't sound any worse than any junior high orchestra I've ever heard, which is probably about the average age of the Duggar kids. They're not prodigies or professionals, obviously, but they don't make my ears bleed the way they seem to for some.

I have a hard time watching people embarrass themselves. Like, I can't watch "Meet the Parents," it just makes me uncomfortable.

Needless to say, when Josh started crooning off-key at the wedding, I went " :( :shock: :o OH GOD, NO!" and changed the channel. It just... NO. Didn't Michelle say something about how it's every girl's dream to be sung to at her wedding? Unless I'm marrying Justin Timberlake (pleasepleaseplease), I would DIE if my groom did that.

I am the same way. I blushed 10 shades of red when he started that crap, and had to change the channel. He was making a damn fool of himself. :oops:

The no kissing thing not to mention the six inch thing is ridiculous. I think if there is to be a rule, then it should be they are not allowed to do anything they wouldn't do to their own brother or sister. While even that still seems harsh, I think its ridiculous that they are allowed to hug and kiss little siblings but not each other

My husband sang to me at our wedding reception... but he was singing Sinatra, and he sounded really good (he's got that lounge singer voice down pat). I also knew he was going to do it, because he had told me months beforehand, and I had laughed and said, "Yeah, right, we'll see," because as much as I love him, he talks a big game and then doesn't always follow through.

That would be Kristina, she posted as "Makestheduggarslookdirty" on the old board. The original thread about her involved that for its title. She was somewhat of a "pet fundie" but less so now, I think, after she came over to post about a multilevel marketing scheme she's involved in that she wanted jingerites to buy into.

I remember her on the board. How did I never know they were the same person?

Archived