IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

1 hour ago, Mellowing With Age said:
1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I read the "talk" with Ken as his throwing word salad at them for 45 minutes to an hour, yammering on and on and saying nothing of substance.

I hope so, even though listening to Ken blathering on for that long would be cruel in and of itself. 

Honestly, if I had to choose, I might choose a spanking over listening to Ken pontificate for 45 minutes. Just saying.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I just want to say that the reason I feel Lori's appearance is fair game for snark is because she harps on women basically being stereotypically feminine appliances. As such, it is the job of wives to look their best for the menfolk, no matter what. So, not even bothering to comb or brush her hair anymore is just another example of her rampant hypocrisy. Her family must not see the pictures posted of her, because all snark aside, Lori Alexander does not look well, physically or mentally.  I'm four or five years older than her, but easily look ten years or more younger based on her pictures. The crepey neck skin! You would think she would have used a high-priced serum or something over the years to prevent this.  None of my peer group aged friends (mid-sixties) have necks that look like this, although it was common to see when my mom was in the nursing home. Hardly any of the most hateful fundies look nice. JROD goes too much in the other direction, although she is an extreme hypocrite also.  Hate can make you ugly.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Honestly, if I had to choose, I might choose a spanking over listening to Ken pontificate for 45 minutes. Just saying.

People who say things like this have never been a kid who had a belt taken to them, or a paddle or - yeah, no -  Because it isn't Only a 'spanking' they also scream and scold.   They don't just walk in and beat on you - they scream and scold before and after.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
clarifying
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 5

And, she's back.  New video, same Lori.  

Apparently, some people think she's a giant hypocrite.  Can you believe it?

hypocrite.PNG.de0d3e58275896cdf4cd4e5fa54e64ec.PNG

Recap:
She lists the numerous "platforms" that she uses to reach the masses.  Be prepared to sit- the list is long.  Girlfriend spends A LOT of time on social media.  Also, she writes books.  Don't forget that.  ?

That said, she is NOT a career woman.  Her kids aren't in daycare.  I mean sure, they're in their thirties, but still, the fact that they're not in daycare is solid proof that Lori isn't a career woman.

She concedes that she does "make a little money", but she's not stuck in an office, so it cancels out.  How can people NOT see that?! How?!

Spoiler

1432868110_hypocrite1.PNG.7ce8065c146802c60ad4c934f2a0afb3.PNG

Besides, all of her books and social media?  She's just obeying God's commands!  He's the one who wants her on Instagram...and Twitter....and Facebook....and Youtube...and her blog....and Pinterest....

Back to the video:

Younger women shouldn't be doing what she does because reasons.  Also, her email box is FULL.  She hasn't been able to get to them, because her family has been stressing her the fuck out.  She's overwhelmed.  There need to be more people like her, so she's not stretched so thin.  It's "tragic".

At this point I lost interest, and her outrageous expressions started to creep me out.  If anyone wants to finish the last couple of minutes and recap, good luck with that.  She's a trip.

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I just want to say that the reason I feel Lori's appearance is fair game for snark is because she harps on women basically being stereotypically feminine appliances. 

Same.  Under any other circumstance, I would NOT snark on appearance.

That said, Lori recently wrote a post encouraging people to call out women who weren't looking their best.  She said something like "men do it, and women should to".  Fine.  Fair's fair.  If Lori wants women told when they aren't looking their best, we should start by telling HER.

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

I don’t personally recommend a lot of the wait until your dad gets home attitude because many kids have short memories. By the time dad gets home some will have totally forgotten what they did, especially younger ones. I work with ADHD kids who can’t even get a list of three things done without forgetting or getting distracted what makes parents think that they will remember until “dad gets home”. Sure some will, especially older ones and those that really did something like beating up another child but a young kid who might have refused to pick up his toys isn’t going to understand when he’s being yelled at five hours later. 

Also it creates unbalanced parenting. Dad becomes the terrifying disciplinarian while mom is the “soft” parent. This leaves room for not respecting mom’s authority. Address issues as they come and then be done with it. Adults don’t like being harped on so kids don’t either. 

What I find amazing is the attitude the people on her page have and how she leaves it unchecked, Ken too. On her Bernstein Bears post people are talking about “loony leftists” and such. How is that drawing people to Christ? If anything it’s just showing “leftists” that Christians are name callers. People constantly ask those who push back “why are you here? Go away”. A standard Christian reply would be “that God drew them here, why are you chasing them away?” Yet Lori doesn’t do that.   One would think that on a ministry page that you would try to make sure it’s as warm and welcoming as possible. I follow other ministry pages that have a very high standard of conduct and they are actually more liberal. What does that tell us? 

But you know I believe God works through evil  so maybe he’s using their negative attitude and Lori’s meanness as a way to lessen her influence. Who knows?

• Upvote 19

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

Maybe she envisions “work while they nap or after they’ve gone to bed” but in practicality that barely allows for the mental transition into work mode before you’re back “on” as mommy or asleep yourself.

I'm thinking that's how she envisions it. When I was growing up, we had neighbors who were fundie lite homeschoolers. They had three sons and couldn't have more kids. The wife had an accounting business where she had several small businesses as clients. Some of the work she did from home and other times she had to go out to the businesses and do work there. Yes, she was probably flexible with homeschooling when she had to go to businesses.  I'm sure Lori would have hated my neighbor for leaving her home to go out and work even if it was only a few days a week. 

Lori probably hates women who work from home five days a week, but send their kids to public or private school.  She would complain that they should be homeschooling their kids after work. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I just want to say that the reason I feel Lori's appearance is fair game for snark is because she harps on women basically being stereotypically feminine appliances. As such, it is the job of wives to look their best for the menfolk, no matter what. So, not even bothering to comb or brush her hair anymore is just another example of her rampant hypocrisy. Her family must not see the pictures posted of her, because all snark aside, Lori Alexander does not look well, physically or mentally.  I'm four or five years older than her, but easily look ten years or more younger based on her pictures. The crepey neck skin! You would think she would have used a high-priced serum or something over the years to prevent this.  None of my peer group aged friends (mid-sixties) have necks that look like this, although it was common to see when my mom was in the nursing home. Hardly any of the most hateful fundies look nice. JROD goes too much in the other direction, although she is an extreme hypocrite also.  Hate can make you ugly.

My mom just turned 69 a few weeks ago and she looks younger than Lori. She has very few facial wrinkles and her neck skin is bit crepey, but it's nowhere near as bad as Lori's.   Has Lori already turned 60?  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

My mom just turned 69 a few weeks ago and she looks younger than Lori. She has very few facial wrinkles and her neck skin is bit crepey, but it's nowhere near as bad as Lori's.   Has Lori already turned 60?  

She's 61, just a few months younger than I am.  I'm basically very plain and average, but my wrinkles are far fewer than hers, and my neck is nowhere near as bad as hers. Of course, I use real moisturizers  (albeit from the drugstore, not Nordstrom) rather than the greasy butter left on my hands from making a grilled cheese sandwich, and I've never been one to spend much time in the sun, but what do I know about the Godly way of taking care of my skin, right?:BLAZER: 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

She's 61, just a few months younger than I am.  I'm basically very plain and average, but my wrinkles are far fewer than hers, and my neck is nowhere near as bad as hers. Of course, I use real moisturizers  (albeit from the drugstore, not Nordstrom) rather than the greasy butter left on my hands from making a grilled cheese sandwich, and I've never been one to spend much time in the sun, but what do I know about the Godly way of taking care of my skin, right?:BLAZER: 

Did you use a lot of ebil sunscreen that Lori hates?

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Did Ken admit, to spanking his sons for 45 minutes to a hour at a time?? 

@Koala can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember @Ken telling us that he and Lori had some different ideas on punishment.  I think I recall him saying that he used time outs more where Lori liked to spank hit.   I also think I recall that not long after that Lori posted about how they never used time outs (or maybe it was right before).

2 hours ago, Koala said:

She hasn't been able to get to them, because her family has been stressing her the fuck out. 

Is she saying what her family is doing?  Is there something we need to worry about with a family member or is Lori just being Lori?

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

Something really fun you could do that I did for my cousin when she was pregnant, was to sign up the baby for Amazon book boxes! I did three boxes, and had them delivered every other month, and started sending them after baby was here. I think he got three or four books in each box, and they were all really fun titles that I picked out, and I hadn't heard of a lot of the books. It's so fun to read with babies of any age, and these were all age appropriate and hard to destroy (also important!) I think each box was like 20.00? So not inexpensive but it was fun for them to get the boxes in the mail, and get pictures of them opening the box with the baby.

There are other baby/child book subscription boxes, I just went with Amazon because it really was easiest for me and the price point was good.

I love the Amazon box idea! Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library mails a child one free book every month until the age of 5. It’s a great way to build up a library. Here is the link to check availability in your area: https://imaginationlibrary.com/

We can afford books, but I loved this program because many of the books I received for DS were authors with whom I wasn’t familiar. DS has always loved books and as he grew, he looked forward to getting them each month. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I love the Amazon box idea! Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library mails a child one free book every month until the age of 5. It’s a great way to build up a library. Here is the link to check availability in your area: https://imaginationlibrary.com/

We can afford books, but I loved this program because many of the books I received for DS were authors with whom I wasn’t familiar. DS has always loved books and as he grew, he looked forward to getting them each month. 

Thanks for the suggestions @Cat Damon and @Frog99   I signed the baby up for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.   I figured I can donate a few dollars a few times a year.

I am going to check out the amazon boxes.  I didn't even realize they were a thing.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

we can totally make this a 'recommend kids books and their ilk' post.

I had a 'give a book instead of a card' baby shower recently and I might have given 5.
(My kid voted for Matthew Van Fleet's book "Tails", 2nded by 'the day the babies crawled away' by Peggy Rathman)

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, dawbs said:

we can totally make this a 'recommend kids books and their ilk' post.

I had a 'give a book instead of a card' baby shower recently and I might have given 5.
(My kid voted for Matthew Van Fleet's book "Tails", 2nded by 'the day the babies crawled away' by Peggy Rathman)

My kids did that and I thought it was such a great idea.  I had never heard of it before, but I guess it's a thing?

They asked the guests to write on the inside book cover whatever they would have put on a card so the baby will have personalized messages in all those books.

I got this book for her for xmas:

https://amzn.to/31r5h7m

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Did you use a lot of ebil sunscreen that Lori hates?

Not when I was a teen, unfortunately. But once I got past that stage, yes, whenever I went to the beach or sat outside in the sun for longer than half an hour. I wasn't religious about it, though, I'd forget sometimes. I don't use it at all now, since I never go to the beach (all those Jezebels in thongs, dontcha know! :laughing-rolling: ), and I prefer sitting in the shade thanks to those damned hot flashes. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 11

So she posted a video yesterday and two videos today. I didn’t hear any real joy in those videos about how she “helps” her family- more like “woe is me”. 
Per Lori, Alyssa had a kidney infection after the baby’s birth. I wonder if there were other complications and Lori’s motherhood posts are passive aggressive swipes at Alyssa. 
Ryan and Erin moved to a new home so Lori had to watch the kids for a week because they were so busy and stressed. 
And Lori has just returned from spending time at Cassi’s- a 2BR apartment (tiny, per Lori) shared by two adults and three children. And when Lori stays, she’s in the room with the kids. Naturally, Lori felt it necessary to post a video about keeping a clean and tidy home because then- no matter the size- it will be beautiful. Of course, she had to remark about her own kitchen remodel. Sorry, Cassi. Maybe you wouldn’t be the subject of a passive aggressive video if you hadn’t forgotten the potatoes. 
seriously, though- I think Cassi is the most at risk financially. And probably even emotionally. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

It seems like Lori has written posts about how unnecessary “date night” is in a marriage. Also, has she written about “me time”?

For as much as she watches her grandkids, she sure is giving her kids a lot of me time and date nights. I have no doubt Lori would chastise any other young mom who spent so much time away from her kids. As for Ryan and Erin needing a sitter because they were moving, Lori would likely tell any other young couple they need to be content in the house they have. I wonder if Erin’s income helped to pay for their new house. Working women always want bigger and better things, ya know.  

As for Lori’s hair, maybe a little smoothing serum or other product would help tame that fly away look she’s got going on. Garnier makes a nice smoothing serum that smells like coconut,  if she’s willing to slum it and buy from a discount store. If she wants high end, Redken Water Wax or Redken Rewind are good products. 

• Upvote 16

Whew! I just read a bunch of posts!

whoever said they liked Nickelback...as far as I am concerned, they're in the top 5 best live shows EVER (and I've seen a bunch). I've seen them 3-4 times and had a blast every time. Even Mr. Xtian loved them live and he was SO a metal head. 

Lori...shut the fuck up bitch...you're stressed out? Come be me for a fucking day...like today. Got up, picked up my son from his hotel to bring him here so I could "relax" a bit before my husband's FUNERAl, then after I wiped the tears enough to see to drive again, drove stepkids to where their rental car broke down (all the way the fuck on the east goddamn side of the city). THEN it was off to dinner with the family, now catching up on New Amsterdam shows. 

But...I FUCKING BURIED MY HUSBAND TODAY AND managed to not to fall apart (well...I mean...I did but I gathered my shit back up and went on). Was even laughing with my family tonight at dinner...it was just what I needed, kids/stepkids/grandkids/sister in law and mother in law, all sitting at a long table, laughing and enjoying each other's company together for the first time in many, many years. Unlike Lori, my family keeps me going, keeps me together. I am loved just as hard as I love them. Lori, do you know that feeling? Do you know the feeling of knowing that your kids have your back no matter what? Do you know the feeling that your kids would pretty much die for you? Do you know the feeling that your kids would never let anything bad happen to you? Has your granddaughter ever learned how to say "I love you Nona" in English just for you? (My granddaughter is from Mongolia and doesn't really speak English yet) Have you ever had your grandson and granddaughter crawl in your lap together and hug you while you cry? Have you? No? Well lady, you ain't LIVED at all bitch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 35

I work from home - I write. My kids all go to public school but even so, it's really hard to juggle everything. I'm lucky in that I don't have a deadline or anything like that because if I did, I would be screwed. I'm fairly disorganised and I suck at keeping on top of housework and stuff, and I haven't finished a book in months. If we were relying on my income to feed us, we'd starve. Lori seems to be under the impression that working from home is easy, but that's only because she hasn't done it. It's impossible to be fully present as a mother while also fully present at "work". I can't even write at all when my kids are home because they come and stand beside me and want to chat, want to show me stuff, make heaps of noise, play loudly, fight... the list goes on. They want my attention. I'm sure it's not different for any other work at home job. I actually found it easier to keep on top of everything when I was going out to work. Lori infuriates me.

• Upvote 14

13 hours ago, Curious said:

My kids did that and I thought it was such a great idea.  I had never heard of it before, but I guess it's a thing?

They asked the guests to write on the inside book cover whatever they would have put on a card so the baby will have personalized messages in all those books.

I got this book for her for xmas:

https://amzn.to/31r5h7m

My sister did the "book as a card" thing for me - 16 years ago! I just went through all our baby/toddler books and the only ones I saved were the ones with messages from family and friends. (My youngest is 7, it was passed time to purge the books!)

One of the books I loved for my kids was Pat-A-Cake.It is a sesame street book and has all the little baby games and instructions for the adults on how to play them. :)https://www.amazon.com/Cake-Other-First-Sesame-Beginnings/dp/0375815570/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Pat-A-Cake+and+Other+First+Baby+Games&qid=1571412058&s=books&sr=1-1 

5 hours ago, KDA said:

I work from home - I write. My kids all go to public school but even so, it's really hard to juggle everything. I'm lucky in that I don't have a deadline or anything like that because if I did, I would be screwed. I'm fairly disorganised and I suck at keeping on top of housework and stuff, and I haven't finished a book in months. If we were relying on my income to feed us, we'd starve. Lori seems to be under the impression that working from home is easy, but that's only because she hasn't done it. It's impossible to be fully present as a mother while also fully present at "work". I can't even write at all when my kids are home because they come and stand beside me and want to chat, want to show me stuff, make heaps of noise, play loudly, fight... the list goes on. They want my attention. I'm sure it's not different for any other work at home job. I actually found it easier to keep on top of everything when I was going out to work. Lori infuriates me.

my friend is a project manager that works from home. When her kids are on break, she says it is super hard. Sometimes when they come home from school she has a sign on the door "SHHH conference call" so the kids know not to disturb her. It is nice, she can pick up sick kids from school without much interruption to her schedule, she even helped me out when my teen had a migraine, she picked her up, dropped her off at my house. (She lives in our school district, I work 30 minutes away. It took her 15 minutes to complete a task that would have taken me at least an hour)

Some of the state employees here can work from home but they have very strict rules such as no children under 11 can be at home while you are working and all the computers have timing mechanisms on them so the bosses can see if the person is working or not. I would still love to work from home. My commute would be a breeze, bus stop back to my office. I wouldn't have to get out of work early (use vacation time) to attend sporting events for my kids, etc. I would miss some of my co-workers but I could deal with it :D

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, KDA said:

Lori's idea of working from home will likely include the famous Duggar buddy system, where the older kids take care of the younger. So younger kids taken care off, housework and homeschool taken care off, etc. And than you have with these kids a lot of hands to do the work, like Nicole Naugler, where her older kids also work in her grooming business. And that way, you could work from home and have a Lori- like life all the same time.

I couldn't work from home. At home I'm in a different mindset than I'm at work. I can't switch into that mindset at home, I tried. Home is the place to be lazy, to lounge in my underwear on the couch and talk to my dog. That would not good, if I had work to do.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

People who say things like this have never been a kid who had a belt taken to them, or a paddle or - yeah, no -  Because it isn't Only a 'spanking' they also scream and scold.   They don't just walk in and beat on you - they scream and scold before and after. 

100%  I was just joking and perhaps in poor taste....but I was making a point about how painful his lecturing is..

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Today,  Lori pays homage to this woman on twitter. Lori says she has "no idea if she's a Christian or not" but then uses random scriptures taken out of context and puts them next to every one of her points.  

Oh!  And look,  the post is GONE from Lori's blog literally AS I'M TYPING THIS! 

Amazing. 

I was going to suggest that Lori look into what else this woman believes before she turns her leg humpers onto resisting domestic abuse...but it's too late.  

D93DA8E5-D40C-485F-82C1-0D89EE56AC10.png

• Upvote 10

She said "unbiblical" things,  so Lori had to remove it. 

Yeah.  

F49E406D-3609-44C2-82E1-43AACAE5F418.png

I will stop after this one.  I promise.  I can't resist.  

Maybe Lori SHOULD heed this woman's advice: 

A00CBCE7-C4EF-4999-9093-2D32E7B259D5.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic