IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

Oooo! I also ordered a Tosh stash a couple weeks ago. 70% off? Time for a sweater quantity. I really hope they aren't going under, but the signs aren't good. Madelinetosh was my gateway luxury yarn. One knitter I follow always says ripping back to fix mistakes gives you more value for your yarn, because you enjoy it longer.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

My theory for Lori’s Kanye post? She showed her true racist self on Twitter yesterday and wants people to see that she’s not racist. 

She’s not. 

Seriously, NOT RACIST. 

She just held a Black man up as a Godly example, you guys!!

She is totally not a racist! Heh  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, kpmom said:

What got her talking about Kanye?

He's a man and he's putting down immodest women. Two of Lori's favorite topics. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The role model for modesty.  Has Lori completely lost her mind and grasping for fiber-optically thin straws for a celebrity to latch onto supporting her views.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 3.14.22 PM.png

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

He's a man and he's putting down immodest women. Two of Lori's favorite topics. 

Putting down his own wife even though he's the one who encouraged her to be sexy.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Putting down his own wife even though he's the one who encouraged her to be sexy.

And I don't believe for a hot Kanye second that Kim K is going to start wearing prairie dresses, loose fitting tops with high necklines and non-see-through tops.  Aint's gonna happen in this lifetime. 

And if it does, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

I feel like I'm the only person on this site who actually likes Kanye, so just a bit of perspective: he has recently undergone what appears to be a very genuine religious conversion/revival. His next album is reportedly completely Christ-centered and free of vulgar lyrics. His wife, Kim, and their children have been baptized as well. I am fairly certain this is responsible for his "change of heart" but he is absolutely not putting down anyone, his wife or otherwise. He is openly and honestly expressing the way he feels, not attempting to control or change his wife. This quote is being taken out of context and twisted to suit Lori's purposes. If I understand correctly, he is also not referring to her outfit at the Met Gala, but rather to sexy pictures posted on Instagram, which happen to have been much rarer lately.

In regards to that dress, you'll notice that Kanye is wearing a simple black Dickie's jumpsuit. He said that previously, Kim had been his plus-one at a Met Gala and this time, she had her own invitation and he wanted to step back and let her have the spotlight. If you know anything about some of Kanye and his ego's antics, this is a huge deal for him. Not only is he supporting her, he's putting her first. It's just ridiculous to say he's putting down his wife because he's expressing that his attitudes towards the ultra-sexy look she's known for have changed. It's also worth noting that he has two daughters and is fully aware of the way the men they're likely to be around will perceive them and treat them in the future.

A recent clip from what I believe to be Keeping Up with the Kardashians depicts a direct conversation between Kanye and Kim about this exact issue, and she tells him that just because he's on a particular spiritual journey and his attitudes are changing doesn't mean she's in the same place. He appears to accept this answer. I admire the man greatly as an artist and lately as a person, and while I don't expect that to get me any popularity points around here, it's kind of bullshit to say he's putting his wife down.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

My theory for Lori’s Kanye post? She showed her true racist self on Twitter yesterday and wants people to see that she’s not racist. 

She’s not. 

Seriously, NOT RACIST. 

She just held a Black man up as a Godly example, you guys!!

She is totally not a racist! Heh  

Didn't she one time say she had a friend who was black?  Or maybe it was she knew someone who was black?  Something like that.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

I feel like I'm the only person on this site who actually likes Kanye

You might be, I can't stand him. Until he renounces hs Trump love, I have no use for him. Just a sellout. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

You might be, I can't stand him. Until he renounces hs Trump love, I have no use for him. Just a sellout. 

Right.  Not only does he support Trump, but he has some idiotic views and has said some idiotic things.  Until he backtracks those I have no respect for him.

Spoiler

dumb-west12.jpg.756940c2f7cc8a26b3835fd12c38d912.jpg

• Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 2

to the poster named KAK on Lori's blog . . . 

I've noticed you've been a loyal poster for a long time, but recently have begun to slightly disagree (within bounds) with Lori's message, or at least her delivery. 

I urge you to see through her own hypocrisy, flimsy arguments, and harmful messages. 

You can still be Christian and not 100% follow Lori. In fact, you can still be a *conservative* Christian and not follow Lori at all.

She isn't the end all be all of Godly older woman wisdom (please -- reach out and talk to other happily married older women in your Church), and she attracts evil men who do not love their wives the way the Bible says.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

She once had a black person in line ahead of her at the grocery store, so she has broad experience with a diverse group of people.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

There is some SEVERE crazy going on over on Instagram. She posts a children’s book because it promotes God’s message but then won’t share the title of the book because it does not promote God’s message.  ?

Someone did ask why she reads the book to her grandkids if she does not agree with it. No answer yet. 

49C391EF-82FD-471A-9729-DEB2D2892A97.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Clarity
  • Upvote 13

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

There is some SEVERE crazy going on over on Instagram. She posts a children’s book because it promotes God’s message but then won’t share the title of the book because it does not promote God’s message.  ?

Someone did ask why she reads the book to her grandkids if she does not agree with it. No answer yet. 

49C391EF-82FD-471A-9729-DEB2D2892A97.jpeg

The book is He Bear She Bear - if you want it read to you someone has it on youtube: 

Of course Lori wouldn't like it, it shows a man knitting, a woman doctor, women construction workers, etc. It doesn't focus on "women can do everything men can do" it focuses on all different occupations and how males and females can do either profession. The bears even talk about the things they could do together. We all know how Lori thinks men and women can't have complementary relationships! ?

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

he has recently undergone what appears to be a very genuine religious conversion/revival. His next album is reportedly completely Christ-centered and free of vulgar lyrics. His wife, Kim, and their children have been baptized as well.

You know, I will admit I was/am skeptical. But if all this is true....good for him and his family.  It is not my place to judge someone's authentic spiritual journey.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Liza said:

I know I am not alone in thinking Lori is losing it.  This from twitter today:

952583974_losingit.JPG.fb8f407336f05cf157ff8801ac6a3dd5.JPG

:my_confused: Well, she does have a point.  If a nursery rhyme said it (when she was growing up, no less) it MUST be true. 

Seriously, when you realize that the Kanye post, the Berenstain Bears post, and this were all made within a 24 hour period, you start to get a really clear picture of how Lori's mind operates. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

On 10/10/2019 at 2:26 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

I love that you mention the need of sleep.  The very definition of a "need" is something that is necessary.  A person becomes ill and mentally unstable after excessive hours of sleep deprivation...no one becomes ill from lack of sex.  Sleep is one of four vital necessities to life:  food, water, shelter, sleep.  Sex is not a need.  Is it nice to have? Of course it is.  Does it make for a good relationship?  Generally, yes.  I still have to wonder about situations with paraplegics or folks who do not have the ability to have intercourse.  I can only assume they expect that person to perform in other methods.  Or would the men get a lifetime pass at on outside source?  

For some reason, since I have been feeling less and less well over the last year Lori has been harder and harder for me to read.  I was intrigued by the thread title so came to check it out.

My husband does not *expect* any sort of sexual gratification from me.  I would guess he's not an anomaly when it comes to spouses of people who are unable to have PiV sex due to medical reasons because most men don't want to have sex with someone in pain and don't think it's a right/need to have sex. 

One wonders how these men who expect to be "given" sex on demand survived until they were married.  How did they not simply implode from lack of sex up to that point?

I was talking to my BFF yesterday and we got on the topic of affairs somehow.  It's something I've given a fair bit of thought because I do feel my husband got more than he signed up for when we got together.  I had had my first spine surgery but was supposed to make a full recovery and be better, stronger, happier than before.   By the time we both realized not only was that not going to be true, but I was going to have significant pain issues and be permanently disabled we had passed the point where either of us wanted to break things off for that reason alone (ie: we loved each other).   I was 29 and he was 32 at the time.  We have been together for 22 years and married for 18.

I can't say how I would react for certain, but I think I would be ok if I found out he was having an affair that was mainly for sex (ie: not a ton of emotional involvement).  I would hope it was with someone who was single because I think my being ok with it in my situation doesn't make it ok to potentially cause problems in another relationship if that makes sense.

I wouldn't want it thrown in my face, but if it was something casual that didn't have him leaving me without care for days at a time, I think I would cope...or learn to.

I also think he would likely be horrified if I ever brought that up and upset that I had given it any thought, let alone as much as I have.

Over the years I've known a fair number of disabled people or couples with a disabled partner where the healthy spouse is a caretaker for the disabled one.   One time about 20 years ago now probably I was fairly good friends with the caretaker wife of a terminal (not necessarily immediately, but they knew he wouldn't be living to a ripe old age) man, who I knew nominally.   One time she asked me if my husband resented having to take care of me and do so much for me.  At that point, I hadn't been disabled all that long and was still kind of finding my own "new" normal and the thought had never even occurred to me that he might be resentful.   

I thought about it for a couple of days and then asked him.  He was livid that she would have asked me something so insensitive and put those kinds of thoughts into my head.  So I'm pretty sure if I said "so I have been thinking and if you want to have sex with someone else I'd be ok with it" would probably not be well received either.

If I was feeling better, I might try it just to see what kind of reaction I'd get :evil-laugh:.  He's pretty worried right now with my current spine stuff so I don't think he'd take it very well right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 21

50 minutes ago, Koala said:

:my_confused: Well, she does have a point.  If a nursery rhyme said it (when she was growing up, no less) it MUST be true. 

But isn't love optional according to Lori?  Love isn't a feeling, she said. Its a choice to obey and submit.  Channeling, Tina Turner "What's love got to do with it? What's love but a second hand emotion....?"

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

With Lori, it's more like "First comes a checklist, then comes a wedding, then you sabotage your birth control so you can lay about at home and nap." Unfortunately that doesn't rhyme very well. Love doesn't come into it at all, since Lori doesn't really understand what love is.

I'm currently doing a mystery knit-a-long on a shawl designed by *gasp* a MAN! (Though I'm sure Lori would be horrified by more than the fact that he is male - Stephen West is pretty amazing.)  ((Also, my first time knitting brioche and it's nearly 350 stitches. pray for me.))

On Kanye, I'm skeptical. Lately he's seemed more and more like watching a slo-mo car crash, TBH. He's talented, but seems to be grasping desperately at straws lately, trying to find something bigger to attach himself to. I hope he's getting good mental health treatment because from the outside he looks like he needs that.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

@SongRed7 a lot of people believe that, I actually had CS Lewis's interpretation of that sentiment at my wedding two months ago. CS Lewis talks about the choice being a quieter kind of loyal, steady love, but falling in love as an explosion that starts it all off. 

ie: "you fall in love due to feelings, you keep the marriage alive by a choice to keep your vows" & "you won't always have good feelings towards your spouse, but you will always choose to love them" 

Meanwhile, Lori twists that very beautiful sentiment to mean stick with abusers, always make the choice to be submissive, feelings don't matter and should be squashed, all marriages can operate on choice alone, etc. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Liza said:

I know I am not alone in thinking Lori is losing it.  This from twitter today:

952583974_losingit.JPG.fb8f407336f05cf157ff8801ac6a3dd5.JPG

Oh hell.  I'm around Lori's age, and we kids also recited Ring Around the Rosie, which I learned later was about the plague, and London Bridge is Falling Down, which might have been about a Viking attack, or about human sacrifice (apparently no one is sure)!! 

And, of course don't forget all those Grimm Brothers fairy tales we were read to at bedtime about wolves eating grandmothers, and witches cooking kids in their ovens.

But, yes Lori, let's take our life lessons from those sweet, innocent little nursery rhymes.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

But isn't love optional according to Lori?  Love isn't a feeling, she said. Its a choice to obey and submit.  Channeling, Tina Turner "What's love got to do with it? What's love but a second hand emotion....?"

Exactly.  Lori admitted she did not love Ken when they got married, so she didn't follow that nursery rhyme at all!  Plus, why would you model your life after a nursery rhyme anyway?

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic