• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
smittykins

Weird Internet binges you’ve been on

Meh
smittykins

Lately, I’ve been reading and watching a lot about tiny houses and school-bus-to-RV conversions.  Admittedly, they would be kind of fun; I lived in efficiency/studio apartments for over 20 years, so the lack of space wouldn’t faze me. But as someone with a disability, I can’t do ladders, steps without railings, or lofts(I do know there are companies which manufacture accessible THs).  Plus, since I don’t drive, a bus would make absolutely no sense.

Oh well, I can dream, can’t I? 😛

Tired
Destiny

Hours and hours of how to become a catholic nun.

... I’m married and not Catholic.

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

The labor unions of the early 20th century. There was a documentary on PBS about the Bisbee Deportation, and I ended up reading about it, the IWW, Big Bill Heywood, the Western Federation of Miners, Harry Orchard, the assassination of former Governor Frank Steunenberg (and the subsequent trial with William Borah on one side and Clarence Darrow on the other), and a little bit about the AFL-CIO to top it off. Some of the stuff I remembered from US History, some of it was new. And either my teacher got it wrong, about Harry Orchard being involved with the Wobblies, or I remembered it wrong. 

Once I got enough information to satisfy my curiosity, I was finished. It didn't lead to any new rabbit holes. 🐰

Meh
smittykins

Moar weird:  employee training videos, including this loss-prevention-in -the-fitting-room from Ames(defunct discount department store chain)featuring Rappin’ Grandma!