IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

So am I the only one who thinks this was all about publicity? I would bet this is more about Derrick wanting to push Jill away from the Duggar brand more than anything and getting publicity at the same time. I am sure this was all Derrick’s idea. I highly doubt that Jill had even heard of the kama sutra. I think this is all about Derrick as their entire marriage has seemed to be all about Derrick. I wonder what the next publicity stunt will be. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

23 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So am I the only one who thinks this was all about publicity? I would bet this is more about Derrick wanting to push Jill away from the Duggar brand more than anything and getting publicity at the same time. I am sure this was all Derrick’s idea. I highly doubt that Jill had even heard of the kama sutra. I think this is all about Derrick as their entire marriage has seemed to be all about Derrick. I wonder what the next publicity stunt will be. 

Yes. We were just coming off what, three baby girl announcements from her Sister in laws? Jill has always been an attention whore and this fulfills that. Her terrible recipes and sex "advice" probably get her the most clicks and we now know this was for a sponsorship. Shes just trying different ways to get noticed while still remaining the hateful fundie she is. 

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yes. We were just coming off what, three baby girl announcements from her Sister in laws? Jill has always been an attention whore and this fulfills that. Her terrible recipes and sex "advice" probably get her the most clicks and we now know this was for a sponsorship. Shes just trying different ways to get noticed while still remaining the hateful fundie she is. 

Perhaps I'm a bit of a prude, but I keep thinking what kind of woman posts about her sexuality for $$s?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

what kind of woman posts about her sexuality for $$s?

A daughter of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. Who had her entire life sold to TLC and was taught that any attention or life event shared equals more cash. 

• Upvote 29

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Perhaps I'm a bit of a prude, but I keep thinking what kind of woman posts about her sexuality for $$s?

Lots of kinds of women do, some good women and some bad women and some in between women, just like any other way to make money in this world.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

In the right context and for the right audience, it’s absolutely fine. But Jill’s family emphasizes modesty to an extreme, which makes that post stand out because there’s nothing modest about it. It’s her choice to discuss sex on her SM, but she could do so in far more subtle ways that would fit better with her  family-friendly, conservative image. If she was looking to change her image, she picked a rather abrupt way to go about it. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I don't really know what sex advice Jill gave (And I don't wanna), but she might be third to J-Rod and Michelle in the list of people I don't want to tell me about their sex lives. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Sometimes, I naively hope that Jill is just awkwardly stumbling through what most of us lived through in our late teens/early 20s in college and she doesn't have the benefit of being surrounded by other young, single people who drink and party and do silly things on social media. And that maybe, just maybe, like the way even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, maybe one day she stumbles into a more normal life.

Then I come to my senses, obviously.

But still, I think that there is something to be said for her fertility slowing down, having a reasonable # of children with a reasonable spacing. Her husband is a tool, but maybe with only a couple of kids there is some hope of a semi-normal life. Compare that to Jessa and Joy just popping out kids like skittles from Jill's sexy dates and is that really better?

• Upvote 29

Jill as a sex blogger does seem more entertaining than Jill as a food blogger. Even though both are pretty unappetizing, lol. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 37

I can’t figure Jill out. When she first got married, I thought she was the most drenched in fundie koolaid of all the second generation and she’d be popping out babies at a Michelle-like rate. Obviously the c-sections put a limit on that, but even so, her life now is not what I expected 5 years ago. I remember hearing about Derrick and his whole college-educated! working-mom! background and hoping he would take Jill somewhere less fundie. Then we saw more of him and he revealed himself to be a total tool who we all loathe. So I kind of assumed Jill would continue to be the sickly sweet doormat wife. And she HAS but he also has taken her to pants-wearing, nose-pierced, Kamasutra-reading places I did not expect. I just have no idea what might come next. A Jill thread is hot and I don’t immediately jump to “pregnancy announcement”, which is something. I do wonder if they’re actively preventing and if Jill has been convinced that’s ok. But I also can’t say I’d be surprised if she DID announce another pregnancy tomorrow.

I think I’ve settled on “Jill is a follower” and she goes wherever Derrick goes, so I guess the key to whether that will ever be out of fundieland lies with the likelihood of him leaving the cult. He’s always been on the fringes.

Also, I remember pregnancy and breastfeeding wreaking havoc with my libido, so maybe Jillymuffin is enjoying herself more because she’s not knocked up. Pure speculation of course.

• Upvote 30

11 hours ago, socalrules said:

This thought 100% crossed my mind too. Even with her recent changes this felt out of character for her but 110% the type of stunt that Dwreck would pull. It seemed like more of a "look at us we are still relevant!" Than a "hey couples here's a blog post on some games that might spice up your life."

I feel for Jill, I really truly do and I think that if she was out of her environment and given the opportunity to just relax and be Jill not Wrecks Wifey, not a Citrus and Lemon promoter, not a trying to be mommy blogger but Just Jill she could probably be at the very least tolerable or even likable. 

• Upvote 12

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I don't think  this post was intended to shame sex workers (or at least I hope not), but in this situation there's a great deal of irony. Jill and other fundies condemn women who defraud men, and would (at best) see sex workers as victims in need of rescue. Meanwhile here's Modest Jilly Muffin getting paid to advertise bedroom games. I guess it's ok to talk about sex in the context of a heterosexual church sanctioned marriage, but anybody else who deals with 'sensual content' is a hellbound defrauder.

Also ironic, homophobic Derek with the rainbow on his cheek. There are some good meme and trolling oppurtunities there.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think a poster on the Bateseseses board posted a link to this bikini so maybe it is because of that.

That makes a lot of sense but it still made me giggle that might be what turns Dwreck on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I don't think  this post was intended to shame sex workers (or at least I hope not), but in this situation there's a great deal of irony. Jill and other fundies condemn women who defraud men, and would (at best) see sex workers as victims in need of rescue. Meanwhile here's Modest Jilly Muffin getting paid to advertise bedroom games. I guess it's ok to talk about sex in the context of a heterosexual church sanctioned marriage, but anybody else who deals with 'sensual content' is a hellbound defrauder.

You said it better than I did - thank you.  I wasn't trying to shame sex workers but Jill's post struck me as very hypocritical. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Smee said:

I think I’ve settled on “Jill is a follower” and she goes wherever Derrick goes, so I guess the key to whether that will ever be out of fundieland lies with the likelihood of him leaving the cult. He’s always been on the fringes.

I guess I see Derick as a bit of a zealot. He really loves the persecuted Christian martyr role and I'm 100% sure he wants to be a lawyer to prosecute culture wars for the Christian right. But he's definitely not a Gothardite and I think the legalistic Duggar rules (skirts vs pants etc) seem unimportant to him. It's more your dedication to the cause that counts with him I think. So being (or trying to be) relatable seems like a good tool for evangelizing, hence Jill's new Christian influencer gig. She likes being popular and approved of so it works for them both. Sex seems like a great clickbait topic for them. "God approves of sex! *for married Christian heterosexuals

Michelle sort of used it when she wrote her advice post on sex (joyfully available blah blah) and lots of sites ran with "fundie reality star talks sex life". This is the next step in that direction. 

• Upvote 11

Jill has been doing some kind of sex life bible study. I think she got some of the game ideas from that group.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 3

My gut feeling (no, I don't have evidence to back this up) is that there has been some/a lot of confrontation between her husband and her father. That has been hard for her to handle. Technically the authority over her has been transfered to her husband - and she's well aware of that - but she's also daddys girl. I think that made her very unsecure and confused for a while. Now she's totally on the Dillard train. For good or for bad, it means that she's more stable as a person. Do I think that some of her ideas are actually Dwrecks? Of course. But they are Dillard ideas, not Duggar ideas. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

@xenobia I agree, and I think it went south after Derick did that live insta  story thing in the big house without their permission. 

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

His braces are off.  

They're still on in that horrifying photo above? Or did he post about it more recently? I never look at his trash socials. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

@xenobia I agree, and I think it went south after Derick did that live insta  story thing in the big house without their permission. 

What live insta thing?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

My gut feeling (no, I don't have evidence to back this up) is that there has been some/a lot of confrontation between her husband and her father. That has been hard for her to handle. Technically the authority over her has been transfered to her husband - and she's well aware of that - but she's also daddys girl. I think that made her very unsecure and confused for a while. Now she's totally on the Dillard train. For good or for bad, it means that she's more stable as a person. Do I think that some of her ideas are actually Dwrecks? Of course. But they are Dillard ideas, not Duggar ideas. 

She has seemed a lot closer to Cathy lately.  I think Jill needs a strong parental figure to pull her identity from because she never learned how to critically think for herself and be her own person.  That was JB before she got married, and I think she tried to pull her identity from Derick immediately after marriage, but he was not a fan of having to provide her with minute direction on how to live her life (she's alluded to this being the case a few times).   Then she was lost, unable to pull from JB, unable to pull from Derick, and unable to provide herself with direction.

Now, she's found Cathy as a parental mentor that she can model herself after and pull her identity from.  Jill likes this because she finally has someone else to provide her with direction so she doesn't have to think for herself too much.  Derick likes this because Jill is basically becoming a younger version of his own beloved mother now and shares his close bond with Cathy.  

It is what it is, but I don't necessarily hate it.  I think Jill and the older girls completely missed out on having a mother, especially in their pre-teen and teenage years, and I think this may have impacted Jill's ability to be able to find her own identity as an adult woman.  She knows how to be a mother, she knows how to be a child under a headship, but she's struggled to figure out how to be a wife and quasi-autonomous woman.  So I think having that mentor/mother-figure in Cathy may provide a lot of the mentoring that Jill needed and Michelle was too checked out to provide.

I don't particularly care for Cathy as a person from what I've seen of her, but as a mother or mother-figure, she's leagues above Michelle. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic