IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

According to responses on Derelict's latest IG post, Jill supposedly took some bible classes at a place called Boyce College three years ago (which would have been while they were in Danger America). I'm not sure I buy it.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

According to responses on Derelict's latest IG post, Jill supposedly took some bible classes at a place called Boyce College three years ago (which would have been while they were in Danger America). I'm not sure I buy it.

Online classes? Training before the Central America stint?

Here's their Programs of Study page. Would you like to get a Bachelor of Arts in BIBLE or a Bachelor of Science in BIBLE?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 1

He said she took classes 3 years ago, which puts them smack dab in the middle of their stint in El Salvador.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I guess that when she wasn't baking banana bread for Catholic infidels she was keeping busy studying....uh...WS 211, "The Role of Women in Ministry."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

The classes are online. Jill could have taken them. Maybe she didn’t want to make a big deal out of it or maybe she just likes to keep some things to herself. Or maybe she didn’t tell anyone because she thought her parents might give her grief.  Who knows.  My theology classes were some of the hardest classes I took in college, though my college’s denomination ordained women and we sat through all the same classes as the men.  I have no idea about the rigor, but it does lead me to believe that if Jill wants to go to college, Derek is supportive of that.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I do vaguely recall Jill studying/writing some kind of paper that was not midwifery-related awhile back. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

@singsingsing, I remember that, too. I believe it was Bible study/theology of some sort. I am actually impressed Jill showed the initiative to study the Bible on her own without just deferring to Daddy dearest and her headship on all her Bible questions. No doubt, I hate the slant that her classes were offered from, and it's unlikely they were the most academically sound theology classes out there. However, if nothing else, I do appreciate Jill's desire and attempts to learn as much as her cult allows her. I don't think Derrick would be opposed to Jill taking college classes either. He's a fundie asshole, but I think "no college for wimmminz" is much more a JB thing than it is a Derrick thing. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I do vaguely recall Jill studying/writing some kind of paper that was not midwifery-related awhile back. 

Yup, I remember that post. Here it is:

Writing research papers for "Bible class" in October 2016. (She posted other things around the same time, like "studying #thetrinity with a #cappuccino" with a photo of a textbook, but this one mentions the class.) This was the era of constantly "visiting" Arkansas for weeks at a time. Also MAN BUNS.

Edited by nickelodeon
man buns
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 8

I am currently working part time for a female anglican vicar and she is cray cray 

if Jill becomes a woman pastor or vicar  

that would be hilarious. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nst said:

I am currently working part time for a female anglican vicar and she is cray cray 

that would be hilarious. 

That will NEVER happen, in evangelical circles women so NOT become pastors or even elders or deacons, as they are lowly women who cannot lead a  man in ANY way shape or form.  

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That will NEVER happen, in evangelical circles women so NOT become pastors or even elders or deacons, as they are lowly women who cannot lead a  man in ANY way shape or form.  

Evangelical is a pretty broad grouping and there are plenty of Evangelical churches that ordain women.

I've attended churches that had women pastors and churches that wouldn't let women do anything resembling leadership over men, and both types were churches that would fall under the "Evangelical" label.

Still, I really can't imagine Jill going so far as to become a pastor.

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, meee said:

OMG. I forgot about Derick's bun.

I watched Mulan over the weekend and the men’s hair reminded me of Derick’s man bun.

• Haha 14

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I watched Mulan over the weekend and the men’s hair reminded me of Derick’s man bun.

If Derick was a character in MuLan, he'd be Chi Fu.  This guy:

Spoiler

Chi_Fu_Mulan.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

3 hours ago, nst said:

that would be hilarious. 

It would be awesome, but it seems like Boyce College works pretty hard to prevent its lady students from being ordained. Note how in the Ministry Studies program, classes are gender segregated. Men take "Preaching I" while women take "Introduction to Public Speaking."

Personally I'd find it degrading as fuck to study in a program that only let me take "Weenie Hut Jr." classes, but at least it's SOMETHING.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Jilly Muff’s skooling was probably a halfhearted attempt to meet SBC requirements for legit missionaries, and then they could be funded by a sending church.  But it turns out that was actual work, so...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I’ve led a few around by the peNuz!

.....going to prayer closet.

• Haha 3

I love how he was like "she prob has more college credits than you." Like it matters. One look at their IGs prove that whatever it is they're doing...that ain't it.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Thecomments on that post are going off the rails. It's gone from Jill took classes in --------- to people congratulating her on her degree in theology and encouraging her to blog about how she finished her degree while being a full time mom. 

I'm sure Jill took some religion and theology courses, I think we can for the most part all agree that Jill has done some courses, can study and has demonstrated at least minimal interest in education. 

But I have no idea where anyone gets the idea that she completed a full college degree. I would love to see Derick set the record straight without vague responses but we know that won't happen. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Derick is using weasel words. I think few people who have actually graduated and gotten a degree would emphasize they have “more credits than you” rather than just saying they have a degree in XYZ. 

• Upvote 17

I've seen comments on the Duggar Family FB page that Jill and Jana were both RNs. 

Checking Derick's post...after a year in law school his arguments don't seem to have gotten much better.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

13 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Checking Derick's post...after a year in law school his arguments don't seem to have gotten much better.  

I would *love* to be a fly on the wall when he is in mock court...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

In all honesty, if I had to choose an adult Duggar woman who is most likely to earn a degree, it would be Jill.  It doesn’t appear that she is going to have a huge family, she clearly has the interest, and for all his faults Derek does seem to value higher education and would encourage her to go to college.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic