IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 2: Now with Archie

Coconut Flan

This is only my opinion. But to put their money where their mouths are, Harry and Meghan are getting to the stage where they need to renounce their royal titles and fade into obscurity. They can’t keep lashing out without actively doing something.
And I don’t mean suing more tabloids. 

• Upvote 5

I think Harry's current mental health is not well. Having a (relatively) new wife and a new child has probably brought up a lot of emotions again regarding the paparazzi invading his family's privacy. He can't easily ignore publicity - as a royal, that's part of his job. I also am fairly sure Meghan enjoys the attention. It would be best for him to renounce but I don't see him doing that so easily - he's always taken his duty as a royal seriously. 

I actually do like Meghan and Harry together but I can't see them lasting. I bet 5 years until a divorce on their wedding day. :( 

All my opinions only. 

10 hours ago, meep said:

I think Harry's current mental health is not well. Having a (relatively) new wife and a new child has probably brought up a lot of emotions again regarding the paparazzi invading his family's privacy. He can't easily ignore publicity - as a royal, that's part of his job. I also am fairly sure Meghan enjoys the attention. It would be best for him to renounce but I don't see him doing that so easily - he's always taken his duty as a royal seriously. 

I actually do like Meghan and Harry together but I can't see them lasting. I bet 5 years until a divorce on their wedding day. :( 

All my opinions only. 

Blind Gossip has a new and related post about Harry and Meghan.  I tend to think it's legit (though I roll my eyes at the idea that Harry's a thirtysomething manchild and Meghan's his puppeteer), since BG's previous Royal blinds generally become legit news within days or weeks: 

https://blindgossip.com/wounded-little-boy/

I have to wonder if some bad optics are coming down the pipe, or perhaps it's a warning to M & H.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, meep said:

I asked my daughter yesterday if she had a guess on how long this marriage would last.  Meghan's history of cut and run for almost everyone in her life and the trouble she's apparently having so early in the marriage do not look like omens for longevity.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOLing at the idea that Harry was ‘stoic’ and unemotional before Meghan came along and manipulated him into unleashing his ‘newfound anger’ in public. In what alternate universe? Oh blind gossip...

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Anyone else read the Remembrance Day posts on the official H & M Instagram? The post on the 10th about the Festival of Remembrance had nice text though I wasn't a fan of the picture of M & H grinning on a sad and sombre occasion.  I liked her coat - the fabric is gorgeous - but once again one of Meghan's celeb buddies makes gives her poor PR.  Stella McCartney, what were you thinking merching that coat on Remembrance Day?  

The 2014 USO tour picture was nice - though I LOL'ed a little at Kellie Pickler staring back at me from an official Royal insta.  I was a little surprised that there was no mention of Harry's service in any of their Remembrance Day posts.  That seemed in the past to be a huge part of his personal identity and PR.  

Slightly off topic... I thought Camilla, the Queen and Kate all looked really elegant up on the top balcony.  I thought the Cenotaph ceremony was well done by Harry, William and even Pedo Andrew.  

• Upvote 1

Ok then. Not going to be with the other Royals for Christmas. Given the age and health of old Phil, you would think that they would be there. Might be the last chance. Out of respect if nothing else.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-harry-meghan-markle-and-baby-archie-will-spend-christmas-alone/news-story/d0597f9295462d07915159ab224eca27

• I Agree 2

I mean, no one should be obligated to spend time with family if it's a toxic atmosphere, but it very well could be Phillip's last Christmas. 

However, William and Kate have spent holidays away from the royal family before, and so it isn't really out of character. It just seems more harsh because of the rough couple of months they've had. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They spent the last two Christmases with the royal family and they live very close by. Meghan's mother literally lives on a different continent. They have had plenty of Christmases with Philip. Not to be morbid, but it could always be anyone's last Christmas. I think I've said this before, but I actually don't really care for Meghan at all (just based on what I've seen of her), and yet I can't get over how ludicrous a lot of the criticism of her is.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I don’t think you have to spend every celebration with your older family members in case they die this/next year. Seems a bit morbid.

Kate and Wiliam got so much backlash for staying with her parents every other year for many years but it didn’t make them stop. They are in the lucky position that the Middletons are not far away and their new approach of being closer to the Queen is probably down to a shift in responsibilities/preparing for the future. 

So, Harry and Meghan should make sure that Archie can spend those times with both sides of the family. It just looks bad because their „break“ wasn’t received well. Interestingly, many of the more critical comments seem to think it’s good that they won’t be there and hope they won’t come back at all. Renouncing their titles and live a happy, rich life as celebrity humanitarians. And I have to admit, I start leaning in this direction more than ever. But who knows. It took Kate and Wiliam years to be in the public’s good books, so maybe if Harry and Meghan just hold on the tide will turn for them. But they don’t seem to be willing to wait for it. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think you have to spend every celebration with your older family members in case they die this/next year. Seems a bit morbid.

I hear that quite often in my circles.  People don't want to miss the next holiday it might be the last with whatever elderly relative.  Our parents are in the queen's general age group and there seems to be fear of the guilt that would occur should one bail on a gathering and it turned out to be their last.  I'm a bit the opposite as I don't spend holidays with my mother who is in a facility, but with my grandchildren.  It helps that I hadn't spent the holidays with my parents for over ten years before that.  The not missing the holiday is a quite common sentiment though.  

• Upvote 2

So The Sussex’s aren’t going to Sandringham this Christmas. It’s not unusual or outrageous in itself because the Windsor’s are a big family  with everyone having busy lives and other In-laws and scheduled to keep. Plus I believe most of them see the Queen and Duke regularly or keep in touch at least.  Usually it’s all an nonissue 

The reason why this example is troublesome is the pattern it represents:instead of Meghan becoming a True Duchess, a True Windsor family member and Embracing her adopted Culture as you would expect she is not progressing, not even apparently trying and possibly resisting and what’s worse Harry is Doing the same. 

• I Agree 1

The reason why this example is troublesome is the pattern it represents:instead of Meghan becoming a True Duchess, a True Windsor family member and Embracing her adopted Culture as you would expect she is not progressing, not even apparently trying and possibly resisting and what’s worse Harry is Doing the same. 

I don't know if not being in England for Christmas fits this pattern but it's for sure there especially if you compare her with other monarchs who were born in other countries. As far as I know Mary of Denmark and Maxima of Netherlands have fully embraced their new homecountry without wanting to have it both ways.
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Smash! said:

I don't know if not being in England for Christmas fits this pattern but it's for sure there especially if you compare her with other monarchs who were born in other countries. As far as I know Mary of Denmark and Maxima of Netherlands have fully embraced their new homecountry without wanting to have it both ways.

The big difference is: those women will be the actual Queens. Meghan’s role is much less important. Even with Charles or William as monarch, she has already peaked in terms of importance. 

While I think it’s sad if she won‘t embrace her new country (she is going to be a British citizen after all) more, it’s also pretty insignificant.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

She has such a pattern of cutting people out of her life so that when there are signs of friction with other members of Harry's family and lack of communication with them, it begins to look like she's pulling Harry into her way of dealing with things.  She hasn't shown a lot of ability to be willing to observe how things are done, accept it, and try to adapt and fit in.  Like her life prior to this, she seems to expect everyone to adapt to her and her expectations.  She had a somewhat pampered and catered to lifestyle before Harry and appears to have expected that to continue or to probably increase and her expectations do not appear to have been met.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

So The Sussex’s aren’t going to Sandringham this Christmas. It’s not unusual or outrageous in itself because the Windsor’s are a big family  with everyone having busy lives and other In-laws and scheduled to keep. Plus I believe most of them see the Queen and Duke regularly or keep in touch at least.  Usually it’s all an nonissue 

I think the way it came out is what's really strange and what set tongues wagging.  IIRC, there was no public statement in advance of William and Kate staying with her parents for Christmas - even though it's been reported that Charles was hurt by William's preference for the Middletons' home.  The BRF put out lots of careful "Middletons and BRF are one big family" PR, like Carole going to the church at Sandringham, or going for a ride with the Queen.  I'm not sure why H & M would make their Christmas plans public six weeks in advance, especially as it was sort of already implied by the timing of their six-week-break announcement.  

I think that people are focused on Prince Philip for a couple of reasons. Prince Philip supposedly took a close interest in both William and Harry after Princess Diana's death (ETA and supposedly had a close bond with Harry prior to the engagement).  Philip's also looking terribly frail lately, which is always sad to see in a man who was formerly so strong and vibrant.  Philip has many flaws, but he's been a constant for almost all living Britons, and it's sad to think about the inevitable change that's on the horizon.  

Edited by acheronbeach
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3

Phillip has lived a pretty amazing And influential life for nearly a hundred years And from all  we know of him being curtailed by his frailty must be awful and frustrating for him. Not to be morbid but it’s pretty likely when goes she will follow soon as so often happens. 

@Coconut Flan I only follow the royal family on FJ so I might be missing something, but who has Meghan cut out of her life aside from her father and siblings? I kind of understand that she made a cut after her father cooperated with the media repeatedly and her half brother and sister behaved appallingly. What I’m getting at is: Does she frequently cut people out of her life, or has she made this decision with three particular people only? 

On a different note: While I understand Meghan wants to return to the US and celebrate Christmas with her mother, I don’t think the decision is helping her at the moment. She’s under a lot of scrutiny, so some photos going to church with other members of the RF could be easy and positive publicity. Meghan’s mother once even participated in a royal engagement, I don’t see why she wouldn’t spend the holidays in Britain, visiting her daughter. (And Christmas in Sandringham does sound nice lol)  

• Upvote 1

I do understand how She may be apprehensive though. From all I understand Christmas at Sandringham is Royal Protocol times x 20. Everything is scheduled almost to the hour with no deviation from Breakfast to gift giving in a house that is cramped from floor to Ceiling with Royal relations who were born to this so Meghan will be under the gun to be the Duchess not the American. Stressful to say the least. 

But that said she can act right enough so she needs to wing it and adapt to the life she married into. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

@Coconut Flan I only follow the royal family on FJ so I might be missing something, but who has Meghan cut out of her life aside from her father and siblings? I kind of understand that she made a cut after her father cooperated with the media repeatedly and her half brother and sister behaved appallingly. What I’m getting at is: Does she frequently cut people out of her life, or has she made this decision with three particular people only? 

Andrew Morton wrote a section in his biography about her abandoning friends on the way up the Hollywood ladder, such as her first husband.  It's light on details, from the excerpts I read online.  Piers Morgan (barf) says she ghosted him.   She cut off her childhood BFF Nanaki Priddy for talking to the media.  She also hasn't publicly discussed or hung out with her niece since the engagement, a lawyer she used to feature on The Tig.   I've alluded to this before but a friend of mine told me she had a similar experience with Meghan in Toronto.  

• Thank You 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

On a different note: While I understand Meghan wants to return to the US and celebrate Christmas with her mother, I don’t think the decision is helping her at the moment. She’s under a lot of scrutiny, so some photos going to church with other members of the RF could be easy and positive publicity. Meghan’s mother once even participated in a royal engagement, I don’t see why she wouldn’t spend the holidays in Britain, visiting her daughter. (And Christmas in Sandringham does sound nice lol)  

There's an uncle on her mother's side who arranged an internship for her while she was at university who was not invited to the wedding and has apparently been ghosted since she met Harry. She seems to have decided only her mother is acceptable to have around since that time when she used to post regularly on her blog and social media about other family. And, frankly, she's lied a lot about her family, claiming not to have relationships that were highlighted on the blog and in her social media. In Australia or New Zealand (can't remember which) a year ago, she gave a speech claiming that she had to pay for university with loans, scholarships and work while on her blog years ago, she gushed about her dad paying for her college. 

As for Christmas, I think it wouldn't look so bad had they not declined to go to Balmoral to see the Queen and Prince Phillip in August. Their favored media people leaked that they didn't go because Archie was "too young to travel", except that it was at the time when they went on two vacations abroad and took him. Christmas at Sandringham and August at Balmoral are the two times each year when the Queen has downtime to spend with family and most of the family makes it a point to visit for at least part of those times. Skipping both isn't a good look for Harry and Meghan. It also looks bad as they are going to be coming off of this "break" which isn't impressing anyone (a break from what? They've averaged 1-2 engagements a week for her and 2-3 for him lately--breaks from part time jobs aren't popular with the taxpayers who paid for their house and more) and they are said to be spending Thanksgiving with Doria, so it would seem  being back to his family for Christmas would not be unreasonable. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

They've averaged 1-2 engagements a week for her and 2-3 for him lately--

It was eye-opening for me to compare Meghan's court circular engagements (3 total since July) to Princess Anne's (9 in November alone!) or Sophie or even 82 year old Princess Alexandra. 

Admittedly, the Cambridges are comparatively lazy too but not quite Sussex level lazy.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

It was eye-opening for me to compare Meghan's court circular engagements (3 total since July) to Princess Anne's (9 in November alone!) or Sophie or even 82 year old Princess Alexandra. 

Admittedly, the Cambridges are comparatively lazy too but not quite Sussex level lazy.

Compared to the Queen Charles and Anne, we’re all a bit lazy. The Cambridges have had a heavier schedule in the last year or so. It is known via reliable biographers that the Queen regrets not taking more time out for her oldest two children in the early years of her reign and she did scale back her engagements to spend more down time with the two youngest. I suspect that she is giving Kate and William more time for their children right now. The Queen had a hard rule with the youngest two that she would not miss bedtime when it could be helped and it’s been reported that Kate and William do the same as far as possible—sometimes that means only one of them attends an evening event such as William alone at the Centrepoint gala this week  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:46 PM, FluffySnowball said:

There’s the story of how she gave her wedding ring back to her ex-husband via the postal service. Also a rumor that she and her previous boyfriend were still dating when she started dating Harry. 

She just seems to have a tendency to ditch people once their usefulness has worn off. 

• Love 1

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic