IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 2: Now with Archie

Coconut Flan

On 1/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, Coconut Flan said:

My view is that I'd never have an issue with any of the royals deciding to live a private life as long as they are funding that life.  In fact I rather admire the ones who do and don't seem to trade on their family relationship.  However, what I read of what Harry and Meghan plan seems problematic.  They live in granny's house and are supported by Harry's father.  Yet they seem to have come up with a plan to be basically part-time royals when they feel like it without discussing the matter with their two principal financial backers.  That's bound to create some conflict.  I feel like they should be told go do you or fulfill the role that Harry was born to and Meghan married into and at her age should have been able to comprehend.  I get it that press disturbed them.  The invasions of their privacy were ridiculous, but no worse than other royals have gotten.  If they want to be funded by someone other than themselves then I think they've really bungled the whole situation.

Agree. Those two didn't seem to have a problem getting married, living at Frogmore and baptizing Archie on taxpayer's dime.  Now they have settled in, it seems they want their cake and eat it too.  Sorry, no one gets to be that lucky when doing it on hard working Brit's dime.  So, if they truly don't want this ( and, ok, fair enough. Free will and all) than why do they get any money besides Megan's from before the marriage?  Everything Harry has is from tax payer money.  How much did their wedding, Frogmore, security, travel and christening cost the Brits?  They already used a lot!  For nothing.  Give it back. Sell Plexus or something.  Lol!  

Look, there are a lot of things I don't like about my job. But, these bills don't pay themselves. I also don't have all those perks.  These two seem jaded and sure money will surround them sans working Royal duties. Harry was born into it, Megan had a good idea. I'm sorry, I don't believe she didn't get it. I'm not much of a royal watcher and I get it as much as I can. You just know she knew of the family and once they started dating, she got her Google on.  C'mon, who wouldn't?  They barely gave this life a chance after they spent all that money that isn't really theirs.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I am, yes, because it's Harry.  He has always been like a little lost boy, to me, and I want his wife to idolize him.  Any other guy can hope for the best.

But he isn't a little boy. He is a grown man and it isn't healthy for anyone to be idolized. 

They always seemed perfectly in love to me. And a quick google search shows plenty of pictures of her gazing at him in a loving way. 

• I Agree 16

I just skimmed through the last ten pages to see if anyone had posted this link yet. Apologies if it has already been shared and I missed it but I thought it was interesting reading. This is from a site written by a self-admitted narcissist, "H.G. Tudor." I'm linking Part 10 but obviously there are parts 1 - 9 as well. I am not sure what I think about it all; I was more in the H&M camp until learning that they had not given the RF a heads up for their "stepping back."

https://narcsite.com/2020/01/13/a-very-royal-narcissist-part-10/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I just skimmed through the last ten pages to see if anyone had posted this link yet. Apologies if it has already been shared and I missed it but I thought it was interesting reading. This is from a site written by a self-admitted narcissist, "H.G. Tudor." I'm linking Part 10 but obviously there are parts 1 - 9 as well. I am not sure what I think about it all; I was more in the H&M camp until learning that they had not given the RF a heads up for their "stepping back."

https://narcsite.com/2020/01/13/a-very-royal-narcissist-part-10/

Well that was certainly very....interesting. 

People are completely entitled to their opinions, I personally just don't see any *actual* evidence of Meghan being a narcissist. Lots of accusations of Harry being under Meghan's spell and Meghan manipulating him but I don't see anything backing that up other than fake scenarios being played in the writer's head. "..bolster Miss Markle's sense of control over Prince Harry...." What? Every time Meghan speaks to the camera, this writer uses it as Meghan "asserting control" as if that is what "proves" narcissism. Yikes. "This decision is Meghan Markle's and hers alone," despite every single statement from people who actually know them and were actually there saying otherwise. This dude was not there. He doesn't know. This whole series if filled up with so much twisting of words!

As someone who has lived my entire childhood with a raging Narcissist, I truly find it highly offensive at how cavalier everyone seems to be throwing around the term. Written by a self-admitted Narcissist? Excuse me if I actually do not find that to be the best credible source on narcissism for obvious reason. And that is my personal opinion. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, meep said:

truly find it highly offensive at how cavalier everyone seems to be throwing around the term.

I’m sorry you were raised by a narcissist. It must have been awful. I once had a colleague who was a narcissist and it was hell every day. I got to go home every night though, and could escape :( 

But. 

Everyone? It has been mentioned once in this thread, with one link to one person’s opinion. The term is hardly being “thrown around” here.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

For me the elephant in the room is that they're doing all of this within months of having a baby.

Pure speculation, of course, but quitting your job, ditching your family, moving to Canada....these are all extreme actions that seem to back up Meghan tearfully alluding to not being "okay" postpartum. Family and career related annoyances that they could have handled before the baby are probably just not worth it to them now. Also, I don't think it's even been four years since Harry and Meghan first met. And way less time than that even living together on the same continent. Even with their millions and their extreme privilege, I don't envy the situation that they're living in right now.

I do also wonder if some of it is from Harry being affected by the casual racism he didn't particularly notice before, but which he is now seeing through different eyes. It's bad enough when it's his wife - who at least is an adult - but to realise that the same is being/will be directed at his baby may be pushing him away faster than might otherwise have happened. The overt, mean girl racism of Princess Michael is bad enough, but at least it is visible. I suspect there are a lot more politely veiled, completely deniable jibes in the form of "jokes" and so forth from others that he is finding hard to deal with. 

It is interesting to me at least that one of my initial reactions (after absolute outrage) about Princess Michael and the broach was that it was so... ill bred of her (and yes, given her father's position in WW2 I do find that sentence blackly amusing). Manners in that class I associate with outward politeness to all, no matter what is sniggered about behind closed doors. We may speculate and suspect what's being said - but Harry has been in the room after the door was shut. 

(Also and completely off topic - the Palace handlers must be thanking God Phillip never had Twitter in his prime. That would have hastened a republic considerably I think.)

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Everything Harry has is from tax payer money. 

This is not correct. The royal family is privately wealthy too and some of this wealth personally owned by members of the family, that is not tied in any way to the crown, has been inherited by Harry, in particular from his mom and his great-grandmother. 

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I do also wonder if some of it is from Harry being affected by the casual racism he didn't particularly notice before, but which he is now seeing through different eyes. It's bad enough when it's his wife - who at least is an adult - but to realise that the same is being/will be directed at his baby may be pushing him away faster than might otherwise have happened. The overt, mean girl racism of Princess Michael is bad enough, but at least it is visible. I suspect there are a lot more politely veiled, completely deniable jibes in the form of "jokes" and so forth from others that he is finding hard to deal with. 

It is interesting to me at least that one of my initial reactions (after absolute outrage) about Princess Michael and the broach was that it was so... ill bred of her (and yes, given her father's position in WW2 I do find that sentence blackly amusing). Manners in that class I associate with outward politeness to all, no matter what is sniggered about behind closed doors. We may speculate and suspect what's being said - but Harry has been in the room after the door was shut. 

(Also and completely off topic - the Palace handlers must be thanking God Phillip never had Twitter in his prime. That would have hastened a republic considerably I think.)

Apparently there's some casual racism going on behind doors. Or so has been recently reported about Prince Andrew manners of speech. Former Downing Street aide accused him of casually using the n-word in a conversation they had years ago. While former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith claims he made racist remarks about Arabs at a state dinner.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:
14 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I’m glad. I think a lot of Germans who survived that time were very much influenced by the Nazis and their parents. 
But she  really does come from a family where her father was a Nazi and there was no public atonement/recognition of until it was exposed by the press. It was a scandal in the 80’s.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2014/apr/16/princess-michael-father-nazi-ss-officer

And for the record, her racism has been pretty well documented.

Read more  

Given she was born in 1945 I think it's safe to say her family's influence has been a major factor. Also I looked up the broach thing (I hadn't heard about it previously) and frankly all I can say is what a nasty, racist piece of baggage that woman is. I can honestly say that if that were my partner being targeted like that I would have made it clear that if she were at family functions then we weren't.  The sooner some of these people drop off the twig (and the publically funded list) the better.

The nazis and their ideas didn't come out of thin air during the 1920's and their ideas on racism and racial purity wheren't uniquely german. What's unique to them is how very far they carried their ideas out. But Princess Michael of Kent was born in 1945, her parents divorced 1946. Her father moved to South Africa and her mother took her and her older brother to Australia, where she grew  up, so the influence of her nazi father is up for debate. So her main influence was her mother, who where of Austrian- Hungarian nobility. The former Austrian nobility (Austria got rid of noble and royal titles when becoming a republic in 1919, good for them) is know for their staunch conservatism, entitlement and will occasionally whine about the loss of their titles and privileges (yes, still 100 years later). And I don't think that she is alone with her racism and entitlement in her social circles and her infamous brooch would hadn't caused any trouble with the media if Meghan Markle would have been white. But since Meghan is biracial, it got a well- deserved spotlight to show how racist Princess Michael is.

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I don't think he ever batted an eye against the casual racism in his wider family. He grew up around them. But then he married a biracial wife and had a son with her and the racist attitudes of his family are now affecting his wife and son and became an issue. Something like that can be pretty eye- opening, but what counts in my department is what he will make with that knew view. Will it only matter when it's directly affecting his wife and son or will they use to fight against racism and for more racial equality in society.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic