IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

Better in the shredder than in the hands of folks that will take their words to heart.

I really do not believe in censorship but I don't view shredding her books as censorship.  Some may disagree with me.  But I really don't want anyone impressionable or unsure to be subject that that crap and then believe in it.  The Pears are the people who also wrote To Train Up A Child, after all.  I have never found that one.  But I would do the same thing - and I would view that as possibly preventing child abuse.

She was full of parasites when she was pregnant with her fourth? Hmmmmmm.........gotta do some research; to see if she is really real. I've heard before that parasites never really leave people's bodies. So then she still has them.

11 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I really do not believe in censorship but I don't view shredding her books as censorship.  Some may disagree with me.  But I really don't want anyone impressionable or unsure to be subject that that crap and then believe in it.  The Pears are the people who also wrote To Train Up A Child, after all.  I have never found that one.  But I would do the same thing - and I would view that as possibly preventing child abuse.

When it comes to books like the ones the Pearls put out (especially To Train Up A Child), all quibbles about censorship go out the window for me. I'm no free speech/ free expression absolutist. But I do agree that what you're doing hardly counts as censorship. You purchased the books and did with them what you saw fit.

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I know she uses her brain tumor as an excuse for why she didn’t have more children. And then she said they were also convicted in her 40s to have more but they couldn’t. However I have her book and I would like to see what that timeline actually looks like. She did that video recently where she said they moved to San Diego shortly after she had her fourth baby, and said “we were done having babies“ then she kind of made an excuse saying they wouldn’t have done anything permanent. I think she used some kind of birth control.  So I don’t think her story holds up. I think her brain tumor happened later. I think she’s absolutely telling the truth when she said she was done having babies after four.  Very convenient to tell others to have as many as possible no matter what.  

Oh and re: Ken.  Have you noticed every single time he chimes in now he refers to Lori as “just a grandma”. Trying to make over her image much??

I'm positive that if a woman wrote to Lori that she had a brain tumor and was worried about having more children and wanted to use birth control, that Lori would tell her that she must have faith and everything will be fine.

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@Ken you need to get your wife. I wonder if she could be charged for anything if this women get pregnant and died because Lori told her she was being selfish. Just because some women decided to be selfish and have more kids when they could die doesn’t mean others should. Doesn’t god say things about not temping him? Isn’t getting pregnant when you know you could die being selfish? Isn’t that temping god and th fates? And what about the child? What if the child dies or what if it lives and it’s mother dies? I thought children needed mothers 24/7. 

Lori you need to quit giving your opinion. That’s what starts all of this. Jennifer, if you read here, don’t listen to Lori. She isn’t god and have very limited knowledge about everything. Lori, like many, don’t realize that most women get cancer in their 40’s. There is no way to link it to birth control.

God gave us brains and a cycle for a reason. If he wanted to decide how many children we had when women can get pregnant would be random. 

My mom almost died trying to have another child. After that my dad said no more trying. He valued my mothers life more than having more kids. That was a great blessing because he dies 10 years later and it would have left my older brother or family having to raise my younger brother who was still in high school when he died. My dad wasn’t able to work 5 years after my mom almost died so they may have had to step in sooner. 

*sorry for my rant but Lori’s advice is going to end up getting someone killed. 

C11B070E-F3C1-4A92-8062-B57A670379CE.png

This makes me so mad. To continue to have children when you know it would be dangerous is TESTING God NOT trusting Him. 

I'm also sick of how Lori and her fangirls harp on Eve sinning and not Adam.  Umm let's see... The serpent had to convince Eve. She at least told the serpent what God had said and took some persuading.  Adam just ate with no questions asked.

Jeff P., long time Lori leg humper, rebuked her today and stated that she was way out of line. It was a rare instance in which I agreed with him. This will surprise you, but all of Jeff's comments disappeared in minutes. Welcome to the club Jeff.

7 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Jeff P., long time Lori leg humper, rebuked her today and stated that she was way out of line. It was a rare instance in

I missed it. What did he say? 

13 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

She was full of parasites when she was pregnant with her fourth? Hmmmmmm.........gotta do some research; to see if she is really real. I've heard before that parasites never really leave people's bodies. So then she still has them.

The parasite Lori speaks of doesn't exist. Ropeworms are a thing in some woo circles and they say it is the cause for autism and other physical and mental health issues. And the threatment are bleach enenmas until parts of the colon lining comes out with the enema and that's their proof that they are infected with the ropeworm. If you want to go down further I highly adwise you to don't click on the imagesearch if your stomach is easily upseted.

We are told to go into the world and share the gospel. It doesn’t say women can only share with women and men can share with both sexes. Sorry Lori but once again you show your ignorance.B98F23D2-8C9F-45BA-B138-F4359F5EDC6C.thumb.png.ddea4e075bfda903f7257d6554fc98e0.png

From Lori's most recent video:

I feel like I was lied to, because on our honeymoon...you know, before marriage we used birth control.  *Shakes head* That was the thing to do, you know.  You're supposed to use birth control.  God forbid that you have a baby on your honeymoon, you know.  And umm, I feel like I was "jipped" out of a baby...I could have had another baby.

This is like the college thing.  It was her Dad's fault that she went to college.  He made her do it (even though she continued to go to school AFTER she was married).

Now, it's some unknown person's fault that she used birth control (BEFORE MARRIAGE, btw).  No Lori.  You were a grown woman.  Take responsibility for your choices.  You weren't cheated out of a baby.  You CHOSE not to have one.  YOU!

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

From Lori's most recent video:

This is like the college thing.  It was her Dad's fault that she went to college.  He made her do it (even though she continued to go to school AFTER she was married).

Now, it's some unknown person's fault that she used birth control (BEFORE MARRIAGE, btw).  No Lori.  You were a grown woman.  Take responsibility for your choices.  You weren't cheated out of a baby.  You CHOSE not to have one.  YOU!

Exactly! She also says (paraphrasing) "I think I also had a couple miscarriages." 

I know that some pregnancies end before a woman even knows she has conceived but does she really not remember if she miscarried? She says it ao flippantly, it sure does not sound like a woman who says all babies are blessings. 

I had two miscarriages and I rememner where I was when the first pain of each one hit. I remember what I was wearing. I remember, with the scond one, just saying "no no no no no...!" as I put my hand on my stomach, trying to make it stop but knowing what was happening. 

17 hours ago, EowynW said:

In her video she mentions they used birth control "before marriage" then quickly changed it to "on the honeymoon"

I heard that too.  Little Miss Holier-Than-Thou can just get down off of her high horse, she's no better than anyone else.  Sounds like she wasn't a virgin when she married.  If that's the case, even if it was only with the man who became her husband, she still violated one of her cardinal rules of no sex before marriage EVER!!!!!!!!!  

I cannot even keep up with her cray-cray.  I think she doesn't even know the truth anymore.  Lori is a master at playing the victim-villain script.  "I was lied to...my dad made me...Ken wouldn't let me..."  Did someone tie you down and make you use BC?  Babies were a means to the end for you not to have to work, not an end unto themselves.  Having a second baby was the only way you could stay home and lay on the sofa all day.  Then when they came along, you conveniently got "sick" so that you could have someone else do your work while you laid on the sofa.  I wonder if you could go even one day telling the truth with no lies.  I think you would probably spontaneously combust.

22 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@Ken you need to get your wife. I wonder if she could be charged for anything if this women get pregnant and died because Lori told her she was being selfish. Just because some women decided to be selfish and have more kids when they could die doesn’t mean others should. 

Ask and you shall receive. This is from the comments section on Lori's blog. A woman was asking for advice on birth control because she has been tested and found to have genetic markers for passing on serious disabilities like Fragile X Syndrome and Angelman Syndrome. Lori gives her standard guilt trip, saying that it's ok to put your life in jeopardy to have children, life is about sacrifice, blah blah blah. But surprisingly, Ken chimes in with this:

"There is nothing wrong or sinful with natural family planning, and in your case, this may include adoption if you fear that there is a 50% chance of passing down a significant disease or genetic deformity. I do not believe that God is demanding in any way that we must have children under these circumstances, and your case is certainly not one that is being referenced in the article..."

Huh? What?  If condoms give women cervical cancer, will latex gloves cause skin cancer on those who wear them?

This is Lori -- she'll probably say yes.  I supposed then we can wait to hear that Lori's father, who probably wore latex gloves as a pathologist, has skin cancer

No. No. Wait, I'm wrong. It's sunscreen that causes skin cancer

So sayeth Lori, the godly older woman who is never, ever wrong.  Who seems to have gotten her medical degree --without even going to med school -- simply by being the daughter of a doctor.

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I heard that too.  Little Miss Holier-Than-Thou can just get down off of her high horse, she's no better than anyone else.  Sounds like she wasn't a virgin when she married.  If that's the case, even if it was only with the man who became her husband, she still violated one of her cardinal rules of no sex before marriage EVER!!!!!!!!!  

She mentioned before that she was 'technically' a virgin when she married. Which to me translates as they got up to some things. 

5 minutes ago, cara said:

She mentioned before that she was 'technically' a virgin when she married. Which to me translates as they got up to some things. 

I remember that, but I'm not sure that even technical virginity applies if she was using birth control before marriage, as she says on the previously linked video.  Why would she need BC otherwise? 

Normally I'd say her virginity, or lack thereof, at marriage is no one's business but hers, but since Lori is issuing commands about how everyone else has to live, and virginity is such a huge part of her 'teaching'...well, it seems to me she has made it open for public discussion.  

Is there a full moon out today? Lori’s main man is kind of calling her out. Of course she is going to say she is doing what Titus 2 calls her to do. She really isn’t though.

3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Lori does none of that. She teaches women how to be doormats. How to be abused. How to stay silent. She doesn’t teach anything about being a good mother, wife, or home maker. She doesn’t know anything on those subjects. She had others raise her kids and tend to her home. She can’t even teach you how to discipline kids because all she did was abuse them. She calls herself a godly older mentor but she is not. 

I’ve searched and I can’t find any versus that state what makes a godly older women. Lori just assumes because of her age she can teach others. 09B5D723-F233-4B1B-92F8-30D1BB47342C.thumb.jpeg.4221110cb982365f3cdd9be88d50585d.jpeg

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I missed it. What did he say? 

She was very quick on the delete button but here are two quotes from him (my screen shots are on the other laptop currently being used):

"Sarah L Wow.....I'm sorry for the way these women are treating you here today {Lori and the mean girls were in full force here} I like what Lori shares most of the time, but she's out of line big time today."

"Having children is a decision married couples make for themselves...I don't appreciate the Quiverfull as it is much like a cult. What I do appreciate is children that are respectful and parents that have the time and energy to have a relationship with them. This is often very difficult if you have 10 or 12. One man told me that the house had to run like an organization. That is not a home."

And Jeff hasn't been seen again. LOL

I guess I just don't understand Lori's reasoning.Women are more prone to deception and such; therefore, men are smarter. Annnnd women aren't to teach men. That stands to reason that when a man calls her out she should listen and apologize because they obviously know better. This is especially the case if they normally agree with her. Additionally, deleting them is teaching them. She's teaching them their opinion was wrong/unbiblical which warrants being deleted off her blog. So she is teaching men, not being submissive, and not acknowledging their rebuke with a meek and humble heart. 

I work with kids and know the consequences of not having enough money to provide for the kids you have. Bed bugs, cockroaches, scabies, poor health, lack of adequate clothing, etc are all things my coworkers and I see on a fairly regular basis. Many times it's not even totally cleanliness issues so much as not having funding to be clean or take care of bugs. Some families I've met significantly limit showers to save money. 

Many behavioral problems result from not having enough positive attention (often from too many children) and from my experience parents who don't build a secure attachment with their children because they're too punitive. There's a whole lot of other reasons as well of course. 

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And the threatment are bleach enenmas until parts of the colon lining comes out with the enema and that's their proof that they are infected with the ropeworm.

That’s not just nonsense, that’s highly dangerous. No bleach goes near my butt, thank you very much! 

39 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

work with kids and know the consequences of not having enough money to provide for the kids you have. Bed bugs, cockroaches, scabies, poor health, lack of adequate clothing, etc are all things my coworkers and I see on a fairly regular basis. Many times it's not even totally cleanliness issues so much as not having funding to be clean or take care of bugs. Some families I've met significantly limit showers to save money. 

Many behavioral problems result from not having enough positive attention (often from too many children) and from my experience parents who don't build a secure attachment with their children because they're too punitive. There's a whole lot of other reasons as well of course. 

This is something Lori simply isn't capable of understanding.  She has no experience with any of this.  None  - daughter of a doctor, went right into a two income household with her mom providing free child care till she had 2 kids, then got the nanny/maid.  She can't 'see' or understand anything beyond her upper class privilege.    I have a friend being divorced, complaining about money issues and I was empathizing - when I got divorced I lived on a box of cereal for a week one time so my kid could eat.   She had to postpone her day long spa appointment.  I was mind boggled.  We don't understand what we don't think is a 'thing' I think is my point.  And despite her claiming to teach, she is too (sorry) stupid,  unable and most of all, unwilling,  to learn to be a teacher.   It is very sad she has a platform.   

Oh, and she's loud and proud to be  sadist, so there is that, too.  "Go ahead and get beat, you will probably like it sooner or later!"  "Die in childbirth?  Ha!  Probably not but if you do...well..other kids all need a mother 24/7 but yours, eh, not so much."   

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Exactly! She also says (paraphrasing) "I think I also had a couple miscarriages." 

I know that some pregnancies end before a woman even knows she has conceived but does she really not remember if she miscarried? She says it ao flippantly, it sure does not sound like a woman who says all babies are blessings. 

I had two miscarriages and I rememner where I was when the first pain of each one hit. I remember what I was wearing. I remember, with the scond one, just saying "no no no no no...!" as I put my hand on my stomach, trying to make it stop but knowing what was happening. 

I caught that, too! I have been very fortunate not to have had any miscarriages (my heart goes out to those of you who have had one or more), but how could Lori be so callous about it?

Regarding her birth control before marriage- I was on the pill birth control when I was celibate (husband was in Korea, I wanted to "schedule" my cycle to better line up with his leave for most optimum sexytimes (sorry if TMI). I'm 99% certain that a diaphragm, which Lori cites as her BC of choice,  does not need to be used except for sexytimes.

Do with that information what you will.

Regarding the "Lori, aren't you kind of street preaching?" comment:

It would appear that she is trying to preach (which means proclaim publicly the Good News of Jesus Christ), but instead she is loudly proclaiming publicly a bunch of stuff that is the polar opposite of GOOD news...

I would want NOTHING to do with Biblical "marriage" or "womanhood" if I thought this is really what God meant by it (Lori's twisted teachings and false gospel).

Again, I pray for her "platform" to either be immediately used by her and Ken to actually preach THE Gospel, or be shut down.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived