IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

She makes it seem like this is just about birth control, but she has rudely slapped down women who say they use diaphragms, caps, condoms, spermicide etc. She against the idea of anyone having a say about whether they want kids or not. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

17 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She makes it seem like this is just about birth control, but she has rudely slapped down women who say they use diaphragms, caps, condoms, spermicide etc. She against the idea of anyone having a say about whether they want kids or not. 

Exactly.  Anyone except herself, that is. I don't believe for a second that Lori would forgo contraception if she weren't past her childbearing years.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

Lori's loving response to a woman on BC who says a pregnancy will result in either her death or the death of the baby:

The problem with your type of thinking and most women's thinking, (commenter), is that you only look at your situation and what is best for you instead of the long-term impact on culture, marriage, and families. Men typically are better at examining the long-term impact than women. This is why, I believe, God wants them in authority positions. Eve looked at the apple and wanted a bite since she was only looking at the short-term "good" and how it would make her like God instead of the long-term pain and destruction her choice would make.

I am trying to get women to stop looking at their individual situation and see what is best for the long-term. What you decide to do and how you want to live your life is entirely up to you and your husband but it doesn't mean that I should stop teaching what is best for Christian families, marriages, and even culture at large. Would you not agree?

You know what is best for long-term impact on culture, marriage, and families?  Women being alive.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 17
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Lori's loving response to a woman on BC who says a pregnancy will result in either her death or the death of the baby:

You know what is best for long-term impact on culture, marriage, and families?  Women being alive.

We can't be screeching harpies demanding rights if we're dead. ??

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

Lori Alexander is a disgusting piece of misogynistic crap. I have been a better long-term strategist than any man I've ever known.  Her insistence that all men are one way (superior), and all women are another way (inferior) despite evidence that we all have strengths and weaknesses unrelated to our genitalia just makes me sick.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

Genesis 3:6

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 

So Adam needed no persuasion to eat the fruit. Eve took a little more convincing. Adam is not entirely blameless and gets punished too, as does the serpent. But no, just make out like it was all Eve’s fault. 

Lori is so misogynistic. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I am trying to get women to stop looking at their individual situation and see what is best for the long-term. What you decide to do and how you want to live your life is entirely up to you and your husband but it doesn't mean that I should stop teaching what is best for Christian families, marriages, and even culture at large. Would you not agree?

What she's really trying to say here is, I don't care about your problems, can you just shut up and let me teach?

As for expectations, I have a feeling that while Lori's guidelines would cover any and all expectations a wife may have, what she's really talking about is the superficial stuff because that's all she herself cares about. I imagine Lori's expectations to be about bringing home flowers or jewelery, or being taken out to dinner.

ETA: Lori has a new "youtube" called Unplanned pregancy is a satanic lie. She bursts into tears. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I'm gonna call it again. Somebody in Lori's family is using birth control. 

Hey, Lori? Keep your nose out of your daughters-in-law vaginas, mkay? That goes just a touch beyond rude.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

818577749_1of2.JPG.fde1a48cc0ceecc62991149a5b81c4c1.JPG913979268_2of2.JPG.91f60f3fdadbd9f244ef15c5e479fb61.JPG

NO, LORIThe  problem is that YOU are an evil, sick twisted bitch!!!   And the sad thing is that someone might buy into this.   May God forgive you because you are going to need a lot of forgiveness.  If I were like you, I would condemn you to Hell, but I am not ... and I am grateful for that.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

Oh Lori..... Its only the morning and you've already gotten my collie off the trolley, my poodle off the noodle, (nod to I love Lucy).

Honestly I don't know where to even begin. Do I start with you bashing women who experience an unplanned pregnancy? Cause I had an unplanned pregnancy. Oh by the way Lori, my baby was the result of an assault. Mind you I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, long pants (sweatpants) and it still happened. I have very briefly shared my story with these fellow commentators. My baby was very unplanned however that baby is my biggest blessing and one of the greatest joys in my life. Despite everything and my own flaws; I love her more than the very air I breathe. I know I am NOT a perfect mom, but darn it I will attempt my best. If my daughter wants to be a Doctor, heck I will say you go for it bear cub, if she wants to be a lawyer, nurse, professional dancer, musician, mathematics, engineer and so on. I will be the loudest one cheering at her graduation.

As for BC, I don't think its wrong. Heck I have had friends who had such horrible cramps and heavy bleeding during that time, she had to go on bc. She tried everything else. Now several years later, she's with us, happy, healthy. 

Oh and Lori, keep your nose out of everyone's lives. Keep your nose out of your children's sex lives. You don't need to know, its perverted to be that engrossed in that. I wish I could say just grow up and act like a grownup, not some birch who thinks she's above everyone else.

Edited by SassyPantswithASideofClass
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 32

That video. Dear God, that video! I'm getting flashbacks to multiple similar conversations with my own fundie mother. ? 

• Love 13

I have a friend who wanted a daughter so badly, she kept trying to get pregnant, and several ended in early miscarriages.  She had two healthy boys.  Her final child was another boy, who was born with serious health issues, and passed away at the age of 3.  The saddest thing was seeing his little self in the white coffin in a white suit.  He was a precious child that the older teenage boys, including my brother, loved playing with him and carrying him around.  

Lori knows nothing of this heartache.  She is a callous, cold-hearted bitch.  In her book (definitely not mine) -- mis-carriage = God's will--keep trying.  Baby dies = God's will--have another one.  Can't get pregnant = you must have sinned; not God's will, keep trying.  Anyone who does not feel the meanness emanating from her does not have any discernment.  

And if the extent of your comments on her page consists of this ❤️ you are a complete fool.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 24

I don't know who Lori is targeting now with unplanned pregnancy being Satanic.  First, it's BC, then that horrible response to that woman on FB who could die if she gets pregnant again, and now this whole unplanned pregnancy being Satanic.  

She has really lost her shit.  

Ken, if you're reading this, please tell your wife to stop telling women, who can die from childbirth or have babies that will suffer and die shortly after childbirth, that they need to get pregnant. Your wife is not God.  Your wife sure doesn't seem to mind using her brain tumor as an excuse for practically everything, so please tell her to stop telling women that they need to have babies, when their bodies won't allow it. Please tell your wife to sound like an older woman, instead of vapid and clueless.  Please tell your wife to eat something healthy. She looks sickly.  Please tell your wife that she needs to appreciate how much you work for what you two have.  I've never once, in all the years I've followed Lori on FJ,  her heard say/write "thank you Ken for all you do."  Heck, I've never heard her say/write that she loves you and is in love with you.   Please tell your wife to focus on HOW to be keepers of the home (that's supposed to be her message?), rather than these asinine videos that make her look like she's one step closer to being admitted to a psychiatric ward.  

I need a Lori-land break.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

I know she uses her brain tumor as an excuse for why she didn’t have more children. And then she said they were also convicted in her 40s to have more but they couldn’t. However I have her book and I would like to see what that timeline actually looks like. She did that video recently where she said they moved to San Diego shortly after she had her fourth baby, and said “we were done having babies“ then she kind of made an excuse saying they wouldn’t have done anything permanent. I think she used some kind of birth control.  So I don’t think her story holds up. I think her brain tumor happened later. I think she’s absolutely telling the truth when she said she was done having babies after four.  Very convenient to tell others to have as many as possible no matter what.  

Oh and re: Ken.  Have you noticed every single time he chimes in now he refers to Lori as “just a grandma”. Trying to make over her image much??

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Lori, if men are soooo much better at examining the long term impact of their decisions, then why is the world in the shape it's in? ?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 10

28 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

And then she said they were also convicted in her 40s to have more but they couldn’t. However I have her book and I would like to see what that timeline actually looks like.

Lori Alexander is the queen of unreliable narrators.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Genesis 3:6

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 

So Adam needed no persuasion to eat the fruit. Eve took a little more convincing. Adam is not entirely blameless and gets punished too, as does the serpent. But no, just make out like it was all Eve’s fault. 

Lori is so misogynistic. 

Another thing Lori probably doesn’t know is sin came into the world because of Adam not Eve. Eve didn’t know she wasn’t supposed to eat from the tree Adam did. Adam, a man, thought because Eve was fine he would be. That ladies and gentlemen proves that not all men are good leaders or heads of house. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

@Ken you need to get your wife. I wonder if she could be charged for anything if this women get pregnant and died because Lori told her she was being selfish. Just because some women decided to be selfish and have more kids when they could die doesn’t mean others should. Doesn’t god say things about not temping him? Isn’t getting pregnant when you know you could die being selfish? Isn’t that temping god and th fates? And what about the child? What if the child dies or what if it lives and it’s mother dies? I thought children needed mothers 24/7. 

Lori you need to quit giving your opinion. That’s what starts all of this. Jennifer, if you read here, don’t listen to Lori. She isn’t god and have very limited knowledge about everything. Lori, like many, don’t realize that most women get cancer in their 40’s. There is no way to link it to birth control.

God gave us brains and a cycle for a reason. If he wanted to decide how many children we had when women can get pregnant would be random. 

My mom almost died trying to have another child. After that my dad said no more trying. He valued my mothers life more than having more kids. That was a great blessing because he dies 10 years later and it would have left my older brother or family having to raise my younger brother who was still in high school when he died. My dad wasn’t able to work 5 years after my mom almost died so they may have had to step in sooner. 

*sorry for my rant but Lori’s advice is going to end up getting someone killed. 

C11B070E-F3C1-4A92-8062-B57A670379CE.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

*sorry for my rant but Lori’s advice is going to end up getting someone killed. 

Probably.  She says 'neither decision is wrong or sinful,' but she does her best to cut off any options for those women but risking their lives. Birth control pills?  Satanic.  Condom?  You'll get cancer, you evil woman.  Contraception of any kind?   You Jezebel, that's not your decision to make.  NFP?  Deprive your husband, and you have only yourself to blame when (not if, when) he screws some harlot at his workplace.  Women simply cannot win in LoriLand.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

In her video she mentions they used birth control "before marriage" then quickly changed it to "on the honeymoon"

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Okay screwing with theology is bad enough, but giving medical advice?!?! Colloidal silver does not cure HPV (a commenter said this). Lori, condoms do not cause cervical cancer. Most cases of cervical cancer are caused by certain strains of the HPV virus. HPV-related head and neck cancers are set to outpace cases of HPV-related cervical cancer.

The FDA approved the HPV vaccine for the ages 9 to 45. For those wondering about the vaccine, it is best to get it done as early as possible before your child is sexually active. It does not encourage your child to have sex. It may prevent your child from getting HPV strains that cause cancer and genital warts.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 6

What?  Lori is a lying liar who lies??   Raise your hand if you're surprised!   Bueller?  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, EowynW said:

Well, I mean, birth control of any kind doesn't work when you poke holes in it after all. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 10
  • Love 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic