IGNORED

New Zach Bates Courting Pics

eye_browz

Hi I lurk here from time to time. Let me know if this has been posted. gilbatesfamily.com/blog/

Also, from the 19 Kids and Counting Wikipedia page:

"38 Kids & Counting! [3]" October 18, 2011 (2011-10-18)

It's a full house when the Duggars visit their friends, the Bates! Watch as the two large families combine their 38 kids and counting for some fellowship and fun. And the Bates' oldest son, Zach makes a very special announcement...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19 ... g_episodes

I can't wait to watch this unfold!

Oh be still my heart he brought her a cheesecake sampler. :roll:

I just might have to DVR that episode...this whole courtship thing is such an adorable trainwreck.

Cheesecake looks like it's from Walmart, from what I can tell. But it's the thought that counts! I think she likes cheesecake, because I remember reading somewhere that while the Reith family was at Chick-Fil-A, he surprised them by calling in and ordering them a cheesecake (or some other dessert).

I'll be the first to observe that Zach is looking VERY chunky. Zach, Sarah has to get pregnant before you put on the sympathy pounds.

The matching western shirts (or any couple wearing matching outfits)--I just can't. Looks adorable on her. On him, not so much.

It always cracks me up, with a side of eeeew, when couples wear matching shirts. My husband doesn't even like to wear the same color shirts for fear people with think we are one of those couples. Bless his heart, he tolerates family portraits. I will admit that I do nut up then and coordinate our outfits and even the dog's collar.

Zach does look chunky, but perhaps it is just the outfit? It looks like his clothes are kind of too small, so maybe if he was wearing better fitting clothes he wouldn't look like that.

He's wearing clothes he's OUTGROWN in the last year; he's probably spending all his cash on these trips and gifts (heh) and can't afford to get anything new now (which is why he's mooching off the Reith family's tee shirts and western wear that it looks like is one of the performing outfits. He's easily put on 20 or so pounds and wasnn't small to begin with (he inherited Gil's stocky build). Check out Lawson next to him in that one pic. HE would fit in on a campus anywhere. Well, until he opened his mouth and all that Gothard spew ushered forth.

Kelly Bates said in the comment section that they have no wedding date set because Zach wants to finish college (he's majoring in history). Plus, he hasn't proposed yet.

I think they should be able to hold hands because they're in a long distance relationship. They are mature enough to control themselves. I have a feeling that this is going to be a LONG courtship. I do admire Zach's ambition to finish school before marriage. But is he really going to *wait* that long?? Isn't he ~burning~ to get married? How far along is he in college?

I LOVE he gets her cheesecake - it proves that he isn't concerned about her being super perfect skinny and wants to get her something she likes.

they seem like a sweet couple. I like that he wants to finish his schooling. He probably anticipates them having many kids and wants to provide. Of course it sounds like she has also earned her own money performing as well.

How is what they're doing not dating? They're doing everything normal couples do when they date, expect touching. Do they just use "courtship" to seem more victorian?

From what I've gleaned from Kelly Bates, Zach and Michaella are attending some sort of online diploma mill (hard-core fundie is assumed). I'd love to see the "history" curriculum for Zach's s "school." I have a feeling it's heavy on the bible, the Crusades and Reformation and makes caricatures of our Founding Fathers as paragons of Christian virtue and finally, makes an idol out of St. Ronnie Raygun. What's that, about 6 required classes of history from a very skewed point of view? :roll:

How is what they're doing not dating? They're doing everything normal couples do when they date, expect touching. Do they just use "courtship" to seem more victorian?

do you go to dates with someone of your family every single time?

What is the accident from next weeks show? They are in Atlanta. Is that when one of the lost boys fell off the stage?

Yup. Jason falls, breaks his jaw and a few teeth and messes up his ankle. There's a video floating around the internets when Ray Comfort visits the Magic Bus and Jason can be seen laying on the bed, looking miserable. There is also a pair of crutches propped up against a wall behind Smuggar as he interrupts Josiah and begins to pontificate about something useless.

Guest Anonymous

Don't they wear matching outfits while performing? Otherwise, ugh.

Yeah, it's chaperoned dating in my books....doesn't look like they're following the 6 inch rule though.

do you go to dates with someone of your family every single time?

No :D is that what makes is a courtship for them? Family control?

I'm willing to cut them some slack on the matching shirts because I am assuming they are performance outfits. But if not, then no, just no.

So Zack wants to finish his history degree before he gets married? While I commend him for pursuing some sort of higher education, exactly what can he do with this degree? Most history majors end up teaching, but somehow I doubt young Mr. Bates will become a teacher, unless he gets hired by a private Christian school.

No :D is that what makes is a courtship for them? Family control?

Yup and I'm pretty sure flirting is pretty limited during interactions ;)

I cringe at the thought of what Zach's history course looks like...yay, unbalanced opinions- the very thing you should strive to avoid in history! :doh:

I cringe at the thought of what Zach's history course looks like...yay, unbalanced opinions- the very thing you should strive to avoid in history! :doh:

Plus what will it do to make him money?

Plus what will it do to make him money?

I'd say is so that he'd be re-elected... although I don't see why he would not do political science more than history...

Archived