IGNORED

New Zach Bates Courting Pics

eye_browz

They look awfully close to touching in that first picture. I think the whole thing is kinda weird though, considering that he probably touches his sisters and friends in a non-sexual way.

Also, can you break the link in the original post? Just remove the http://

Off the subject a bit but, were the girls able to go tubing behind the boat? In the pics its only boys. Maybe they were enjoying each-others company while preparing lunch or something instead?

Sarah's smile seems relaxed, happy and genuine when photographed w/ her family, but somewhat tense when photographed alone w/ Zach. He seems into her. Her? Not so much...

Sarah's smile seems relaxed, happy and genuine when photographed w/ her family, but somewhat tense when photographed alone w/ Zach. He seems into her. Her? Not so much...

In the pictures where he asked her to court him she had the look you'd expect from a popular cheerleader being asked out by a nerd. "Uh... thanks? I'm... flattered...?"

She looks like a lovely girl and they look like a nice family. For whatever that's worth.

The slight discomfort around Zach isn't surprising since they hardly know each other and are posing for pictures. It could change over time.

Yup. Jason falls, breaks his jaw and a few teeth and messes up his ankle. There's a video floating around the internets when Ray Comfort visits the Magic Bus and Jason can be seen laying on the bed, looking miserable. There is also a pair of crutches propped up against a wall behind Smuggar as he interrupts Josiah and begins to pontificate about something useless.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more horrific accidents in this family. On more than one occasion I've seen one of the younger kids "helping" with one of the babies and I just cringe because I'm convinced one or both of them is going to end up in the ER. One I remember is Hannah (or maybe it was the boy a little older than her) pretty much tossing baby Jordyn into a wheelbarrow. I guess when you have kids under 6 parenting babies these things happen. :roll: Michelle was too concerned with her newest blessing.

Why for the LOVE of the baby Jesus must they wear MATCHING outfits. Sooooo incredibly gag-worthy.

Reminds me of the early 17 Kids and Counting episodes with Josh/Anna and their barfy hand sex. Remember they took their engagement photos in matching brown striped shirts, but due to the magic of television and bad chronology in this show, Joshie already had a pillow in the camper with their picture on it--dressed in the same brown striped shirts. I notice they still wear matching suits to formal things--so sad......

Zach must be eating since can't "touch...." Or he's just sitting at a computer all day finishing his college studies instead of working off all those bean burritos!

What is Zach going to do with his history degree? He really can't teach in a public school. I'm not sure if a private Christian school would be okay with Gothard. His wife will be doing the homeschooling, so what can one do with a degree in history AND the need to be self-employed? Write history textbooks for Gothard? Or new historical Wisdom booklets...

I see it too. I mean, perhaps she doesn't show emotions in front of others. From the pics, she doesn't seem excited to be with him. I understand that we can't accurately judge this from photos, but I don't know.

But hypothetically, since courtship is so family centered (and fathered centered) maybe she doesn't want to let her family down. I really hope this is not the case because Zach seems like a fine young man. He really likes her.

Girls are especially cautioned practically from the womb not to give away pieces of their heart, even until courtship, because it could fail. I guess they have to roll that way since the Daddys and to a certain extent, the future groom, are the ones manipulating the poor girl. We'll see if the "no touching" rule extends into engagement, since it sounds like it's going to be at least a year before they marry and the engagement stage is typically only a few months.

MMV, of course.

What is Zach going to do with his history degree?

Never lose sight of the fact that the P/QF are first and foremost a POLITICAL group. While the graduates of Patrick Henry College are the stars of the movement, it's guys like Zach, already serving in elected office at the county level, who will be the soldiers who "take dominion" by getting elected by the very apathetic voters of America first to very local, then to state and then to national level offices. The goal IS to create a Christian state. And, if voters don't wake up and take these elections seriously that's what we'll have.

Zach will continue to work in the Tree Business or something to pay the bills. Likely, a least for a while, he'll probably travel with his in-laws too since they make their living, at least in part, off their music.

Did anyone catch the title of one of the talks Gil gave at some Labor Day conference? “Beware Where You Stare; It May Become a Snare†WTF? I assume this is some version of lusting after a woman for looking at her in her immodest dress. I know that Gil in the past has confessed to Kelly that he has had impure thoughts and lusted, but I kind of thought he had moved on from this stuff. If there is anything that convinces me that the Bates are just as bad as the Duggars, it's this kind of stuff.

“Beware Where You Stare; It May Become a Snareâ€

I'm guessing some genius at ATI HQ thought the title up. Probably wrote the "talk" too.....

Archived