IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

RC-Lisa are bewildered that anyone would think he is starting a new ministry, while posting from a Facebook account titled:

RC-Lisa Sproul

RC SPROUL JR MINISTRIES

Meanwhile on Lisa's purposedrivenwife website:

Help Our Cause

Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Speaker, Author, Theologian, Professor. Sinner, saved by grace, adopted son of the living God. RC has spoken around the country and across the globe, at universities and seminaries, conferences and camps.  To invite RC Sproul Jr. to  your church or event email: thepurposedrivenwife@gmail.com

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

It might be worth noting that Sarah Kelley apparently took to the interwebs to defend her previous stepfather. Quite the opposite with Spanky....

http://doctorsofcourage.org/david-neil-ringel-do/

Screenshot.png.0b093172bcf77e416071dbbbf9bcb5fe.png

• Thank You 7

Whoo, boy.  Things are heatin' up. 

However, if the boys are removed from the home, would they be in foster care?  Also, who's the third kid?  I thought it was just the two boys and a daughter who had gone off to college.  

• Upvote 3

Clueless at best, fucking delusional narcissists at worst -- Lisa's & Spanky's reply to people coming down on the book's foreword by Tullian Tchividjian:

Cluelessness.png.95a187429b135ce1c07b2387e14926f5.png

ETA: the fact that it's apparently NOT crazy to them speaks volumes.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

Whoo, boy.  Things are heatin' up. 

However, if the boys are removed from the home, would they be in foster care?  Also, who's the third kid?  I thought it was just the two boys and a daughter who had gone off to college.  

I think Maili just turned 17 about a week ago. I could be wrong, though.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I think Maili just turned 17 about a week ago. I could be wrong, though.

She did. There were photos of a birthday celebration posted somewhere -- publicly -- on FB or something.

The comments on this guy's FB post are indeed stunning. If you try to unpack the fundie fuckwaddery, they become mind-boggling:

Fundie fuckwaddery.png

Also, it becomes apparent that the real problem with Tullian is that he is (or is suspected of being) an Antinomian. 

The circle of fundie fuckwads is so small. They all know each other and have done so for years. They bought the same shite from Ligonier/VF/Highlands Ministries. They all knew why Spanky's prior "ministry" in VA imploded. It's highly likely they also heard the rumors about Spanky's abuse of family members. Yet, because Spanky & friends picket Planned Parenthood & harass its patients, they ignored all of it.

FUCK ALL OF THEM.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

I really need a glass of wine and some popcorn.

What the actual fuck? In what kind of bubble are Spanky and Lisa living? I just don't get it. I hope the kids still at home are safe and that at some point the two will realize how much they fucked up. 

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Howl said:

However, if the boys are removed from the home, would they be in foster care? 

Not necessarily. They seem to have a ton of adult family members, one or more of them could offer to take them and the court could consider it a good idea.

• Upvote 6

It just occurred to me (Duh!)  that a man who was anointed with the name Spanky for spousal abuse of his late wife would also mercilessly beat his kids.  It sounds as though Lisa and RC are both abusers. 

3 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Not necessarily. They seem to have a ton of adult family members, one or more of them could offer to take them and the court could consider it a good idea.

Ah, yes, this is a comforting thought. 

RC just doesn't get it.  He's pushing hard on the "wretched sinner saved by Grace" angle and why not? It has often worked for others who have slithered back into ministry.  However,  Spanx left a wide swath of emotional, physical, and spiritual destruction in his wake; he has never admitted it or truly apologized to anyone for any of it. 

It's hilarious that they are just not getting that Tullian would be the WORST choice to write a forward to RC's book.  Tullian's adultery antics were all over Christian blogs and social media and his quick return to "ministry" without a long period of repentance and restoration was criticized by many. 

• Upvote 9

Man, those people are INSUFFERABLE. Thanking all that is holy that my foray into the Reform world was mercifully brief. I honestly don't know how anyone can take these arguments seriously. Tullian and Spanky are spoiled, entitled assholes. I don't care what their theology is. They continuously hurt people, and therefore they suck. The end. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Also, it becomes apparent that the real problem with Tullian is that he is (or is suspected of being) an Antinomian

Just checked out the definition on google. This is fascinating. What about Tullian T makes people think this? His actions? Writings? 

I'm getting an inkling of how this belief can go so, so wrong in fundiedom. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

And... the post by the friend of one of Jr’s kids, quoting the kidult, with a long and (to me) interesting discussion, is gone from FB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

What about Tullian T makes people think this? His actions? Writings? 

Allegedly, Tullian has tweeted and now written things that are Antinomian.

Two screenshots of these asshats arguing with Spanky about it appear below but there's more in that FB thread

693842557_AsshatsArguing.thumb.png.6681c8606e9ef86ec05a5519892d2527.png

Asshats Still Arguing.png

• Thank You 3

On 3/27/2019 at 12:06 PM, older than allosaurs said:

RC-Lisa are bewildered that anyone would think he is starting a new ministry, while posting from a Facebook account titled:

RC-Lisa Sproul

RC SPROUL JR MINISTRIES

Meanwhile on Lisa's purposedrivenwife website:

Help Our Cause

Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Speaker, Author, Theologian, Professor. Sinner, saved by grace, adopted son of the living God. RC has spoken around the country and across the globe, at universities and seminaries, conferences and camps.  To invite RC Sproul Jr. to  your church or event email: thepurposedrivenwife@gmail.com

What exactly is this thing they call "our mission"? Is it about promoting him to speak "to your church or event"? How can he deny that he's promoting himself as a ministry leader while at the same time thinking himself qualified to speak in churches and Christian events? That's totally illogical. It's just weird that he's denying promoting himself as a Christian leader/bible teacher when it's so obvious that's exactly what he's doing.

So far he's operating only under his own self-promoting illegitimate authority, which won't get him anywhere in the Reformed world. And as if the Reformed world hadn't already rejected him enough he just spit in their eye by teaming up with the unrepentant serial adulterer Tullian Tchividjian.  No worries though since Tullian has found his audience among Charismatics. Sproul recognizes the Charismatics are his future audience too and, thankfully for he and Tullian the standards for "minister" are pretty much non-existent. When challenged about it Sproul gets incredibly defensive.

51696558_ScreenShot2019-03-28at1_03_31PM.thumb.jpg.3695e6e02315ee66cbe1b40d9d52c3c9.jpg

What does he mean by, "I exercise no ministry leadership"?  Speaker, Author, Theologian, Professor certainly sounds quite official and very much a leader to me. It's not like he has any sort of secular day job that he can claim is his full time gig and his RC Sproul Jr Ministries is just some kind of part time afterthought. No, obviously ministry is his only pursuit and he's positioning himself for a ministry comeback, even a comeback as a pastor. Good to see I'm not the only one who's troubled by that.

256173038_ScreenShot2019-03-28at1_16_23PM.thumb.jpg.a6f6808b5742e9ad440145bfba278e45.jpg

Sproul was very prompt about responding to other comments, albeit very defensively and self-righteously; but he doesn't respond to these last two. He's caused so much harm to so many families, including his own, he needs to be stopped from ever having the chance of being in any kind of ministry ever again.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

These people are such walking sacks of hypocrisy and hubris, it boggles the mind.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, DomWackTroll said:

She also said the boys are not allowed to pee standing up, because it makes more cleaning work for Lisa.

And now I want to hear a pee-ological debate between Spanky and PP.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

THAT would be a snark fest!! I could really use something like that right now since I'm drowning in assignments! 

• Upvote 4

I would love to see a compendium of every time Junior ends a post with "... and repent of your slander."  He just really believes he knows better than pretty much everybody about pretty much everything, and that is hilarious, actually.  He really considers himself a moral authority.  What a joke. What an utter fool. 

A dear friend of mine is married to a sack of shit who reminds me of Junior in this way.  He opens up big, stupid cans of theological worms on his social media, goads people into debating him on specific points he's certain he has the upper hand on, then tells them to repent when they challenge him.  The arrogance is astonishing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 3/27/2019 at 7:36 AM, Howl said:

One tidbit from the section quoting Valerie Jacobson: He is also now a member of a Foursquare Pentecostal Church, where he is now involved in teaching ministry. 

My money is on RC working towards a full-time paid gig...with benefits!   

If Pine Hills were Presbyterian then there's no way it could ever happen. But Pine Hills is the exact opposite of Presbyterian checks and balances, accountability, scrutiny and due diligence. Charismatic and Pentecostal churches typically have little formal structure and few if any ministerial standards, including even just the basic biblical standards of not being a drunkard (no DUIs), faithful husband of one wife (no Ashley Madison accounts), governing your household well (no wife spanking, child abuse, or letting pedophiles molest your children), etc. Charismatics are notorious for hiring disgraced pastors with little other than a promise of "I've repented of my past. Jesus forgave me. All is good now." Sproul's new book was, in all likelihood, intended for the very purpose of selling himself to Pine Hills for a full time position there. The sad reality is that, if Pine Hills has the budget for it, they probably will hire him. It'll be a big step down from Ligonier Ministries and Reformation Bible College (nothing like the six-figures he got courtesy of mom and dad) but at least it may prevent the Sproul mansion from going into foreclosure for the fourth time.

• Upvote 5

I’d never buy the book because it’s probably just more Ligonier Tales and I’d never knowingly pay even a penny toward an abuser.  But it would be morbidly interesting to try to drill down through Spanky’s overwrought prose to determine just where R.C. & Vesta’s little boy became such a liability. 

It’s wonderful to live in the age of the Internet, because these guys’ prevarications and arrogance can be called out. In the past, the scions of great [sic] men could get away hugely with almost anything, having Daddy’s minions on-call to cover up any messes. 

I also marvel how poorly patriarchal society works out for Christian sects that don’t have established hierarchies to which they must give account.  Billy Graham, R.I.P., coerced his daughter to quit college so she could  marry some rising star named Tchividjian. I think they since divorced?—but they’re only 1 for 2 in raising sons who’ve been a credit to the family business. Boz Television (swiped that from somebody on Spiritual Sounding Board, hee) is apparently doing an ok job.   

It makes sense. A system that allows half its population to go only so far, but no further and devises whole subsystems to support that stupidity, is doomed. Maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually. 

• Upvote 8

43 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’d never buy the book because it’s probably just more Ligonier Tales and I’d never knowingly pay even a penny toward an abuser.  But it would be morbidly interesting to try to drill down through Spanky’s overwrought prose to determine just where R.C. & Vesta’s little boy became such a liability.  

Agreed. I too would like to read his latest book, but not if I had to pay anything for it. He's trying to pawn it off as being about his father, but I think we all know it's really just about him.

I haven't read any of his other books either for the same reason. Not going to do anything to put any money in his pocket. I've read Ligonier Tales though because, well, it's free and, umm, morbid curiosity. Some really twisted stuff in there. He brags about doing stuff that no sane person would be proud of. You don't need to know anything about the author to tell it was written by someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Absolutely nuts that he had it posted for years on his own ministry web site. I'm just expecting that his latest book will be every bit as narcissistic.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

RC Jr is speaking at The Abolish Abortion Indiana Conference on April 5.

Speakers will be:

R.C. Sproul Jr.- Pastor, and contributor to the Babies Are Murdered Here Documentary.

This is already going to be a highly controversial event as it is, and I'm sure they know it too. Why on earth would the hosts of such an event risk creating a scandal on top of all the controversy by inviting a disgraced felony DUI convicted Ashley Madison adulterer to speak at their event? And how does Sproul merit the title: "Pastor"? Didn't they get the memo? He was defrocked!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic