IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

I wonder if "estranged from all his family" includes Vesta. 

Precious would never risk his relationship with mommy. There's way too much money at stake. Fortunately for Precious, mommy thinks he can do no wrong. She'll love him no matter what. For Precious this is s good thing because mommy controls the purse strings to the Sproul family fortune which, no doubt, is substantial. When Vesta passes the family fortune is likely to be split largely between Precious and his only sibling, Sherrie. Precious stands to inherit millions. He knows it and, no doubt, Lisa knows it too. The Sproul fortune was likely a big factor in why Lisa pursued Spanky in the first place. The Sproul children can go to hell for all the two of them care. They're only a financial liability. But given how much inheritance is at stake Precious and Lisa will do everything in their power to maintain a cozy relationship with Vesta.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

46 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

I think so, didn't one of the comments say something about her not approving the book's contents?

• Upvote 4

This couple needs to get their act together before they ever emerge into society ever again.  And, please, don't take on any more children.  There's been enough damage already.  Sigh.

I also went to the publisher's website, and they are pretty upfront that most authors make very little money off their books.  If I read it correctly, the author gets $1 per book (paper or ebook).  They warn that most books don't sell more than a few copies outside their circle of friends.  Of course, RC Jr. might get a few extra sales just because of his infamy.  From an earlier post, it seems like their marriage talks might generate some interest in the book--ha ha, NOT!

Publisher FAQ page

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Precious would never risk his relationship with mommy. There's way too much money at stake. Fortunately for Precious, mommy thinks he can do no wrong. She'll love him no matter what. For Precious this is s good thing because mommy controls the purse strings to the Sproul family fortune which, no doubt, is substantial. When Vesta passes the family fortune is likely to be split largely between Precious and his only sibling, Sherrie.

The larger question for me is who has power of attorney over the estate if Vesta becomes unable to manage her own affairs, and how much of the wealth is in the Sproul estate and how much is specific to the Ligoniere Ministries cash cow. 

How conservator/guardian/trustee  status is handled in the will could result in some titanic battles over the estate when Vesta becomes mentally incompetent (if that's the correct tem) or crosses the Rainbow Bridge. 

I would guess with that amount of $$$$ involved,  it's already been sorted out in an ironclad will, but who knows. 

258,000 people have liked the Ligonier Ministries facebook page.  Just sayin'. 

Also, I can't remember how long Spanx is (or was) on probation for the DUI.  I don't think they can leave the state and move to Florida while he's still on probation.  Does anyone know the status of Junior's probation?  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I would think it does include Vesta.

My basis is that Vesta is Spanky's children's grandmother. Despite him being her son, what grandmother would be okay with, and supportive of, their son/daughter being purposefully estranged from their children? I would think the older kids (the ones who don't live with Spanky and Lisa) maintain a relationship with her -and have likely filled her in what Spanky and Lisa have been doing. He has apparently cut the kids inside the home OFF from those outside the home.

I just don't think any grandmother would be okay with their grandkids being treated like crap. I would imagine she finds all this trash with Spanky and Lisa likely embarrassing and hurtful.

Also, I remember a post on here -regarding Delaney's wedding. Vesta and RC Sr. were in the pictures, but not RC Jr and Lisa.

A quick peek at Vesta's friend's list on Facebook -no RC or Lisa.

Finally, the post stated:

"This book is coming out in May. Please do not buy it. My father (RC Jr) is an unrepentant abusive narcissist who is estranged from everyone who used to be his friend and even all of his family outside of his wife and minor children. 

Just wanted to give a general heads up. Feel free to let others know as well if they mention being interested in it. There is so much more info than just what I’ve shared here, I’m just trying to be concise."

Edited by LydiaAnn
Forgot to add something
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, LydiaAnn said:

I would imagine she finds all this trash with Spanky and Lisa likely embarrassing and hurtful.

I agree.  And it does seem she still has a relationship with the grandkids.

Plus, Junior is estranged from Sherrie and her husband for sure, correct?  And Sherrie's husband is now pretty high up at Ligonier? I would imagine they all find him embarrassing. Loathsome, really.  Picture it: his name comes up at a board meeting, and everyone collectively raises their eyebrows, shakes their heads, and exchanges a "let's move on" look.

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

What are the comments on the “don’t buy this book”’ post saying?  I don’t think I’m on whatever social media that’s on.. 

It's on Facebook. The comments are negative about both R.C. and Tullian Tchividjian, who wrote the forward. Darby is in the comments urging people not to buy the book. 

ETA: There are a few men in the thread arguing that Spanky's moral character may not be relevant in all situations, but their points don't go over well. One woman points out that Spanky and Lisa now attend a "Foursquare charismatic type church." And the woman who originally posted says that "He is in a desperate financial situation."

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Banyan said:

RC Sproul Jr Released From Criminal Probation

Thanks for that; I lose track!  So guess they aren't moving to Florida to be close to Vesta. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

And the woman who originally posted says that "He is in a desperate financial situation."

Oooooh, was that sensation I had a little frisson of schadenfreude? 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

And the woman who originally posted says that "He is in a desperate financial situation."

You know, waiting for a wealthier relative to die and leave you money is probably not a great family financial plan. Just saying, Spanky & Lisa.

More seriously, these two are pathological. The fact that there are still minor children in the home with them is frightening. Also, check out this this entry from their FB page yesterday. Talking about stalking!

Stalking anniversary.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I've been spending way too much time researching Sprouls. I learned that R.C.'s sister Sherrie's first husband. Tim Dick, magically became qualified to be a top exec at Ligonier Ministries (he wrote that he wasn't a Christian till he married). He got paid lots, caused lots of trouble, sued a blogger for reporting on it, cheated on Sherrie and remarried right after their divorce. Somewhere in there he also was arrested on suspicion of felonies including burglary and aggravated assault. (I don't know the disposition of those cases, but he had at least three different mugshots, so it wasn't a one-time issue.) Their son worked for Ligonier as an event planner. I don't know what he's up to now.

In 2013 Sherrie remarried to Dennis Dorotiak, and the next year he became a development director at Ligonier, where he remains. She's an ex-officio board member.

She comments supportively on Jr's kids' social media. Despite the pain and dysfunction that caused the estrangements, I'm thinking those young adults are better off getting away from the Ligonier empire. What an incestuous mess, stitched together by hypocrisy and merit-free money.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Three years ago today my beloved wife took a risk and reached out to me.

I thought "girls" were supposed to guard their hearts while waiting for their fathers to find appropriate suitors for them, Spanx. At least, that's what you said-- over and over and over. 

Thank you my love for giving me life.

Pretty sure this is blasphemous, at least by Reformed standards. Idol worship, you know. 

I love you madly.

"Madly" is right. You're nuttier than a fruitcake, and so is she. Seek professional help. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I learned that R.C.'s sister Sherrie's first husband. Tim Dick, magically became qualified to be a top exec at Ligonier Ministries (he wrote that he wasn't a Christian till he married). He got paid lots, caused lots of trouble, sued a blogger for reporting on it, cheated on Sherrie and remarried right after their divorce.

That's right -- thank you for the good recap.

For those interested in this particular rabbit hole, there are still a couple of online sources, both of them run by or at least connected to Frank Vance, the pseudonym of the blogger who was sued.

There's the Ministry Watchman (with its infamous header said to be Jen Fishbourne, formerly Jen Epstein)*.  There is also Contending for the Truth, which is entirely about the Ligonier lawsuit. 

*There's a lot of other cray-cray at Ministry Watchman since they were one of the first to go after VF & DPIART. Also, though it's long since been purged of its content, a counter-website (called Mrs. Binoculars) was put up by none other than Matt Chancey and was part of the Ligonier lawsuit mix. This website was one of the first attempts to pull back the curtain on Jen's less-than-savory associations with the kinist crowd & similar fellow-travelers.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I learned that R.C.'s sister Sherrie's first husband. Tim Dick, magically became qualified to be a top exec at Ligonier Ministries (he wrote that he wasn't a Christian till he married). He got paid lots, caused lots of trouble, sued a blogger for reporting on it, cheated on Sherrie and remarried right after their divorce.

Tim Dick was/is a few strawberries short of a picnic. Pretty amazing how he wound up becoming President and CEO of Ligonier Ministries. Just goes to show the power of nepotism. It's alleged that "Dickhead" (as he was less than affectionately referred to by his underlings at Ligonier) cost Ligonier over $1 million in lost donations due to his lawsuit against Christian blogger Frank Vance. Vance blew the whistle on Dickhead for allegedly stealing Don Kistler's ministry for Ligonier and Dickhead sued to silence him. Ligonier supporters were anything but pleased. It's all chronicled on Vance's blog.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

ETA: There are a few men in the thread arguing that Spanky's moral character may not be relevant in all situations, but their points don't go over well. One woman points out that Spanky and Lisa now attend a "Foursquare charismatic type church." And the woman who originally posted says that "He is in a desperate financial situation."

Darby followed up with a Yes when someone asked if it was true that Spanky was going to a Foursquare church. That's a pretty huge jump. Maybe Spanky's trying to pull a Mark Driscoll and is looking to fleece a flock that has no idea about his problems. Apparently Lisa mentioned the church in one of her videos, but I'm not going to listen to find out which one it is.

• Upvote 7

That FB convo on Spanky's new book is definitely worth checking out, despite some of the leghumping asshats who've shown up:

Judging Spanky.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

It's on Facebook. The comments are negative about both R.C. and Tullian Tchividjian, who wrote the forward. Darby is in the comments urging people not to buy the book. 

Is this posted publicly on FB? 

I should have kept reading.

Edited by Jezzable
  • Upvote 2

I think the church Spanky is associated with is Pinehills Church in Fort Wayne, IN. This is based on a trawl through his Facebook. It is unclear what denomination, if any, the church is associated with. I don't think it's Foursquare.

• Thank You 3

Plastered all over the Pine Hills Church website are pics of adults being baptized, and on their “Beliefs” page it says, “The Word of God places on the church two perpetual ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ. The first, believer’s baptism…” Doh! Any comment, Spanky?

And on their “Ministries” page we see they have a kids’ ministry, a ladies’ ministry, a youth ministry… Everything but a pets’ ministry. The very opposite of “family integrated,” wouldn’t you say, Spanks?

https://pinehills.church/ministries/

“Come hang with us”— Hey, Marky D., dat you, bro? Maybe you could take Spanky shopping for some cargo shorts and a puka shell necklace. You know, help him fit in.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

On 3/26/2019 at 12:38 AM, Banyan said:

Darby recently posted on her social media that she had been a victim of Steven Sitler's. Steven Sitler was a student at RC Sproul Jr's Highlands Study Center the summer before he went to be a student at Doug Wilson's NSA. Sproul boarded the students in the basement of his home just down the hall from his children's bedrooms giving Sitler easy access to the Sproul children.

I’d known he had been at Jrs Study Center for a while but not the rest - yet more reasons - if any were needed - to doubt Wilson’s claim that Sitler was open and honest with him. 

Edited by stylites
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, butterfly girl said:

Lots of information in a new article that just came out today  from Spiritual Sounding Board.

One tidbit from the section quoting Valerie Jacobson: He is also now a member of a Foursquare Pentecostal Church, where he is now involved in teaching ministry. 

My money is on RC working towards a full-time paid gig...with benefits!   

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

55 minutes ago, Howl said:

One tidbit from the section quoting Valerie Jacobson: He is also now a member of a Foursquare Pentecostal Church, where he is now involved in teaching ministry. 

My money is on RC working towards a full-time paid gig...with benefits!   

Well, well, well.  Foursquare began during the ministry of Aimee Semple McPherson and its general organization was led by a woman as of 2014.  Foursquare

Just guessing neither of those women endured repeated domestic discipline from any partner they might have had. Or not more than once.  But surely Spanky will testify to having seen the light and chucking his previous, abusive ways — if it benefits him. 

Tried reading some of the free pages available on the vanity publisher’s webdite. Couldn’t stick with it. I have no time to ferret out the actual facts from the bloviated text crowding in all over them. 

And I don’t really need to: I’m oretty certain that the theme is, “Precious and Dadsie didn’t understand each other all the time, but Dadsie DID for sure consider Precious worthy of every honor and benefit available. (So, gimme!)” 

Perfect timing to publish the book as he & TFLOTSH insinuate themselves into a new congregation. I do hope any honest persons in charge do their due diligence on this pair before giving them any kind of standing, at all. 

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic