IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

On January 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM, Petronella said:

Yikes. What an ignorant point of view. First of all, "I own 1 car." Well, that's more than a lot of people have, sweetheart! And some people have to work for that "1 car."

And thinking that by mere dint of having a job--of any kind, of any pay--would mean "buy[ing] anything and everything I want all the time." Oh, do you mean rent? Health insurance? Shoes that fit your growing child? Even people whose paychecks do enable them to buy some indulgences too aren't buying "anything and everything" they want. (And the spectrum between need and indulgence has a lot of gray in the middle, things that affect health, development, and quality of life without being strictly necessary for survival.)

She reminds me of Christian speakers who talk about what they gave up to become Christian speakers. "I could have been a movie star, but I chose to follow God!" "I could have been a wealthy, successful engineer, but I chose to follow God!" (Two specific people who I side-eyed even at the time, when I was at my most evangelical.) Potential =/= actual. You could have become a lot of things, maybe what you said, or maybe a waitress who had one national commercial ten years ago and nothing since, or a middle-level engineer living the life of Dilbert under an idiot boss. Or something in between. The choice isn't usually between "parenting your children" and "a life of Scrooge-McDuck-style unhinged debauchery", and acting like it is is straw-man ridiculousness.

Ohhh this reminds me of the time my ex pastor (a narcissist) said he would have left his wife and children "if I wasn't a Christian". Like what? Why you would you say that in front of said people or even at all?? You would have left your quiet, well mannered wife and children for what reason?   

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe Lori is going on about "quality time" because she sees one of her daughters-in-law (probably Emily) choosing to play with her children instead of cleaning. Maybe she reads to them and enjoys them rather than beating them and putting them in their rooms for hours at a time.  

I think Emily does a lot of things contrary to Lori's teachings. For example, I don't think she's into the Pearl method of child "training" after Lori came back from NY when Emily had her second child, she had a whole series of posts which I speculate were aimed at her. for example the post on modesty when breast feeding -- I'm guessing Emily was breastfeeding the new baby (modestly) but while others were in the room and Lori took exception to that. Then the next day there was a post about spanking your children and dealing with temper tantrums.  I'm also speculating that at that time the little girl may have been acting out/had a meltdown (very common when second child comes along...the child's routine is off, new people around, of of new activity, people coming and going and being dragged to the hospital to see this new sibling, etc.  It's overwhelming for a young child. My oldest was almost 3 when SongRed child #2 came along....and it was hard for a few weeks until we establish a new "normal.")    Speculating that Lori recommend a couple of good spankings to get the child to "fly right" and Emily and Steven recognizing it was just an adjustment period, refused to hit their child.   That was also at the same time Lori made her infamous Einkorn bread in inferior cookware and everyone declared it "marvelous." 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Ohhh this reminds me of the time my ex pastor (a narcissist) said he would have left his wife and children "if I wasn't a Christian". Like what? Why you would you say that in front of said people or even at all?? You would have left your quiet, well mannered wife and children for what reason?   

From personal experience, that is very damaging to a marriage. I feel so bad for that lady. If, as you describe, she is quiet and meek, she could be ripped apart inside and nobody would know. 

Spoiler

About 8 months after #3, I was telling my SO that I was struggling and I needed to go back to counseling and told him, we will be ok I just need to get my head back on straight. This was right after we had a major blow up and SO said we need to change how we disagree with each other - which I totally agreed with - screaming fights were not health. A little back story, #3 was my first - and only- c-section, i was in graduate school and working full time and child #1 and 2 were in school, etc. While discussing the fact we need to change how we argue, that is when he decided to tell me that sometimes he thinks of just walking away. That was 6 years ago and our marriage has never been the same. And he only told that to me, not a room full of people like your example. 

And to this day he doesn't understand why I am not like I was before he said that. I was truly stunned and felt like I had been punched in the gut. 

@Ken While your "gorgeous doll" was busily deleting scripture, and referring to it as "destructive", she let comments like these two stand:

poor.PNG.03b118b4e3074413404991d36479ad54.PNG

Can we stop pretending it's about Jesus, and acknowledge that her "message" is really about her absolute hatred of women?  Asking for a friend.

48 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

62C0E278-5653-4557-85BD-1CCC476C0387.thumb.jpeg.26a7cea336f548a127ea7f949fb26419.jpegthis is on her post about soul mates. I hope this guy isn’t serious. 

Oh sure ... what could possibly go wrong?

5 hours ago, freealljs said:

I wonder if Lori is taking personal jabs at Ken when she wrote about fathers spending quality time with their kids.  Perhaps Lori was not pleased that Ken may have taken time away from Princess Lori on his off days, to be a loving and doting father to their kids and grandkids.  I'm not pro-Ken at all, given the shit that he writes, but just trying to figure out who Lori is attacking with her quality time complaints.

Per Alyssa’s IG stories on Sunday, she and John had all 4 of Ryan and Erin’s kids. And Erin recently had a story about date night, as well as stories highlighting new gems/jewelry pieces.  

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Then the next day there was a post about spanking your children and dealing with temper tantrums.  I'm also speculating that at that time the little girl may have been acting out/had a meltdown (very common when second child comes along...the child's routine is off, new people around, of of new activity, people coming and going and being dragged to the hospital to see this new sibling, etc.  It's overwhelming for a young child. My oldest was almost 3 when SongRed child #2 came along....and it was hard for a few weeks until we establish a new "normal.")    Speculating that Lori recommend a couple of good spankings to get the child to "fly right" and Emily and Steven recognizing it was just an adjustment period, refused to hit their child.   

This makes me think back to when we brought our youngest home. His sister was 2 and while very excited about his arrival and very attached, it was a struggle. He was a projectile refluxer so I was spending time pumping so we could feed him in an elevated position. My days were filled with pumping, feeding, cleaning up puke, and trying to keep her feeling included. One night she was just fussy and out of sorts and in desperation, I asked her what was going on. She’s always been a very verbal child- she looked at me and said “I just want my mommy back”. My heart broke (11 years later I still tear up thinking about it). DH and I talked about it that night and I decided to switch to formula so I could better balance my time. I would have never reprimanded her, beat her, or suggested she deal with it. And I don’t regret the decision. To this day, both kids are securely attached to both of their parents (even though we both work), and they have a very close relationship. I shudder to think what Lori would have recommended. 

Women are bad decision makers...like men are so great in that department.  How many wars throughout history have been started by men?  But those have all been great decisions, right?  :pb_rollseyes:  And that's before we start on choices made by individual men that affect their families adversely...but yeah, men are supposed to make allllllll of the decisions, because penis.  Bleh. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

poor.PNG.03b118b4e3074413404991d36479ad54.PNG

So how would this hypothetical meat market of Jesse's work?  Richest man gets first pick?  Clergy and church elders first, and lower-status men get the leftovers?  First come, first served?  If two men wanted the same woman (or, let's be honest, the same teenaged girl), would they go to her father and start a bidding war?  Perform feats of physical strength and slay some dragons?  Have a Bible-quoting contest?  Would there be set auction days, or would a man just wander down to the wife store when he felt like getting married, and see who was in stock?  I'm kind of semi-interested in sketching out this dystopian world he's thinking of.

And to Shaun, who thinks that men are so much better at decision-making, all I can say is, dude, have you actually looked at most of history?  Because an awful lot of men have made an awful lot of spectacularly bad decisions.

Stop the presses!! Lori just learned you can clean you sink with dish soap!!! Seriously, she is 60 and has never done this before. 

:my_dodgy: Is she kidding me right now?  I swear, it's like she's trying to take dumb to a whole new level.  Did she honestly never think of washing her sink out with dish soap?  Really?

Nope.  I refuse to believe that.  Not happening.  Even Lori can't be that ridiculously dumb.

C'mon ya'll.  Does anyone really think Lori cleans her sink with anything other than a chicken juice soaked sacred Norwex cloth? Anyone? Nah me neither. 

Norwex is her god. Chicken juice just makes it that much better.

The sink is something that needs cleaning, soap cleans, dish soap is often located directly next to sink so it's not revolutionary lol. I figured this out as a child. Now combine dish soap with some baking powder and you got a nice cleaner for around the facets. 

This feminist- who was raised by a working mother (and father)- who also didn’t have many chores/responsibilities in the house- knows to clean the sink. I clean mine pretty much daily. I don’t use dish soap, though. I try to do a lot of natural cleansers and use vinegar and baking soda- but the kitchen sink and bathrooms get bleach. 

I think I figured it out- Lori is so used to having the maid clean her sink, that she honestly didn't know how to do it herself.  It's self imposed stupidity.  Again.  That woman is driven by her own laziness.

No wonder Lazy Lori suffers from all sorts of intestinal issues. I’ve alwasy said she is poisoning herself with her woo supplements and nasty cleaning practices. 

We don’t live in a society of arrange marriages any more. Most people wait because they haven’t found someone they want to spend their life with. Careers, school, volunteering, taking classes, having a life is all something to do to fill your time until you find the one if marriage is supposed to happen for you.

9E1341CE-B45D-4824-A50C-7539ABE25B70.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

We don’t live in a society of arrange marriages any more. Most people wait because they haven’t found someone they want to spend their life with. Careers, school, volunteering, taking classes, having a life is all something to do to fill your time until you find the one if marriage is supposed to happen for you.

9E1341CE-B45D-4824-A50C-7539ABE25B70.jpeg

I was just about 25 when I married. I did have a strong career foundation and while I wouldn’t say I “found myself” (because for me that is a journey I’m still on and probably always will be, based on my definition), I did have a good sense of self. I’ve always been mature for my age- a bit of an old soul- but marriage at 18 would have been a disaster. I absolutely found someone “better”- better for me. Dating didn’t make me bitter. I’m glad I didn’t settle- and while I agree no one is perfect, I found my perfect mate- he’s my best friend and soul mate. 

Also- both of my parents instilled in me that I shouldn’t pair up just to have someone to care for me, and I shouldn’t marry the first person that came along- I shouldn’t settle out of worry or because people thought it was time, or whatever. 

Curious to know the backstory with Lori’s leghumper, Severine. I don’t know how people get caught up in that lifestyle. Especially Christians. It’s absolutely mind boggling.  

Dear Severine used the word spinster the other day.  No Severine. I'm not a spinster who you are better than in any respect. I am a 59 year old unmarried woman with a strong sense of self-esteem who does not need to seek validation from a nitwit who just figured out how to clean her sink.  

My brother and I did know how to clean a sink at age 10 with dish soap and also know that we had to rinse the dish cloth with some dish soap after that also. We also did know that a dish cloth after using it for meat juices got washed and not only rinsed. What will she learn next, how to clean a toilet using the toilet brush or that you sweep the floor before wiping it and not the other way around?

48 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

What will she learn next, how to clean a toilet using the toilet brush or that you sweep the floor before wiping it and not the other way around?

Not using the same Norwex cloth on the toilet and sink/face?

So are Red pills like Jesse the male version of spinsters?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived