IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Please, pretty please copy that and paste it to her blog post.   She won't approve it, but she will still see it.  It's perfect.

I was hoping we could take up a collection and put it on a billboard at the end of her street or next to her health food store 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

You know actually write about something useful without condemning strangers you don't know?

Well that wouldn’t  be any fun at all for Lori! 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I did it as my alter ego, Misty Shagella

That's the name you picked for an alter ego? :laughing-rolling: I think I love you!

So I think Lori left off part of the meme when she posted it so I fixed it for her! Lol maybe I should make a dummy account and post it for her. 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@Sarah92 she also left off the picture of her, her kids, the nanny, and the maid(s). 

Too true! I wonder if she paid her's minimum wage or higher? You know, so the maid could eventually return to being a stay at home mom/ wife. 

Vaughn Ohlman ladies and gents. Vaughn. Effing. Ohlman.

Vaughn "Marry Them Off as Young as Possible in Arranged Marriages" Ohlman is commenting on Lori's FB page.  And she's engaging in conversation with him!! 

Oh dear God in Heaven. 

Ken we beg you. Stop her.  She's completely off the rails.  People are taking note.  Your customers are most likely taking note.  I assume you'd like to keep them as customers and attract new ones...... Well that won't happen if Lori keeps on openly courting MGTOW types and slime like Vaughn "No Girl Too Young to Marry" Ohlman.

Go be the Command Man Lori says you are and stop her. Before she ruins your business completely.

29 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Go be the Command Man Lori says you are and stop her. Before she ruins your business completely.

Why stop her? Let Lori stay the course. Actual consequences, especially financial, might be what it takes to get Lori to shut up. How long could Lori last without her 14 dollar butter or six weeks in Door County? For the record, I don't wish them financial ruin but I wouldn't feel sorry for them either.

11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Why stop her? Let Lori stay the course. Actual consequences, especially financial, might be what it takes to get Lori to shut up. How long could Lori last without her 14 dollar butter or six weeks in Door County? For the record, I don't wish them financial ruin but I wouldn't feel sorry for them either.

it's called facing consequences, a totally new idea for both of them.

52 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Vaughn "Marry Them Off as Young as Possible in Arranged Marriages" Ohlman is commenting on Lori's FB page.  And she's engaging in conversation with him!! 

@Red Hair, Black Dress I tried to find the post he was commenting on but couldn't work out which one it was. Which day is it from?

The usual Lori fangirl comment in which fangirl doesn't understand that some working moms don't have everything either. Many of us have said many times before that working moms aren't always doing it for material things. 

J- I knew from day 1 wife and mom.. I stayed home when they are little and I stay home now.. One of the BEST things we ever decided.. Did we have to make sacrifices yep.. I own 1 car do not get to buy anything and everything I want all the time.. Those choices are worth it 110% to take care of my family I would do it all over again..

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I wouldn't feel sorry for them either. Lori and Ken have said and posted so many shitty things about working women that would be difficult for me for empathize with them if they ended up in a bad situation. 

I have to give Lori a bit of credit for including a low paying job in her meme. Not all working moms are raking in huge bucks. But, many working women with low paying jobs are doing it to feed and clothe their families. There are also cases of working moms who are homeless with their kids and they work so the kids can have food or other necessities. Lori won't acknowledge those kinds of situations. 

I almost feel like making a meme that includes different salaries for different occupations that also includes the additional benefits that come with many of those jobs.  I saw a fangirl with the comment, "Money isn't everything".  It isn't everything, but there are positive benefits to having some extra money. Those fangirls don't get that many two income households are still paying off mortgages because not everyone can save up enough to buy a house in cash. Some of those families probably don't have their houses filled with designer clothes or gadgets because they are focusing on putting their money on other things like paying off the house, saving for college, and retirement savings. 

Another problem with Lori's meme and her rants against working women is that she doesn't see that areas have different costs of living. Some jobs that aren't high paying would be ok with some people in areas with lower COL. In some areas with high COL, high salaries don't always stretch out that much after the bills are paid. Some of Lori's SAHM fangirls living in low COL areas might not have a lot of money worries, but a SAHM in a high COL might have money worries. 

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

The usual Lori fangirl comment in which fangirl doesn't understand that some working moms don't have everything either. Many of us have said many times before that working moms aren't always doing it for material things. 

"J- I knew from day 1 wife and mom.. I stayed home when they are little and I stay home now.. One of the BEST things we ever decided.. Did we have to make sacrifices yep.. I own 1 car do not get to buy anything and everything I want all the time.. Those choices are worth it 110% to take care of my family I would do it all over again.."

Yikes. What an ignorant point of view. First of all, "I own 1 car." Well, that's more than a lot of people have, sweetheart! And some people have to work for that "1 car."

And thinking that by mere dint of having a job--of any kind, of any pay--would mean "buy[ing] anything and everything I want all the time." Oh, do you mean rent? Health insurance? Shoes that fit your growing child? Even people whose paychecks do enable them to buy some indulgences too aren't buying "anything and everything" they want. (And the spectrum between need and indulgence has a lot of gray in the middle, things that affect health, development, and quality of life without being strictly necessary for survival.)

She reminds me of Christian speakers who talk about what they gave up to become Christian speakers. "I could have been a movie star, but I chose to follow God!" "I could have been a wealthy, successful engineer, but I chose to follow God!" (Two specific people who I side-eyed even at the time, when I was at my most evangelical.) Potential =/= actual. You could have become a lot of things, maybe what you said, or maybe a waitress who had one national commercial ten years ago and nothing since, or a middle-level engineer living the life of Dilbert under an idiot boss. Or something in between. The choice isn't usually between "parenting your children" and "a life of Scrooge-McDuck-style unhinged debauchery", and acting like it is is straw-man ridiculousness.

9 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

She just wont' let up on the working woman thing in the last 2 weeks. Post after post....wonder who is considering getting a job? 

I'm thinking it might be her daughter Cassi. Cassi and her husband may have debt issues because he left pharmacy school to pursue dental school. I might be wrong, but I kind of remember it being mentioned that the husband is planning to go into orthodontics which means another more schooling and expenses.

Cassi has worked in the past and she did work part time when she and the husband moved for his dental school. They have two kids now and kids are never cheap. 

Comments to the quality time post.

These comments piss me off because for all those two women know the children of those homes might not have had those homes without their moms working.  I believe that blessings come in different forms which might mean that children are blessed that they have homes and food and guess what T, sometimes that can't be done on dad's income. 

Just because there a SAHM in the household doesn't mean it's a warm household. Lori's household didn't seem all that warm. She had a nanny around holding her crying daughter, she made her sons go into their rooms at certain times of the day so Lori could nap. 

ETA: Is it wrong of me to want these fangirls to get a big smack of shit happens reality someday? 

J-I’ve entered many of those cold and dark homes because no one was ever there. 
Elizabeth George said in her homemaking book: Be at home more than you’re out. The more you’re at home, the warmer it is. ? I live by this.

T- I took having a stay at home mom when I was growing up for granted until I got to junior high and was talking with a girl in class who said she was always jealous when she would go to a friend's house after school and their mom was there waiting with cookies or a snack and wanting to hear all about their day. Made me realize how blessed I was.

I love this little thread of comments. The OP never replied to the question about living below or above the poverty line.  There are other comments are probably going to be deleted soon because the commenters have said they don't want kids and one person replied that she would take the $100/hour job with kids and would have the husband take care of them.

2mocaqc.jpg

17 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@Sarah92 she also left off the picture of her, her kids, the nanny, and the maid(s). 

I wonder if her nanny and maid(s) were documented.  I wouldn't put it past her to use an undocumented worker yet to complain immigration.

I had a SAHM until I was in junior high. After that my mom worked part-time until my youngest sibling was in junior high. She's worked full time since. I've worked in daycares and seriously, those kids are just fine. The real issue is parental care and love. Children do just fine be it at home or at a daycare as long as they are loved and the parents are involved in their lives. Too involved can also be an issue, but that's another story. 

Lori clearly only stayed home with her kids because she's too lazy to work. However, her children often did attend school so she was not always home with them and I don't think she ever homeschooled all 4 at once. Lori strikes me as disinterested in her children's lives unless it is to her benefit or would make her "look bad". She likes control. Her extent of being involved with her kids was her ability to control them. If she cannot control them as she wants, she gets angry and passive aggressive to try and manipulate them into getting her way. 

22 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I had a SAHM until I was in junior high. After that my mom worked part-time until my youngest sibling was in junior high. She's worked full time since. I've worked in daycares and seriously, those kids are just fine. The real issue is parental care and love. Children do just fine be it at home or at a daycare as long as they are loved and the parents are involved in their lives. Too involved can also be an issue, but that's another story. 

Lori clearly only stayed home with her kids because she's too lazy to work. However, her children often did attend school so she was not always home with them and I don't think she ever homeschooled all 4 at once. Lori strikes me as disinterested in her children's lives unless it is to her benefit or would make her "look bad". She likes control. Her extent of being involved with her kids was her ability to control them. If she cannot control them as she wants, she gets angry and passive aggressive to try and manipulate them into getting her way. 

I don't think Cassi was ever homeschooled. There are two year gaps between Lori's kids. IIRC, she said that Alyssa was homeschooled for three years out of four during high school and the boys were homeschooled during middle school. She said that during the time she homeschooled the boys, they just did math for a couple of years and they had to read in their rooms. I don't think she has ever posted how she homeschooled Alyssa.

Again, these fangirls don't get that shit happens in life. Husbands aren't immortal and jobs can be lost. 

M- People who put their money before their children, should.not have children. 
If your husband can take care of the income, there's no reason why you should no stay home with the children. Your only excuses are selfishness and greed, all the while your children will suffer.
Very sad to see how this mentality is plaguing my generation.

10 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I don't think Cassi was ever homeschooled. There are two year gaps between Lori's kids. IIRC, she said that Alyssa was homeschooled for three years out of four during high school and the boys were homeschooled during middle school. She said that during the time she homeschooled the boys, they just did math for a couple of years and they had to read in their rooms. I don't think she has ever posted how she homeschooled Alyssa.

If Alyssa was on a pre-professional dance track at a decent school, she may have been homeschooled but was still out of the house in dance classes and/or rehearsals for hours every day, and likely went away during the summer for intensives, as well. But who knows what really happened - even Lori can't remember which of her stories is the truth these days.

How much homeschooling could Lori have actually given any of them, though? Despite having been a teacher, the way she brags about having learned nothing in college and makes an actual effort to be as stupid as she possibly can is telling. The only effort she ever puts forth is to demean people, delete disagreements, and proclaim her own stupidity. If men are as superior to women as Lori says, she had no business homeschooling the boys, anyway.

Remember, this is the lady who is so dumb that when her area was evacuated due to an approaching fire, she had to call her son-in-law to ask what to do. Because common sense is located in the penis, apparently.*

*I know quite a few men who prove this wrong!

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I wonder if her nanny and maid(s) were documented.  I wouldn't put it past her to use an undocumented worker yet to complain immigration.

During the 2016 election, Lori posted about being upset with Trump's comments about undocumented immigrants and she said knew undocumented immigrants and that they were trying to make things better for their families by coming to the US. There was speculation on FJ about Ken and Lori having an undocumented people working from them as maids or landscapers due to possible cheap labor costs. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived