IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Tom Cruise as Gil. Both short and nuts.

Waaaaaay too good looking.

I know we're taking liberties and if they ever make a movie about FJ I will insist on being played by Valerie Bertinelli who looks nothing at all like me ...

But crazy as he is Tom Cruise is good looking af and I just can't suspend disbelief enough to see him as Gil.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know we're taking liberties and if they ever make a movie about FJ I will insist on being played by Valerie Bertinelli who looks nothing at all like me ...

I'll call dibs right now on Jennifer Garner. She and I are the same age, and I think she looks great!

• Upvote 3

If we're making an FJ movie I have to be played by Audrey Plaza (April Ludgate from Parks & Rec), since apparently she is my doppelganger. 

My fundie doppelganger is Chelsy Bontrager. So if we ever make a movie where FJers are cast as fundies, I will be Chelsy Bontrager. Which... is a really weird idea and I'm sorry I even articulated it in text. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

Robert de Niro would play Gothard.

Don Johnson as Ken Alexander.

Woody Harrelson as Steven Anderson.

Mel Gibson as Steve Maxwell

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

*Aubrey - and it’s too late to edit. Autocorrect hates me.

Autocorrect hates everyone and I have no idea why but I'm shocked you're not blonde :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Autocorrect hates everyone and I have no idea why but I'm shocked you're not blonde :pb_lol:

Everyone here says that! Whenever I tell people on FJ I'm a brunette, they're shocked I'm not a blonde. I wish I could figure out why because it's hilarious!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Awww I was hoping for Kathy Bates in full Misery style as Kelly. :P I mean she's older, but she would be hilarious!

I want Karen Gillan to play me. :P

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Everyone here says that! Whenever I tell people on FJ I'm a brunette, they're shocked I'm not a blonde. I wish I could figure out why because it's hilarious!

I’ll stand by my theory about avatars and looks. We think of you as blonde because the deer in your avatar is quite light coloured and that’s the image we connect with your name. 

For example, I always picture @VelociRapture as Jana because of her old avatar. Her changing to Sam has me thinking she had a very drastic hair cut. Very confusing.

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I’ll stand by my theory about avatars and looks. We think of you as blonde because the deer in your avatar is quite light coloured and that’s the image we connect with your name. 

For example, I always picture @VelociRapture as Jana because of her old avatar. Her changing to Sam has me thinking she had a very drastic hair cut. Very confusing.

Lol! I had multiple people say I looked like Alicia Silverstone when I was in high school and I had one person say I looked like Duchess Catherine a few years back (I still consider this to be my favorite compliment of all time), but I’ve never gotten Jana before!  :pb_lol:

I did just cut about three inches off my hair though, so the longest layer is right at my shoulders now. I was hoping it’d do something to tame those weird fly away things I’ve got going on, but my hair was like:

8622CF7A-6CFA-4B0E-B614-21CABBA9EB75.jpeg.7897347cfd3ac3da146ab8d3bd679677.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

@VelociRapture it's so funny that you used to get Alicia Silverstone, because I think that's actually pretty close to how I picture you! Just with darker hair, like... light to medium brown hair. I know I should really picture you as a velociraptor, but my brain won't cooperate! And Duchess Catherine doesn't surprise me, even though I've never seen you, simply because you are a class act.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:27 PM, Audrey2 said:

I'll call dibs right now on Jennifer Garner. She and I are the same age, and I think she looks great!

Man, how did someone already call this one? I have been told by multiple people that I am her resting bitch faced doppelganger! Fine, I'm taking a young Lynda Carter then, cause I'm tall and have dark hair and drunk dudes have called me Wonder Woman in strange attempts to hit on me.

@VelociRapture I have always pictured you as looking and sounding just like Anna Kendrick. 

And I was picturing @singsingsing as a blonde long before she had her Rufus avatar. Have no idea why. And in my mind @Carm_88 kinda looks like Bonnie Wright, maybe with glasses?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

@VelociRapture it's so funny that you used to get Alicia Silverstone, because I think that's actually pretty close to how I picture you! Just with darker hair, like... light to medium brown hair. I know I should really picture you as a velociraptor, but my brain won't cooperate! And Duchess Catherine doesn't surprise me, even though I've never seen you, simply because you are a class act.

Lol! I swear waaaaaaay too much to be a class act. I think the woman only said that because I’m on the tall side of average height and I have similar coloring to Duchess Catherine. 

Oddly enough, a neighbor recently said that my daughter reminded her of Princess Charlotte. That was mostly because I had her hair clipped to the side and that’s a style Charlotte is often photographed wearing. 

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

@VelociRapture I have always pictured you as looking and sounding just like Anna Kendrick. 

I take back my prior comment. THIS is my new favorite compliment. I love Anna Kendrick! Her twitter gives me life. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5

The only time I was compared to a 'famous' person is that apparently I look like a Dutch politician. I wish someone would compare me to an actress since they are usually quite pretty ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I want Zoe Saldana to play me. I’m a short, portly, freckled (auto correct gave me freakled, ill take that too) greying ginger with big boobs and a half paralysed face. So I figured it is her or the phantom of the opera. 

8 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

Hannah Zeile (she plays teenage Kate on This Is Us) could pass as a Tori Bates twin! 

I had to look her up. I can see it. Also the girl who plays the even younger version looks like tori too. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

And I was picturing @singsingsing as a blonde long before she had her Rufus avatar. Have no idea why. And in my mind @Carm_88 kinda looks like Bonnie Wright, maybe with glasses?

I will take that! :) Hahah

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, VelociRapture said:

Lol! I had multiple people say I looked like Alicia Silverstone when I was in high school and I had one person say I looked like Duchess Catherine a few years back (I still consider this to be my favorite compliment of all time), but I’ve never gotten Jana before!  :pb_lol:

I did just cut about three inches off my hair though, so the longest layer is right at my shoulders now. I was hoping it’d do something to tame those weird fly away things I’ve got going on, but my hair was like:

8622CF7A-6CFA-4B0E-B614-21CABBA9EB75.jpeg.7897347cfd3ac3da146ab8d3bd679677.jpeg

I definitely see you as Jana thanks to your last avatar! lol 

I was also once told I resembled Kate, which I do not see myself, but I think she's beautiful so I'll take it. I've also been given Leighton Meester (which yeah like I'm a pale, petite, brunette but that's where the resemblance ends), Eva Longoria (?? see pale previously mentioned), and my all time favorite is Alicia Keys. Again, super fair, pale Irish/German girl with light brown/auburn-ish hair. My grandfather INSISTED Alicia Keys and I were twins to the point of printing me out a side by side comparison he made himself on his computer. He was so proud of himself and was at least already 80 at the time so we just went with it, but it cracks me up.

I do find all of the above mentioned women beautiful though and accept them as compliments... just don't think I look like any of them. 

• Upvote 5

When I was in fourth grade and having my usual trouble at school picture day - the photographer said I was a young Farrah Fawcett. :wtf: said little Alice. (circa 1988) And the picture was the same as ever- in need of a retake.

• Upvote 3

I am apparently Jennifer Grey's twin, although to a lesser extent I also get Julia Ormond.  

I always thought I was super weird looking growing up, so I love hearing that people think that 'look' can be beautiful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I am always told that I look like a blonde "slightly more alive" Kristen Stewart. Not sure if I should feel offended or flattered. :my_rolleyes:

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

There was a time in my life when if I went out with my hair in a ponytail, it was inevitable that someone would tell me that I look exactly like Sarah Silverman. One time in an airport over the course of about 30 minutes two different people sang that Matt Damon song to me. Then realized I wasn't her when I responded with my Southern accent. (Side note: I feel bad for celebrities who have weird people do stuff like that to them. Like, I would NEVER act like that.)

People still tell me I look like her, but not to the extent that they did back when she was dating Jimmy Kimmel and on his show all the time a decade ago.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

My girlfriend thinks I look like Amanda Seiyfried, I personally don't think I'm half as pretty as her but that's the only person I can think of to play me. Tatiana Nabieva is a Russian gymnast and I think I look a bit like her. 

One time a five year old told me I look like the portrait "A Girl With A Pearl Earring" and that was probably my favorite compliment ever. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

@BeccaGrim I am late to reply about the FabFitFun thing, but a LOT of us in the sub community complained about the Dillard FFF promo and sure enough, she was gone. Honestly, I will be taking this to the sub community I admin (which has a LOT of FFF customers both in the US and Canada) and letting them know about the Bates and their toxic beliefs. I don't understand how patriarchical homeschooling fundies fit their brand at all.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:38 AM, CarrotCake said:

The only time I was compared to a 'famous' person is that apparently I look like a Dutch politician. I wish someone would compare me to an actress since they are usually quite pretty ?

I have been compared to Nicole Kidman, Rachel McAdams, Molly Ringwald and Shirley Temple. I would rather be the politician!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic