IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

22 minutes ago, mpheels said:

They were in the Jungfrau region, which is in the German speaking part of Switzerland, but everything there is in English as well. Traditional Fondue in that region definitely has wine, but they are clueless and didn’t bother reading/asking. I vacationed in the same part of Switzerland last summer - beautiful place, and I like to think the locals spent a lot of time snarking behind Joy and Austin’s backs (as I saw/heard them do to many clueless tourists while I was there - everyone assumed I was a local...)

Yeah, I laughed when he said it had a twang or something. Of course it did. I make fondue now and then and if you'd ever smelled wine you'd have to know it was in there, wafting into the air with the rising heat. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Thorns said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtxNaBajUyB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ex8ajc67bm1b

Well, the comments on this one did not last long! They were getting a lot of push back. 

I missed it, what were they saying? I can't watch the video right now either but I'm sure it's full of ignorant bullshit. 

2 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Do you (or anyone else) know anything about @freedomists that they were recommending that you can summarize here?

Here's their webpage: https://www.freedomists.us/

The first two articles I saw were about how abortion is just like the Holocaust and how America really really needs a border wall. It bills itself as a "movement" you can join. 

So much for Joy and Austin being quiet fundies who mind their own business. 

ETA: They also want to end birthright citizenship. 

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Here's their webpage: https://www.freedomists.us/

The first two articles I saw were about how abortion is just like the Holocaust and how America really really needs a border wall. It bills itself as a "movement" you can join. 

So much for Joy and Austin being quiet fundies who mind their own business. 

Ignorant asses. If you knew anything about the Holocaust you would never dare say something like that. Take your horrid bullshit thoughts and keep them to yourselves. And yes I am looking at Jessa and Ben for this too because they posted something similar! 

As for America needing a border wall, nope. America needs to be protected from people like you and your horrid beliefs. 

I LOVE THE SMELL OF DOMINIONISM IN THE MORNING JUST KIDDING I HATE IT!

Ugh at Austin's video too. "Does freedom have boundaries? Is it a free-for-all?" Just say you're afraid of immigrants and quit beating around the bush, jeez.

Anyway, "Freedomists" sounds like a word invented by Stephen Colbert. The Freedomists! Followers of Freedomy! (Or Freedomism?) They're gonna Freedomize the nation!!

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Yeah, it looks like the guy on the insta.  I'm getting some pretty intense white supremacist vibes. 

It's the Richard Spencer hairdo, isn't it?

It's really bad there wasn't a wall when Joy and Austin's ancestors decided to steal the land from American Indians and First Nations peoples.

GTFO Austin, you ignorant, uneducated prick.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:41 PM, lumpentheologie said:

*snip*

ETA: They also want to end birthright citizenship. 

Better would be to end the forced citizenship and allow/keep birthright. There a a lot of "Americans" out there that do not want citizenship and are not fond of that country at all (can we tell I am bitter still about my infant having that forced on him). I do not understand why you would NOT want people who take such risks to be in that country, to birth their babies in that country, to be citizens? They love that place as much as you and you get the bonus that they are documented, can have jobs and pay taxes, no extra waste from tax money being diverted to deporting people who really don't have another "home". I think you should always be eligible for citizenship of the country you were born in (allowed to claim, not forced to have) AND allowed a dual citizenship of a country you reside in long term (not solely the US's fault on that one). Also would be totally fine with no citizenship and we call it like it is: humans on the planet earth.

(Disclaimer before someone comes after me: Yes I know I could just give up mine, did you know that cost ~$3000 (before possible exit taxes, though I likely would not have any)? Not chump change I have lying around. Yes I know my kids can renounce for free for the first 6 months after they turn 18, but that is pretty big decision to put on an newly turned 18 year old and heavily influenced by the things going on at the time e.g. one might have wanted to keep under Obama and the brighter days, but renounce under Trump and the fear of what is showing itself. I think that is a lot on 18 year old who barely remembers another way and struggling to understand the eb and flow of history and all that in roughly a 6 month period (even with talking about/researching before).)

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Fucking twits.

I heartily suggest the episode of "Adam Ruins Everything" on the whole wall thing - it outlines, with cited sources, exactly how and why it's a stupid-ass fucking idea. Then you can quote sources at your annoying cousins when you go home for a baby shower (I definitely haven't done that..... well, just that one time......) It's on Netflix and phrases my complaints and logic better than I ever could.

The guy has a quote from the declaration of independence on the bottom of the "who we are" page and I couldn't help but read it to the tune of Hamilton and now I kinda wish he would take the time to listen to it and learn what freedom actually means because clearly, he doesn't know the true meaning of it.  

On 2/14/2019 at 6:07 AM, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

(Disclaimer before someone comes after me: Yes I know I could just give up mine, did you know that cost ~$3000 (before possible exit taxes, though I likely would not have any)? Not chump change I have lying around. Yes I know my kids can renounce for free for the first 6 months after they turn 18, but that is pretty big decision to put on an newly turned 18 year old and heavily influenced by the things going on at the time e.g. one might have wanted to keep under Obama and the brighter days, but renounce under Trump and the fear of what is showing itself. I think that is a lot on 18 year old who barely remembers another way and struggling to understand the eb and flow of history and all that in roughly a 6 month period (even with talking about/researching before).)

Not to mention the intimidating one-on-one interviews they insist on doing where they sit you down and tell you about how America is the greatest country on earth and why would you want to leave somewhere do great what's wrong with you!! And then the mandatory waiting period between the interview and actually taking the oaths (before which you have to sit through The Talk again). And also the fact that they can actually reject your renunciation if they don't approve the reason.

Renouncing is way harder than most people think, and apparently a lot of people sort of give up on it after that first interview.

Joy is promoting thrive market, the same one that Jinger is promoting. I wonder how that lines up with the Optavia diet, or if she already ditched that one?

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joy is promoting thrive market, the same one that Jinger is promoting. I wonder how that lines up with the Optavia diet, or if she already ditched that one?

A box of Stevia and a bag of Xylitol were part of her order. Wonder who will consume all that and how? It should last a good, long time.

13 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Anything that lines up with getting money works for fundies. 

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

and a bag of Xylitol were part of her order. 

Good grief I hope they don't have a dog as it is toxic for dogs and you have to be careful to keep it away from them.

She mentioned that she was trying a new formula for Gideon, but that he’d never been on formula before. I thought she stopped breastfeeding a while back? Did she mean she was exclusively pumping before? Confused 

I thought I had stumbled on to Jill's instagram. Joy's distorted pillow of her face in the background (of her shilling some shoppping) made her look so much like Jill, it creeped me out. Previously I have only seen Jessa in Joy. I considered Jill an outsider in looking like the rest of the girls, though I think Justin looks like her.  Jinger  is a bit of a one off too. Though it must be noted that Jana and Jill looked like twins when young. 

Random ramblings. 

I also like to compare who is more duggar and who is more ruark

I use James as a baseline as he is Cousin Amy's long lost twin so alllllll Duggar

I put Jinger as the most Ruark

Jill and Justin as more Duggar 

Just off the top of my head.....

16 hours ago, Eponine said:

Not to mention the intimidating one-on-one interviews they insist on doing where they sit you down and tell you about how America is the greatest country on earth and why would you want to leave somewhere do great what's wrong with you!! And then the mandatory waiting period between the interview and actually taking the oaths (before which you have to sit through The Talk again). And also the fact that they can actually reject your renunciation if they don't approve the reason.

Renouncing is way harder than most people think, and apparently a lot of people sort of give up on it after that first interview.

Wait what!?! To the bolded, I had not read or heard about this yet. Do you have any links I can read up on? My husband and I have been considering scenarios where it would make sense for me to renounce, but this is news to me and could be helpful in planning. I cannot even anymore with that place.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived