• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Bethella

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

FloraKitty35
1 hour ago, hasunah said:

What's more likely, an Arndt wedding or winning the lottery ?

Winning the lottery

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

SolomonFundy
6 hours ago, hasunah said:

Well, there are people in the world who have actually won the lottery. Whereas the entire junior Arndt coven is doomed to a life of parental servitude, saltpeter birthday cake, and the cinematic purgatory that is Vine Valley. 

At this point, I assume that they've made their peace with things, and have collectively decided to settle down right where they are with their respective penguin-shaped fleshlights.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

Tangy Bee

Is Tim Tebow considered to be a fundie?? If so, he should be put on the list. Appears he is "special friends" with Miss Universe. Looks like his virgin days might be coming to an end soon if she is the one he's been waiting on.

Bethella
44 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is Tim Tebow considered to be a fundie?? If so, he should be put on the list. Appears he is "special friends" with Miss Universe. Looks like his virgin days might be coming to an end soon if she is the one he's been waiting on.

I’d call him a conservative Christian not a fundie but I can add him if people want me to.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Mrs. Bean
20 hours ago, hasunah said:

Definitely the lottery:D

Meh
EmainMacha
14 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

their respective penguin-shaped fleshlights.

😆 This makes me giggle like a 10 year old boy and i don't even know why. Fleshlights:penguin-no:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Briefly
21 hours ago, hasunah said:

We should all go buy lottery tickets right away!  I'll drive, but I can only fit 4 or 5 other people in my car.  Anybody got a van?

CaptainFunderpants
17 hours ago, Briefly said:

We should all go buy lottery tickets right away!  I'll drive, but I can only fit 4 or 5 other people in my car.  Anybody got a van?

Where's Uriah when you need him?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Patience Pennington looks like her mom in that photo. 

Is the probability of an Arndt marrying as low as a Maxwell girl marrying, or is it lower?

singsingsing
2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Is the probability of an Arndt marrying as low as a Maxwell girl marrying, or is it lower?

Wow, that's a tough one, but honestly? I think I'd say the probability of an Arndt marrying is lower! Of the Maxwell girls, only Sarah is 'past her prime' so to speak when it comes to the fundie marriage market. Anna and Mary are both in their early-mid 20s so they still have plenty of time to court and marry. Whereas there are several Arndts in their 30s and none of them have married so far, which makes it seem less like a coincidence and more like a conscious choice...

Lurky

Ok, variation on the Q - which would cause FJ to go into a bigger meltdown: the news of an Arndt son or a Maxwell daughter marrying??

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

lexiloumarie
4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Ok, variation on the Q - which would cause FJ to go into a bigger meltdown: the news of an Arndt son or a Maxwell daughter marrying??

I think an Arndnt would be a bigger deal, but a Maxwell daughter would cause a bigger meltdown - only because we likely wouldn't know until after the wedding. 

Bethella

I think a Maxwell daughter wedding would cause a bigger meltdown simply because they have a larger following here.

Meh
Dandruff

I have a pretty good idea of the sort of guy who might marry one of the Maxwell daughters - not likable, but human, and functional in some domains.

I can't imagine who/what might be paired up with an Arndt son.  If there's an announcement, I'll be checking for recent UFO sightings.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

singsingsing

A Maxwell daughter marriage would definitely cause a bigger meltdown on FJ, I think. I feel like the reaction to an Arndt marriage would be more like, "Oh, finally. Good for him." But a Maxwell daughter getting married would cause an enormous ruckus, both because more people follow them, and because so many people feel like it's impossible and those young women are going to be trapped in Maxhell forever (let's not speculate on whether being transferred from Maxhell to a Steve-approved headship would actually be an improvement).

Meh
Palimpsest
2 hours ago, Lurky said:

Either would probably crash FJ as the regulars would be rejoicing and 1,000 lurkers would join to tell us they knew it would happen.  We have been so wrong about those sweet girls and boys.

OTOH, if a Maxwell daughter marries an Arndt - life as we know it would be over.  Pigs will fly, snowballs will remain icy in Hell, comets will crash and burn, satellites will go out of orbit, and not just FJ - the entire internet will fail - never to recover.

It will be the Apocalypse, my friends!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2

Meh
Katzchen24
10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

OTOH, if a Maxwell daughter marries an Arndt - life as we know it would be over.  Pigs will fly, snowballs will remain icy in Hell, comets will crash and burn, satellites will go out of orbit, and not just FJ - the entire internet will fail - never to recover.

It will be the Apocalypse, my friends!

There'd certainly be a ruckus over who would record the wedding - an Arndt or a Maxwell? Maybe the Arndts will do the video and Christopher can take the photos.....

JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

There'd certainly be a ruckus over who would record the wedding - an Arndt or a Maxwell? Maybe the Arndts will do the video and Christopher can take the photos.....

And they would fight over whose drone would be used to deliver the wedding rings. 

CaptainFunderpants
19 hours ago, Bethella said:

I think a Maxwell daughter wedding would cause a bigger meltdown simply because they have a larger following here.

Because the Maxwells actually do stuff.

I wonder how much of the Arndt following is hibernating. I've been keeping an eye on the Arndts since their original TLC special, but I've only periodically hung out on the Ardnt board here because nothing ever happens with that family. And so if the Arndts started marrying off their sons (or Wizzy got married), I feel like it could easily cause a HUUUGE hullabaloo.

JermajestyDuggar
16 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Because the Maxwells actually do stuff.

I wonder how much of the Arndt following is hibernating. I've been keeping an eye on the Arndts since their original TLC special, but I've only periodically hung out on the Ardnt board here because nothing ever happens with that family. And so if the Arndts started marrying off their sons (or Wizzy got married), I feel like it could easily cause a HUUUGE hullabaloo.

I think it depends on how it’s handled. If the Arndts report after the fact that a brother is married with little info to go on, it might not get a lot of attention. But if an engagement is announced, wedding planning is discussed, and beautiful wedding pictures are posted, I could see a lot of traffic happening. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Lurky
20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

So next Q - is there any family pairing that would cause a bigger melt down?  I guess a Bates and a Duggar would burn everything down, because there are so many more people following them...  But I wonder how a Rod/Anderson or Rod/Shrader wedding would compare in FJ explosions?

(And another Q for everyone - what's your ideal/most terrifying Fundy "crossing the streams" wedding?  Not about individuals marrying each other, but more for the FJ spectacle of worlds colliding/parents interacting?)

JermajestyDuggar
45 minutes ago, Lurky said:

So next Q - is there any family pairing that would cause a bigger melt down?  I guess a Bates and a Duggar would burn everything down, because there are so many more people following them...  But I wonder how a Rod/Anderson or Rod/Shrader wedding would compare in FJ explosions?

(And another Q for everyone - what's your ideal/most terrifying Fundy "crossing the streams" wedding?  Not about individuals marrying each other, but more for the FJ spectacle of worlds colliding/parents interacting?)

A Rod pairing with a Maxwell, Duggar, or Bates would cause an absolute apocalypse on FJ. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Meh
albireo
55 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I'd want to see the Rods meet the Maxwells, Frazers, or Shamblins (all for very different reasons). An Arndt-Botkin or Arndt-Mally wedding would probably break the universe about as much as an Arndt-Maxwell one would. A Duggar twin double wedding with anyone, but especially another set of twins, would break FJ.

JermajestyDuggar
Just now, albireo said:

A Duggar twin double wedding with anyone, but especially another set of twins, would break FJ.

I’ve been hoping for Jed and Jer to fall in love with the Burnett twins since JD and Abbie started courting. 

Baba O'Riley

Delurking to ask:  Do the Maxwells and Arndts know each other?