IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Cecily (Bradrick) Barnes was on the list but I just noticed she isn't. Anyway, on FB it looks like she had a baby boy in December. Don't know the name.

Long time lurker, first time poster, hello! I don't think this has been posted yet, but Kaeleigh (Holt) Tull announced that she's having her first girl after three boys.

3 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

I thought Cecily (Bradrick) Barnes was on the list but I just noticed she isn't. Anyway, on FB it looks like she had a baby boy in December. Don't know the name.

She was due on 29 November. When we didn't hear anything about the birth I pulled her off the list. 

47 minutes ago, unculturedswine said:

Long time lurker, first time poster, hello! I don't think this has been posted yet, but Kaeleigh (Holt) Tull announced that she's having her first girl after three boys.

She was added to the list on 31 October, due in mid May 2019 but no one had posted that it's a girl.

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

She was due on 29 November. When we didn't hear anything about the birth I pulled her off the list. 

She was added to the list on 31 October, due in mid May 2019 but no one had posted that it's a girl.

She just posted it on her Facebook a few days ago for those that want a source.

According to a prayer's letter I read, Joanna (Klein) Brainard is expecting her baby for february. She's going to give birth at Manaus, in Brazil where her husband Ezra and her  are missionary. 

31 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

According to a prayer's letter I read, Joanna (Klein) Brainard is expecting her baby for february. She's going to give birth at Manaus, in Brazil where her husband Ezra and her  are missionary. 

I posted on the fundie relationships thread that she'd got married earlier in 2018 and looked like she was pregnant in the photo on the Klein blog, but forgot to post about it in this thread as well. I didn't know when she was due so thanks for that info. 

I’m guessing this is Kathryn and Daniel Staddon’s child. They might be going for a J theme since older brother is Jason. Or it’s a coincidence. 

439A475D-9103-4C5A-A3D3-F8EF5E6611E9.jpeg

She's adorable! Seems like the name Jubilee is getting pretty popular among fundies. I have never heard it on anyone in real life.

22 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

She's adorable! Seems like the name Jubilee is getting pretty popular among fundies. I have never heard it on anyone in real life.

Didn't both the Duggar and Bates family name a miscarriaged child that?

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Didn't both the Duggar and Bates family name a miscarriaged child that?

Yup, first the Bates then the Duggars. We discussed at the time how strange that was... Carolina Bontrager also had a Jubilee last year. I don't know if there are any others in families that we follow. The name is cute but sounds a little goofy to me. 

22 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Yup, first the Bates then the Duggars. We discussed at the time how strange that was... Carolina Bontrager also had a Jubilee last year. I don't know if there are any others in families that we follow. The name is cute but sounds a little goofy to me. 

Doug Phillips has an adult daughter named Jubilee. 

In Krahn family, Rebekah had a Jubilee in 2013... In Kendall family, Prentiss had a Sedalia Jubilee in 2015...... Carrie Redman had a Jubilee in 2013.... Popular, sure !

Anna Wilkinson changed her name to Tirzah Jubilee as well.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing this is Kathryn and Daniel Staddon’s child. They might be going for a J theme since older brother is Jason. Or it’s a coincidence. 

Huh, I'm surprised they didn't include Sara somewhere in her name. Didn't Kathryn want to change her own name to Sara at some point?

In one of the multiple bibliomancy scenes in their engagement story (lol), she "planned to change her name to Sara-Kathryn at marriage." I don't know if she ever ended up doing it!

Jubilee was used 182 times for females in the US in 2017

225 times in 2016

2015- 229

2014 - 167

2013 - 155

2012 - 159

2011 - 104

2010 - 94

2009 - 93

2008 - 88

2007 - 60

2006 - 66

So that's the past 11 years of available data. It almost exactly tripled in use over the decade of 2007-2017, but its 'peak' was in 2015 and 2016. But it's still used so rarely that peaks and things don't mean a huge amount statistically. To give some context, other names used 182 times for baby girls in the US in 2017 include Aliyana, Gisselle, Kylah, Meera, Oakleigh, Rowen, and Shea (those spellings only- I know a couple of those names have more popular spelling variants and Oakleigh and it's variants in particular have strangely exploded in popularity the past couple of years).

At it's highest popularity in 2015, other names that were used 229 times that year included Jurnee, Keily, and Tess. If you go up even 5 more uses to 234 times, that includes names such as Scout, Carley, Kourtney, Magdalena, Maxine, Rilynn, and Saanvi. 

Jubilee has never been ranked in the top 1000 names in the US. I suspect it is a popular niche name with the fundies, as in one used it and then others heard it from them and thought it was nice and so they used it, and then a few more fundies heard it from those people so it was on their mind too and thus it's little pocket of popularity :) Unless a mainstream celebrity uses it, I don't see it shooting up the charts too quickly and it will probably stay fairly stable. 

Apologies for my name-nerdiness- I looked it up in my files of name data that I refer to with some regularity to satisfy my own curiosity because I've never paid any attention to it before.

Jubilee Staddon is a very cute baby!

54 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

In one of the multiple bibliomancy scenes in their engagement story (lol), she "planned to change her name to Sara-Kathryn at marriage." I don't know if she ever ended up doing it!

Was their a reason why she was going to change her first name. 

39 minutes ago, Aine said:

Apologies for my name-nerdiness-

NEVER apologize for name nerdiness! I love it!

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Was their a reason why she was going to change her first name. 

I think she just really loved the name Sarah. But maybe she grew up a bit and decided against it. I think everyone thinks about changing their name when they are a kid. But few go through with it. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

439A475D-9103-4C5A-A3D3-F8EF5E6611E9.jpeg

If any of you follow the naugler thread the comments weird me out.

2 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

If any of you follow the naugler thread the comments weird me out.

On Instagram, She follows all the fundies, likes all of their posts, and posts messages on their pictures. She must be on instagram all day long. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

On Instagram, She follows all the fundies, likes all of their posts, and posts messages on their pictures. She must be on instagram all day long. 

She also has very long fanfic about all of the fundies that are discussed, including the Nauglers. Which she is apparently dating...it makes me feel all kinds of awkward.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived