IGNORED

Music... What'cha Listenin' To?/favourite singer (merged)

muffynbear

Die zurnende bard, with the inimitable Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau! (
)

Mozart, Don Giovanni and the lovely Cesare Siepi! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXX5RNDWK0)

*Edit: I did see the youtube embedding tab, but failed in getting it to work.

All you need between the youtube tabs is the end of the link, (i.e. PZXX5RNDWK0), the tab will do the rest of the work.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite band ever, even if they've recently gone the way of the dodo. They litterally were the soundtrack of my 20s, starting and ending at the same time, and have helped me through many difficult times.

3moLkjvhEu0

This one reminds me of the current Occupy protests.

YV4oYkIeGJc

Other than that, lots of goth sexyness from Finland...

dNkQvxPsBlo

V5L9pvwKSjE

tQ4yitxlyQ0

i_scshoOnw4

LynnKaboom, my husband was driving me nuts listening to the LMFAO song on repeat when we were driving to Ontario for our vacation! wiggle wiggle wiggle...

Because my kids were home and these are their favorites:

hEhutIEUq8k

hr1bTNFjec8

This would not embed nicely for some reason, but my daughters know ever word and vocal quiver.

The last two songs I saw live last year (swoon). I have a mad girl-crush on that Sia girl. And she is sexy as hell in person.

This the next song on that home-burned CD. it just came on and I was like, how could I forget? I saw these guys live and they are amazing live as well, but not as sexy as Sia.

UEqTPlD-8QI

My favorite band ever, even if they've recently gone the way of the dodo. They litterally were the soundtrack of my 20s, starting and ending at the same time, and have helped me through many difficult times.

3moLkjvhEu0

This one reminds me of the current Occupy protests.

YV4oYkIeGJc

Other than that, lots of goth sexyness from Finland...

dNkQvxPsBlo

V5L9pvwKSjE

tQ4yitxlyQ0

i_scshoOnw4

LynnKaboom, my husband was driving me nuts listening to the LMFAO song on repeat when we were driving to Ontario for our vacation! wiggle wiggle wiggle...

OMG, H.I.M?! Nigthwish?! I think we're musical soul mates! :P Ville Valo is my dream man!

These are currently my favorite songs:

43IpE8AsmMQ

8pvHZ4ddR-4

Songs I love from some of my favorite bands:

TsiUhn7Cgp0

AEjXDCNww9c

E7fzUGR8ZH4

zJXQSBWO5Qc

In my dream world Colin Meloy is my husband. :dance:

right now, i have "young homie" stuck in my head. i don't usually go for hip hop but i just love this song.

xJpfK7l404I

Samantha, what did you think of the video for Calamity Song? I am not even sure how to describe the emotion I felt at Jenny in the pink wig and bandana, dressed up as DFW's author photo.

This...

Hiz2JkjbKHU

And this...

xBua5uF-VEU

And this...

52K49VSufhQ

And absolutely anything at all by this band ever.

Love. Love. Love.

This has been stuck in my head all day...

8Dw8qdmT_aY

They kind of remind me of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (I have a HUGE girly crush on their - ESMZ's - accordion player, Nora Kirkpatrick).

My songs of the moment:

With her new album out I can't enough of her!

TpLXQorSQe8

881qFziuGG8

YpV2g3w75wM

This group of musicians is just tremendous. I don't normally like this genre but I can't stop listening to their new album.

DtAITPpMzWI

And I've been on an Eric Whitacre kick lately. I couldn't find a great version of this on youtube, fast forward to about 1:20. A better version is on his website.

5AKwVI3jkbY

I was on an Adele kick for a bit, now I'm refreshing my Chaucer and evolutionary theory with the help of the marvellous Baba Brinkman :)

cnVLLQna1

GTMPvpiuyRY

ROgR3nK6ayk

aAYVY2eLMck

• 3 weeks later...

Shirley Maclaine, are you lonely? I love David Bowie.

I am the only poster on this forum, and I feel like I am talking to myself:

"Hey, Angri-la, you look really cute in that black cashmere hooded sweater and those pajama pants do not make your butt look bigger than it is"

"Thanks, me. You don't look a day over 28!"

I don't know, I clicked on it because you make me laugh, and it was just you posting; "you" did start this thread. Does anyone else have access to a computer? Hmmm... Want me to delete this?

This was my reply to a spam thread (by virklorry), but maybe I dicked up replying somehow? It's kind of an awesome thread, though. Like, what if I just totally lost my mind?

I assume the spam post was deleted so your post ended up being the first. It's kinda funny, actually...

Angri-la, I'm stealing your sweater when your back is turned.

I assume the spam post was deleted so your post ended up being the first. It's kinda funny, actually...

Angri-la, I'm stealing your sweater when your back is turned.

I know better than to turn my back on you, SEK. (ooh, your acronym just kinda defrauded me)

Ah yes, it does look like it was the nike spam thread, and just those posts were left. I think it is an amusing thread for posting about whatever.

Have I mentioned today that I really like horses, and I would like to go riding again before the end of 2012?

Archived