IGNORED

Music... What'cha Listenin' To?/favourite singer (merged)

muffynbear

This really doesn't fit in with what most of ya'll are listing to, but last weekend I took little man to see Seether, Bush & Nickleback. Nickelback sucked ass, as I had predicted they would, but jr. loves them. Seether was great and Bush was awesome, Gavin Rossdale has turned me into a screaming drooling fangirl. Jr loves music and I love taking him to shows. Incubus/Linkin Park in August.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HIX2RAHPTsI

90Nu8G_2F98

And to kick it up a notch:

Ch5Xpj_eGUs

The editing in the last video is AMAZING! Highly recommend fullscreening it!

My fav singer/band is Joel Plaskett Emergency. I have been to many of his concerts and even one when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my first. Amazing guy.

This is an accoustic version played with another great musician Peter Elkas.

90s dance/rave!

qr1Cligg-Vk

BkczzkGrYDQ

rXNQJY-feMM

ikGtCA3OJJc

The sounds of my childhood! I didn't understand about MDMA (Ecstacy) though I have friends who take it I won't touch it personally. Still loved a choon :D

Bangin' tunes! I'm currently discovering all of the 90s stuff I should have listened to as a youngun' if I hadn't been crazy sheltered. Thanks!

Since I'm planning to visit North Vancouver next month, I've had "The Crawl" by Spirit of the West going through my head. Not quite as great a drinking son as Home For a Rest, but it's close. One of my great college memories is of having a beer with the band at a pub after seeing their concert.

• 1 month later...

OMG, I just found out that the acoustic version of We Are Young that I posted earlier was recorded/filmed like 3 blocks from my house! Which, if I lived in a big city, wouldn't be such a big deal, but I don't. I live in a small, Central Pennsylvanian town. On one hand, I'm super stoked. On the other, I'm super bummed, because they played a free show on the college's campus when they were here and I missed it (they were 1 block away, and I missed it)!

Anyway, here's my newest obsession (and not only this song... everything they've done is great!):

vnZqpuTGd7I

Tempest, by Bob Dylan. I'm a Dylan fan and it makes the top 3. If you haven't heard the evolution of Dylan through the Never Ending Tour you will be surprised. Hokey ballads and David Hildago is backing him.

ETA: There is a Titanic song that Doug Phillips is a tool will never listen to, it confronts the classism of the survivors and the women and kids first bullshit. Naturally it's Bob's perception nothing that Doug Phillips is a tool can comprehend.

I'm really an oldies, Gaelic/Celtic type of girl. Gaelic Storm and The Irish Rovers are two of my favorite bands.

There is a Titanic song that Doug Phillips is a tool will never listen to, it confronts the classism of the survivors and the women and kids first bullshit. Naturally it's Bob's perception nothing that Doug Phillips is a tool can comprehend.

I don't think it's the song you're talking about but The Irish Rovers did a song on Titanic. When I did a YouTube search I got that song and tons of versions of "My Heart Will Go On."

[link=http://youtu.be/0Bs1dou3SDw]http://youtu.be/0Bs1dou3SDw[/link]

Titanic is one of my passions. I often find myself trying to force myself to keep my mouth shut when the fundies and others go off on their rants about Titanic.

Archived