IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

My vote is no courtship and that the older girls suggested to JB that letting Jana finally get her own IG account a few weeks before the new season would lead to exactly this sort of speculation and renewed interest in the show and he agreed.  

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I want to Rifftrack episodes of the show AND send Josh a tshirt with the picture of him touching his crotch...

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Umm... Josh Duggar’s ? You might want to go to the kitchen and boil your face!

J.png.590562572383921f138fbe19df20aa31.png

Wow, he looks awful. Yuck! 

5 hours ago, viii said:

I don't think she's courting. I know Jessa said relationship, but I don't think Jessa would joke about accepting applications if Jana was in a special relationship with someone. 

I was going to say, if she hadn’t included that part, I would not have believed Jessa Blessa. If there was even something in the works, putting the application joke wouldn't make any sense. 

29 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

My vote is no courtship and that the older girls suggested to JB that letting Jana finally get her own IG account a few weeks before the new season would lead to exactly this sort of speculation and renewed interest in the show and he agreed.  

We don’t call him daddy Jim Buck$ for nutin’! TLC was also probably behind it. She seems to prefer privacy so this move was probably influenced by them. The thing about this is that she’s probably been on IG for a while now if she handled the family account. I’d be more impressed if she was under 24 and not almost 30, and if most the family wasn’t already on IG.

@AnnaRuk09 yes seeing how Jana is almost 30, this isn't as big a deal to me as others are saying. They may even be responding to criticism that Jana is almost 30 and doesn't even have Instagram. The same way they responded to criticism of Jana only doing childcare and cooking by having an episode of her hanging pictures. Brilliant rebuttal there Duggars. Brilliant. 

My snark is only directed at the Duggars, and I am enjoying other posters thoughts on this. 

Jana seems to have been angling for a role on the show as a fixer upper and she’s genuinely got the skills to match. The Duggars also talk about the Gaines’ Magnolia Homes empire all the time (Remember when they all took a trip to Waco recently? Jinger is forever instagramming stops there.). Now that they’re rolling out their own network - I wonder if Jana’s trying to get a show on there, or already has. Jana would be a slam dunk fit for Chip and Joanna’s beliefs and new network, IMO. 

25 minutes ago, Virago said:

Jana seems to have been angling for a role on the show as a fixer upper and she’s genuinely got the skills to match. The Duggars also talk about the Gaines’ Magnolia Homes empire all the time (Remember when they all took a trip to Waco recently? Jinger is forever instagramming stops there.). Now that they’re rolling out their own network - I wonder if Jana’s trying to get a show on there, or already has. Jana would be a slam dunk fit for Chip and Joanna’s beliefs and new network, IMO. 

This is exactly what I think is happening.

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

If there is no courtship, then TLC really needs to send some non-softball questions their way next season:

• how have your/your parents beliefs changed over the years?
  • what do you believe about how christians should dress?
  • has the courtship model changed since the first duggar courtship?
  • what does it mean for your daily life to be an adult still in your parent's house and under your father's leadership?
  • should all Christians be trying to have as many children as possible?
  • what do you think your life would be like if your family had never been featured on TLC?

It kills me that their show could actually be interesting, but instead we get the same dull scenes played out over and over and over and over. I don't even watch, Buzzard  is way more compelling.

Well People covered Jane's IG.  https://people.com/tv/jana-duggar-sister-jessa-says-shes-single/amp/

Was some IG, fly4Jesus, discussed before? Someone on Tumbler wrote  "Duggars are now following someone new on IG named Jimmy."  Kind of sounds familiar, but I can't remember if this was discussed before (it has been a long ass week).

20 hours ago, Firebird said:

Except she doesn't rapidly blink 500 times a second or stammer when she says um,k, or edward.

(I might have recently listened to all the twilight audiobooks and watched all the movies and secretly enjoyed them. I do watch the movies with rifftrax. Has anyone else heard of rifftrax? Please say yes!)

I LOVE RiffTrax. My husband and I's first date was RiffTrax Live: "Manos Hands of Fate"  and we've been hooked ever since. Well, he knew about it before I did. We've both always loved MST3K.

@Blessings of the Corn

If you haven't watched Twilight with Rifftrax, I highly recommend it! Some of the best parts are where Mike Nelson and co. keep saying "line" every time Bella and Edward stare vapidly at each other. Their jokes are hilarious, and Twilight provides them with so much opportunity.

Have you seen the MST3K with Rowsdower? Final sacrifice I think it's called. Nothing funnier than a pudgy hero with a mullet who is huffing and puffing every chase scene.

39 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Well People covered Jane's IG.  https://people.com/tv/jana-duggar-sister-jessa-says-shes-single/amp/

Was some IG, fly4Jesus, discussed before? Someone on Tumbler wrote  "Duggars are now following someone new on IG named Jimmy."  Kind of sounds familiar, but I can't remember if this was discussed before (it has been a long ass week).

That's interesting. I never thought People would give into this crap like InTouch or Inquisitr. Because it's the Duggars and fundamental Christianity, wouldn't it be better to stay away from social media? What happened to staying away from temptation, like vanity or worldliness? The dozens of dating rumors, how is that modest or honorable? Ooh yeaahh, stupid me! it's for their sacred business (money) "ministry"! ummm, no.

I talked about it around the time Joy and Austin got engaged here: 

15 hours ago, Firebird said:

@Blessings of the Corn

If you haven't watched Twilight with Rifftrax, I highly recommend it! Some of the best parts are where Mike Nelson and co. keep saying "line" every time Bella and Edward stare vapidly at each other. Their jokes are hilarious, and Twilight provides them with so much opportunity.

Have you seen the MST3K with Rowsdower? Final sacrifice I think it's called. Nothing funnier than a pudgy hero with a mullet who is huffing and puffing every chase scene.

Final Sacrifice is one of our top favorites! We quote it all the time, haha. The Twilight riff is HILARIOUS!

My thoughts, Jana got an IG because TLC claimed that because she doesn't have one, Jimbob won't let her, and this will prove that he's not a control freak.

18 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

It's Austin. He changed the name on his account to "Jimmy" for, I presume, privacy reasons.

ETA: Whups, @AnnaRuk09 already said that! Gotta think of some interesting commentary to avoid being redundant. Er... Austin is pretty fly4jesus for a white guy4jesus?

Well that is a lot of Jesus in one instagram post, but it does seem from the heart.  

30 minutes ago, seraaa said:

I'm a sucker for sibling content 

I’m just glad both sets of Duggar twins have each other to lean on. I imagine it was hard growing up in that family in the early years and at least John and Jana had each other and Jed and Jer had each other. I’ve always assumed that if one of the twins decided to go rogue, they would likely have the support of their twin. 

@Firebird @Blessings of the Corn My husband and I love mst3k and rifftrax. Did you know the guy who played Rowsdower died recently? Also if you haven't already watch Space Mutiny. Amazing!

I've only seen the Twilight films via rifftraxs. I tried to watch one properly (without rifftraxs) but I just couldn't manage it. 

Best rifftrax ever is The Last Airbender though. I laughed so much I could barely breathe.

I just hope Jana is happy. She definitely deserves it. 

Timing of her Instagram before the new season :whistle:

@EmainMacha Thanks! I'll have to check out the last airbender! I'm hoping they do one for the Divergent series. I feel like that would be Rifftrax gold. 

I watched Ready Player One with Rifftrax and I found it pretty funny :)

On 1/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, WiseGirl said:

Yes, he's a friend of the middle boys. I'm too lazy to find photos but it's been well noted. 

I also agree that this doesn't necessarily mean anything about courtship. Her age + she's likely proven her SAHD Kool-aid drinking loyalty + JB probably recognizing how important social media is for ratings + seeing how the Bates have allowed their 18 year olds to have public accounts and they're not all heathens yet (as far as we know) = JB loosening the reigns on an adult 29 year old woman ever so slightly. I am hesitant to ever give JB credit, but I'd guess considering the context that's what's going on.

If we make it to the end of the season premiere with no courtship announcement I’ll believe it. I just can’t give JB any credit.

33 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Yes, he's a friend of the middle boys. I'm too lazy to find photos but it's been well noted. 

I also agree that this doesn't necessarily mean anything about courtship. Her age + she's likely proven her SAHD Kool-aid drinking loyalty + JB probably recognizing how important social media is for ratings + seeing how the Bates have allowed their 18 year olds to have public accounts and they're not all heathens yet (as far as we know) = JB loosening the reigns on an adult 29 year old woman ever so slightly. I am hesitant to ever give JB credit, but I'd guess considering the context that's what's going on.

This sounds more likely, I agree. Especially considering that her instagram account is "janamduggar".

Now, if she were to marry, could she change her instagram name? Edit - apparently, you can!

That birthday post (while not my style) is really lovely. It seems to be the kind of thing post that I see people (probably on tumblr) saying should be done instead of how the Duggars usually do birthday posts. Even with horrible beliefs I think Jana is probably a really good person and I do think if she ever gets some distance from that world that she would likely drop a lot of them or at worst be a "live and let live" kind of person. Not fangirling here, just knowing the value of getting out of AR and away from where these beliefs are "normal".

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived