IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

I am depleted. And even a bit lost returning to the United States. But also energized. I feel the need to dance. Its [sic] crazy. This is my response to horror and brokenness. It is the reason why I travel all around the world to film the beauty of celebration.

Dancing Dougie.jpg

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler
2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Dancing Dougie.jpg

Oh lawd, that photo. ?It's like someone took it especially as a gift to fj. ? Oh I can't wait to read the following comments.  Ready, set...go in!:popcorn2:

Well, well, well. Speak of the Devil. Guess this comes under "travel all around the world to film the beauty of celebration."

459344381_DougieMention.thumb.jpg.45599878fb3b5412fdb8809f61aba885.jpg

How does he have the money to go all these places while Beall, meanwhile, is cleaning houses, selling her plasma, and sleeping in her car instead of motels during Operation Meatball trips? Where on earth is his money coming from, and why doesn’t she have any of it?

I think that's old stuff he took back in 2017 when he was part of Lady Flo's entourage, which they then used to make a promotional video for the 2018 event; that's why the post mentions the first year of the festival. I stalked most of the associated social media accounts like crazy last summer, and didn't get any hint that he was there.

No idea how he kept it up as long as he did, but I assume that whatever grifted money kept him afloat as he jumped, jived, and wailed his way across Europe has run out (hence why his domain expires quarterly).

I was looking at JTits Instagram, and the thing I'm really curious about is their 2014 trip to Normandy (for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day). Obviously that was after The Fall,  and I think it was pre-Bobby Bowden project (which, IIRC, was filmed in 2015). Was there some other film project I'm forgetting? That's an awfully pricey trip to haul the whole family along on if someone else wasn't paying for it.

A year later, they were back filming the Bobby Bowden thing, which, again, involved the whole family. It makes me think that despite the obvious fallout from Lourdes and the shuttering of VF, the reality of their lives now may not have really hit home until the past couple of years. They were still traveling, Doug had a "big new project" in the fire, and I wonder if Beall (and some of the kids) could still convince themselves that any downturn was temporary. I don't think "this is our life now" really sunk in until much more recently.

42 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

That's an awfully pricey trip to haul the whole family along on if someone else wasn't paying for it.

I have long believed that Doug (perhaps with Beall's assistance) socked away a LOT of money from VFI/VFM while they were both still in operation. Guessing here, of course, but it seems likely that a forensic audit of the two entities' books would probably have revealed that the Phillips family was the prime beneficiary in both cases, and that the "ministry" and the business came second. The 9 or 10-person roundtrip airfares alone to Hawaii or Europe would cost thousands, even if Doug had airline mileage to use. Then there are the additional costs of accommodations, meals, and ground transport.

One or two of the European trips were managed by a travel or tour agency and in those cases, it's possible that Doug worked it so as to receive comped or reduced airfares & other expenses based on the funding the tour agency received from the leghumpers who paid through the nose to go on those trips. Nonetheless, even in those cases, it's hard to believe that the tour company would comp all 10 individuals in the Phillips family for all tour-related expenses, including airfare.

So, IMO, unless Doug and/or Beall had inherited wealth of some kind, they had to have been using the proceeds from VFI/VFM to make these trips, not to mention buying the expensive camera & computer equipment to film the cosplay.

I hesitate to get too excited because "Douglas W Phillips" is not that unique a name, but American Express has filed a lawsuit against a debtor by that name in Bexar County. 

Spoiler

1870472050_dougphillips.thumb.JPG.b4c645456d4cfb043a6e0df4673f2da4.JPG

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I hesitate to get too excited because "Douglas W Phillips" is not that unique a name, but American Express has filed a lawsuit against a debtor by that name in Bexar County. 

I understand your caution completely.

Now, if AMEX had filed suit against Douglas W. Phillips, a.k.a.,Phil Douglas, a.k.a. nyc_cinematographer, a.k.a., D. Winters, I'd say you're on to something!

[Pretty sure I'm missing at least one of his online personae.]

2 hours ago, VVV said:

Epic find. It's not a unique name, but....gotta be our boy. 

20 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Dancing Dougie.jpg

I wonder if that was his response to Lourdes coming forward. Or to Bill Hybels crashing down. Or to the Houston report on the SBC. Or to the renewed pressure on SGM and CJ Mahaney. 

Dance away, Dougie. You won’t hear justice coming for you over the music. 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:00 AM, hoipolloi said:

Dancing Dougie.jpg

@twin2, it's been far too long since the last lol Doug, but....

this sucker is begging for a caption 

17 minutes ago, treehugger said:

"You better werk... Werk it, girl... Sashay, shantay..."

Liberty is headed to Iwo Jima again, with the same sketchy "charity" she went to France with last year.

1360699042_Screenshot_2019-03-19BestDefenseFoundation-GuideStarProfile.thumb.png.a062a43c818b26998b1d6f2d8972bc77.png

c251b98e-4c62-467f-8299-bb8db83a0008.thumb.png.8700110affa8aad32ddd4d8ed07e4ca0.png

1 hour ago, treehugger said:

"That moment when you realize that in spite of everything you still have it all"

51 minutes ago, bea said:

Are these all grifters, or people with jobs?

I honestly don't know.

Best Defense Foundation website: https://www.bestdefensefoundation.org/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/bestdefensefoundation/

It was founded by an ex-NFL player and takes donations, but apparently can't be bothered to file with the IRS?

The founder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Edwards

His personal IG:  https://www.instagram.com/d1944/

I found one of the other "program coordinators" https://www.instagram.com/haveluggagewilltravel/ From the Nashville area, lotta vaguely Jesus-y language and I noticed Becky Morecraft pops up in her comments...

Edit: She also attends that WWII reenactment in Linden, Tn, that the Botkins/Verniers/Courtiers/Boyers are involved in.

Looks like they've rebranded or renamed themselves as the Donnie Edwards Best Defense Foundation.

The IRS ruling year was 2018 so too soon for an IRS 990. There should be one, though, given these financials:

Donnie Edwards Financials.png

5 hours ago, bea said:

Are these all grifters, or people with jobs?

I'm going with GRIFTERS.

4 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I found one of the other "program coordinators" https://www.instagram.com/haveluggagewilltravel/ From the Nashville area, lotta vaguely Jesus-y language and I noticed Becky Morecraft pops up in her comments...

On her FB profile, she says she's studying digital marketing & advertising at Liberty U online.

Oh, and she's volunteering with the Best Defense people:

There aren't very many WW II vets still living at all, let alone in any kind of shape to travel to Europe. An 18=year=old in 1945 would be 91 now. Liberty Phillips et al are going to have to come up with another con.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, hoipolloi said:

Dancing Dougie.jpg

I'm afraid seeing this may have just given me eye cancer.

Korea? Viet Nam? I'd find this so much less weird if any of these fundy people had ANY current family serving/served in the military. 

Really, young women getting free trips to far-away places doesn't count as actual service to the country. 

Call me cynical, but I have to wonder if being active military would be on the minus column for potential suitors of the Phillips daughters, because it's real life and not role play. 

19 hours ago, treehugger said:

"Welcome to the World Jackson" on the baby card he signs Opa, Esquire

28 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

"Welcome to the World Jackson" on the baby card he signs Opa, Esquire

Where is this -- on one of DPIART's many social media accounts? TIA!

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Call me cynical, but I have to wonder if being active military would be on the minus column for potential suitors of the Phillips daughters, because it's real life and not role play. 

I'm not sure wether the Phillips can afford to be picky about suitors anymore. Sure, they'll want someone with the more or less same believes, but beyond that Beall is probably glad when there is one less eater on her bill.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived