IGNORED

Lori Alexander 52: Looking for Debt-free Virgins Without Tatoos

12 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I was at my on board training today. A vast majority of the people there were women who were going to begin working within the health system that I got a job in. And a good portion of the speakers were women who were leaders in the company. Several of them mentioned how dear their families are to them. They hardly sound like absentee, evil, working mothers. Even a male speaker talked about how he choose to start working there because he was gone from his family too long, traveling for HR and recruitment in another big company. It would have made Lori blow a gasket to sit in a room full of accomplished, educated leaders and workers. 

Given how many women were in that room, many of whom were future nurses, it's clear the medical system would fall a part without them.

You are spot on. I've worked in healthcare my entire career (at three different large hospital systems).  Two had female CEO/presidents who started out as bedside nurses and worked their way up. They were also mothers.   Health care would absolutely fall apart if there were no women -- not just nursing, but in all disciplines and trades across the board -- radiology technicians, phlebotomists, schedulers, dietary workers/dietitians, billing offices, registrars, environmental services...a lot of these are female dominated positions. Not to mention physicians.  I've been fortunate to work in places where the contributions of both men and women are recognized and supported. And the vast majority are also parents...raising fine children into adulthood. 

One of the things i hate (among many) is how Lori stereotypes working women into 2 camps ... we are all these selfish, stiletto wearing (not that there is anything wrong with that) power lunch hussies stealing jobs from men, or coffee-fetching boss-obeying (instead of obeying our husbands) 1950s secretary-types straight out of central casting. 

Look...most of us are just trying to do a good job, earn a paycheck and support our families. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look now, but she's on another tear today. Honestly, I don't think she slept since the debt-free-tattoo virgins thing blew up in her face. She can't.let.it.go.  The voices in her head are saying: "listen to me. listen to me. listen to me. I am RIGHT. I AM ALWAYS RIGHT. I AM NEVER WRONG. LISTEN to me! Listen to ME! ME! ME! YOU are ALL WRONG! I am RIGHT. ALWAYS. I mean it. NEVER WRONG. You are all jezebels.  ALL OF YOU. AND YOU DESERVE IT!!" 

Posting more MRM stuff today.   Opening quote is a doozy. Let the games begin.

Opening quote of which @SongRed7 speaks:

“If you are a typical 30-something girl who had been playing the field in your twenties, the ONLY way you have any chance to marry a high quality, high status man is to humble yourself in the presence of any man you might like to marry, and answer any and all questions he has for you. At any point, he may decide that is too much baggage and walk away. And you deserve it.”

Early response from reader:

Spoiler

That’s funny since I’m almost 40, met my husband in my early 30’s, spent my 20’s getting my education and career and traveling and he never gave a hoot. Here we are 8 years later with a family and home and a strong Christian marriage.

Quick retort from a man who clearly assumes her education, career, and traveling couldn't possibly have occurred without involving grave sin:

You're the exception to the rule. And very "lucky". If I were you, I'd be praising God for finding a way through that sinful past, rather than being boastful about it.

I mean...what the HELL???  :COLERE:

Has anyone seen Alyssa's live video she did yesterday on Insta? She is talking about her new passion, being a nutritional therapy counselor. She mentions having a mom that would just feed us salads every night. She touches on not eating (she sounded like she was a borderline anorexic, or that was my take away) at one point in her life. 

Why bring filth? Because Lori allows it. She will delete those with verse and keep this shit up. 

whybringfilth.PNG

Go nikki!

gonikki.PNG

Okay, but how about this:  What if - and just hear me out, I know it sounds crazy - what if finding a "high-quality, high-status man" isn't my one and only goal in life?  What if I care more about his personality than his status?  What if I'd rather find a high-quality woman?  What if I'm not really looking for anyone right now?  What if I've got career goals or personal goals that have nothing to do with catching myself a high-status man, because I don't live in a damn Jane Austen* novel?

I could go on, but it's probably best if I stop for now; I can just about see the gears grinding and smoke starting to rise as Lori struggles to make this compute.

*Yes, I know Austen is generally critical of women whose only object is to land a rich man... but her heroines also generally get a rich man as part of the happily-ever-after.

7 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Okay, but how about this:  What if - and just hear me out, I know it sounds crazy - what if finding a "high-quality, high-status man" isn't my one and only goal in life? 

And what's this 'high-quality, high-status man' bullshit anyway?  Isn't Lori supposed to be all about pleasing God, not aiming for a high status in life?  Aren't her leghumpers supposed to be satisfied with whatever crumbs their men provide?  

I think Lori is such a jerk because no one has ever stopped her from being one.  For most of us, that happens in our family of origin.  Parents, certainly, but siblings play a huge role too.  I often wonder if Lazy Lori had an older brother if she would have turned out differently. Mine certainly didn’t take any shit from me (he was five years older). Lori was the princess in that family, and she never expected anything less in life  

She was an unappreciative daughter, a bossy older sister, a witch of a wife and an abusive mother incapable of showing tenderness and compassion. It would be a wonder if she turned out any differently than she is now. 

Ooooo, people, I have a confession. I agree with Lori's topic today! There ARE a lot of ridiculously entitled people out there. 

One blogger I follow strikes me as one of the most entitled people I've ever experienced:

• She believes that she's entitled to a husband who doesn't eat junk food but instead fills up on "big salads (tm)." No more canned cheese and crackers, KEN.
  • She believes that she's entitled to soup WITH potatoes.
  • She believes that she's entitled to foot rubs from her father even though she's a grandmother.
  • She believes that she's entitled to tell other women how to live their lives even though her own life experience is minimal at best.
  • She believes that she's entitled to destroy her birth control while preaching "submission." 
  • She believes that she's entitled to pass judgment on others who aren't living as she does -- even though she has literally no frame of reference to understand those other people's lives.
  • She believes that she's entitled to tell the neighborhood should be ("shut that dog up or else!")
  • She believes that she's entitled to post private pictures of teen girls publicly -- while mocking them.

Gosh, I could really go on all day. This is seriously one of the most entitled women I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of reading. I hope she reads Lori's blog post today and gets a freaking clue. 

All her blathering about tattoos makes me want to go get one! I have been thinking about it for many years, but I am now thinking of the "perfect" tat. My oldest son has probably 10 or so. He thinks Lori is batshit crazy and doesn't understand why I waste my time reading her. 

I knew it is was going to be interesting reading comments on Lori's post today. 

The way I see it, young women who are not debt free, non tattooed virgins are only ruled out by the most misogynistic, fundy jerks who they wouldn't want to be with anyway.

So, no loss. 

It matters to your future husband what you did before you met him. Do not pretend that he should just take you with all that baggage because you are sooo awesome.

That's a quote from the woman whom Lori quotes in her post today.

I have a quote for that, from a man of God who raises the dead regularly and actually preaches the Gospel:

If anyone tries to bring up your past to you as a born again believer in Jesus Christ, if it is at all possible, GET AWAY from that person as fast as you can, because you can be sure...that person is working for the enemy.  Jesus Christ will NEVER bring up your past.

The person Lori quotes today is the red pill wife of a manosphere blogger. Of course she leaves that detail out. 

3 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Okay, but how about this:  What if - and just hear me out, I know it sounds crazy - what if finding a "high-quality, high-status man" isn't my one and only goal in life?  What if I care more about his personality than his status?  What if I'd rather find a high-quality woman?  What if I'm not really looking for anyone right now?  What if I've got career goals or personal goals that have nothing to do with catching myself a high-status man, because I don't live in a damn Jane Austen* novel?

I could go on, but it's probably best if I stop for now; I can just about see the gears grinding and smoke starting to rise as Lori struggles to make this compute.

*Yes, I know Austen is generally critical of women whose only object is to land a rich man... but her heroines also generally get a rich man as part of the happily-ever-after.

With the talk about getting a high status man, I must think of Trump or a lot of other high power men. What you hear about their marriages isn't something I would even touch with a ten foot pole, less likely enter for myself.

35 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The person Lori quotes today is the red pill wife of a manosphere blogger. Of course she leaves that detail out. 

Oh, I know! I know! I know all about Mychael! 

Her hubby, Scott, is a red piller who used to run a blog called The Courtship Pledge. At the time, even though his biological kids were only about 1 and 2, he was starting to plan how he would control their choice of marriage partners. He had this crazy idea that he would institute a set of rules, like "You must introduce yourself to your partner's parents after 2 dates. Address the father as "sir". Shake his hand firmly." He wanted -- no, insisted-- that he and Mychael involve themselves in the courtship process and threatened withdrawal of any financial support if this was not carried out properly. He actually thought this would work. As the parent of teens, I could not stop laughing.

Despite her distressingly masculine first name, Mychael is a real red-pill wife who loves it when Scott tells her what to do. She said there is an element of "fear" in their marriage (on her part, of course) and that is a good thing.

He and Mychael had broken every rule in the book when they were young, and she had an out-of-wedlock son who was about 10. Scott molded the boy into a mini-red piller, and tested out the courtship rules on him. The boy, probably desperate for a father figure, believed Scott and absorbed his beliefs about the evil of most women. The kid's around 21 now. At least they let him go off to college (with lots of rules). He is an electrician's apprentice now, so he may have dropped out.

They live on a hobby farm now, are devout followers of some form of Christian Orthodoxy, and have four little kids. I don't know if Scott is still planning on controlling his kids when they are young adults and dating. I wish him luck with that, though. Making threats like "I'm not coming to the wedding if you do such-and-such" is the path to a lonely old age. Erika Shupe is heading down that path as we speak.

Here's his latest blog. It is a bit toned down from his previous one.

https://americandadweb.wordpress.com/2018/01/22/she-made-it/

I read ole gals post, the one from which Lori quoted.  And did the usual perusal around the comments on TTW facebook post.  I still can't wrap my head around the mountains of self deprecation that abound.  There are repeated comments to the effect of: we aren't worthy of anything. Period.  I thought back to Jessa and Jinger just before Jessa's wedding, when Jinger went to hug her and said "I'm not worthy" after her speech.  I don't understand the debasement in conjunction with faith. 

WRT to the whole "catch a good mate" thing...how can anyone have any self esteem if they spend all their time believing they aren't good enough...ever.  They don't like for anyone to use the phrase "ONLY a wife/mother/housekeeper" but they emphasize the very idea.  Men are supposed to be the ultimate providers, anything less is laziness and the woman is supposed to be the ultimate submissive...but we don't deserve wealth or health or anything positive...?  I really don't get it.  I don't know if I'm coming across the way I'm meaning to.  I just see a lot of confusing double talk with these people.  If it's a strictly ascetic life they are trying to preach, they need to just join the Amish and be done. 

Spoiler

1232088424_Wedeservenothing.thumb.jpg.ad5253fb6d5549877f57ec5b16b917d0.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Oh, I know! I know! I know all about Mychael! 

Her hubby, Scott, is a red piller who used to run a blog called The Courtship Pledge. At the time, even though his biological kids were only about 1 and 2, he was starting to plan how he would control their choice of marriage partners. He had this crazy idea that he would institute a set of rules, like "You must introduce yourself to your partner's parents after 2 dates. Address the father as "sir". Shake his hand firmly." He wanted -- no, insisted-- that he and Mychael involve themselves in the courtship process and threatened withdrawal of any financial support if this was not carried out properly. He actually thought this would work. As the parent of teens, I could not stop laughing.

Despite her distressingly masculine first name, Mychael is a real red-pill wife who loves it when Scott tells her what to do. She said there is an element of "fear" in their marriage (on her part, of course) and that is a good thing.

He and Mychael had broken every rule in the book when they were young, and she had an out-of-wedlock son who was about 10. Scott molded the boy into a mini-red piller, and tested out the courtship rules on him. The boy, probably desperate for a father figure, believed Scott and absorbed his beliefs about the evil of most women. The kid's around 21 now. At least they let him go off to college (with lots of rules). He is an electrician's apprentice now, so he may have dropped out.

They live on a hobby farm now, are devout followers of some form of Christian Orthodoxy, and have four little kids. I don't know if Scott is still planning on controlling his kids when they are young adults and dating. I wish him luck with that, though. Making threats like "I'm not coming to the wedding if you do such-and-such" is the path to a lonely old age. Erika Shupe is heading down that path as we speak.

Here's his latest blog. It is a bit toned down from his previous one.

https://americandadweb.wordpress.com/2018/01/22/she-made-it/

Sounds like then Scott is grooming her to be the next Lori. We might need a new thread here soon for them. Up and rising stars! They have 2 boys and 2 girls just like Lori! 

20 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I don't understand the debasement in conjunction with faith.

This is religion, plain and simple.  

Whenever "Christians" want to bolster "holiness" by debasing themselves more and almost competing in their debasement, it is a sinister form of pride: it is false humility.

The form of pride that is to obvious to Mychael is "I'm all that and a bag of chips", but she fails to see that she has swung to the opposite side of the pendulum of pride, in suggesting that any person who has sinned "deserves" to live in rejection and abject relational poverty for the rest of their life.

She does not understand the new creation in Christ.

Both forms of pride negate the power of the Creator for redemption.

One form swings to "Look at me!  I'm a high status person deserving of a high status spouse!", in self-righteousness and pride that anyone can spot.

The other form swings to "Look at me!  I am worthless and nothing, yet I managed to 'stick the landing!'", which is also works-based and glories not in Jesus, but in self-righteousness of a reverse kind.

This is all works-based religion.

Red Pill is works based religion, and a false religion at that.

All of this focus on people, and what they did, what they do, or may do in the future...all this focus on the "poverty" of people's souls, people's bank accounts...

NOT the Gospel, as I've told Lori several times now.

58 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Hide contents

1232088424_Wedeservenothing.thumb.jpg.ad5253fb6d5549877f57ec5b16b917d0.jpg

I am getting a strong whiff of sour grapes out of this "oat-sowing" nonsense in the comments. Growing up in the fundy world, we were always told that people were "sowing bitter seeds" and would reap a harvest of pain, heartbreak, etc. So these women grow up dotting every i and crossing every t oh-so-carefully. But then they see other women who went out and lived life on THEIR terms while still getting "happy endings." They're *pissed. They were sold a bill of goods, not allowed an education, forced to do everything according to someone else's plan for their lives -- and in the end, they get stuck with an asshat "command man" and passel of children they can't afford while these "worldly heathen women" are out there having fun, earning a paycheck and either happily married or happily single. 

If they genuinely believed they were living the best life they could, they'd shrug and move on, not worrying about what others are doing. But they are harboring doubts -- either in their god or themselves -- which makes them uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable enough to do some soul-searching and re-evaluating but uncomfortable enough to bitch and moan. 

It's the classic "propping up their self-esteem by putting others down."

Forget the KJV. Here's Lori's new Bible: 

Spoiler

bible.jpg.164ac15f34f95b233244a5c797d119b3.jpg

16 minutes ago, polecat said:

If they genuinely believed they were living the best life they could, they'd shrug and move on, not worrying about what others are doing. But they are harboring doubts -- either in their god or themselves -- which makes them uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable enough to do some soul-searching and re-evaluating but uncomfortable enough to bitch and moan. 

It's the classic "propping up their self-esteem by putting others down."

Not terribly unlike my mother's explanation for her pro-life[sic] stance: "I couldn't get an abortion when I was pregnant and didn't want any more children, I don't see why anybody else should just be able to get one!"

Yes, she was, and remains, the most angry, bitter, batshit woman I have ever known. Pretty devout fundie Christian, though.

As I've read Lori lately, I keep thinking about a class I took in seminary which was a sociological reading of Luke-Acts.  We spent time really delving into anthropology and the sociological conventions of the culture as influencing linguistics and impacting hermeneutics.  One of the biggest aspects transforming how I read the New Testament was how counter-cultural Jesus truly was because the culture he lived in was competitive and hierarchical because the concept of honor/acclaim was viewed as limited.  Giving honor or esteem to someone meant that the available honor to receive for one's self was diminished.  Jesus' paradigm was completely different and directly in opposition to this.  Receiving honor from God did not mean someone else had less honor from God.  

To me, Lori tries to read a finite view of honor and esteem into gender and Scripture.  She is diametrically opposed to the equality Jesus advocates because everything she articulates is set up as oppositional.  To Lori, to embrace female liberty, independence, and even education is (falsely) the same thing as demeaning a man.  To have such a worldview is against everything in the gospels.  This is why we question so often if Lori even knows Jesus.

I think that the Steven Bunce who posted on her FB page and called himself a “high quality high status” man who didn’t want a wife who’d had “a thousand dicks in her” may be a Poe. At least I hope so.

I can't believe I didn't remember this before. Check out the story of Hosea and Gomer.  God told Hosea to not only marry a non-virgin, but a prostitute! 

7 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Has anyone seen Alyssa's live video she did yesterday on Insta? She is talking about her new passion, being a nutritional therapy counselor. She mentions having a mom that would just feed us salads every night. She touches on not eating (she sounded like she was a borderline anorexic, or that was my take away) at one point in her life. 

I wonder if Lori saw the video and went nuts on Alyssa via phone, email,or whatever. But, maybe Alyssa has come to the point where she is calling out Lori and doesn't give a fuck if Lori gets pissy.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived