IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

From Lori's Insta doodle:

"Women tend to have hurt feelings easily and get offended quickly. If their husband speaks in a wrong tone to them, words are spoken that they don't like, or act in a way that ignores or bothers them, they can fall into the trap of self-pity (hurt feelings, or become offended so they withdraw, become moody, or lash out)."

It should read:

Lori tends to have hurt feelings easily and she gets offended quickly. If Ken speaks in a wrong tone to Lori, words are spoken that she doesn't like, or he acts in a way that ignores or bothers Lori, she falls into the trap of self-pity (hurt feelings, or becomes offended so she withdraws, becomes moody, and lashes out)." 

There you go, Lori. Fixed that for ya. Big boys and girls in real relationships don't act this way. They discuss and resolve their issues like grown ups. They don't suffer in silence or attempt to brush it under the rug and fall into pouty silences when they don't get their way. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I've been looking for adobo but can't find it here. 

I found mine at a Latino grocery store, but you can also order it on Amazon.

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

Spices can be expensive. And many dried herbs from the store just don't taste flavorful to me because they've sat for so long. That's why I try to grow and dry my own for some basic stuff like thyme, sage, oregano, Basil, etc. 

If you want them to be they can. But these people weren't living in dire poverty and probably could have spent a dollar or two on some garlic powder. A lot of very basic spices can be purchased for very reasonable prices even at the dollar store. If you grow your own herbs and only like them fresh, you're probably not going to like that as much. But no one has to go to the extreme of putting nothing but salt in their food because of cost. 

33 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

James, she’s probably saying the same thing about you. 

After lurking his FB page, I can almost guarantee she did. 

I just read Lori's latest nonsensical blog post. I have a lot of questions. 

Why is practically an entire paragraph in parentheses for no reason? 

Why does she think everyone cares about her wardrobe that much? 

And does she think Tennessee and Arkansas are in the Midwest or does she not know where the Pearls and Duggars live and just guessed? 

Those two states are in the South, Lori. Also, I hate to break it to you, but people don't wear dresses to church much here in the Midwest anymore either. And we also wear bikinis. 

No South Louisiana kitchen is complete without Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.  It goes in everything savory.  

On the "Skirt/Dress" post -- I do love that one person commented that they make bathing suits appropriate for Muslim women.  Lori must be palpitating over comparing her approved dress code to that which a Muslim woman might wear.  

Hold me back if I'm ever on a beach with Josh.  I may not be able to control my sinful lusts for is pasty white chest.

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I found mine at a Latino grocery store, but you can also order it on Amazon.

I'm in Belgium, my nearest Latino grocery store is in Germany LOL  (I laugh but I've actually cried about it, I used to eat a ton of various Latino cuisines, Mexican, Tex Mex etc but it's very difficult to do here.  You can get close but everything is just off enough to be disconcerting).  I order from that place about once a year or less because their shipping is astronomical, but they lean more Mexican and don't have it.  I can see Goya Adobo on Amazon UK but it's £10 plus £5 shipping for a little bottle and I am not that curious;)  

My husband and I made our soup today.  We change it up a bit each time, but today we did:

1 lb. ground sirloin, Vidalia onion, cut/frozen okra, frozen peas and carrots, frozen baby lima beans ( I usually do frozen corn, but for some reason, I completely forgot this time).  For the base, we did several cups of water, family size can of tomato soup, and a family sized can of petite diced tomatoes.  It was really good, and we have plenty for tomorrow's lunch.

Dessert was ice-cream (choc. chip cookie dough, or pistachio).  It's miserably hot here (Alabama), so we're keeping ice-cream in the dessert rotation.

13 hours ago, polecat said:

I absolutely love Penzey's, and they are always having great sales/deals with freebies -- full-size freebies.

I'm waiting for my second freebie order right now. I love Penzeys, have ordered from them for years. It stands for so much good and is vocally against what is happening in the country now under Trump. Penzeys has a seasoned pepper and a smoky seasoned salt that I use a lot. I have a cabinet full of spices, can'i imagine dull bland food day after day. Penzeys motto is "Love people, cook them good food".

Looking at Penzey's spice... So much inspiration for dishes and I must resist buying all of them because I just spent money on new furniture. 

That reminds me quite a few people started new jobs and some are moving (I know I'm moving like next week). How's that going for everyone? 

46 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Looking at Penzey's spice... So much inspiration for dishes and I must resist buying all of them because I just spent money on new furniture. 

That reminds me quite a few people started new jobs and some are moving (I know I'm moving like next week). How's that going for everyone? 

I use mostly frozen herbs, wich I stock when on sale and dried spices did I get in turkish/ arabian groceries really cheap. No space and talent for raising my herbs. Seasoning is a must and I love spicy food.

My new job started great. It can get stressy sometimes, but the good kind of stress. My coworkers and boss are great and we are having a lot of fun. And since we're all new there and it's a new concept for all of us, we learn together.

It's 9 am in the morning on a sunday and my working self got up at 7 am, put a load of towels in the washer and had a really nice long walk with the dog in the quiet and not so hot morning. Got back and hung the towels in the yard behind the house and put the next load in the washer. Cleaned my bathroom until the load was finished and hung them also out next to the towels. Put my goulash, wich I startet yesterday evening back on the stove to simmer nicely for the next hours for dinner. And now I will have a nice and relaxed sunday breakfast with a friend in said yard in the morning sun. So Lori, what can you acomplish in same time?

LORI this could easily be the child of the women you "mentor". FUCK YOU and your 'spankings' !

Will You Forgive Me for Saving You?

I heard rumors of your surgery, saw pictures of you in day care as a smiling, happy child before that Sunday. I felt a sad pride the day I heard you went home. I read the newspaper account of the evil of the man who did this to you, all because you wouldn’t hold still for a diaper change.

Then one morning, I was back in the same ED, sitting in the same chair as when I first heard your mom scream. The radio crackled, fading in and out: “recent TBI, trach/peg…difficulty breathing.” My skin felt too tight; I knew it was you.

The lump on your head was gone, replaced by a curlicue of scars. Your skin had taken on the slightly waxy appearance that seems so common in brain-injured patients. I’m not sure if that’s something that happens because of your injury or because of the medical care, but I’d recognize the sheen anywhere.

I talked to your mom again. She gave me a hug and thanked me for saving her baby. Your grandma is amazing; she loves you so completely and perfectly, caring for you every day. We got to spend a little more time together, but you probably don’t remember either of our visits. I will never forget them.

As I watched you lie on the bed, I saw the occasional flicker of what I hope is a smile that means you find some joy. You love Moana, so your mom plays it over and over. I’m not sure if you know happiness, but you definitely know pain. When the nurse began looking for an IV site, you fought as best you could, grimacing and trying to pull away. I hope that pain is not all you know.

I hope you forgive me. You were so close to gone, and I was so afraid you wouldn’t make it. Even then, I knew that “making it” would be relative, and the life I was saving you for would be troubled at best. I hope some part of you finds joy and that it overshadows the pain. I hope you remember a little, because I will never forget you.

I wonder: Did I save you for a good life? Are you glad I did it? Will your mom and grandma still thank me when the endless days of caring for you heap into years of sacrifice? Will you forgive me for saving you?

39 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

LORI this could easily be the child of the women you "mentor". FUCK YOU and your 'spankings' !

Will You Forgive Me for Saving You?

I heard rumors of your surgery, saw pictures of you in day care as a smiling, happy child before that Sunday. I felt a sad pride the day I heard you went home. I read the newspaper account of the evil of the man who did this to you, all because you wouldn’t hold still for a diaper change.

Thank you for posting this.  That was heartbreaking.  Lori would, of course, say this is an "exception" and the father was "doing it wrong."    I can't even imagine what someone did to a child that gave them an injury like this for not holding still for a diaper change.  I'm sure Lori could think of a few ideas.

Wasn't there some discussion about physically punishing babies for wiggling during diaper changes?

@Koala? Does that ring a bell? You're usually the expert on quotes.

Yes, Susan Bradrick wrote a whole article about it,  Voddie Bacham wrote about how infants are inherently deceptive and full of sin.  The Pearls of course advocate spanking as young as four months, all added up it is easy to see how that turns into sick behavior.  We also had a good discussion on the Servens ( Ben and Michaela) and how they "trained" their then 14 month old for church services....

Lori.JPG.fc021ce18431a89deac77a6af989e78b.JPG

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.17d7bb7e66682003c313de928cbe1ff9.JPG

Spoiler

Capture2.JPG.97c532c6d219bfcc090883bf7305d0c8.JPG

Spoiler

749178296_Capture3.JPG.4c2c7d384a16e4979be90b8d58b440be.JPG

Spoiler

236504901_Capture4.JPG.9023e61c2bf92f6e82f83a7e06d45ef2.JPG

Becci is being abused .  I think she is trying to tell Lori :  Look, I am doing my best, doing what  I am "supposed" to do as a "helpmeet" ...  but my husband puts me down, calls me fat , etc., etc.  In other words, her husband treats her like crap

Look at Lori's response  ... take all your "concerns" to God.  BS, Lori.  This woman is being treated badly (verbal and emotional abuse) by her husband, and all that Lori can say is "take it to God".  Really, this means take the shit.  No, Lori.  NO.  You are telling women to take being treated like shit.  How much shit would you take?  None, is my bet.  You can dish it out though, can't you?

Carrie  is the only one who makes any sense.  Yep, the page is bonkers  (nice way to say insane).  

7 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Wasn't there some discussion about physically punishing babies for wiggling during diaper changes?

That was Lori, with one of her sons. I got the sense it was the younger son.

I agree with Carrie!! I also refused to be meek and quiet, and that's why my first marriage failed. Bullet dodged!

Also I cannot imagine anyone hitting a baby for ANY reason. That is just insane and so wrong on so many levels. But I know you all feel the same way.

8 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-sensible-approach-to-spanking.html

Ken Alexander:

The same applies to squirming babies when diapers are being changed. For some reason one of our babies was all over the place when it came time to change his diaper. He would get mad at being changed and became very uncooperative, arching his back, and throwing a fit at a very young age… maybe a year old. We gave him a swat at times to get him into a more cooperative mood.

Lori Alexander:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/05/to-train-up-child-chapter-one.html

One of our children, when they were about eight months old, began squirming like crazy when trying to change their diaper. I would say "No" and give a little smack on the behind. It didn't take long before they would lay there without moving while I changed their diaper. 

Lori Alexander:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/seeds-of-rebellion.html

One young woman told me when she asked her two and a half year old son to come to her to change his diaper, he ran away.

I told her she must take a wooden spoon or some other object and spank him on his bottom hard enough so it will hurt.  

Lori better hope she never ends up in a nursing home with nurses who take the same approach she did.  Wonder how she'd like it if someone hit her with a wooden spoon (hard enough to hurt)??  

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

We gave him a swat at times to get him into a more cooperative mood. 

Cooperative? That's not the word I would use. Also "about a year old" WTF?

And thank you @Koala, you are the best!

Cora Yisrael is at it again. A comment on yesterday's doodle by a man named Matt:

Love should be long-suffering, quick to forgive, and slow to offend, but that's a two way street. If he doesn't treat you as his equal and partner, then it's time to call the divorce attorney. Stop providing justifications for spousal abuse and rape disguised as "good wifely etiquette."

Cora:

There is no such thing as spousal rape within a marriage. You comply at "I do." If your husband feels that he has to force you (which he shouldn't put his hands on his wife) then she is the problem.

What a feminist washed cuck you are. 

She is without doubt the nastiest piece of work I've seen on Lori's page in a very long time.

Sorry Lori but men follow your post so like it or not you are technically teaching them something. Lori I wish you would look at the time period, and who is being spoken to, and why. It would help to clear all of this up. 

It would do wonders if you used the whole scripture when you teach, not just the parts about females. Pail says a women’s body is not her own it is her husbands. A mans body is not his own it is his wives. Sharing this with women doesn’t mean you are teaching men more than you already are. 

How can you say that you teach and mentor younger women when you yourself have no real biblical knowledge? 

Spoiler

E50AC385-5AC5-4DE4-910E-FD3DF9A31DDD.thumb.png.4145074060988ba90d0b6d32445c014d.png

52480489-C2C8-4E19-B064-05C4346FFAD6.thumb.png.c05282e7f0a8e4ade6d524b948e1e694.png

14 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Cora Yisrael is at it again. A comment on yesterday's doodle by a man named Matt:

Cora:

She is without doubt the nastiest piece of work I've seen on Lori's page in a very long time.

Marital rape does exist. I know several women that this has happened to. It is 100% the fault of the person raping their spouse. 1 Corinthians 7: 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 

Im pretty sure Jesus would be 100% against marital rape. 

33 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This may be why she was complaining recently about not being married -- Imma jus' sayin'

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived