IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

13 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Her kids are absolutely gorgeous! She seems undereducated. One entry she says "Muslims, Buddhists, Islams and more don't have the divisions Christianity has." Uh, OK. 

....lord help us, she probably homeschools. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

Exactly, why have child after child and not be able to feed them or take care of them?  I am not directing this at you, I think you sound wonderful. I'm just agreeing with you but since you said you have 4 kids I don't want you to think that's what I meant!

I get it! And thanks! I will never understand why people have child after child. Most of the time it seems they don’t care about them like they should either. It should never be the job of the older kids to raise the younger. Help, sure. Raise, no. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

In spite of humble bragging about her faults, it's the same old "I'm perfect, what's wrong with you?"

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm confused why her kids have such wildly different skin tones across those photos.  I completely understand that mixed race people can look different in different lights, but she does so much photoshopping, I hope it's not that she's lightening their skin...

• Upvote 1

I found her old blog. It was from 2009-2010. In one of the early postings, she talks about how she wanted a baby, but her husband at the time wanted student loans and other debts to be paid off. She had conflict with that because she wanted a baby and she stopped taking birth control. In other postings, she wasn't too preachy and she posted about usual things their jobs, the house, and the pregnancy.

• Upvote 1

According to her Facebook, she also had a normal job at one time.  I’d guess she is compensating for something by collecting babies. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

According to her Facebook, she also had a normal job at one time.  I’d guess she is compensating for something by collecting babies. 

She mentions working on her old blog. In one post, she talks about how she and her husband worked for a company that sold timeshares and they later discovered the owners were shady and doing illegal things. The owners basically abandoned the building and Karissa and her husband had to get new jobs. A month or so later they got jobs at Mercedes-Benz and Chrysler. Her husband is still there and Karissa's LinkedIn profile is still up. It appears she never updated it because she is still listed as working at Mercedes Benz.

The LinkedIn profile lists her having a degree in Business Administration from a Christian college in Kansas called Barclay College. Her husband attended another Christian college in Kansas. 

She was 25 when the oldest child was born. I'm guessing she probably wishes she had started having kids at a younger age. The oldest child turns 10 next year. Seven kids in nine years isn't a bad number in QF land.  

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

*please don’t live in Texas, please don’t live in Texas*

checks...

yep.  Texas.

oh god Texas deserves better than this. Think of Beto O'Rourke instead when you think of Texas!

Stay strong fellow Texans

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She mentions working on her old blog. In one post, she talks about how she and her husband worked for a company that sold timeshares and they later discovered the owners were shady and doing illegal things. The owners basically abandoned the building and Karissa and her husband had to get new jobs. A month or so later they got jobs at Mercedes-Benz and Chrysler. Her husband is still there and Karissa's LinkedIn profile is still up. It appears she never updated it because she is still listed as working at Mercedes Benz.

The LinkedIn profile lists her having a degree in Business Administration from a Christian college in Kansas called Barclay College. Her husband attended another Christian college in Kansas. 

She was 25 when the oldest child was born. I'm guessing she probably wishes she had started having kids at a younger age. The oldest child turns 10 next year. Seven kids in nine years isn't a bad number in QF land.  

I would suspect she was a bit like my friend: WANTED to get married young and be a SAHM, but was pressured out of it and instead spent her time bouncing from job to job that she hated.  As soon as she could, got pregnant and stayed home, and became a reactionary SAHM in response to the forces that she believes were responsible for making her so miserable.  Now, she's trying to overcompensate and get out all that anger she feels over what happened to her.  If this is the case, fundamentalism probably fits Karissa like a glove because it gives her the lifestyle she wants, a way to respond to the social pressure, and an outlet for her anger.

My friend is not fundie, just very religious and """Traditional""".  Honestly, it kind of surprises me that she never crossed that bridge.  In the end, I think it's because my friend understands that just because SHE was miserable, doesn't mean everyone is, and that trying to force her beliefs on others would create women in her same situation just reversed.  I don't always agree with her, but I do agree with her overarching argument: at 18 she was already with the man she knew she wanted to marry (and had been for several years), she already knew she didn't want a career, and it was unnecessary misery that she was pressured into sinking time and money into a lifestyle she knew she didn't want.  Her wishes should have been respected, not overridden and derided by people who thought they "knew better".  

Anyway, that's just my guess because fundamentalism and QF* aside, her and my friend are two peas in a pod.

*My friend would ABSOLUTELY be QF if she had a LICK of financial sense.  The thing is, she doesn't, and by the time she started having kids, she had already gotten herself so far into the hole that she needed to call people and beg probably 6 months out of the year just to make minimum payments...and then weeks later would show off her latest pinterest project/home renovation on facebook.  Like this woman BOUGHT NEW CURTAINS for the lavish baby shower she THREW HERSELF so she wouldn't have curtains that didn't match the theme.  After she intentionally got pregnant with #3 while still not living within her means with only 2, she was cut off by many people and told she would be cutoff if she had another by the rest.  In the first fiscally responsible decision I believe she has ever made, she got her tubes tied when she got a C section.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

oh god Texas deserves better than this. Think of Beto O'Rourke instead when you think of Texas!

Stay strong fellow Texans

I think that we Texans are strong, but sometimes I think our natural independence is why we/the State of Texas seem to attract so many!  Warren Jeffs picked Texas for his Zion compound for a reason, what he perceived as a lack of oversight by authority was a big part of it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Beto! Beto! Beto!  I’ve taken to attending Beto rallies as a coping mechanism for this current administration. 

Voyage is pretty main stream here in North Texas... I get the impression she’s fundie only in the quiverfull sense, not in the Duggar sense.  We have lots of the “ultra conservative when it works for them and they can be judgey of others” types around north Texas.

Edited by PurpleCats
Clarify
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

52 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Beto! Beto! Beto!  I’ve taken to attending Beto rallies as a coping mechanism for this current administration. 

Voyage is pretty main stream here in North Texas... I get the impression she’s fundie only in the quiverfull sense, not in the Duggar sense.  We have lots of the “ultra conservative when it works for them and they can be judgey of others” types around north Texas.

I have heard a lot about Beto from my sister, she lives in Georgetown.  She said he's getting a lot of interest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

WE DO! It's a hotbed of them. 

• Upvote 3

Trying to Google her old blog but coming up empty. Help a sister out?

On 6/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, PurpleCats said:

PREACH

Especially in forever red, Fort Worth where it looks like she resides

• Upvote 2

Karissa’s daily post...

Value...

Before I was born, the doctors told my parents that I would have down syndrome. My parents, being unwed, were definitely not ready for a baby. They weren't financially ready. They weren't emotionally ready. My mom wasn't physically ready as she was only seventeen. Yet, they saw my value. They had everything against them, and they still saw the value of my life and refused to abort me. 

My ministry is clearly women and their wombs. God has placed a truth in my heart that I believe needs to be spread. The truth of trusting God with our wombs. I used to say this truth was only for Christian women. Since raising children is not an easy task in today's world, my target audience was women of God. When we trust God, He really does provide everything we need to raise children. Seriously though...everything. 

But God opened my eyes to the value of life. A Christian moms children are not any more valuable than an atheists children. 

My friend (whose faith is on fire) opened my eyes to this truth when she told me that she wasn't raised in Christ and her parents are not Christian. She was so grateful they still had her regardless of the trials of childbearing. 

It reminded me of the value of life. Life comes from God alone.  My life is not any more valuable than my future children's lives. I can either choose to have them or not. 

It always baffles me to hear people thanking God for another day of life, but yet refusing to allow God to use them to bring another child life. 

The last two weeks, a few of my children had several sleepovers. Every time one of my children was missing, I felt incomplete. I simply can't imagine life without each child. We could have easily stopped after the coveted boy and girl that came first, but God revealed the value of life to us. 

The fear of losing my life in childbearing or illness caused by pregnancy has haunted me at times. But God always reminds me of the value of life. My future children's lives are just as important as mine. God knew them before He even formed them in my womb. 

I am grateful, as I am sure you are also, that my mom saw the value in my life. Do we see the value in our future children's lives or is it limited to what we can physically handle? 

Jeremiah 1:5
""I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.""

Edited by Jellybean
Added quote box
  • WTF 6

Women like this annoy the **** right out of me. My uterus is not yours to command. I am not going to be a footsoldier in your womb war.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

My kids are a blessing from God... my womb is a blessing from God... over and over and over again.

And some of her Instagram posts are sooo long.  I'm talking about the ones where she comments on her post, but continues the post.  It's an awful lot of (repetitive) information to digest.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

My ministry is clearly women and their wombs. God has placed a truth in my heart that I believe needs to be spread. The truth of trusting God with our wombs. I used to say this truth was only for Christian women. Since raising children is not an easy task in today's world, my target audience was women of God. When we trust God, He really does provide everything we need to raise children. Seriously though...everything. 

But God opened my eyes to the value of life. A Christian moms children are not any more valuable than an atheists children. 

My friend (whose faith is on fire) opened my eyes to this truth when she told me that she wasn't raised in Christ and her parents are not Christian. She was so grateful they still had her regardless of the trials of childbearing. 

It reminded me of the value of life. Life comes from God alone.  My life is not any more valuable than my future children's lives. I can either choose to have them or not. 

It always baffles me to hear people thanking God for another day of life, but yet refusing to allow God to use them to bring another child life. 

What I get from this is that only Christian children were important in her opinion, before her friend opened her eyes.

• Upvote 9

On 6/29/2018 at 12:55 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

....lord help us, she probably homeschools. 

Spoiler

She does!  In the bathtub! https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwlhbSFVaX/?hl=en&taken-by=thecollinskids

And she's also anti-vax https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzslffFkTw/?hl=en&taken-by=thecollinskids or maybe she's not? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhp3DU5FENW/?hl=en&taken-by=thecollinskids (sorry, the anti-vaxers really make me mad)

And she claims she doesn't make any money from her Instagram, but she promotes businesses like the Daddysaidyesboutique (barf) and her cousin's "Scriptural" clothing line, not to mention her own photography business.

• Upvote 1

Women like her with their “womb ministry” make me sick. Not all women are able to tolerate being pregnant over and over again. I’m fertile AF despite being 36, and currently pregnant with our second and final child, but the Hyperemesis Gravidarum was worse with this one then it was with the first. There is no way in hell I’m ever doing this again. Not everyone with a womb is able or willing to breed like that. 

I propose the “womb minister” becoming a post count. 

Edited by Mrs. Bean
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I strongly disagree that the lives of potential future not even conceived children are just as important as the lives of people who already exist. Yikes, what kind of theology is that? I don't understand that at all. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic