IGNORED

Amazing Royal Documentary!

tabitha2

Hello Friends! For anyone who enjoys Historical or European Royalty you need to watch this...  

I watched it back in December and a few time since then. All six episodes. It was really good. They did a good job of going through the many different branches and countries the family extends into. It covers a lot and many royals agreed to be part of documentary. The only bad part is sometimes there's gaps from the sound being missing because of copywrite. The same channel puts up a ton of clips and videos on the Danish, Swedish and Norwegian royal families.

I do wish they could do an updated one now, maybe focusing on the lives and children of the present Scandinavian and Low country monarchs. Of course it would shorter but just as fascinating. But Isn't King Constantine’s voice great.. I could listen to him talk about the weather and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte lived an esp amazing life. You don’t ever think of Royals literally starving or being put in concentration camps. 

It would be nice to have an update since so many of the next generation has married and had families of their own now. Yes, he has a really great voice I could have listened to him talk for hours. Josephine Charlotte and Margrethe too. I can't remember if its in one of these six or another interview with Queen Margrethe they show a glass window where members of the family have signed it. One was Dagmar the future Empress of Russia, It was really nice to hear about the different branches of the family that we don't really hear much about and there aren't really books on like the Belgian royal family or Luxembourg. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone read A Treasury of Royal Scandals by Michael Farquhar? It highlights most of the usually ones Henry and all his wives, Roman Emperors and does so in funny and sarcastic way. 

Thank you for posting this link Tabitha. I am up to episode 6 and loving it. Jordyn, Farquhar has written multiple books on royalty and some on just historical people much in the same style. All fun!

On 8/20/2018 at 7:59 PM, omilona said:

Thank you for posting this link Tabitha. I am up to episode 6 and loving it. Jordyn, Farquhar has written multiple books on royalty and some on just historical people much in the same style. All fun!

I didn't know that. I'll have to check them out. Thank you.

I also highly recommend The facinationing Ian Mortimers Time  Travelers guide to England series covering Medieval, Elizabethan and The Restoration  time periods. If a person was dropped on the street in those times how and where would they eat, live, play , pray and work, ETC in all classes.  Also on audible. 

13 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I also highly recommend The facinationing Ian Mortimers Time  Travelers guide to England series covering Medieval, Elizabethan and The Restoration  time periods. If a person was dropped on the street in those times how and where would they eat, live, play , pray and work, ETC in all classes.  Also on audible. 

That sounds really cool.

Yup! I learned contrary to what everyone thinks they know nobody ever wanted to be stinky or have a dirty home or clothes if they could possibly help it ;) 

It reminds of books I used to get the Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in 1800s, Everyday life in Colonial America, Everyday live in the Civil War, Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in Regency and Victorian England. They were good starts into what life was like. What they wore, what the fabric they would use, jobs, food. They didn't cover everything but it gave a good information on what life was like in those times. 

Archived